All Comments on 'Men's Rights: Why I Fight'

by Samuelx

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Amen

I agree with your assessment of man-hating in America, at least. The marginalizing and prohibition of traditional and natural masculine traits and behaviors, especially in schools and universities is harmful to men and society. Male bonding is seen as childish at best, and chauvanistic barbarity at worst, by this controlling, feminized element of society that has taken over our educational system. The movie "Fight Club" captures this phenomena in America. God help us.

R M RoxingerR M Roxingerover 15 years ago
Excellent treatise on misandry

Once again, you've written something that I, as a male, can say amen to. I suppose my being white does afford me a little protection, although it seems to me that males of all races catch hell just for being male. But the main thing keeping me out of trouble is that I have never married, never had children, never even so much as had sex. I used to crave female companionship in my younger days (& to a lesser extent still do) but over all these years of being single I've come to see the bright side of living alone: I don't owe anyone a dime of alimony or child support, nor endure the nightmare of being falsely accused of rape. Even so, I vicariously feel the pain of my "brothers" who do, as I hear their stories on the radio shows of such MRAs as Glenn Sacks & Marc Rudov.

<p>Now that Barack Obama has chosen for his VP Joe Biden, author of the Violence Against Women Act of 1994 (commonly known as VAWA), I fear even more for the future of American/Western males. A male misandrist like Biden does more damage to our dignity than Andrea Dworkin or Catharine MacKinnon could ever hope to. And John McCain has been silent on issues affecting us, so either way we lose. Thanks again for breaking the silence!

SamuelxSamuelxover 15 years agoAuthor

Thanks for your comments, my brothers. Actually, we dont always lose. When we fight for our rights, we can win. But we can't win if we never stand up for ourselves. If we allow misandrists, sociopaths and manipulators to have their way, we shall never know peace. Best to wait our time, and gather our strength and resources to deliver a strike in the name of justice and true equality, especially at a time when they least expect it. Like when I called my university on their not advertising male varsity teams on campus posters. It violated the sacrosanct feminist rule of Title IX, and I used their own law against them. If we fight, we can win.

AnnOnymousFantasiaAnnOnymousFantasiaover 15 years ago
As a female

I agree as well. Not necessarily all of the issues you stated in the first paragraph, but certainly the male-hater thing. I suppose it's one thing to have a post-break-up man-bashing party with your girlfriends (or boyfriends, as the case may be) but just touting random drivel is nonsense. I truly believe it is much harder to be a man than a woman in this day and age, with everything about "girl power" and how "women can communicate better" and yet it being taboo for a man to express his feelings, etc. When I worked at the library, it astounded me how many self-esteem books there were for teenage girls (seemed like a million). Then there were about, oh, two, for guys. (And how many of THOSE girls' lives would have been made easier if teenage boys had some sort of guidance?)

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSamuelx@Samuelx
2138 Followers
I am Samuelx. I am Black. I am Male. I was born in Cap-Haitien, Northern Haiti, and raised in Brockton, Massachusetts. I now live in Canada. I am the one and only Haitian Trickster, and quite simply live only by my own rules. I...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES