Matchmaker Bandit Novel Pt. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Where is the original prosecuting attorney?" Demanded the Justice.

They were told, "Mr. Rutledge died two years ago of prostate cancer."

"And where is Sheriff Benson now? For that matter, where are the three other persons who orchestrated this travesty, Doctor Harris and his two nephews Bert and Sammy Oglethorpe?" Asked the Chief Justice.

The county prosecutor answered solemnly, "Sheriff Benson was killed responding to a domestic dispute six years ago and the coroner, Dr. Harris last year from a stroke. Both his nephews are three time losers already serving a life sentence in the state prison at Columbus."

"It saddens me to know that there is very little that the state can do to provide Mr. Barns the justice he deserves after spending so many years in prison." Stated the Chief Justice in disgust. "I speak for every member of this court when I say that in all our combined years of public service we have never seen a greater example of judicial misconduct. The malfeasance committed by not only an officer of the court but also a member of law enforcement is so grievous in nature as to warrant a full investigation by the Attorney Generals office and it is so ordered. Perhaps he can find some way of ensuring that Mr. Barns receives the justice he so rightfully deserves!" Exclaimed the robed magistrate as he banged his gavel down forcefully.

And as the sound echoed the courtroom, after fifteen long years, Ethan Barns was a free man.

Chapter Twelve -- "The Free Man"

The warden had been notified that Ethan's appeal had been moved up at the last minute. Upon receiving faxed conformation from the county prosecutor that Ethan had won his appeal and his conviction had been not only overturned but the death ruled self-defense, the warden called his various minions and started the paperwork necessary for Ethan's release.

By the time Ethan's work detail returned to the prison for lunch, the paperwork was all but completed and the warden had already had the man's clothes and personal effects brought to his office. With his clerk standing by, he informed Ethan of his freedom. After spending thirty minutes on the phone with Howard getting the details, two guards escorted Ethan to the showers used by the guards so he could shower and change into his civilian clothes. Ten minutes after that, Ethan was walking a free man out of the prison to a waiting taxi.

Fearing possible investigation by more government agencies than they wanted to think about, the Harris's wasted no time in making their most sizeable donation to the county coffers, in exchange for documents for immunity from prosecution that is!

At Howard Booth's insistence, Foster had a cashier's check in the amount of $100,000 wired to a bank in Columbus and the check was waiting for Ethan upon his arrival. The money would be deducted from the 10.5 million dollar settlement.

Foster had even made a few calls to the D.M.V. and had Ethan's inmate license upgraded immediately. A certified copy of it was also waiting for him at the bank when he got there. Ethan deposited $50,000 and took the rest in cash.

Upon leaving the bank, Ethan had the taxi driver take him to one of the local Ford dealerships. As they pulled into the dealership, Ethan saw exactly what he wanted and upon getting out of the taxi, he walked into the lobby and asked to see a salesman.

He said to the man, "I want to buy that candy-apple read Mustang and I've got cash. If you can't have me out of here in thirty minutes I'll go somewhere else. Is that a problem?" The man saw the taxi with its motor running outside and politely asked to see the money. Ethan showed him the envelope containing the cash causing a big smile to appear on the salesman's face.

The taxi paid and dismissed, Ethan and salesman sat down to begin the necessary paperwork. While they were doing so, the manager of the dealership came over and politely asked Ethan if he would be offended if the man verified the authenticity of the money.

Ethan told him no and handed the man the business card the bank manager had given him along with the receipt for the cash withdrawal of $50,000. Howard had told Ethan that if asked for his address to give them the address of his office. It came in really handy when they were talking to the insurance agent over the phone making sure the car was insured. Two minutes later, the manager returned apologizing profusely to Ethan and asked if there was anything he could do to help move things along.

Exactly twenty minutes later, Ethan was in his brand new car and on the highway back to Magnolia.

The drive to Magnolia seemed to take forever, which gave him plenty of time to think.

In his conversation with Howard Ethan had learned a lot. The man had told him how Becky tirelessly worked to get his freedom. That she had never married and had waited for him all that time.

Upon hearing the lawyer's words, Ethan felt the heavy burden of guilt fall upon him. He felt horrible for not having returned responding to her calls, letters and requests to see him. He had meant well, but in hindsight, he could see now that it was the wrong thing to do. 'It's a wonder,' he thought to himself, 'that she didn't give up on me.' Like Ethan, she had lost the last fifteen years of her life.

The difference was, she had done so willingly and he wondered how he would ever live up to her expectations of him. He didn't know, but he did know that he would spend the rest of his life trying, not just because he owed it to her, even though he did; but also, because he still loved her. It was that love for her that had kept him going all those years.

As impatient as he was to be reunited with his love, Ethan found he enjoyed the simple freedom of the drive back to Magnolia. He took end the landscape along the way as he passed field after field covered with the trademark red soil made so by its high iron oxide content.

Along the side of the road almost the whole way from Columbus to Magnolia grew the Kudzu that was so prolific ever since U.S. Soil Conservation Service started promoting it as a forage plant in 1935.

There is still debate to this day where it is a benefit or menace but perhaps the real answer came in 1950. That was the year that the U.S. Department of Agriculture removed Kudzu from its list of acceptable covered crops only to reclassify it as a weed in 1972.

It turns out that the original promoters of the vine underestimated the fact that it grew up and out at an astounding rate of sixty to a hundred feet per season, engulfing and smothering just about every form of plant life in its path. Menace or not, it gave a distinctively rain forest appearance everywhere it grew as it literally covered everything it came in contact with.

As he entered the town limits Ethan realized just how much the small town had changed. There were several new buildings in town and in front of most of them someone had planted a variety of ornamental pear tree called the Bradford Pear.

During the spring, snowy white flowers would appear often before the leaves. But, as beautiful as the tree was the damn thing gave off the most god awful odor when its flowers were in bloom.

As the autumn came, the leaves would turn bright to dark read before falling. It did produce fruit, albeit tiny fruit. About one inch in diameter and round the tiny pears could barely be seen when still on the tree. Had he not been stationed in Korea Ethan would not have know what they were; and he guessed from the size of them that they must have been planted there shortly after he had been sent to prison. While they were very beautiful, the rancid odor was so horrible that Ethan hated them and he thought to himself as he drove through town, 'Great, they've actually found a way to make the place worse!"

It had all happened so quickly that no one had been given enough time to call Becky and tell her that the appeal had been moved up, let alone that it was over and Ethan was a free man. And with everyone so busy at the clinic, no one even noticed the phone ringing when Howard Booth tried to call Becky and tell her what had transpired.

Becky, having long since given up her cell phone so she would have more money to put towards her efforts to free Ethan still did not know her love was free.

By the time Ethan was pulling up in front of the Hospital turned Clinic, it was 5:03 P.M.

Inside, with the exception of Becky, everybody was gone, the doctors having left a half hour before for Atlanta and Cindy had left just fifteen minutes later and the clinic was closed for the week.

Becky had stayed to finish what little cleaning needed to be done after the day's activities when she heard the bell indicating that someone had come in the front door. Realizing that Cindy must have forgotten to lock it on her way out, Becky headed to the front door.

When she walked through the doorway into the lobby, her heart almost stopped and she stood there in shock for several seconds for coming in her direction was Ethan. She almost didn't recognize him he had changed so much in the fifteen years since they had last seen each other.

His black curly hair was a bit thinner now and there were just a few more wrinkles on his brow than she had expected. Even so, he was still as handsome as ever.

They both found themselves rushing into the embrace of each other's arms. They kissed long and passionately as only lovers can for several seconds before hesitantly their lips parted and they just stood there for what seemed like an eternity holding each other tightly.

Becky was the first to speak, "Is it finally over?" She whispered Ethan's ear and continued to hold him to her.

"Yes my love. It's over." He replied.

Showering his neck with kisses, Becky said to him softly, "Will there be another trial? I couldn't bare the thought of loosing you again!"

"No. The court ruled it was self-defense. Howard even got the county to settle so there won't even be a civil trial." Ethan answered; there was a wide grin on his tired face.

Reluctantly, Becky broke her embrace with Ethan, walked over to the door and locked it behind him.

Just then, the service entrance buzzer rang and she turned to him and said, "That probably is a supply delivery. I better get it before we leave; it might be perishable.

He nodded and followed her as she led him through the maze of corridors to the service entrance in the back of the old hospital. As they were approaching the door, the buzzer rang again and she called out, "Hold on, I'm coming!"

When she opened the door she did not find a deliveryman as expected but rather standing there was male and female couple she had never seen before dressed in white lab coats holding pistols aimed in their direction. If that wasn't strange enough, each one wore on the faces a cheap plastic Lone Ranger mask.

"Well, I was beginning to think I was going to have to pick it! Thanks for saving me the trouble." Said the man courteously. Then continued, "Now if you don't might, it's hotter than hell out here." And with that he motioned for them to step back with his pistol.

His companion looked at him and said playfully, "Mr. Black! Where are your manners? Tell this nice young couple what we're here for."

"Oh yes, I'm terribly sorry. Were here to steal Dr. Jennings's electric vibrator collection!" He said casually. Then added questioningly, "It is here isn't it?"

Chapter Thirteen -- "The Criminals"

The man was large and muscular, had curly jet-black hair and possessed a build that indicated that he must spend several hours a day in a gym working out. He wore a badly applied fake black beard and his right hand held the pistol, which he had aimed in the direction of Ethan and Becky. In his left hand was a large canvas tool bag.

His companion was a full figured, stunningly beautiful, very buxom, brunette. She was about five foot eight inches in height and had long wavy hair that flowed at least six inches past her shoulders. She too held in her right hand a pistol and kept it aimed in their direction.

Ethan and Becky stepped back so as to allow the newcomers entry, turned to Becky and asked, "Exactly what kind of clinic is this?"

"Not that kind!" She replied emphatically. She seemed a little offended by his question.

Quickly he tried to apologize, "I wasn't implying anything honey. I just want to know what they are talking about?"

"I swear I have no idea." Becky turned to the two robbers and asked, "Well, what are you talking about?"

The female bandit studied Becky and Ethan a second and then said, "Dr. Jennings's Rare Antique Electric Vibrator Collection, you do know where it is, don't you?"

"This is the first I've heard of it. You sure you've got the right place? I can't image Dr. Jennings anything like that here, especially with Dr. Mercer around." Becky replied.

Surprising Becky with her words, the buxom robber said, "There's a lot you don't know about the good doctors." Then, she turned to her companion and said, "Mr. Black, would you please go make sure nobody else is here? And make sure the front door is locked while you're at it."

"Back it a few Ms. White." The large man said as he cautiously walked passed her, and then Ethan and Becky."

He was out of sight when Ms. White said to Becky, "I take it Dr. Mercer never told you about her erotic coin collection either? And yes, we have the right place. What about you lover boy?"

"I just got here less than ten minutes ago. The only reason Becky's here was because she was helping me and I don't know squat! But if Becky says she doesn't know anything about it, you can believe her." He replied.

Obviously concerned, the female robber said to Ethan, "Are you a patient? Has she finished with you?" And without waiting for an answer she turned to Becky and asked, "He doesn't need to go to the hospital does he?"

"No, he's fine. It wasn't anything medically related. Something personal." Becky answered.

Pointing to the file in Ethan's hand, the female robber said, "Then what's that he's holding? Let me see it."

Ethan handed it to her and she opened it and started flipping through it. Her eyebrows shot up instantly. She looked up at Ethan and said, "Let me get this right. You've been in prison for fifteen years for a murder you didn't comment and just got out today?" There was a tone of disbelief in her voice.

He just nodded to her.

Still in disbelief, she said, "What took them so long to figure out you were innocent?"

"The knife that proved self-defense went missing and didn't show up until recently. That, plus two of the state's witnesses came forward and recanted their testimony. They finally admitted that they had been intimidated into committing perjury." Becky knew Ethan didn't want to talk about it, so she answered for him.

Ms. White digested what Becky had said for a second, and then looked at Ethan, "And why exactly are you here?"

"I love her." He replied.

Just then they heard footsteps coming in their direction from down the hall.

He came stopped just behind Ethan and Becky and said, "All the doors are locked, but there's a problem. This place seems to have a lot more rooms in it than we thought. There's an entire section that appears to be blocked off." Then he said to their two captives, "You sure you don't know where the good doctor's put his collection?"

