All Comments on 'Military Spouse Survivor Benefits'

by fregen

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
OccamspiledriverOccamspiledriverover 13 years ago
Thanks

Thanks for putting out the information. The lack of knowledge displayed by the genreal public about there armed forces is saddening and frustrating at times.

Yes, the death of a service member is tragic but the military does not leave the family out to dry and they shold be no where near distitute as they hav eoften been portrayed.

The VA of course is another story and serves as an example (as does the military active duty system) of what we all could expect should we ever have a single payer government run style healthcaer system imposed on us.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Outstanding

I am an active duty service member and I even learned a few things to share with my spouse. Excellent post and thanks for sharing and giving me peace of mind about future deployments.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Military benefits

If true, benefits have really improved since my retirement in 1970. AND, that is good news. It sure beats what we got during WWII, Korea, ans Viet Nam.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
I'm sure a lot of civilians.....

...read Porn stories to fully appreciate the sacrifice of the Armed Forces and the intricacies of its welfare systems.

You need to get out more.

steven857steven857almost 9 years ago
almost

Benefits for dependent children do not stop at 18 if the child attends college. Also the military appoints a Soldier to attend the surviving spouse and assist with all paper that individual needs to complete and it at their beck and call for 365 days. Also SGLI id double if due to combat.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
A very good explanation. Thank you, fregen!

Erotic story writers are constantly trying to come up with a set of unusual circumstances where fantasies become reality.

fregen never said that service members' wives are off-limit to be characters in erotic stories. Many wives will cheat in right circumstances. It is up to the writers to put his or hers characters in the right situation.

LilacQueen15LilacQueen15about 4 years ago
Thanks!

Excellent information! I had wondered in a few stories where the money was.

Would this be paid to an acknowledged illegitimate child?

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanover 1 year ago

thanks. I have read a few stories about "destitute" spouses and thought it was wrong, now I know.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous

story TAGS

SIMILAR Stories

Tuff as Nails 
4.72
462
349
Bandit 
4.9
651
264
The Hacker 
4.82
504
138
The Promise 
4.9
2.3k
636
The Rehab 
4.91
2.8k
1.1k
More Stories