All Comments on 'Magnum Innominandum'

by Bramblethorn

Sort by:
  • 19 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Bravo!

I love your work. Please keep writing.

There is a typograhical error in the 2009 AP report -- whether it is yours or the reporter's is not clear:

"It is speculated that Hart lost her way while attempting to visit a Suomi village north ..." Suomi is the Finnish name of Finland; Saame or Saami was meant.

CyberDemonicCyberDemonicover 10 years ago
Please... Can i have some more?

Yup. Did it again. I can only imagine what Karin was in reality, but i think i have a really good idea. <shivers>

I love your storytelling. I love the way you make it flow so effortlessly into my minds-eye.

Please keep it comin.

BramblethornBramblethornover 10 years agoAuthor

Anon: yeah, that's my error, should be Saami :-) I will put a fix through some time.

tygztygzover 10 years ago

If you didn't write with such obvious feeling I'd wonder if you weren't just one of Dan Brown's noms de plume. This is meant as an honour, trust me - even suddenly ended far short of what I think it could be, yours is by far the better story.

SaucyminxSaucyminxover 10 years ago
Lovely

Enchanting, and at times downright creepy.

GPLockwoodGPLockwoodover 10 years ago
Brilliant

I've been a fan of H.P. Lovecraft for a long time, and I'm very impressed with this story. Five stars and a smiley! :-)

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Spell Bound

Yet again you have written such an enthralling and imaginative story. I keep returning to your works over and over to see if you have submitted a new creation. Please continue to write for all of us "selfish" fans who have fallen in love with your ability to lead us into new worlds and a enjoy a step away from the stresses of day to day life.

BramblethornBramblethornover 10 years agoAuthor
Updates

Anon, and anybody else who's interested: it'll be a while before I have another story to post, but if you send me your email address (use the Contact tab on my user profile) then I can let you know when I have something new. Thanks for your encouragement!

LesbianChickLitLesbianChickLitover 10 years ago
Astoundingly Good

It's not often that I read something that makes me want to dig through my lit and comparative religions notes.

You captured the Lovecraftian mood very well, without the unpleasant fustiness. I also liked that you used his foreshadowing apprehension for your characters, but gave them motivations to compensate. It's hard to sympathize with Lovecraft's heroes when they're terrorized by the fish people or cave beastmen or mummies that they intentionally sought (like people who make pets of dangerous animals and are shocked at being attacked.)

Arago007Arago007over 10 years ago
Speechless...

I should really wait a bit to post a comment, as I don't think I have completely processed this yet. The most I can say right now is that I am affected by the story and so very impressed by your writing. I will definitely read again (with some open tabs on my ipad to research as I go along).

Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Impressed

Truth be told, this is barely an erotic work, but very much an *excellent* horror story. I've read worse in published anthologies.Congratulations and well done!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
The End

Well, Bramble, I've come to the end of your posted stories and I'm beyond impressed. I'm now certain that you're the best writer I've come across on this site. I've been reading "weird" tales for more than sixty years (I'm seventy-four now) and I've been writing them myself since the late 1960s (some successful and published, many not), so I think I can speak with a small measure of authority. As another reader has remarked, MI is better than many anthologised tales. The influences are clear (you've mentioned some yourself: Chambers, Machen, others) and yet it still stands out as an original. Let's have more and soon.

Brian

Sammael BardSammael Bardabout 9 years ago
An absolute delight to read...

So detailed, so well written and so well researched (well I'm not well rehearsed in such areas, but you sure made me believe that it "might" exist. =) ) The way you've decribed all that five veils separating Ruth and Jo actually blew me off.

Hats off! That's all I have to add apart from this lousy comment.

Thank you so much for sharing this piece. ***** for your effortless elegance and effort.

Bard.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Wonderful

I am overjoyed with how you've assembled these various literary allusions together in such a plausible manner.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Amazing!

Your storytelling is so beautifully crafted. Every one of your stories leaves me wanting more

OmenainenOmenainenover 3 years ago

Magnificent! And almost included Finland, too!

I can’t match even the level of your other comments, I really don’t know what to say about this. Unbelievably good. My utmost respect for your talent. My only regret is that I’m nearing the end of your published work.

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissyabout 2 years ago

Impressive as in a spectacular journey ...... A blooming love destroyed by religion? Im quite not sure if i got this input right. I feel like a monstrous stone pressing the air out me. So sad that this love wasnt made to bloome and the end is an blurry too. But may im not understanding it in the end. Your talent writing stories is out of question.

💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝😔

deepred53deepred53almost 2 years ago

The more of your work I read, the more amazed I am of your skill and talent. I feel a little brokenhearted with this story and a little ‘spooked.’ Wonderful work.

StacnashStacnash9 months ago

This is a really strong piece of work, with plenty of imagination, class and style.

Content like this isn’t easy to write, but you’ve done an amazing job. You’re a very talented writer and your versatility screams to me that you could write about any subject and do it justice.

There were hardly any grammatical and formatting errors, and even those that were detected didn’t detract from my experience.

I’m excited to follow your work in the future.

87/100. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBramblethorn@Bramblethorn
818 Followers
Hi! Thanks for reading; I hope you find something in my work that interests you. Life has been very busy, and my writing has been one of the casualties. I have a couple of works in progress, no promises on when they'll be ready. If you want to know when I have a new story ou...