The couple both shook their heads indicating that they did not.

Frustrated, the robber said, "Well then, since neither of you seem to know anything about Dr. Jennings's collection, perhaps one of you can tell me how many rooms we are going to have to search, including closets, that is?"

"About sixty." Becky said, after she stood there counting to her self for a few seconds.

With a tone of sincerity, Ms. White said to them, "I want you to know that as long as you both do exactly what we ask, neither of you will be harmed. You might be embarrassed; but you won't be harmed. Do you understand me?"

Ethan and Becky nodded affirmatively.

Seemingly please, she said to Ethan, "Good. You do understand that we can't have you two running around while we're searching the place don't you?"

"I figured as much." He replied.

Smiling, the female bandit said, "Then let's go find some place comfortable for you two to stay while we do what we have to, shall we?"

Chapter Fourteen -- "The Lovers"

Ms. White opened several rooms before she found one she seemed happy with. When she did, she said, "All right, this room will do fine. Bring them in here."

Mr. Black motioned towards the room with his pistol. Ethan and Becky walked into the room to be followed by the two criminals. Inside, it looked just like any of the other unused hospital rooms. It contained a motorized adjustable hospital bed and with mattress. The mattress had a rubber bedcover on it to protect it from stains and the lack of dust indicated that it had been recently cleaned. Becky recognized it as one of the rooms they kept prepared for patient use.

Ms. White turned to Mr. Black and said, "Mr. Black, go to the room two doors down and get me some of those restraints they used to use to restrain violent patients."

The clanking sound of metal on metal came as the male robber sat the large canvas bag he had been carrying heavily down onto the floor and then exited the room.

In his hand he had at two pairs of padded leather wrist restraints, two pairs of leather padded ankle restraints and one large padded strap. Each of the limb restraints was designed so that one end could be attached a bed and the strap was about six feet long and was designed so that both ends could be attached to a bed. He let them fall to the floor next to the canvas bag and stood there patiently waiting.

Turning to her captives she said, "Let's not waste any more time, shall we? Strip! All the way! Both of you!"

Becky did not know how much Ethan had changed after the killing, and so concerned that he might still try something; Becky immediately began taking off her blouse as quickly as she could. In seconds it fell to the floor. Next, she quickly unbuckled the belt on her skirt, unfastened the snap, pulled down the zipper and let her skirt fall to the floor; then stepped out of her skirt and kicked off her shoes.

Clad only in her white lace bra and panties and flesh colored stockings, Becky showed no signs of hesitation as she unfastened her bra freeing her ample breasts. After she threw the bra to the floor, she grabbed the waistband of her panties with both hands and swiftly slid them down her legs and off her legs. Once off, she tossed them on top of her skirt. When she looked back up at everyone, she discovered that the speed with which she undressed had left everyone, including the two robbers openmouthed and speechless just staring at her in shock.

"That's gotta be a record!" Came the voice of Mr. Black breaking the still silence of the room. Next he said to Ethan whimsically, "Okay buddy, see if you can beat her record!"

But Ethan just stood there in silence staring at the nearly nude body of Becky clad only in stockings, too stunned to move.

After a few seconds, Mr. Black said impatiently, "Christ buddy, you act like you never seen her naked before. I thought she was supposed to be your girlfriend. Snap out of it and get undressed!"

"He hasn't." Becky said.

It was then that Ms. White spoke up, "Well, as romantic as this reunion is, we're on a tight schedule here and it's going to be a long drive back to where we have to go. There will be plenty of time for you two lovebirds to get reacquainted later so get on with it!" Then she added insistently, "Please!"

With a look of embarrassment on his face, Ethan began to slowly unbutton his shirt. He just couldn't seem to take his eyes off Becky. While she wasn't what one could call a beautify woman, even at thirty-nine, she was still very attractive. She had a full figure with almost firm breast that showed only the slightest bit of sag and somewhat larger than normal areolas. The rest of her body, arms, legs, torso and buttocks, was neither muscular nor flabby. She was simply an attractive, middle-aged full figured woman.

1...345678