Marisol: Passion in Bloom

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Wow," Tom said breathlessly, gazing longingly at her toes, "French tips. Very nice."

Amazed that a man even knew what French tips were, Mari felt a shudder run from her toes all the way up to her throbbing temples. Taking a deep breath, she replied, "Thank you. I get them done all the time. I like to keep my feet pretty." As she said it, she again tingled at her own willingness to reel this fellow in like a squirming bass on the end of her hook. Did she really want him interested in her feet, was she just giving in to some cruel urge to tease him, or did she think there was something more behind the fetish, something - no, someONE - worth getting to know?

"Mission accomplished, I'd say," Tom sighed, swallowing hard, a smile burned into his dreamy-eyed face. Then, lower, as if the comment wasn't meant to be heard, he added, "And I'm jealous of whoever painted them." He wasn't even aware that he'd spoken the words out loud, and Mari herself only barely heard them. But, hear them she did. And it took all her will power not to shove her toes up to his lips and ask him to kiss them until his lips were raw!

Feeling she'd better break the tension, Mari finally cleared her throat and said, "Um...Tom...my shoe?"

Tom seemed to snap out of a trance, and, blinking an invisible fog from his eyes, he slowly, even reluctantly, slipped her shoe onto her foot. Mari watched intently, feeling like pampered royalty as this man knelt at her feet, replacing the shoe that she'd subconsciously - and yet still possibly intentionally? - let drop from her toes.

"There," Tom said, "it's all nice and comfy back home again." He smiled, but Mari could tell he was trying to recover from something. Was he excited? Was he turned on by something as simple as her bare foot, and putting her shoe back on for her? Oh, my, if that was the case, she might very well get to like this man!

"Thank you, kind sir," Mari said. "Your assistance is greatly appreciated. You are indeed a true gentleman."

"You're very welcome," he replied with a shy smile, "Now you keep that shoe on nice and tight, okay? Don't let it escape again. It might try to run away, and then where would you be? And I might not always be around to corral it for you." He smiled, his nervousness seeming to dissipate more rapidly now, despite the telling pink glow that clung stubbornly to his face.

"I'll try my best to keep it on my foot," Mari promised, "but sometimes it has a mind of its own. I do wonder, though, what would happen if it DID fall off again?" She left him an opening, hoping he'd take the bait. Inwardly, she laughed at herself for still thinking of him as a fish on a hook, and her mischievous foot as the bait that would lure him to that barbed fate. But again, she didn't berate herself. She was feeling much too sexy for the first time in way too many years to even think of doing that.

"Well, in that case," he replied, "were I anywhere in the vicinity, I would feel compelled to put it back on for you again. If you would allow me to, of course. I just can't allow a lovely lady like yourself to do something as trivial as that. A lady like yourself is far above such things."

"So I can count on you to be chivalrous and gallant again, can I?" Mari quipped, another shiver of excitement dancing along her entire body.

"Any time," Tom replied, smiling a smile that heated Mari from the inside out. "And now," he added, "I'll leave you to your... uh... water. And... whatever you were doing before I interrupted you. I hope I didn't bother you too much. I sincerely apologize if I did."

"Not at all," she said, fighting back a landslide of emotions, "I appreciate your help. Thank you, Tom." Her smile was having the same warming effect on him that his definitely had on her.

Tom returned to his table, reluctantly, as if hoping Mari would ask him to sit with her. When she didn't, he trudged back to his table and sat, obviously disappointed. He seemed to be contemplating, trying to think of what to do next, his index finger nervously tapping his chin as if the tapping might drum a decision out of it. Mari found herself wishing he'd ask to sit with her, so when he turned to leave she wasn't sure what to do, either. Each sat at their own table, thinking how they could continue this chance meeting without looking too idiotic to the other.

With a grin, Mari realized just how easy it would be to get Tom back over to her table. After all, he'd promised to come to her assistance again if she needed it, didn't he? She wasn't usually one to tease, being shy herself, but desperate times called for desperate measures. Tom was cute, and he'd looked so charmingly sweet kneeling in front of her, staring at her toes and slowly slipping her shoe onto her foot. And he was so close to her feet. If only he'd started massaging them! Woohooo! She'd have put him in one of the bags with her oils and lotions and taken him home with her right then and there! So, it was with a calculating mind and a racing heart that she did what she did next. True, it was wicked, but if the bait doesn't work the first time, you simply apply more bait and toss the hook back into the water. Again Mari grinned at her somewhat cruel symbolism, but her heart was thumping so profoundly in her chest, that if she didn't try SOMETHING, she knew she'd regret it for a long time to come. She was coming to realize that she wasn't just teasing Tom simply for the sake of teasing him, nor was she looking for some kind of odd footsie relationship with him. She'd seen something behind those blue eyes, in those soft words, and definitely in those shy lips. It had stirred her, and not just in a sexual way. There was something there worth pursuing. And if she had to resort to a little teasing to bring it all out, well, then Tom would just have to play the willing victim for the moment. Once she had him "hooked," then she'd slowly peel away the shy yet smoldering exterior to find the heart she knew was beneath.

So, feeling her cause was just, she rocked her leg up and down as before, this time even more exaggeratedly. She arched her foot so that the heel of her shoe slipped off, causing the shoe to again dangle threateningly. She rocked her leg quicker and harder, letting the shoe slip further and further down to her toes. She worked the shoe to their very tips in no time at all. Then, with a grin, she curled her toes downward one last time. The shoe once again lost its grip.

CLUNK!

Tom turned around immediately. He looked in the direction of the sound, then back up into Mari's twinkling eyes. She grinned at him, trying to look totally innocent and yet playful at the same time. He grinned back, a slight blush once again painting itself on his cheeks. Slowly, he rose from his chair, hands in his scrub pockets at first, and turned to walk toward her. As a last minute decision, he stopped, took one hand out of its pocket and snatched up his drink, bringing it with him this time. Reaching her table, his chest inflating with a deep sigh, he then placed that drink on Mari's table and knelt down on one knee before her, looking up at her with hopeful eyes.

"May I?" he asked, only a slight tremor in his voice and his lips smiling broadly.

"You most certainly may, kind sir," Mari replied, not hesitating for a second, and grinning herself as she held her foot out once again. "I'm ever so sorry. I can't understand why I can't seem to keep that shoe on. But it's good to know that I have a gentleman around to assist me with this vexing situation. I truly appreciate your assistance. I'm in your debt again, sir."

With sincerity in his eyes, Tom smiled and replied, "No, Mari, I'M in YOUR debt. I must be the luckiest man in the world right now."

Mari's cheeks blushed this time. And she was rapidly beginning to feel that same flesh-warming rush of blood all over her body. She could hardly breathe, her eyes darting from Tom's lovely blue pupils to the French-tipped toenails that had so thoroughly captured their interest. Wiggling her toes ever so slightly, she thought to herself, "Fish hooked. Now, Mari, all you've got to do is reel him in and put him in your boat. Let's see what this cute fellow is made of." Mari shivered all over again as she seemingly watched a replay of what happened only minutes ago. Tom was back on one knee before her, holding her foot in his hand, reaching down to again corral the escaped shoe. He grinned up at her, obviously perfectly happy to be exactly where he was. She smiled back, waiting for her re-shoeing to commence.

"This shoe seems adamant about gaining it's freedom," Tom said with a sly smile, "although, I can't for the life of me think why it wouldn't be perfectly happy where it was, hugging such a lovely foot as yours." His shyness was apparently history - just that quickly and easily.

"Well," Mari replied with tongue in cheek, "I can't understand it, that's for sure. It's usually quite happy to stay put, but, for some unfathomable reason, tonight it seems to be rather mischievous. It just keeps hopping right off my foot! Have you ever seen such a thing?" She played the part to the hilt. She was even enjoying it.

Tom was very aware by now that Mari had found him out. But, not only was she not put off by his fetish, but she was even going as far as to tease him about it, playing with him, having fun without making fun. It didn't seem to matter to her. In fact, she seemed to enjoy the attention. And Tom was completely willing to play along.

"No, I can't say I've ever come across such a belligerent shoe in my life. And one with very little sense, too, if you ask me. Again, if I were a shoe lucky enough to caress YOUR pretty foot, I'd stay right there as long as you needed me to be. In fact, you'd have to PRY me off your foot! I, madam, know a good thing when I see it."

"Oh, now," Mari smirked, "you're just a flatterer."

Tom was deliberately delaying again, holding off putting the shoe on her foot for as long as possible. Mari knew this, and again pranced it about playfully, flexing and wiggling her toes for his benefit. She sighed inwardly when she saw that Tom was beginning to breathe heavily, his chest heaving repeatedly as he watched the playful antics of that adorable foot.

Tom's hand began to tremble ever so slightly as he slipped her shoe back on. He was grimacing with outright displeasure as he covered up that sweet tootsie. But, Mari, without any premeditation, pulled her foot back before he could encase it in shoe leather. Tom looked up at her, looking both happy...and confused.

"Well, now," Mari grinned, "I guess it's not the shoe that's being bad, after all. It seems my foot doesn't want to wear that uncomfortable shoe. It's my foot who's being testy, it would appear."

"Well, then," Tom answered, chuckling quietly and then swallowing hard, "I would say that your adorable foot simply wants to be comfortable. And it certainly has every right to be, don't you think?"

"True," she replied, "but then what? I can't have my feet just kicking off my shoes anywhere they want to just because they're a little uncomfortable, now, can I? I mean, I'd be barefoot all the time! How would I walk around without shoes on my feet?"

"Hmmm....a tricky question, that. I'm sure you'd come up with something, some solution to your problem. But, in the meantime, should I put your shoe back on or not?" It was a tennis match, each seeing what the other would come up with next, each smacking the ball into the other's court, waiting for the return volley.

"Actually, I think you'd better," Mari said firmly. "I'll be leaving soon, and I can't be walking to my car barefoot, don't you agree?"

"Yes, I'd have to agree with that. Though, if your feet wanted their comfort THAT much, I suppose I could always CARRY you to your car."

"Carry me? Oh, how sweet," she laughed, "You're quite the gallant knight, sir, if perhaps a bit foolhardy."

"Dear lady, a knight must have a certain amount of foolhardiness. It's required, in fact, as per the stringent stipulations of the knighthood bylaws."

Mari laughed, greatly intrigued by this unusual, but interesting man. These two had only just met, and yet they talked with an ease and comfort that belied the fact that they were complete strangers. They conversed as if they'd known each other all their lives. Words flowed easily between them, and their initial shyness was banished farther and farther away with each conveyed thought, each parry and thrust of light banter.

"Go ahead, then, Sir Knight, you may restore my shoe to its proper place. However, I can't promise my stubborn foot will allow it to remain there for long. It certainly seems to have a will of its own tonight."

"In that case, Milady, perhaps I'll just have to remain on guard duty, sitting here at your feet in case your foot should again try to escape its leather confines and breathe free air once more. I'll just have to keep a close watch, to prevent such a thing from happening. Not that your lovely feet shouldn't be comfortable, mind you - they most certainly should be. But, if you insist on leaving, it WOULD be best that your shoes protect your royal tootsies from the ravages of the cold, cruel world. I'd hate to see any harm come to them. So, tell me, Milady, should I sit at your feet and remain on guard to protect your beautiful feet?" If he were talking to anyone else, that entire speech would've been ludicrous, ridiculous in the extreme. But, somehow, Mari took it all in stride, even joining in the fun.

It was at this point - hovering between wondering if he'd really sit there at her feet or not, and wanting to see just that - that Mari realized Tom was still on bent knee, holding her foot, shoe ready to be slipped once again onto it. While it was both delightfully silly AND somehow erotically romantic, she also realized that they were in a public place - a shopping mall food court, no less! Luckily, the hour was late on a week night, and there were few shoppers still remaining. Still, she knew that at any moment someone would walk by and either laugh out loud or snicker. Not to mention wandering security. What would THEY think? Would they toss them both out of the mall entirely or just ask them to leave the food court and get a room?

"Attention, mall shoppers," a message blared over the public address system, "the mall will be closing in fifteen minutes. Please complete all your purchases by that time and leave the building by one of the exits. Have a good night, and thank you for shopping at Crystal Run."

"Alas," Tom said, "I won't be able to guard Milady's feet." He made a boo-boo lip face, pushing out his lower lip like a pouting child, or one on the verge of wailing its discontent.

Mari liked this man's personality, and didn't want the conversation to end. It was too stimulating, to much fun. "For a knight, you give up rather easily, sir," she said, taking on a disappointed air.

For the first time, Tom seemed at a loss for words. So Mari continued.

"I guess I'll have to risk walking to my car, after all. I don't know what I'll do if my feet start kicking off my shoes along the way. I'll just have to suffer the indignity of pebbles attacking my poor feet!"

Tom was about to sling back yet another witty remark, carrying on the game. But, then, his expression changed. He cocked his head to one side and smiled a soft smile. "Mari," he said, "I don't know if you're just teasing me or not, but it doesn't have to end here if we don't want it to. I mean, if you're not just yanking my chain, why don't we go somewhere and have a cup of coffee together?"

Something inside Mari froze. It was do or die now. The challenge had been clearly issued. It was a case of putting her money where her mouth was. She hardly knew this man, and yet she'd carried on a conversation with him as if they'd been friends for years. She felt totally at ease with him, but that was during playful banter. Now, he seemed to want something more, something a bit more serious. What had begun as a little teasing to find out about this smiling, scrub-wearing, sparkling blue-eyed man, had now taken a turn in an entirely new direction. Was she willing to take that next step? Did she dare? He was a total stranger. Easy to talk to, yes, but a stranger nonetheless. And she was, after all, just a visitor to this state, due to go home to Florida shortly. What would be the sense of even TRYING to carry this further? She bit her lip, trying to decide her response.

As she looked down at him, she noticed he had put the shoe on the floor. He'd placed her foot on his thigh just above his bent knee, and was gently rubbing her instep and ankles with the palms and fingers of both hands. His thumbs slipped under her toes and started massaging them from below. Mari nearly squealed. Nothing, but NOTHING felt better to her than a top notch foot rub. And, whether he realized it or not, Tom was doing just that as he looked up into her eyes waiting for her answer. Mari nibbled her own tongue as she tried not to look too eager.

"Well," she said, her eyes watching his fingers squeeze and knead her toes, "I suppose we could have a drink somewhere, though I'm one of those rare folks who's not really into coffee. I mean, I don't know you from Adam, so it would have to be someplace public. I'm up here from Florida, so I don't know the local places. But, if you'd like, I'm sure a drink and some small talk wouldn't be so terrible." There, she'd done it. And now, the chips would have to fall where they may.

"Gee," Tom remarked with a wry smile, "don't sound so enthusiastic. It wouldn't be so terrible, huh? Well, I'll try not to make it TOO terrible for you."

"No, wait," Mari said, a little flustered, "I didn't mean to...really...I just meant..."

"Relax," Tom laughed, "I was just joking...about the 'terrible' part, not about wanting to spend some time with you. Are you sure you'd like to go? Like you said, you really don't know me."

Mari looked into his eyes. A more trusting pair of deep, blue eyes she couldn't imaging ever looking into. So, considering carefully, she decided to take a chance. What the hell, she thought, he's cute, he seems pretty nice, he's witty, charming in an odd sort of way. And let's not forget, he likes her feet and gives a pretty good foot rub. Maybe an hour or so chatting with him might be somewhat...awesome. Only one way to find out.

"Let's do it," Mari said. "Do you know of any clubs or hangouts around here with a little atmosphere?"

"What kind of atmosphere do you like?" He asked, a happy smile climbing aboard his face.

"Someplace public, but quiet. You know, where we can have privacy to talk and actually hear one another, and yet with other people around in case you try to pull a Jack the Ripper on me."

Tom laughed so hard he had to cover his mouth to avoid drawing attention to the two of them. His entire body quaked with the intense humor that comment inflicted upon him.

"I know just the place," he said, finally recovering his composure and reluctantly slipping her shoe over those white-tipped toes. He then lowered her foot to the floor and stood up, holding his hand out to her. "We can take my car, and I'll bring you back here to your car afterward. If you trust me, that is."

She looked deeply into his eyes. She fancied herself a good judge of character and had no trouble coming to the conclusion that he was safe. "All right," she said, "but I warn you...I carry mace."

Tom laughed again. "All right, then! Thanks for the heads up. I promise not to get fresh. Until I find out where you hide your mace, that is." He winked and grinned mischievously.

Mari laughed, too. And then she wondered to herself...What HAVE I gotten myself into? But she was at a point in her life where she felt she had to put herself out there, take a few chances. She wasn't going to meet a sweet man hiding herself away from the world and not trusting people. So, she was going to have a drink with Tom. Only the future would tell her if she'd made the right decision. Besides, she'd be heading back to Florida shortly, anyway, so what would be the harm in a little innocent chat with this charming fellow? Seeing that his hand was still offered, she reached out and took it.