All Comments on 'Memories'

by jake60

Sort by:
  • 183 Comments (Page 2)
Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 9 years ago
This is the best line

"I could never do that, I'm afraid. I spent all these months working to get away from my feelings for her, and I can't take the chance that she could turn around and do this all to me again. She chose Trey's wealth and social standing over me, and I could never give her the opportunity to do that to me a second time. It was something in her nature that allowed her to do that, and I can't believe that a blow on the head would change that feature of her personality. Even if I could believe it's possible I simply won't take the chance."

The whole story she was feeding her friend was clearly BS. She didn't want to leave her hubby? She was close to ending the affair? The was she calls him up when her hubby confronts her indicates that her move was premeditated.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Gave it a 5 Dear annony your wife said

she lived In constant agony when she was with you! but now she is happy and you are still an asshole

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketalmost 9 years ago
Alas what tragedies we make of our lives

Actuall this is a very sad but well written story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Why didn't he go after his wife's company

Get a big settlement and get them both fired.

Our hero is a softy, but by luck he got 1/2 mill from his lowing wife.

tazz317tazz317over 8 years ago
WHEN YOU GET HURT

your 1st reaction should be to strike back. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Now this was a great "Loving Wives" story!

Love, betrayal, adultery, left alone without any excuses. Hurt and pain, emergence from self doubt and pain. Redemption with an old girlfriend, and then, a gift from a loving wife making him and his family's future bright. What more could you want? No willing cuckold here, and no wife prolonging his humiliation.

Ib_SaysIb_Saysabout 8 years ago

Good for him, just because she lost her memories doesn't mean he lost his, going back to her would just mean that he could look forward to another affair in a few years, I'm glad to see, this author isn't letting him hold on to the idiot ball.

Though this guy isn't exactly the sharpest tool in the shed, after all he didn't even consider amnesia as an option regarding Keri.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Kevin was a real Simpleton

It doesnt take a brain surgeon to know that head trauma many times causes amnesia and you dont just go waltzing into a hosptial room with that the case without coaching on how to handle the issue. du And yes he knew just from the paper.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 8 years ago
Second time through...

Still love it. Still five stars. Still a favorite. This is such an engaging storyline. From cold hearted to heart broken. I could feel it.

NoBullAlNoBullAlabout 8 years ago
Excellent Story

Well thought out and told well. Kevin definitely is not the brightest bulb but for the most part, even as he stumbles along, he mostly manages to do the best thing for himself while even taking a little time out to try to help his ex. Just an all round good guy who manages to pull himself back up after a cheating bitch shits all over him!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Keri Awakes in the Twilight Zone

Can you imagine? At that point you had to wonder if she could survive. Its enough to weep for her in the end. Tragic.

JimC

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Excellent and Moving Story

Well written story much better than anything written by HIV. Oh that's right Harry hasn't written any stories, he is just an assnine bumbling critic!

As for the other idiot anonymouses who appeared not to have properly understood this story, no one should feel any empathy towards Kerri. She was a conniving bitch who was only looking after number one, herself! Who cares if she forgot, that mentality was still ingrained in her.

LalawmanLalawmanalmost 8 years ago
Read it three times through

Emotionally a rollercoaster with a touch of hell for each main character. A truly great story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Skimming through

Many comments on greatness of story. Readers satisfied with results of accident and suicide. I don't agree. The consequences are the result of happenstance, not from the cheated husband. Continuation of current idea that spouses who trash their vows elude vengeance by injured parties. Too bad. Otherwise nice work

PEATBOGPEATBOGabout 7 years ago
A well written tale.

A twisted story of two people who were torn apart by her weaknesses. Her terrible accident came too late to be of help since she had burned her bridges and he had moved on. Our sympathies are with him only him.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
A really touching story

I read this story some time ago at work (yeah, don't trell you don't do that in a slow day) and I forgot to remember the name of the writer. The story get stuck in my mind and I was looking for it for months till I found it. That's how powerful this story is.

A very sad tale, with a great twist that feels real. Well done. Magnificent job.

widowedidiotwidowedidiotabout 7 years ago
Cheaters?

The only part of this story that stuck to my mind was when Robert told him that Keri had told his wife that her lover couldn´t hold a candle to Kevin in the lovemaking department. If that were the case. Why would she cheat? For a purse? Didn´t make sense to me. For the most part I loved the story. Very tragic for the parents. But typical of all the stories I´ve read on this subject. The injured party finds that after his divorce he suddenly find out how many women are falling all over each other to date him. And he ends up rich.

KakimiKakimialmost 7 years ago

Great work. Very complete.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Outstanding 5*

Well done, sir!

LoejtcLoejtcover 6 years ago
A Real Man

The author portrayed Kevin as Compassionate but firm individual. He was cruelly betrayed and discarded. He grieved but had the strength of character to move on rather than wallow in self pity. He was fortunate that Carol was available because she connected him to a happier time in in his life and helped him heal. But most impressive was his resistance to Keri’s plight because he recognized it as her own making. He could have been caught up in confusing love with sympathy when he learned of. Keri’s condition. But he was mature enough to see there was no future with her. He had to make his own future without her. Great Theme. Need more of it in the LV genre. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
A pretty sad story, this

I'm sorry, I enjoyed the story as a whole, but I found Kevin an unlikable protagonist. He seemed not so much unable, as unwilling, to accept and acknowledge that

Keri had been mentally 'reset' by her accident. Keri's behavior clearly showed that the pre-accident Keri and the post-accident Keri are two different personalities, but Kevin seemed intent on holding the post-accident Keri responsible for what the pre-accident Keri did. While it was fair that he had moved on and could not get back together with her again, his disinterest in participating in her healing process contributed to her tragic depression and suicide.

Kevin was stubborn to say that for him there was and would only be 'one Keri.' I disliked Kevin's refusal to recognize that the Keri who divorced him had actually died in the accident, and that the Keri who survived the accident was a different woman - the woman who was in love with him. It was never about giving Keri a second chance; it was about Kevin's bitterness driving him to unfairly punish the wrong person for the adultery and cruelty committed by another person - another person who was already gone, already dead.

Just my 2 cents worth.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Nice Story

I would have enjoyed seeing Kevin get a little up-close and personal payback on good old “Trey”, but I will admit that Trey pretty much got what he had coming. I’m kind of ambivalent about Keri taking her own life. But maybe the brain damage she received somehow instilled a conscience in her. I will say, this was a very well written story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
she played with fire

I mean, MAYBE she was being blackmailed, but i doubt it.

She was testing the waters. She made it very clear that it was about money. My theory is she loved her husband as a lover, but really enjoyed free stuff and status from her seducer. But she cut all ties to her husband like a cold dead fish when she knew the jig was up. No sense begging, pleading, or lying more.

He did more than enough in dealing with her after her accident. It was more than she deserved. I think her brain injury was cruel, but it did place her in her husband's shoes. She got to watch helplessly as her love left to go be with another. She got to feel a little bit of his pain, and that was unique. Like the husband says, " i feel compassion for her....but just normal human compassion"

If injury got you a free pass, the trauma ward would be overflowing with people regretting their life choices. lol

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
2* Wimpy Cuck Husband

I call B.S. I have been quite a few mechanics and they tend to a rough coarse bunch. There is no way that Trey would have escaped a beatdown from a real mechanic hubby or a visit from his buddies. Hubby also would have yelled at the tramp wife calling her Slut, Whore, Bitch, etc. You need to write about something you know about, especially since you've never been in fight before.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Terrible story

Just terrible no redeeming qualities

dark2donut2dark2donut2over 5 years ago
Awesome BUT

the ending was quite a bit melodramatic for my taste.

These idiots complaining about "cuck this or that" are just idiots thinking highly of their own macho delusions.

JbRobertssonJbRobertssonover 5 years ago
What an excellent story...

Very well written. Your writing allowed me to actually feel a bit sorry for her at the end, but actions have consequences, even if you can't remember doing it. She treated Kevin so coldly that, while perhaps able to forgive, he could never put himself in a position where she could hurt him like that again.

I also appreciated his theory about Keri's trustworthiness after the accident; that somewhere within her, there resides a dark stain in her character, perhaps something lacking in her moral constitution, something, though, that gives her permission to treat others in such a vicious fashion when it may be to her benefit.

It's doubtful that her accident corrected that flaw because it's part of her constitution, and one simply cannot trust that type of person. It's a part of what makes Keri... Keri.

Well done. Thanks for posting.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

I thought this was a great story. The only thing I can think of that Kevin should maybe have done differently, would have been to ask (or tell) his ex-in-laws to stay away from him. It got really obvious, really fast, that the only reason they needed him was to help their daughter, his ex, the cheating bitch who royally screwed him over. He owed them nothing and he owed her less than nothing. He should have told them so. All that said, fiction aside, I thought the story was very well written, it had a nice flow to it, and I thought the ending was great. Except for one thing: Kevin should have given the half million dollars to her parents. It was dirty money. Still tho, 5 stars.

GillotineGillotineabout 5 years ago
What uneducated and idiotic readers we are

" all the mechanics I know are big burly dudes." (close enough, not a direct quote.) So, what you are saying is they fall under the same stereotype of your biased opinion. You are an idiot. Go back to your box of crayons & leave the reading to those capable of comprehending the story. Regardless of size or nature, any man knows that:

A: it's a lawyers office, you are not going to walk away unscathed. You might get a few punches in, but in the end you end up shedding the most blood

B: tasers are tasers, 160lbs or 300lbs, doesn't matter, electricity gon' flow through you

C: in the end, money & greed don't mean shit (move on)

D: before totally giving away your position, at least torch the dude's condo or car

End of rant

Great story! 5*

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 5 years ago
That was a remarkably good story! 5*****

I often read the BTB stories and wonder if revenge brings any happiness. Here, he found happiness by putting a just life back together and she lost happiness by all the behavior that cost her her marriage. Living well really is the best revenge, especially if you accept it as a blessing rather than revenge.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
2* Reallly? More Cuckiness

So cuckywimp husband doesnt file lawsuits and send emails to everyone st wife's work and friends and relatives. That mechanic should have kicked Knoxy boys a**. I know of a few mechanics that are drinkers and fighters. Paging Matt Moreau!!! Hey Gillotine the wimp cuck, it figures that you like cuck stories. Btw, it is spelled Guillotine, you dumb a**.

PowersworderPowersworderabout 5 years ago
Re: cheaters

"If that were the case. Why would she cheat?"

Keri said it herself... Trey lived a first class lifestyle and that was what she wanted. He bought her with diamonds, designer handbags, and 5* hotels. She loved Kevin; he was a better lover, and a much better man... but Keri was a mercenary whore looking for an upgrade.

A comment below blamed her death on the husband, for not helping her with the recovery. Fuck that! After the ice cold way she dumped him and then stole his money in the divorce, I'm surprised he didn't laugh at the deceitful slut now she was getting some karmic payback... but I guess he got $500k for rising above that.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Good story

Just seems to me another plot devise to allow a woman to be unaccountable for her actions. It was a well written, just not crazy about the allowance and lack of accountability. How could someone show such contempt and lack of respect, it was cold the way she treated him. That was part of her personality, also the starter husband part, wow. Thinking and acting this way, tells more about a persons character, then just some memories. Shows morals, and cruelity, that is deeply embeded in ones make up.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Please

I like writers that are committed to their stories. If a writer is writing to please everybody they are missing the most important reader THEMSELVES.

This story appears to suck up to everyone and nobody likes a suckup.

jtwheelsjtwheelsover 4 years ago
Huh kind of wimp she got punished but he?

As another comment don't let snake to destroy someone else

Suit emails etc to everyone in his firm and everyone else think up

See a poisonous snake you take responsibility for removal

Don't leave it to hurt another

NonSequitourNonSequitourover 4 years ago
Great story

Lots of critics on LitRot decry BTB because "hatred corrodes your soul" or similar shit. Kevin simply moved on with his life and tried not to dwell on the past. He felt no joy or pain when he heard about Keri's injuries. Fate put the burn on her.

I felt sorry for Keri. My 90 YO stepfather died 2 months ago in assisted living. Alzheimer's took his appetite as well as his memories. I hated to see him cry almost every day because of things he couldn't remember.

That said; my hackles went up when Keri asked for a date (noooooooooo!). Then I thought of a kinda sick joke. What's worse than a cheating slut? A brain damaged cheating slut that never learns from her sins/mistakes because she can't REMEMBER them.

lujon2019lujon2019about 4 years ago

So she was fucking her lawyer/boss and he never thought to sue her workplace and file an ethics complaint with the bar

lee5456lee5456almost 4 years ago
Wow! What a good story

This was a truly good story but also very sad

PartlyPartlyover 3 years ago
A conundrum

The writer poses an interesting question. What could or should Kevin do? For me this raised the story up a notch. And what makes it better is there is no one right answer. Again, for me to put myself in Kevin’s shoes I don’t know what I would do. Which makes this a fun and very sad story no matter what. Thank You

Xzy89c1Xzy89c1over 3 years ago
Brother and his wife

His sister and his wife were involved in or planning affairs. Why would he stay close to his sister? How would he ever trust his wife? He should have bailed.

widowedidiotwidowedidiotover 3 years ago
What???

The one thing I always say is to make your story belivable. This was the worst so far. Then as if the story wasn´t bad enough, they had to kill the wife and her lover. Why didn´t he sue the attorney and the law firm? I guess for the same reason. The author couldn´t make heads of what he was writing.

secretsalsecretsalover 3 years ago

Great story. Sets up two 'grass is greener' situations. First, Keri had Kevin, but not the fancy lifestyle she wanted, so she decided to leave him for it. After her accident, she still has the lifestyle, but not Kevin, so she decides life isn't worth living without him. Like he said, if he'd got back with her, she'd probably have left him again down the line for some new shiny thing.

RanDog025RanDog025over 3 years ago
Sad story but 5 stars

I lost a friend years ago to drugs. I still feel to this day had I married her she'd still be alive! I could just see Satan whispering in her ear, "Just take your life and all the pain will go away!" Very sad. Excellent story!!!

JonDoe315JonDoe315over 3 years ago

not going to lie, i wish she didnt kill herself so she couldve suffered more while living with what she did.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
No Morals Clause?

There wasn't any morals clause or any prohibitions on superiors consorting with their juniors at the law firm?

Why didn't Kevin try to fight back, to get his pound of flesh?

4 stars as the ending was still satisfying, a bit bittersweet, but satisfying nonetheless.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

First of all suing any company for a "morals clause", when you are not a direct party is wishful thinking, but since the majority of you swear you would go Rambo....enough said. I thought the story was well written but the use of both a death and a suicide as closure is lazy writing to me.

MightyheartMightyheartalmost 3 years ago

Dark but good story.

No Wimps, No whores

Greed, Infidelity, Regret,

Memories.........

Well written

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Absolutely fascinating story. Thanks for sharing!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A well written and rivetting story. Thr only dislike to the story was killing Keri off in the end. Yes, she caused pain to many, i feel rhat ot was a bit over the top for me. ****

secretsalsecretsalover 2 years ago

Actually felt bad for New Keri there, suffering for the sins of old Keri. Must have been one hell of a mindfuck. Would have been better for her to have died in the crash instead of just suffering afterwards and then killing herself. But I guess the story wouldn't have had the twist, then.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I guess what bothers me about this story is that at the time Kevin found out about the adultery he had no friends, no relatives, no coworkers that he could talk to or go to for help... except for beer, did he have no one to rely upon for help?... it seems he allowed his total and complete dependence be on his wife and that is how she succeeded in scamming him... will he do that with his new wife?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Ugh this was an unsatisfactory read. First if all, why didn't he sue her company fir contributing to the affair. Avoiding a political story would have caused them to settle out of court. I realize the premise was to focus on her memory loss, but it just didn't come off well. I'm also not a fan of karma in the form of death. Payback should involve some form of long suffering on the part of Trey.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Great story. Sad! Well-written. Thank you for the tale.

Ed

SexecutionerSexecutionerabout 2 years ago

Well, at least the cheating cunt did the right thing by offing herself....

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

How sad!

If she had been left a fully conscious Paraplegic she wouldn’t have been able to escape by taking pills!

No sympathy for Adulterous bitch!

Yes I am vengeful.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

True to form... V Good stories. Last paragraph screws the pooch. I WANT to keep reading your stories, but it's like any great experience that you *know* will be a total kill-buzz at the end. Never seen anything like this or so 100% consistent in prior years of reading. Quite odd. Quite odd. Were it an odd psychological intent, it could be performed no better. It scuttles the ship every time, and always at the very last second... like some very strange "Hollywood formula" show, meant solely to do this.

Consider any one of a thousand comparably GREAT LW stories... Now, append every one with, "He went to get a glass of warm milk," right out of nowhere.

It's actually freaky that this can even be accomplished with such perfect consistence. 007's every movie ending with an unexpected hangnail... or the beginnings of an unexpected outbreak of psoriasis... or noticing a minor run in a stocking, were he, a she.

I've had A Hitchcock's "Birds" thrust into my mind... No idea why. But you have murdered your great 4.5-4.8 stories, thus far.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I don't understand why he didn't sue Bradley and his company for marital interference. Plus, Brad and/or his ex could have been fired.

miket0422miket0422over 1 year ago

The portrayal of Keri at the beginning of the story was almost a charicature of real woman.

Oops, you found out about my affair. Here, let me call my lover and tell him I'm moving in. Packs a bag and walks out the door without looking back or saying another word.

At the very least the author could have had the doctors find a tumor when they did brain surgery after the accident. That could have somewhat explained the apparent difference in new Keri and old Keri's personalities.

EdgeOfSundownEdgeOfSundownover 1 year ago

At least he didn't go running back to her like so many of the limp dick cuckyboy writers would have done in the outcome. My only complaint is he acted too nice to her after hearing of the accident. Should developed the "wouldn't piss on her if she was on fire" philosophy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I not only liked but loved the story.

I found, Kevin was a man enough to raise his voice against them and the way he got over the past is very sensual.

At last, Keri got what she deserved though she could find someone else to go on with her life.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Some people!?! Vengeful, hateful, uncaring. Keep the nasty comments to yourself, please. Excellent story with just a bit over the top “deus ex machina.” Both Kevin and Keri could have been more likeable. Most people would try to make up, not just walk out the door. I don’t know if that would make a better story, but it’s reality. Brain damage is very real. Just read one of Oliver Sach’s books. I guess I wanted more character development on Keri. Why did she need to leave Kevin? What was really going through her head? Well written an enjoyable to read. Keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

You write well and its a good story, but I have been/am a puzzled with you "and other authors" why you insist on making the MCs' seem stupid enough not to believe what they see or hear. At least you did not make him dumb enough so you could have him take her back..That would have ruined a good tale. You did leave holes in it,the most obvious was not suing her place of employment for management misconduct or at least trying to.Never mind the others as its just nit picking.... I enjoyed the story... 4 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Second time through this story (after a reader’s comment on a recent memory loss story from NTH). It remains an enjoyable tale, with an interesting MC. I feel sorry for all the vengeful people’s comments regarding Keri. But maybe karma is real…and a lack of compassion may have its own consequences.

Moonbat74Moonbat74over 1 year ago

Thanks, an enjoyable but sad tale.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Really? His "old Keri" returned, and Kevin just tossed her aside? Ridiculous.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Well, he wasn't going to take another go with "old Keri" waiting for her to turn into a deceiful grasping bitch a second time around. Wise choice IMHO.

oldtwitoldtwitabout 1 year ago

I really liked this, different from a lot on here nicely done plot line, good character descriptions, with a believable response from a normal person who hasn’t got loads of money to get his own back, no silly spying or things like that.

maxwedgemaxwedgeabout 1 year ago

Good story. When her parents asked him to visit her at the hospital I would have said “ no sorry i have a restraining order against me can’t come with in 100 yards of her” then they would have seen a little more of the way he was treated. Just me.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Dear anon below who said the following:

“ Really? His "old Keri" returned, and Kevin just tossed her aside? Ridiculous.”

Thanks for confirming you’re a cheater with no morals!

Quite frankly I hope Keri got all her memories back and realised how much of a shitty human being she was before she died

AllNigherAllNigher11 months ago

Good read. I like how different it is from other stories. Floor those of you saying he should have sued... Most stories on this site have the wronged male character either wealthy or knowing all the right people .... Lawyers, judges, discussion forces. Please suites cost money unless you have a strong enough case for it to be taken on contingency it you get lucky and have it done probono. Hard to believe anyone would take t inhis case on contingency....

His logic is valid at the end... It wasn't two different people he married and betrayed him. If was the same one and her always be wondering when it would happen again. She just want who he thought she was originally.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

You are wordy.

Xzy89c1Xzy89c18 months ago

Idiotmbrother in ,aw should have divorced wife immediately. She supports cheating. What else do you need to know about someone? She will cheat. MC owed nothing to in laws or Keri. All of them are low class. Keri is cheating slut with or without the injury. Every time she apologized he should have replied don't say your sorry that is who you are. A cheating liar. Own wh younare.

Alvares1414Alvares14147 months ago

Honestly, good riddance to Keri. Whether she lived or died, it honestly didn't matter, so long as she was out of his life for good. Amnesia or not, after everything she put Kevin through, he'd probably have been better off single for the rest of his life than give her a chance to ruin his again. Luckily, he found Carol

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Your stories, although interesting, are too long with a lot of unnecessary details. You really should have someone editing or reread them your self. If it's not directly related to the subject , then remove it.

Keep writing, you'll get there!

nixroxnixrox7 months ago

4 stars - for a decent story that held my attention to the last word.

I hope the next one I read is as well written

Have a nice day.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Wow. Keri was a rwla bitch. But then with her amnesia that really changes the dynamic. Would male it better complicated in real life. Her memories and personality are from a time well before her cheating became so rampant. The personality that derided her husband and insulted him with Bradley and in her emails is gone and dead. Quite a hot mess. Can see how that woukd really screw her up as her ex hsuband moved on with someone else. Harsh. My wife had total amnesia (never recovered when she was 19, about 4 years before we met). It really is hard on a person. And to then remember your spouse and the happy times and then be told about all your subsequent betrayal of the marriage, that would be a bitter pill to swallow. NoTalentHack had a really good version of an amnesia story. Tough subject matter.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

I like the added detail in these stories. It adds dimension to both the characters and the setting.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I'm glad she offed herself, amnesia or not, everything that happened was her fault

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

KMN! I hate resolutions where the cheaters die. They should have lived long lives filled with regret and Trey should also have experienced some pain.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

MC was more than a bit of a wimp. I don’t care for stories about wimps…reminds me too much of myself.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Wow. Tough situation. Keri had morphed into a major bitch. But then lost all memory and hubby had found Carol. She is overwhelmed with guilt and neurological problems and kills herself. Reading those emails must have crushed. Maybe the old Keri remembered enough of what the new bitch Keri did to her ex husband that she couldn't process it. Very sad. At least no children involved.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Like most "writers" on this site, OP writes the same story with the same male character every single time. I can honestly understand why the wives cheat on these weak-kneed, whiny man-children who respond to crises by getting drunk, becoming weepy, and sinking into a major pity party. When this idiot called back and she wasn't there, why didn't he call Trey's room? At least ruin their trip. Then, inform the firm's "management" whom they'd expressed in emails about their finding out. No, MC circles the drain, turns into a bigger pus*y than he already is, and finally decides. The dodo is extinct because it was too stupid to respond to an enemy in a timely manner. Also, NO law firm can suborn their client taking all the marital funds in exchange for assets unless both parties mutually agree to it. Then, the pus*y didn't even find an attorney but tacitly accepted the financial dictate. If the pus*y were as decisive about his actions as was at grabbing a bottle of beer, he would probably be the president of a Fortune 500 company. Then, there's the whole "amnesia" thing, which isn't unusual for head injury patients, except in over 99% of those cases, the amnesia is confined to events just before the accident and the accident itself. Were she in this state, access to her room would've been strictly controlled for this exact reason. Dumb, lazy writing... made it through the top of page 5.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous