All Comments on 'Memories'

by jake60

Sort by:
  • 183 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
A thought provoking story.

It was really a very good story. I am troubled by some of the actions tho. The real question I guess is what does a former lover or spouse owe to a lost or divorced spouse? I do believe he was right in the actions displayed about the exwife wanting him and the inlaws trying to bring him back to the daughter. His comment on it being part of a personality disorder is more than likely very true, and brings to mind the old, once a cheater always a cheater line. The part I really felt that was washed over to quickly was the brother in law hearing his wife and ex talking saying things about starter husbands. From what was implied it came as a thought out plan by both women for their lives. Seems the brother in laws wife was only cured of her mentality on it by the wreck the ex made of her life. She was a cold brutal woman who cared little for anyone's feelings and no one should have cared much for hers. Another problem came up when it was said by the brother in law she was planning to end the affair but he found out. That wasnt borne out by her calling on the cell saying he found out and immediately began to pack to move to her new owners home. It does make one wonder about such stories, one including a British princesses life. It doesnt say but I found it surprising, that the ex never married the SOB that used her as a whore. When you work for someone and they give you expensive gifts for sex you are a whore, or more properly a prostitute. Will admit the hero of the story was stronger than I, I would have had all of her stuff in trash bags waiting on her when she walked in.

bruce22bruce22about 16 years ago
Good Read

Quite interesting. The question of the basic personality flaw

in Keri and whether Robert should trust Susan hang in the air.

<p> Finding an old non-traumatic relationship certainly helped bring our hero back into the everyday world. Normally I would expect him to suffer from attacks of insecurity about

ever marrying again, but I guess he also fell in love with

Chrissy!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
A very good story

I felt Kevin's emotions and also Keri's. It was a good read and had good characters and throughout. Thanks for your time and the words.

cageyteecageyteeabout 16 years ago
A very enjoyable read !!!!

Although it is becoming more and more rare, it's great to see a significant variation in the theme of an LW story. This was well thought out, well written and I found that as I was reading it, I had no idea where it was going. I like that a lot!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
The truth about broken relationship

When a spouse decide to walk out of a marriage, there is nothing the other spouse can do. The normal divorce proceeding often ended with one party losing more than he/she deserved. Often there is no recourse, other than hoping that a devine power could do something to ease the pain and hurt. Though you may get over the pain but as long as the other party live happily with the new partner, there is no closure. Unless of course, you find your happiness.

This is realty and the author presented this magnificiently.This is the truth when relationship breaks. Salute to this fine presentation by the author. Wonderful.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
enjoyable

thanks for a good story PAPATOAD

zed0zed0about 16 years ago
Great Read!

Unique twist on revenge, by living well after the break-up. I Loved The Happy Ending, hope Cari rots in hell.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Wonderful Story

I even enjoyed it on the second read. I hope I'll see more stories from you. It seems there are so few good stories being written in the LW now.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Sometimes it hits close to home

This one I will have to read several times

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Thank You!

im glad that the ex-husband was able to move on in this story. other authors would have him flying to the hospital, saying his undying love to his ex-wife, and taking care of her for the rest of her life. you've created a strong character. that one can once again find happiness after so much hurt. thank you. very well written story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Fairly Well Written, But...

I am SO tired of an automobile accident being used as a tool to turn everything around. Just sitting here, I've thought of a half-dozen alternate devices a really imaginative writer could use. Why were none of them used? No, I'm NOT going to tell you about them. Dig something up on your own. Stereotypes -- I'm tired of those too. The wife's reactions and motivations were WAY over the top, as was her abject misery after her "memory loss." She was domineering, uncaring, and spiteful before the accident -- fragile, beautiful, slender and loving afterward. HUH? Human beings are never wholly one or the other. Even Hitler was kind to his dogs, his family, and his wife of several hours. Get the hint, Jake, old bean? Don’t make your characters two-dimensional!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Another Winner

You are one of my very favorite authors in the "cheating wives" genre and "Amy Finds Her Muse" is a top 10 in "Loving Wives" for me. However, there are no reasons shown for the wife to so quickly and callously enter into the affair after so many apparently happy years together. Further, I am okay with the wife losing basically everything that matters when she awakens but would feel better if it was left at that.

That is because I hate such tragic endings but can live with this version. Thanks once again for such a well written and creative piece.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Well Done!

1st, your opening was clever. It is hard for me to think that one could cheat and not leave many clues, but I know of too many people who have had that happen.

A previous comment mentioned his dislike for an auto accident. Well, over 10x the number who have died in our current war since 2001 die in just 1 year here. Also, millions suffer injuries. So, it may be common, but its OK by me, especially when mixed with drinking (50%+ of all accidents).

I guess I really liked it b/c there was no improbable revenge.

Orion623Orion623about 16 years ago
Excellent

A very enjoyable story with a fitting ending for Kevin. There are many of us who wish for more stories along this line and of the same quality. Thanks for a terrific effort.

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 16 years ago
somewhat Forumalic and contrived

This isnt awful but it has some problems.

<br></br>

<b>FIRST</b> The wifes' father shows up on his way to the hospital...in a hurry... and does not have the time to say <i>"... Keri has had major memory loss. She doesnt remember ANYTHING from the past year including her affair and your divorce. So Be careful what you say.."</i>

<br></br>

that takes 5 whole fucking seconds to say!.

<br></br>

<b>SECOND:</b> The brother in law Robert Kane. He sees how Kerri his sister cheated on Kevin. Then he over hears Keri and his own wife Susan talking about "starter husbands". <b> Yet Robert says nothing to his own wife for 2 days?!?!?!?</b>

<br></br>

Holy shit. That is just not remotely believeable. AS the story clearly states the "starter husband" conversation Robert overheard is something that BOTH had been planning for a while.

<br></br>

<b>THIRD</b> The best thing is that this author did NOT go down the "Its all the husband's fault"... highway. Kevin COULD of taken Keri back but the RISK... Given that the "starter Husband" thing had been going for years... that her accident somehow removed this character flaw is something He could not chance. her

ProfWriterProfWriterabout 16 years ago
Nice! Good plot, good character buildup and end

I don't understand those who find fault with other's writings but don't seem to be able to contribute anything besides criticism. If you (plural) are so full of ideas on plots, characters, and endings, give us some of your own creativity to read. Otherwise stuff it!

The more I read the comments in LWs the more I realize that the real wimps aren't in the stories but they are in those who choose to comment.

A story such as this one takes many days and weeks to write and I appreciate your effort.

Thanks!

PW

gatorhermitgatorhermitabout 16 years ago
Well written but very sad story

Not clear why Keri allowed herself to get sucked into Trey's lifestyle - guess it was a whole series of small bad decisions. Sad but well written story about how easy it is to screw up.

JennyBearJennyBearabout 16 years ago
One of the best!

I loved it, although I know it will leave me feeling down for a while. I am a huge fan of reconciliation but it would not have been plausible in these circumstances. It was a well crafted story, thank you.

katibkatibabout 16 years ago
Worth Reading

I found this to be an enjoyable and even worthwhile story. Only slight problem for me is the reason for Keri's attraction to Trey: I would like to understand better the factors that led Keri to leave a loving husband (who seems to be an exemplary character) and an apparently comfortable home. I don't think that simple greed is a sufficient cause.

Anyway, you have enhanced the category of "Loving Wives" with this story.

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioabout 16 years ago
Despite a few fauz pas, a terrific story!

I really liked this one. Others have brought out a few inconsistencies but all-in-all, a good read. The characters are fairly credible, there are few if any grammatical or syntax errors, the imagery is nice. The emotions seem genuine. Thank you for writing this, and please keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
good story

.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Well written depressing story

The story was well witten, but never did get into analysis of why Keri bacame adulterous betrayer of husband. Psychotic or just greedy for the better life. He,on the other hand seemed to get over his broken heart very rapidly and became very cold blooded and totally insensitive to her incapacity. Maybe psychotic reaction to her betrayal. Who knows what he should have done. Very sad story

the Ct. Yankee

justlookingpornjustlookingpornabout 16 years ago
Utter shit

The name of the site is Literotica. This story is neither erotic nor literate. See a therapist; you have issues.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Personally I kinda liked it (^_^)

<p>I did because, while it started off like most cheating stories, husband/wife finds out they are being cheated on, they confront the mate, the mate decides to trade up, and now they are on their own, you didn't stay there. You created a different outlook I liked</p>

<p>For once in a story like this you had the husband do something proactive. I mean think about it, the wife's character didn't have her lover just bend him over a ships rail and rape him with the wide end of a ships oar, but he pulled it out, broke off the end, and then pounded it back in place with a wooden mallet. She and her lover took him for all the money they could while maximizing the debt she left him with. Then if that wasn't enough, she spent her time <b>before</b> the affair was found out deriding him, cutting him down with her lover, and then she left him after making sure he couldn't get even with her for it for almost 2 years. And her accident didn't happen because she was trying to find a way back to Kevin, but because she was out <i>living it up</i> with her new lover not even giving her ex-husband a second thought.</p>

<p>And this is where "Ct. Yankee" and I majorly disagree</p>

<p>After her "accident" everyone in the story expected him to pretend what Keri did <i>never happened</i>. That she didn't cheat on him for a very long time, she didn't rape him in a divorce settlement so that he was debt ridden afterwards, that she didn't try and talk her sister in-law into an affair like hers, she didn't move in with her lover and rub her family's nose in it, and least of all made sure her husband knew she didn't care about him. Where I differ is that he moved on with his life. He didn't pine away for Keri till she was ready to take him back. He found another person who was interest in him. Who he <i>didn't</i> have a history with. Who didn't hurt and betray him. That doesn't make him cold. It made him human. Someone who betrayed him so deeply isn't something that he could pretend didn't happen because everyone expected him too. I liked that.</p>

<p> He took the high road all the way, and it would have seemed wrong to me to get Carol's hopes up, not to mention her daughters, and go back to Keri because she was the only one who couldn't remember what she had done. That wasn't fair to anyone but Keri. And the fact that he had moved on, made it doubly wrong to me. Why should Keri get start over like nothing happened, but he had to live with the memorys of what she did and why she did it?</p>

<p>And Harry, what I saw in the father was this, he was trying to find a way to get Kevin to feel sorry for Keri, and that's why he didn't say too much about why she was still in the hospital. The plan, or what I saw/thought as the plan, was for him to get Kevin to the doctor, have the doctor explain what happened to Keri, and then if Kevin and Keri spent enough time together her parents hoped they would fall in love with each other again. At least that's what I saw in the father's repeated visits and Keri's parents trying to get Kevin to visit her. The hidden plot of what he was trying to do wouldn't have worked if he had said "Hey Keri doesn't remember how badly she screwed you over, so her mother and I feel she deserves a <i>Do over</i> soon as you can fit it in your schedule." That wouldn't have worked. But he if could put him in a postion where Kevin felt sorry enough to give her a second chance...........</p>

<p>I really liked this story. (^_^) It was sad, but at the same time it was a story of who would it have been more fair to, Keri, who burned all her bridges and now didn't remember, or Kevin forced to live with what Keri did to him, who build a new life, out of the debt she created for him, found someone who really wanted him in her life, and was starting to create a life with her, but now because Keri wanted a second chance he should walk away from Carol and her daughter? To me, Kevin <i>earned</i> more a right at the happy life he managed to create after everything Keri did to him, because of what he had to put up with to get that life, than Keri did at getting a second chance to be married to Kevin, "solely" because of her accident left her unable to remember what she did to him.</p>

-Risq

GenghisKhanGenghisKhanabout 16 years ago
CT Yankee Has some good points,

But I think to "examine" the "why's" as to someone you loved as much as Joseph had loved Keri --- it's a futile task. <p>

It is unnecessary, in fact. <p>

Now, if the story HAD BEEN that Keri, improbable as it seemed, turned around and mounted a concerted campaign to win back someone she realized, perhaps too late, who truly loved her for herself, as a human being... and she went on courting him, sending him flowers and cards, but do such with taste and frequencies... then, well, THAT'S something else. <p>

Even then, it would still be up to Joseph to reciprocate her actions. And, yes, he WOULD STILL likely to forge on with his new life. For, as he said, how could you ever trust someone like Keri again.... someone whom you loved deeply and until the very end, you never knew what she's been doing and planning; how she's been putting you down, etc. <p>

Sad as it was --- especially when you added the accident --- I think the author made the right call, but IGNORING the futile/endless attempts to "understand why" she decided, SOMEWHERE in their partnership to treat him so heinously unspeakably,,, calling him a chauffer, etc., when all he ever did was driving his loving and beloved wife to the air port... <p>

This story and AMY FOUND HER MUSE are the types of "depressing" stories that balance out the endless tons of garbage of "OKay, honey, I guess you truly loved me, still love me, and as you said, it's probably just sex, to scratch your itchy vagina" idiotic stories.... Stories where wives picked up strangers, multiple of them, and fucked like dogs in heat and never had to face any consequences... total gibberish...<p>

These two are life-like in many ways; they are about how we CAN and, many times, DO decide to go against our better judgement and pay very dearly heavily at the end... <p>

This resolved itself, however sadly, when Keri killed herself. <p>

AMY FOUND HER MUSE, to me, was sadder. Amy, the mother would live close to her former husband, her younger sister (who was now his wife) and their beautiful and smart girl, who would always run to her "mommy" whether she cried or laughed... Amy would hear the little, her daughter, giggle and laugh and cry.... and the little girl would run, in times of either trouble or happiness, to bury her head in her "mother's" bossom and Amy, the "DNA donor" mother would simply have to watch hopeless and helplessly,,,, knowing how much she had destroyed.... <p>

Anyway, these are, then, good stories. We and Literotica need these once in a while, in addition to the tons and tons of purely masturbatory stories about white women/wives fucking multiple Black brothers with 10 to 15 inch dicks, endlessly in some fantasy iland, ingesting dirty bodily fluids like there's no tomorrow... as well as those wher the guys would wait for an eternity for the return of whorish wives who have taken trips around the world to fuck as many as they can....because they couldn't live without such women, ad nauseam... Such are total nonsense, although some can, again, serve as masturbatory material, if cleverly written...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
great story

I have enjoyed all of your work.I always look each day hoping to discover another story to enjoy.

Keep writing,do not attention to distractors.I will look forward to other works.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Great Job

I was tired tonight but couldnt stop reading. Loved it. Sad but possible. Thanks

looking4itlooking4itabout 16 years ago
One of the better long stories I have read lately

A nice well thought story. One of those that kept my attention the entire time...basically couldn't stop reading it. Some nice erotic moments but not the necessary part of the plot. Look forward to more from you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Very Nice Effort

Plausible character development, interesting plot, and emotionally engaging.

kelchakelchaabout 16 years ago
My Goodness It's Good

Great effort. We have seen the love she had for her husband. Now please write her story. How did a few baubles change her so much. After all, it was shortly after they returned from Mexico that the affair began.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Well Done Author - First Rate

A very in depth story of 2 falling apart in a worst way. You set the stage quite appropriate to substantiate the path you had decided upon. <P>

You explained the emotions he and they felt without endless tearful repetition or weakness in extreme.<P>

Nice touch Author - you are appreciated and now looked forward to even more.<P>

With Very High Regard

peggytwittypeggytwittyabout 16 years ago
A very good story!

A really well done story of marriage and the pain of deceit. It was well written and worth the effort this author obviously put into it.<P>Thank you for the very good entertainment.<P>PT

MinigalesMinigalesabout 16 years ago
A Nice Depressing Story

<p>There were things that did not sound right to me.

<p>She was about to end the affair, but when he caught her she discarded him like a used condom. How does that make sense? She must have some love or respect for him to leave big bucks and end the affair, but their deriding him does not show any respect of love. It is actually consistent with the treatment that followed.

<p>Can amnesia really turn a calculating conniving bitch into an angel? I really doubt it, especially that the story showed that she had those feelings for a very long time. I am not Dr. Hirsch (of the Bourne Trilogy), but I do not think getting to know somebody rich can wash away someone principles and rid her from the minimum human respect for others not to mention one's spouse.

<p>Also the way his father-in-law told him about going to the hospital was ridiculous. He should have told him the minimum not to screw things very badly or he had to be there ahead of time in anticipation of his visit.

<p>Thanks, author, for writing this story. Keep them coming.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
great story but i have a question

I might have missed this but why didnt he sue that SOB for alternation of affections, and the law firm for letting a lawyer sleep with a secretary and ruin his marriage? he had eh emails saying they used busines trips for this affair..

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Another very good story

I've enjoyed all of your contributions to Literotica and this story is no exception. There is however a rather jarring incongruency between a Keri who apparently deeply loved Kevin, and the wife who then callously tossed him aside for financial gain. Which was the real Keri? You don't dispense with deep feelings for the sake of diamonds and dollars. I would think a better explanation would be that Keri never had an intense love for Kevin; this would allow her to accept Trey's gifts and money and end the marriage without too much pain. In that case why the tears, regret and eventual suicide after her memory loss?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
good

my friend also thinks its very good. and since she is a financial analyst, she said that Kevin got a very good return for his $10,000. hmm, never looked at it that way, but she's right.

SleeplessinMDSleeplessinMDabout 16 years ago
Excellent story but...

Calculating conniving bitch into an saint? I was tempted to say that you wrote two Keris but the behavior of the in-laws explain Keri's value system. After Keri dumps Kevin ahead of her schedule to get the "good life" you show how the parents went along with her. There was no recriminations or shame by the in-laws. Keri has planned from an early age to get that "good life" and Kevin was the "starter husband." Just because she had planned to dump Bradley soon did not mean that she had abandoned her plan to have the "good life." After the accident it is not unusual for her to want to hang on to the only person who had loved her. Kevin made the only sensible decision he could given her nature and what happened. A great ending!

SleeplessinMD

KOLKOREKOLKOREabout 16 years ago
A good story – minus Keri’s part

To the extent that you spelled out the memories –mostly those of the husband’s and those of Carol’s you did a convincing job at creating then developing those characters. It is only when you turned to what I usually see as “plot shortcuts”, namely somewhat mechanical ‘resolutions’ to complex situations such as Keri’s accident and then (somewhat paradoxically) her suicide, that I felt that you short changed yourself (and the readers). Those devices are over used, but most importantly in your story they could not convince me. I agree with others who mentioned that ‘a full character overhaul’ due to an accident is unlikely. <P>

From the little that we do know about Keri we have to conclude that her attitudes towards marriage in general and most likely Kevin himself were forming in her mind long before she even started her affair. Those attitudes beliefs and emotions do not form overnight. With that in mind, it seems like the effort to present a plausible scenario in which Keri reverses into some old, more likable version of her, unfortunately does not seem credible, even based on what the story itself allows us to conclude about her. <P>

Based on your proven capabilities in other parts of the story I have no doubt that with more attention to Keri’s character (excluding accidents suicides and other misc. force majors) you could have much improved the story.

Simple49erSimple49erabout 16 years ago
Did I miss something?

Basic plot failure: Keven seems to have never gotten a lawyer? Either he is a fool or the author is. In a divorce, both sides need lawyers and to imagine that Keri would have gotten away with that divorce without hurting and that the lawfirm would not be sued is not easy to imagine EARLY in the story. Basic spring board of the plot just does not hold water of believablity.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
Untrue

In this day of lawsuits over anything,both people keeping

the job they had at the law firm is fantasy.We had something

like this happened at our firm,both were unemployed at the

end of day.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Good story

A very good story; thank you for it. One suggestion that might be useful if you write a similar story: I would have liked to know more about Keri's thoughts and motivations and feelings. I would have liked it if, toward the end of the story, when she meets with her husband, he had suggested that they meet again with Susan, and the three of them discuss what was happening during the time of the affair (based upon Susan's and the husband's memories). That would have given the reader a much better idea of what Keri and Susan discussed at the time. But thanks again, please post more stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
he did get a lawyer

he went and saw one after the papers arrived and was given the advice to go with it.

cpetecpeteabout 14 years ago
Keri story?

Wonderful story.

I agree with serveal other posters that a follow-up story giving Keri's story from loving wife to cheater then remourseful accident victim/ex-wife would be most welcome.

oldwayneoldwaynealmost 14 years ago
In many ways this was a sad story..but a damned good one.

Jake, I have no end of respect for your writing and story telling abilities. All of your stories, that I have read so far, are pretty much comparable to those of Jake Rivers and DG Hear and, from where I stand, that is offered as some of the highest praise possible. Thank you for your stories.

RePhilRePhilover 13 years ago
A very sad story

Too bad Keri had to die so sad that she was so destroyed

robinhodrobinhodover 13 years ago
Top story...and...but

Best story I've read yet on this site, and I've read A to Z once and am going through again. The "and" is in regard to the very positive feedback. The "but" refers to the abusive feedback - how sad!

BigJohn601BigJohn601about 13 years ago
Why didn't Kevin sue Trey for Alienation of Affection?

And the law firm for failure to enforce the morality clause in the standard lawyer contract. Or if that was impossible, being a blue collar worker----get some payback after setting up an unbreakable alibi.

bigguy323bigguy323about 13 years ago
Finally, a story where the filthy cheating cunt gets hers.

The only thing that would have made it better would have been for her to have been paralyzed with all of her memories intact.

cpetecpeteabout 13 years ago
Still Best Story on LW

Agree with poster Robinhod-this is the best story on LW so far.

Good character development, well written. Still as good a third read around as the first.

The story crys out REAL hard for a version with the x-wifes POV.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Great story

He didnt have to do anything. Karma got back at her. i guess, fate did have a better woman for him. again, great story.

RonRWoodRonRWoodalmost 13 years ago
Great!

I like GengisKhan's comments. I prefer these kind of stories where the revenge is the remorse felt after one realizes what they have lost when they make a bad decision or look for greener pastures. That is after all what we all end up with in our old age?

The pity is: Most of us have thought about what it would have been like in our past if we just had the wisdom then that we do now... These stories help us think about what we would have done in a similar situation.

Somehow, I think we all have had similar situations as described by these Authors. Thank You Jake. You are one of the very best.

DunaDunaalmost 13 years ago
Suicid actions?

At the modern antidepessing medicins it is less likely nowdays the suicid. I do not understand the authors why send the carachters to suicid. For example Stangstar06 in the "Private Eyes' (good story), etc.... I was lucky when I read a author's story where the cuckold husband (a stranger help) instead suicid run away from the USA, I was glad and I hope found a beautiful exotic girl.....

BTW 5 stars!!!!!

DWornockDWornockalmost 13 years ago
I could only rate it 2**s

I agree with other comments regading the Father-in-Law asking him to come to the hospital but not having time to take 5 seconds to say "She has lost her memory of the last year and telling her anything to remind her of the last year would be very harmful so please be very careful what you say."

Then him being so viscious toward his ex while she is in the hospital recovering from major injurie. Only a sociopath could be that heartless.

I can understand that being a mechanic, he is retarded and that explains why he would have no idea of the memory loss problem that would be obvious to any intelligent person knowing that she had a major head injury.

Prior to 1950 people mostly stayed in their social class so, at that time, while some mechanics would be retarded others would be highly intelligent. Later intelligent people would not remain in their social class and be mechanics so most mechanics are retarded. However, that may be changing again since a college education is no longer a guarantee of an above average income and very recently good mechanics have a higher income than the average college graduate. Therefore, again highly intelligent people are becoming mechanics and other trades.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Dwornock is a moron

The rating system is quality of writing/plot based and not on the behavior of subjects in the story.

The only valid point (that others have pointed out) has been the Father-in-law's not mentioning memory loss to him.

You have become one of the most annoying creatures that leave inane and redundant comments and all that within a month or so.

bartolobartoloalmost 13 years ago
great story by an author who writes a lot of superb stories

Jake60 writes well and balances his characters. Keri had her time with Kevon but apparently she really didn't love him enough. And as she indicated "Kevon could not compete with her boss (Trey) for her heart." Keri could not take that remark back. With this remark plus those emails Kevon uncovered, there was no going back.

lonewolf3307lonewolf3307almost 13 years ago
Dittos on DWornock!

This was a compelling story which gives a lot of credence to the logic that the best revenge is a life well lived. Not that I'm against revenge, mind you, but, sometimes, it's nice to find a wronged husband who cuts his losses and goes on with his life.

As for that moron, DWornock, well, he's just that, a moron. I certainly don't feel any less intelligent because I don't know what he's commenting about. Actually, I'd feel less intelligent if I did.

RHinSCRHinSCalmost 13 years ago
Good One

Yes, DWornock is an idiot. Mechanics are retarded? Most people have no idea what they are looking at when they open the hood. Never have. I have a nephew about to go into the field for a dealership, thats about thirty bucks an hour. He graduated high school at the top of his class. Working on a car is like working on the space shuttle now, you have to go to school for each brand. I wonder if wornock knows how to check her oil. It sure does cost when you have to pay a visit to the retarded bastards doesn't it?

DunaDunaalmost 13 years ago

Why do the authors like sending their female characters to suicide? (for example StanStar06) I like this story, but Keri's death is unnecessity event. I think the story would be same good without Keri death.

FD45FD45over 12 years ago
Story

This worked on me for so many levels.

It is the small touches. I like when someone finds original ways to detect the cheating. It is imminently plausible for a careful wife to get jammed up by a modem screw up. Not enough of a computer guru to know if he'd be able to get back into that site, but I don't care.

In particular, I really like the wife's reaction to being caught. You made this woman out to be smart and she KNEW what was in those emails was enough to put her past the Pale. Of course I hated her for that, but it WORKED!

The jokes she made with Trey hinted at an intimacy they shared. While she asserted she was going to dump him, I have my doubts.

And it keeps coming. Slimedick fucking over the husband legally. How the guy needed to fall down before getting up. The mixed reaction of her family.

I would have liked to see more happen careerwise to Trey. The company HAD to slam on him if they were going to keep the rank and file happy or they were essentially sending the message that you needed to screw to get ahead. How SHE managed to keep working there, I don't know!

I will admit to half an eyeroll at the amnesia thing. It was a tad predictable, but certainly nothing to sneeze at.

Okay, on to the writing. It flowed. I didn't note a lot of grammatical mistakes, poor structure, horribly misspelled words, etc. There were one or two sentences where I scratched my head, but no repetitive mistakes.

Little to complain about, a lot to like.

Thank you for writing and please continue.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
cold hearted bitch

what a cold hearted bitch. was it really for the money? Was he really just a starter husband? Did she come to love him but not more than money?

norcal62norcal62over 12 years ago
FD45's comment said it well.

I finally got over the too common "Kevin and Kari" alliteration naming that infects LW authors and enjoyed the twists of the story.

Wanted to comment mostly to repeat to others; the best way to deal with DWornick is to completely ignore him. I haven't looked up his comment to this story and I'm happier for it.

jasonnhjasonnhover 12 years ago
Interesting situation

The cheating part shows that Keri is a cold calculating bitch. Kevin nicely moves on. That's all a pretty straightforward story. It's well written and the characters are good.

The interesting part is, what do you do with a person who did bad things but now has no memory of their behavior? Does forgetting the bad things you did restore you to innocence? Does losing some of your memory make you a different person? I like the story's answer. While Keri's situation is sad she is still responsible for her previous actions. As Kevin notes, there is something in Keri that made her behave like this and it's probably more than just a year's memory . Kevin owes her nothing.

However, starting over without her memory she hasn't done anything else bad. Her death seems unfair.

chytownchytownover 12 years ago
Great Story!!!!!!

Everything about it I liked. Thanks for sharing.

drazvichdrazvichabout 12 years ago
Enjoyable

The story's very well paced, and I don't see errors (nothing big at least, my grammar's not very good but I can spot major gaffe). My only nitpick is I'd enjoyed it a lot more if Kevin ends up with someone new (and younger). Especially when it's revealed that they didn't have sex while they're dating at high school. I myself would probably resent the ex-GF, if I'm in the same situation.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggalmost 12 years ago
'A Fantastic Read' versus 'A Great Story '

I should start by saying ' me too' (! ) in terms of everyone who had something complimentary to say about this story. I suppose this story did prop itself up on a few cliches ( car crash, amnesia ) but to me that's very secondary to a plethora of supurb aspects of the story.

I really liked how the character ethos ( see 7 Habits by Covey for a fuller explanation of this concept ) was purveyed in this story. The principal people portrayed here all ultimately reaped their just desserts. This all took time , perhaps we the sympathetic readers may have wanted something more immediate but by the end - few would say justice did not prevail.

I suppose the car crash was violent but we learned of this 2nd hand. No one did anything outrageous or criminal. Injustices were done & they rankled but Kevin the foremost character kept applying himself. This was a struggle & we felt for Kevin othanks to author's skill.

I liked how well the 2ndary chsracters were depicted & portrayed . These people weren't clones. All were very different as per the roles they had to play but Jake captured their essence & used them adroitly to complement the story as a whole.

In closing , one last thing is turning Keri from scheming trollop to an innocent . Most of us pitied her ( while at the same time realizing that it was due to her contrivances Keri was reaping what she had sowed. A masterstroke ? Quite possibly, yes. Maybe just maybe if we are good readers - Jake will return with a story as good as this one. Regardless , we owe him thanks here & now for this gem.

Danger09Danger09almost 12 years ago
Fantastic story 😍

Kerrie was a high class whore, she basically fuck'd her prick of a boss for jewelry, expensive bags and other bullshit, the day Kevin confronted her & her whorish behavior she showed little to no remorse--she was money hungry, she wanted the high life but she wasn't willing to work for it. Karma's a bitch !

Keri's reaction to this answer was a look of confusion as she said, "Why weren't you here when I woke up? Why would you go to work or stay at home when I'm in here?"

I was as confused as Kevin ; but he answered the whore more nicely than I would have: I would've said:::: because we're divorced whore! so why the fuck would I need to see you? You are no longer my concern.

When she asked Kevin out on a date in anticipation that he'd love the old Kerrie again I wanted to laugh, the old Kerrie is the lying, cheating, insensitive money hungry whore that left her husband for a dickhead so why the fuck would she think he'd want her back? She was hoping that since she can't recollect her selling her ass, pussy & head she can snake her slutty ass back to the man she robbed. I'm a normal human being I'd like to be rich & live a life of luxury--- but I'm not willing to sell my body for it, I just play the powerball like most people. She had a great marriage and she ruined it so her suicide doesn't get any sympathy from me... She got her wish she was rich but what good does being rich do when you don't have that special someone to share it with? She had her money but she lost her husband...

BTTapBTTapalmost 12 years ago
Interesting and, of course, a well-written story

Never read this one, somehow. I've seen the device other times, the wife is cheating, doesn't love the other guy, but then gets busted and bails-thinking her hubby would never forgive her and taking a chance on the new guy (Postcards comes to mind). The weak point for me was that the author made her a pretty cheap whore-selling her sex with a lesser lover for whom she feels no love for a few trinkets and maybe some nice dinners out. And she does is on her second trip out of town? Seems a little incredulous.

What told more about her character was her conversation with her sis-in-law/friend; the 'starter husband' talk, etc. Up to that point, I could almost buy the semi-pro whore angle, but then it seems there is a more mercenary side to her.

The interesting aspect was the loss of memory. It doesn't absolve her of her actions, but it does make the reader feel for her. The hubby had it right, however: her willingness/ability to betray him as he did had nothing to do with the 6 months before being found out, and everything to do with a fundamental character flaw. True, it could have been a perfect storm of opportunity and inducement that made her fall off the fidelity wagon, but her character flaw allowed her to get there. It was truly sad that she had to pay a price for actions that, to her mind, she hadn't really done. Talk about a nightmare!

Effective and heart-rending story, and a bit of a thinker, but I did feel the wife's character was a little hard to pin down (vulnerable girl seduced by money or a mercenary bitch looking for an upgrade?).

I liked the development of the storyline with the new woman, though I actually found myself wanting more.....

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
oh, woe is me

Kevin is a freaking asshole… oh, woe is me… must drink a case of 24 and fatten up on burgers… oh, woe is me… please pity stupid dumb non-reactive me… I'll just ask her how come she hasn't kept me abreast of her dalliances… oh, woe is me… my personal illusions about my relationship will ensure an honest response from my darling Keri Kane as to why… then I'll choke up and keep cryin'… mommy, big bad dick-in-my-keri Trey took my candy bar… oh, woe is me… her daddy thinks that her boss has to be remarkable shyster… oh, woe is me… just heard from my banker that the illusory love of my life cleaned out my bank accounts… oh, woe is me…too bad I was suckered by that slave like illusion "love" and didn't clean out the accounts and protect myself… oh, woe is me… I'll confront her and Trey… oh, woe is me… I may get tasered… I'm so useless… oh, woe is me…. when I do react I use my asshole to think for me… oh, woe is me… so many expensive legal suits ready to screw dumb ass me over… oh, woe is me… I never knew there was a Plan B… was there a Plan A… oh, woe is me… I never realized that they made starter asshole husbands like me… and even then when pappy Kane wants to sucker me back in so I can support his daughter, I'm such a wimp, I can't quite tell him to F***OFF … the only smart thing was to get to the hospital before Mommy and Daddy Kane… despite being real dumb and not knowing the existent reality of the situation (once a dumbs, always a dumbs)… at least NO more woe over this selfish cock-missle seeking cunt ! And yes F*** the doctor - most are just drug pushers anyway.

Really… is this your take on real life ?

This has to be fiction… just like believing that your earned pay is all yours.

cantbuymycantbuymyover 11 years ago
another great

author we dont see much of anymore. too bad.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 11 years ago
Loved it!!!!

One of my absolute favorites. I can't wait to share this with my wife. Beautifully written and an amazing story line.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
sad but lovely

loved it. such a sad tale. glad you did write in a new soul mate for him. please write more

phd70phd70about 11 years ago
Sad Tale, but a happy new Life for the husband and new family

Good story with a mixed upbeat ending. Husband might have helped ex wife recover mentally, but he already had an expanding new llfe and family. He didn't really 'owe' his ex wife any more effort, so he was not to blame. Feel sad for his ex inlaws, but life is only occasionally 'fair'. Would love to see more stories by Jake60. Dan

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Great story.jake 60 what you doing now,please write some more

Kerri was. A whore who sold herself for a better life of wealth but not happiness. So she dumps a great man and tragic events take over. She loses her memory only to find out what her betrayal cost her.she could not deal with her pain and winds up killing herself.he moves on and I'd happily married. Life goes on. Sad she couldn't go on either.but shit happens.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Great progression, but the ending?

It's actually a great progression from the very beginning. You could indicate how good your work was by the reaction the audience, i was completely like, "oh cmon, Kevin! Punch her!". Meaning to say i was completely been carried away, and i think it's good. The only thing which i could say needs a little bit of refurbishing is the last part, it's actually a pretty good idea that Keri dies out of regrets and so on and so on, but it was not been expounded as much as i expected as similar case with its epilogue, meaning to say the Idea was there but the exploitation is a little bit off. I really love this work! Thank you so much Jake60, i would love to hear another stories from you.

HardFeltHardFeltabout 11 years ago
Five stars.

Well worth the read.

Excellent story. Well done!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
wow

incredible. We don't get this quality often anymore. Please More*****

SensateSensatealmost 11 years ago
Excellent story

Couldn't put it down. Great character development, plot and editing.

cantbuymycantbuymyalmost 11 years ago

great story and it was the "old" wife that was the cheating cunt.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Even though I hated Keri for most of the story

after the accident, and her being returned to who she was before, I was kind of hoping they might have another go at things

but, it wasn't to be

sad, really. understandable, but still sad

sad, because after being returned to being a truly innocent loving wife, she discovers what she did, and in the end, that knowledge killed her

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Very Good

I did want to kick Kevin and her parents in the butt a couple of times but drama was needed. Kevin was too nice for my tastes, he put out some effort after her accident that I didn't agree with. Her parents were wondering why he hadn't been to see her? Nope nope and nope. When they were wondering if there was any chance... Y'all have some huge cojones to be asking me that, wtf is wrong with you, your gold digging daughter burned me good, I feel bad that she is permanently screwed up because of him but I don't owe her anything and will not be a further party to this saga, she is not my problem. He Is more mentally healthy than me tho lol.

cantbuymycantbuymyalmost 11 years ago

Another dead cheating whore. So she went back to what she was. Big fucking deal - she went back to where she was when she started cheating. Burn in hell cunt!

OneShotOneOneShotOnealmost 11 years ago
I love a happy ending

The memory loss thing was weak but you made up for it with two dead cheaters.

cantbuymycantbuymyalmost 11 years ago

It was the "old" wife that became the cheating fucking whore.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
About Time

I have no sympathy with any Cheater. She was a callous whore and the way she treated her husband and what happened to her is very well deserved. I am glad to know there will be no pearly gates for this whore.

norcal62norcal62over 10 years ago
So many LW authors have trouble with the use of pronouns.

Here's a reference on the correct use of I, me, etc., in sentences. Correct use makes the author so much more credible as a writer.

http://www.ecenglish.com/learnenglish/lessons/subject-pronoun-or-object-pronoun

searching0240searching0240over 10 years ago
I Was Surprised

I was surprised that anyone would think that Kevin owed that cunt anything.

The father-in-law showing up to ask him to go to the hospital showed a level of contempt that was unbelievable. You can see from whom, Keri learned honor and integrity. Anyone with any sense of propriety, would have expected Kevin to be cheering for the Karmic justice. No matter how much I loved my daughter, I would never have done anything as dishonorable as her father.

I suppose that anyone who thinks that volunteering to murder innocent people in Iraq, represents "honor" or "decency", can be forgiven for not understanding what the words mean.

Robert

sdc92078sdc92078about 10 years ago
Rare form of justice

Having Keri revert to her pre-cheater personality and then have to face the reality of what she turned into is more justice than happens in real life. Usually, the only thing cheaters feel bad about is getting caught.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsabout 10 years ago
lost

She lost some of her memories but did her underlying personality change ?

Or was the greedy status obsessed whore still waiting for a new sugar daddy ?

That and the pain he went through are why Kevin was right to move on.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
recommendation

To justlookingporn. It's better to keep your mouth closed and have people think you a fool than open it and remove all doubt.

TavadelphinTavadelphinalmost 10 years ago
It was well conceived and executed -

I have used that phrase before but it applies so i will use it here -

Justice comes in many forms - hers came with knowing what she did while not being able to comprehend why - it is hard to realize just haw bad a person you were while not being that way anymore. It is hard enough for those of who make our own mistakes to deal with them directly - but to lose all awareness of how we did what we did or why would make it almost impossible - Keri could not cope.

To see Kevin as somehow fundamentally weak and ineffective seems inappropriate - once he found out he responded directly and immediately - he took definitive (if delayed) action - he did have an emotional reaction. Weakness or humanity in action - how many of us would not react - he got angry so would I, he got drunk - not my choice - so what???

The progression was great - we miss this writer

MrFluffyCatMrFluffyCatover 9 years ago
I felt bad for Keri

I don't know I feel a lot of the previous commenter are from BtB crowd. I feel that we need more back story or to read the story from Keri's PoV. When exactly did she become a money hungry bitch? There was nothing that pointed out to her being this way before Trey. When did she hold such contempt to her husband there didn't seem to be anything that he did that made her turn out this way. Even before she lost her memories she seemed to feel some sort of remorse for what she was doing, albeit she didn't really let it show. She really must have loved Kevin as she went as far as to kill herself after she lost her memory, when she saw he wouldn't return. So just when did she truly become a greedy deceptive bitch? I won't lie I was hoping for reconciliation here, I really was. 4*

sugnasugnaover 9 years ago
Strange, Sad, Twisted

Our tragic flaws, as well as our strengths tend to define us. Some of us have strengths that keep the flaws in check, and some of us are victims to our own poor choices. Sadly, whether she remembered her poor choices are not, the damage was done. Either way, in the long run it would have killed her. At middle age, I have seen these flaws and facets play out in my life and those I have known over the decades. Some for better and some for worse. I would not have bet on myself as a young man, and yet I am very happy today. Some of the others that I thought were brighter, better looking, superior in every other way have been laid low by their own flaws. Interesting, thought provoking story - 5* thank you!

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
Just Starting This, But..

I realize that being a cheating wife here in LW requires a certain lack of intelligence, but why do so many of these sluts actually SAVE their damning Emails?

I can understand not thinking to delete them, but actually SAVING them? That's just begging to be found out!

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
Thoughts

Maybe “credit” isn’t the right word, but I give her credit for not using the tired LW clichés of “It’s not what you think,” or “It’s YOU that I love!”

And she’s not crying for him to take her back, or asking him to accept cuckoldry.

Although, given how easily she left him and went to Trey, who apparently is available, why didn’t she simply divorce him months ago and go to Trey?

“ I know you can probably never forgive the new Keri, the one who betrayed you so terribly, but I'm the old Keri again.” Except that it WAS the old Keri who turned into the “new Keri!”

xtchrxtchrover 9 years ago
It's Obvious!

It's very obvious that this cheater has no respect or love for her husband. The cheaters called him her chauffeur, laughed at him, and thought he was a joke. She was just a greedy person who thought she deserved the better things in life, things her 'starter husband' couldn't provide. I had no sympathy for the cheater that died in the accident, but found the premise of her amnesia very interesting. I thought for a while he was going to help her get better and then take her back. Glad that he didn't after what she put him through. Thanks for a very creative story with an interesting twist.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Good story

And I think her suicide had a lot to do with her medical problems. I only had one question. When she first left him and then presented him with the divorce papers, why didn't he get a lawyer and make things difficult for them? He would have gotten 1/2 the money but probably had to sell the house and split the proceeds. But he could have sued their Company for failure to enforce their regulations about interoffice romances (all big Companies have those rules), sued Trey for alienation of affection and generally made things a mess for them, including getting them both fired. Maybe your direction was better but her never really considered the matter and a shark for a lawyer would have taken his case, betting on getting a big payoff down the line. The ending was a little anti climatic but other than that, it was a good read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
An apt ending indeed.

I think ending her life would have been better for this story rather than for her to be committed to a mental institution as a consequence of her brain injury. That way it became an end which caused no further suffering to all.

FD45FD45almost 9 years ago
People are complicated things

When I was a kid, I wanted to go to the movies with friend A and out rollerskating with friend B. I could not do both. That I wanted both doesn't make me a bad person.

This woman wanted her loving sexy husband AND that first class life. She fooled herself into thinking she could have them both without consequences.

So to me, this is painfully realistic. I do not doubt for a moment that she loved her husband. Yes, she talked smack about him behind her back and that was an indication of her POV shift when she was with Trey. But that is also human nature. In HS, if you were with one friend, you saw things his way. When you were with another, your POV changed.

This is a story about that. She was disrespectful and horrid. That is a part of Keri. There were other parts of Keri too which were generous and wonderful and caused him to fall in love with her. Unfortunately, we get a story of the bad parts of her life, not the weekend in Cancun.

For those who feel she got off lightly, consider this: every single friend of hers, every husband and boyfriend of every friend of hers, every co-worker, and her parents saw her for a year as a money grubbing whore...and in her mind, they were justified in these beliefs. Women are very socially and reputationally conscious so having your ENTIRE SOCIAL NETWORK suddenly look askance at you if not avoid you totally? Every meal, every outfit, every diamond stopped being a 'love offering' and became her whore price. Takes the glitter right out of a diamond, particularly when Trey didn't marry her immediately. THAT had to rankle. She went from respected wife to kept woman with all the uncertainty that status brings.

We can all be bought but usually we can bring some dignity with us. She couldn't.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 9 years ago
Second time through...

one of my favorites. Five stars.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 9 years ago
One more thought...

probably one of the most unique situations I have come across on this site. He made the right choice for many reasons. But this is a storyline that could go in so many different directions and still be justified.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous