All Comments on 'Menopause, a Chronicle'

by Scorpio44a

Sort by:
  • 40 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Been There

You hit it right on the money!

PostScriptorPostScriptorover 13 years ago
I'm sure that Rehnquist can supply the details, but...

you ought to wiki 'common law marriage'. In short, if you live together as husband and wife, identifying yourselves as such, etc, for some period of time, you are considered to be married. Our hero would not get out his his marriage with Amanda without paying because of a technical error in their marriage paperwork. It did make for a good ending. <br><P>

Otherwise an amusing story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Living this story from the other side

35 years and my husband wants to stay in our bed but "he won't touch me".

I don't think so. He has lots of other women.

2 weeks- He's moved downstairs and my menopause has me so horny I am going crazy. He wants "life to go on" and I want a lover not a roommate.

Your stories are always enjoyable but some woman did a number on you. You end your stories bitterly.

sailordblj1966sailordblj1966over 13 years ago
Excellent story

As always a great read and a great story keep up the outstanding work

hansbwlhansbwlover 13 years ago
Diet Coke!

Very good story. The only problem was his obvious poor taste in drinking matter. There is no drink which is so unsuitable to food as Coke, any person drinking Coke with their meal has no taste for food. If you are a teetotaller drink plain water and taste the food.

Lucky me, my wife had not the problems as described here.

Average_WriterAverage_Writerover 13 years ago
Scorpio?

This was a very, very, well written story. it kept me reading right until the end. It is a sad story and possibly, just possibly the husband could have done things differently. However the wife really messed things up and it was her fault that things happened the way they did. I have little or no sympathy for her. As her their daughters? Well I would have serious words with them about what they think make up a marriage.

But true or not it was a good story thanks for writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
thanks

Thanks for the story. Pretty predictable but well worth reading. I hope you post more often than you have been lately.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Masterful

Thank you. Very well written. I comes, however, to close to this

writers vest.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
So True... sadly

As a 62 yr old husband, been there done that. Nobody - but no one -ever talks about the "no sex" after menopause, that seems to be more taboo than sis-brother stories. Oh she loves kissing & cuddles - thats it, no more, no feels, no fingering, nothing, if I ask what do I do with my stiffies? she blinks, the thought is gone, end of line. She objects like hell if I get sexy emails, or watch naughty TV, or look at girlie mags. A real dog in a manger. Its like having a good computer but no programs - the hardware is OK, but the software isn't. And the world wonders why men chase young women, or are surfing this site !! This story should be compulsory reading for all 21 yr olds, male and female.

GrumpyGambyGrumpyGambyover 13 years ago
Yikes!

I laughed through out the first half of page one. Then... damn what a bummer!

So glad there was somewhat of a happy ending. I do take a little offense to the way you had Amanda so easily manipulate her daughters and daughter in law. With Nick being so open about what was happening I find it hard to believe none of the daughters bothered to check with their Dad, or that none of them hear the truth from their brother.

Female sexual dysfunction; not even gynecologists can define what the breadth and scope should be. FDA denies approval for controversial new drug to treat something that can't yet be defined. Perhaps they should ask you?

Don't paint all the flowers with one color.

pogmapogmaover 13 years ago
Sometimes it is different.

Menopause was very hard on my wife and our sex life for a while. We love each other so she actually worked out the answer. Body to body sex was too hot for her and she had no natural lubrication, so her solution, because she still got horny, was oral sex. Works good for us.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Great story -sleight error

Loved the story.Rang a few bells for me as it probably did for others.

One small error you made though How come Alison is 60 years old but her father is only 70. That would make him 10 years old when he fathered her ????

Scorpio44aScorpio44aover 13 years agoAuthor
You're wrong and you're right!

One comment said common law marriage would have them married even without the paperwork. Not so. If the story was set in Texas it would be true. The story was set (and happened) in California. California law has no provision for Common Law Marriage.

Another comment said I screwed the math about Alison and her father. You're right! I meant the sentence to say "He's almost eighty." In both cases I have made notes to myself to make sure such things are made clear in the story text and that my math works. Maybe I'll have to get my abacus back off the bookshelf.

Thanks.

OldStormyOldStormyover 13 years ago
Deep, deep, deep!

Hi Scorpio.

I wasn't going to post comments anymore but in this case decided I would. Your story delved incredibly deeply into a very 'touchy' subject. In this one, Amanda was absolutely stupid in not seeking some help, either medical or counseling. I have been there but luckily my wonderful lady saw the problem and sought help from a very good GP. No HRT therapy as she is scared shitless about cancer but some good cream and pessaries cured her sufficiently that she still wants and likes sex. It does need a little more lubricant than she can produce naturally but who cares, as long as the need is there and she wants to punch my ticket.

I felt the 'never legally married' bit needed a little more explanation but still the story was not lost for the want of it.

I suppose the moral of the story is, " When you slam the door in someones face, don't expect them to be standing there when you eventually open it".

Great story told with a lot of insight. A final plea to many ladies out there, "Please, check with your GP if and when you start getting hot flushes and notice you are becoming 'bitchy' too often. To the men, please remain diplomatic but insistent that she speak to the GP when the signs are lighting up the bedroom noticeboard. Make sure you accompany them to the GP so you are included in all discussion. Keeps it honest and real.

A great story. Thanks

bigbearz9bigbearz9over 13 years ago
I'm 61

And I'm glad that I didn't have to go through what Nick did.

BigJohn601BigJohn601about 13 years ago
I gotta find me an Allison....

My wife has been acting like Amanda too damn long.

LitformikeLitformikealmost 13 years ago
TOO TRUE TO LIFE

My nightmare started at 42. If I had the money I'd have been long gone.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Holy Smoly!

You are touching a lot of us readers with this often played reality of what occurs during long term marriages. However, not all women turn away from their husbands so abruptly. Sometimes it is subtle and they don't give theirselves away. Not even when they lose interest in sex completely. Mine just lay there passively and allowed me most anything I wanted.Its her total lack of passion, or the sweats she wore to bed after our first was born, instead of the baby doll nighties. That told me subtly that she wasn't interested in sex with me anymore. She never said it though, instead she claimed that I kept it too cold. She was 30 and it's like she only wanted children, never admitting that of course either. I didn't give up and tried everything to stimulate her for years after that. And for all those years she would allow sex as often as I wanted. Yet, she refused to show any interest in it which eventually killed my own sexual libido for her. Oh, she would listen to my pleas of "whats wrong"? Doing so passively and without any arguement, keeping her head down. Yet, she never responded to my pleas other than keeping silent and hanging on to me for a bit before rolling away. She was considerate, loving, and caring in every other way. She accepted that I no longer felt much sexual intimacy towards her after several years without comment. I had shown her love, affection and adoration for 30 years. But after the first 5 years or after her 1st and 2nd child there was no more passion and damn few orgasms with her. She just doesn't have a sexual libido I finally accepted. I just masturbate in her body basically when I just have to. I have never been happy about that but then I can't say there is no sex at all like in your story...I can have it anytime! I too would have been gone if that had ever become the case. I sometimes wish she had just done that! Cut me off! She was too smart I think! Couldn't this make a story plot? She was an is a sexy little beauty still at 56. I think she was just a sexual dud and couldn't admit it! She never even thought about cheating because that would have called for sex! Hell, I even encouraged her if that would have stimulated her. I encouraged her to come out as well if she was a lesbian and that wasn't it! What do you all think? I was always considered a hunk and good lover before I married her at 35. So, what is it about sexy and beautiful women? You writers always make them out to be cock-hungry sluts that want other men's attention outside of marriage. What happened to mine? Make me a story explaining my life so that I can understand why I wasted so many years on my loving little beauty. Paint me any way you want. I can handle being told I was pussyhipped! Yeah...I got issues!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
I usually sign my name but won't (for obvious reasons)...

My wife told me in 1998 that if I couldn't get it up any more we would just quit having sex. I offered oral whenever she wanted but she refused. She was in menopause at the time. Lucky me, I found a very nice lady that loved sex right about that time, we have been friends with benefits since that time. She went through menopause during these last 13 years but it did not diminish her sex drive at all, the only difference that I noted was that it took a little more foreplay to get her wet, this was not a problem for me, ever. I would have married my lady friend but it would cause my children and grandchildren to hate me, also my wife (who has been a good wife in all other ways). I loved your story, thank you for writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Wow!

When you write a story, the comments are so interesting! You write so close to reality, it's amazing. So many of your stories have touched so many people. Thank you so much for touching mine.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
YES RIGHT

About 45 or older my wife started,---EVIL is a woman on or in the so-called change of life. Sex, well so often. Women are FUCKED-UP. And, I MEAN FUCKED UP. What happen to the sweet thing you married who would fuck at the drop of a hat. The got blowned away. The saying goes---Adam should have took the snake and beat the shit out of Eve and stuck the APPLE up her ASS and walked away. I got porn now.

TavadelphinTavadelphinalmost 12 years ago
The picture painted was painfully real -

While my marriage had many other issues this one become an interesting pivot point - it eventually led to a complete breakdown of the relationship and an interesting side effect.

In another story Scorp found the "frigid" woman needed some other form of warm up to return to receptivity - my ex found her own - illicit sex and telling many lies through her teeth lol apparently that got her juices flow9ing - I found out confronted her and we were in divorce proceedings 2 weeks later - still took over a year to end the circus.

She got caught while I was out of town getting transplant on NYC she had turned in to one hell of a bitch - I missed the complete failure of all of our values being maintained but then I was still in love after 30 years - poor dumb sap heh.

Good story line good outcomes -

cliffhanger20cliffhanger20over 11 years ago
NOT EXACTLY A SCORCHED EARTH POLICY.......

But in this fantasy it worked. I loved the way it was written and the way the story flowed. But it just seemed too surreal to be believeably. Guess I'll have another beer. Oh ya I gave it a 5 cause there ain't no 10.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Real

You hit the nail on the head. Keep it up we need good writers. One of the comments I read said he gave it a 5 because there was no 10 I did to!!

BrettarnBrettarnalmost 11 years ago
One of your best

Scorpio manages to base the majority of his tales around true to life situations. This is probably one of the most realistic situations I've read of his to-date. I am mid 50's and can see so many facets. If only I had the courage of his protaganist - believe me I'm getting there.............

Yobo36Yobo36over 10 years ago
The BEST!!!

This is by far the best story on this site. Enough sex to satisfy the jaded, like me, and a story line that was/is AMAZING. I absolutely LOVED it. Alison was very brave.

Long live Nick & Alison!!!

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 10 years ago
They quit making movies I like anymore

This was a fantastic story. I'm only peeved right now, because I can't see it at cinema & then buy DVD. The latent discovery of non-marriage was a little hokey. That paled in light of fact that there were too many bases loaded home run quality scenes to count.

sdc92078sdc92078about 10 years ago
This wasn't just about menopause and sex

Nick allowed Amanda to run their entire marriage, right down to him fathering and raising three children when he really never wanted children at all. He allowed Amanda to raise their daughters to expect their husbands to cave to them the same way their father always did to her, and even to raise their son to be submissive to the point that his wife thought she could rule their marriage. The menopause and denial of sex was just Nick's wakeup call to the fact that Amanda probably never really loved him at all except as her emotional slave, and her attempt to marshall the rest of the women in the family to join her in her attempted powerplay when he finally grew a spine was the proof.

Marriage is supposed to be a partnership. A marriage in which one spouse anything to make the other happy is no partnership. If the person you are married to takes and takes and never gives, get out now before you waste your life.

MajorRewriteMajorRewriteabout 10 years ago
This story starts strong

But takes a dive into the loony bin. Unfortunate.

DonnaBeckDonnaBeckover 9 years ago
Sigh...

This story touched me, so I am going to comment. And not anonymously, even though what I say might be controversial. I have not read any other comments.

Fact or fiction? You said there was some truth in here. First let me address the age issue. The women were both born in 1968 but they are 60? And Allison's dad is 70? Yes, those things mattered to me. And the names. The names Allison and Amanda are too similar in length to both start with the same letter. But that is housekeeping.

Now the actual story has a lot of hostility towards women. The daughters in particular. Nick saying he never wanted them and just put up with them was...strange. Was he completely pussy whipped? Not having a say about anything in the house was okay until sex was cut off?

He was angry and it all happened too fast. The changes in the house after the birthday party were fine. How quickly he was able to find a soul mate was a little bit unnerving.

I do think you barely touched the idea that both women were the same age, yet one loved sex and one didn't. That is the truth. Thank you for pointing that out, but to reiterate, it is not just a menopausal issue or Allison would not have been a good mate either.

If I were to write this story out of my experience, it would be just the opposite. I could write about a very hot sexy woman who still loves sex, yet her husband has lost interest and won't do anything about it. If the woman took a man into her bedroom, this story would generate hate mail beyond beleif. It really is a sad story. I understand Nick's hurt, but he is so ...male about it and everything worked out just great for him, including the "Oh, you aren't really married thing." Was that necessary? That kind of sent it into fairytale mode and would not fly where I live and we have common law marraiges anyway.

This is by far the longest comment I have ever written. I guess that says it was a good story because it touched me. But I prefer to be touched in a very different way.

elcranko2008elcranko2008almost 9 years ago
good read

dear scorpio44a. glad you commented on the math error about the father. but i felt i must comment on one other math error. you have him as 62, and amanda and allison as 60. but said they were born in 1968, that would mean it is the year 2028.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Sad Cruel Story

This insensitive Husband didn't hear his wife's silent cries for help.

I'm so glad and happy I heard my wife's unspoken and well hidden cries in her really rude manner's at her long way to menopause.

Now there is happiness again besides a rare amount of sex.

Note: I'm no native english speaker. Please excuse wrong syntax and semantics.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
To the last Anonymous

You can't help people who won't allow you to help them, whether they be some kind of addict or have a mental or physical disorder. Unfortunately, the only people she talked to were the younger women in the family who would be ignorant of her condition, whom she rallied around her to gang up on the men, as if it were a tug of war, totally ignoring her dysfunctional status that caused the poor state of the marriage. She was the one who made the choice to offer breakfast to her husband's lover, rather than seek any kind of help for herself or the marriage. Sadly, as another commenter stated, he had previously let her have too much control over their lives, so she thought that he would tolerate no sexual contact as well. But when it's a situation that impacts your life so profoundly and the other person is not willing to budge an inch, all you can do is save yourself.

ReadyOneReadyOnealmost 6 years ago
Quite an Ordeal

When your wife goes crazy and won't acknowledge there is a problem in your relationship, what can you do?

In the story, Alison was there. I wish other men could have such a happy ending!

ReadyOneReadyOnealmost 6 years ago
Marriage Record Judo

BTW, where did Alison get the connection to make the marriage record disappear? Lovely trick!

(Remember her quick call "On the matter of Nick Peterson and Amanda, make it so. I'll transfer the money within the hour.")

jtwheelsjtwheelsover 4 years ago
Huh cheating not cheating married not married

Definitely twisted

Like or not

Kept me trying to decide well written

4 stars

MwestohioMwestohioalmost 3 years ago

Just a great story

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This story illustrate what a marriage or a relationship becomes without Mutuality and Reciprocity. The marriage and relationship becomes one-sided and usually toxic. Matt had pretty much let Amanda run the relationship throughout the years till she became spoiled and entitled and then one day she threw down the gauntlet and declared; "no more sex in this marriage, so suck it up Matt." Usually when the sex stops in the marriage the physicals displays of affection fall by the wayside as well until there's no love left either and the husband and wife just become roommates that just co-exist.

oldtwitoldtwitover 1 year ago

I liked the idea of this most of it was so well thought out especially the beginning and details of the menopause ( oh how true some of that is to me) not everyone has the same experience but well described, bit silly towards the end I felt you got feed up with writing it so just rushed it to the end

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

I kind of skimmed the opening paragraphs (sorry) but did the wife (Amanda) try hormone therapy or even check into it before cutting her husband off from sex? There are stories on Literotica about much better menopausal wives who are MUCH more understanding of the fact that just because their libido didn't rebound after the change, that their husband's was still in play, how would they feel if something happened to the husband's functionally and they were made to go without although they were still desirous of sexual activity?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous