Mercy Point Ch. 02

Story Info
Suspense, horror
955 words
3.7
7.8k
00

Part 2 of the 2 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 09/27/2005
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chapter 2: The Past Returns

Sierra drove toward the bridge, entering Mercy Point. They approached the statue of Lady Mercy, Sierra stopped her SUV, 10 feet from the statue, turned to her sister and motioned for her sister to get out.

"You need to let Mercy know you are here." Sierra said in a comforting voice.

Kennedy took a deep breath, and expelled it. She opened the passenger door, and got out of the vehicle, leaving the door open, she started to approach the statue, holding hope in her heart that mercy would welcome her back with open arms. She closed her eyes and reached for the book on Mercy's podium, and said " May I borrow this for a moment, please, Miss Mercy?" The book almost jumped into Kennedy's hands and a warm feeling of welcome slid through her body, as if Mercy was welcoming her home. Kennedy smiled, kissed the book, and placed it back on the podium. Kennedy happily returned to her sisters SUV and closed the door. "Okay we can proceed, I am welcome."

"Good" Sierra said, "I figured you would be, but you know we had to check"

Sierrra drove on toward her house, passing Grove Church, and the old cemetery sitting beside it. Sierra's home was located somewhat behind the old church. Sierra pulled her vehicle up into her driveway and turned the key off. She glanced over at her sister, smiling, and breathing a sigh of relief.

"Okay, let's get you settled in, then we can have some dinner." Sierra said in an air of cheerfulness.

Kennedy nodded. Now thoroughly confused as to what her sister had planned. She opened her door, and reached into the backseat, grabbing her suitcase, then cautiously exited the SUV, being careful not to drop her suitcase. She trembled as she walked up the staircase that lead to Sierra's home. Kennedy's thoughts raced as she opened the door to Sierra's place. Where is he? I know he's gone...Why did he go IN? Kennedy shook her head, and proceeded through the door.

"Your room is at the end of the hall, we would be staying downstairs in the main house, but I am having it remodeled at the moment" Sierra stated. "oh, okay." Kennedy replied.

Kennedy went to her room and started to unpack her suitcase. Meanwhile, Sierra started rummaging around in the kitchen for something to cook, she grabbed the frying pan and threw the ingredients in, when there was a sharp tapping at the door. oh, good grief, who could that be?

Sierra jogged to the door and peered through the peephole to see who was there, it was Preacher. ugh, not now, I don't want my sister interacting with him in her distraught state. What the hell was he doing? Watching my house to see when I returned? Sierra opened the door. Sighing, she placed a faux smile on her face.

"Good evening, again, Preacher" Sierra said almost through gritted teeth.

"I requested that you bring her to me, upon your arrival." Preacher said through glaring icy blue eyes.

"Preacher, we have just returned and I was going to bring her to you, upon putting some nourishment in her" Sierra said in an aggravated tone.

"Respect your elders, Child." Preacher seethed.

Kennedy having heard a voice other than her sisters in the kitchen, emerged from the bedroom to see what was happening. As she came into the light of the kitchen, she saw her former headmaster standing in the doorway. Her eyes lit up to see such a familiar face.

"Preacher!" Kennedy said happily, running to hug the tall, gangly man about his middle.

Preacher looked down upon this young, pale creature, with a warm, loving smile, and patted her mousey dark head, returning the embrace. Sierra was shocked to see such love and emotion flowing from this man who usually oozed of hellfire and damnation. You could have almost said that Preacher had a heart.

"That's enough of that foolishness, we need to talk, Kennedy" Preacher said quietly, "May I enter?"

Kennedy looked to her sister for approval, Sierra nodded and motioned for Preacher to come in and sit. Sierra returned to the kitchen to finish preparing dinner, leaving her sister and Preacher in limited privacy. Sierra heard the quiet deep tones of Preachers voice, for a fleeting moment , Sierra thought it was almost hypnotic; she momentarily forgot why she loathed this man so much. Snapping out of her trance, she finished dinner quickly and called her sister into the kitchen to eat. Kennedy responded by coming into the kitchen as if she hadn't a care in the world. Sierra looked at her sister with a strange fascination, wondering how she could be so calm, and almost childlike, after all she was going through.

"What are you two talking about," Sierra questioned her sister.

"I was just telling him, what happened to Eric, and he told me that I needn't worry because Eric knows how to handle himself in there," Kennedy said as if she were in a dream.

Sierra looked as if she had just been slapped. She couldn't believe that Preacher of all people would take this disappearance so lightly, when you went into the rim, you were not ever seen again, or at least not for half a century, which in most peoples life times, is never again. Sierra was absolutely floored at the concept of her sister acting in such a nonchalant manner. "Did he say anything else?" Sierra queried

"Yes," Kennedy said shoveling food into her mouth.

"And…What was that?" Sierra asked impatiently.

"That the rim was about to open back up…" Kennedy said trailing off as she walked out of the kitchen.