All Comments on 'Melanie Ch. 05'

by Scotsman69

Sort by:
  • 16 Comments
lisaelisaeover 15 years ago
As always

You do this with such love, Scotsman, I do love the combination of real romantic love and eroticism. Are they going to tell poor George, though? I wonder if they should ... perhaps if she really loves him (George) she should shoulder her guilt alone and not seek his absolution just to make herself feel better. Your writing has improved so much over the course of the five chapters. All the best with your next storyline! Lisae

SweetLittleLiarSweetLittleLiarover 15 years ago
Beautiful

The way this chapter reveals the depth of the relationship between these characters is amazing. It is tender and sweetly romantic, as well as hot, passionate erotica. The ending makes it seem as if the characters leave each other and simply stop existing; I would have preferred a few brief sentences letting readers see the heartbreak we know they felt. You write beautifully, Scotsman. I hope to see more.

sweetfeet09sweetfeet09over 15 years ago
A delicate touch

You’ve layered vulnerability, reality and eroticism in a complex relationship that has kept me riveted all the way through. What a tour de force this is! It’s easily the best romantic read on this site, for me at least. I loved the ending, in which you treat us as intelligent imaginative readers who know that life is not a series of happy endings, but a matter of making the most of such serendipity. I loved the variety and increasing intimacy of their developing sexuality reflecting their deepening relationship. Beautifully written. Oh that it were real!

Incognito23Incognito23over 15 years ago
Well worth the wait

This chapter delivered the goods. The build up to the final scene at the railway was spot on. You switched tempos skillfully from that poignant conversation to the exciting sex scenes. I loved the way you provided a continuous understated erotic backdrop using the collar as a theme. The dialogue between Sandy and Melanie felt real. I reread the pissing scene 3 times. OMG you have created such emotional memories for both. All the best and thank you.

Sassylassy23Sassylassy23over 15 years ago
I can't believe this came so quick!

Now it's finished :( sob. I wish you hadn't finished it there. Surely there is a sequel. What about the three months in between Paris and Glasgow? What happens when she meets him in Glasgow? How could she leave George? OMG! You CAN'T possibly end it there! There got to be at least 3 more chapters! PLEASE????

GlasgowgirlGlasgowgirlover 15 years ago
Insightful

Scotsman, biased I may be, but I have to say that your writing is so accomplished that it seems that you can turn your hand to almost any challenge. I like the way that you have pared away all the excess so that now you have reached a point of focus in your writing that is deceptively simple yet intense. This chapter has many touch-points, none of which is superior to any other, apart from the pissing incident – and that, only because it is unique in its delicacy and innocence. It is a tribute to your skill that Melanie and Sandy’s love is most lucidly understood in that scene – the high point of the series, for me. Unforgettable! Well done, and thank you. SG-A

viavaiviavaiover 15 years ago
OMG

Scotsman, you are such an awesome writer! I have been waiting for this chapter and it was absolutely positively worth the wait. I have read many stories on this site and you are by far the best writer I have come across. Keep up the good work. Surely you will be working on new projects so please don't keep us waiting long. Oh and did I tell you that you are the best? Take care and write more stories soon!

steamingchocolatesteamingchocolateover 15 years ago
You made me cry

I am new to this site, and your Melanie series is one of the first I have had the pleasure to read. Obviously people come here to read about sex and as per the actual act of engaging in sex, there are different ways to write about it. That said, I really like your way of writing about sex. You keep it real but still allow the fairy tale to creep in. Melanie is so sweet yet edged with a sadness that echoes real life. I like the anticipation, and well, you definitely keep your readers guessing! But I at least, would not have it any other way. I loved the tentative ending. It’s perfect for this story.

gregarious96gregarious96over 15 years ago
Beautifully written

I'm very sad it's over though. I will miss them. I've said it, others have said it, you must know it: you are so talented with stringing words together. You wrote beautifully and I'm soooo glad Melanie gets to meet up with him again. Please write more when you have a chance. I and your many other devotees will be waiting! As always thank you for writing. X

ejlsejlsabout 15 years ago
Once again, thank you.

We asked, and you delivered. A good writer takes from what he knows and brings the reader into his world. The depth you took these two characters, their acts of intimacy, shows us the real love they felt for each other. I love reading your work, without quotes. I am always drawn to your ability to describe every nuance. Please don't make us wait for the Glasgow experience. It will be interesting to see where you take Sandy, Melanie, and George. I was deeply moved. Thank you for another memorable experience.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
you took me on an amazing journey

I never thought I would ever be in to a pissing scene..you wrote that so sensitively.. I was so moved by this story please please one more..they have to meet again,,

wantsomefun1951wantsomefun1951almost 15 years ago
Incredible!

Now that I've read the entire series (twice), I am left both empty and more full than I've ever been. How wonderful it would be to experience such intense love! How unspeakably sad it would be to have it end! Your skill at evoking emotion in a reader is almost hypnotic, and the screaming eroticism of your story leaves me drained. Now, more than ever, I must devour the rest of the stories you've shared with us on this site. Your words are a drug -- removing pain, but leaving the reader with a soul-deep hunger for more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
No words

can describe the delicious sexiness of this romance. It was a personal pleasure from beginning to end.

PennLadyPennLadyover 14 years ago
Sweet

Intense and sad at the same time. A bit bittersweet, but lovely nonetheless.

Sassylassy23Sassylassy23over 13 years ago
One more time...

I think I've read this series about twelve times now...and considering how strong my retentive skills are, that's saying something. I don't have the luxury of returning to a story and thinking, oh what was this one about again??? So I basically reread this like a great classic that you just have to revisit because it moves you so strongly. I wish I could have experienced something like this myself, but you let me have the next best thing. (After writing, reading is my THIRD favorite thing in life.)
Thanks for the voyeuristic pleasure-it's always, first time or twelfth-a great ride!

SwiverGuySwiverGuyover 13 years ago
Your story is so perfect and beautiful

it fills me with hope and despair. Hope that I can one day write something half as good, despair I never will. It soars far above anything else I've read on Lit, and comes close to matching the best I've read anywhere.

While a good stroke story is a snack for my body, your stories are a feast for my heart and mind (I'm an atheist, so I don't have a soul, otherwise they would feed that too). Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous