All Comments on 'Mine...Yours Pt. 08'

by payenbrant

Sort by:
  • 40 Comments
superfeluously_esuperfeluously_eover 9 years ago
Good God!!!!!!!!!!

It's so deep!!!!!!!!! All these twist and turns. I feel like a fighter jet streaking through the grand canyon then suddenly plunging into the Mariana trench. :) This is one of my favorite stories on here. It's a beautiful story :)

Honestly, did you really get death threats? LOL

While I love the character of Greg (that's my name so how could I not?), I don't understand why he, or you, the writer, allows himself to simply pass off important details pertaining to his and Lucretia's relationship. For example, it's obvious he deeply cares and loves for her. Because this is so, why didn't he have Gwen finish her story about the only other time and outsider fully bounded and became an insider? This to me would be very important to him to know and understand.

Also if there came a time that Greg set Lucretia free, if it were true that because there souls (green and blue mountain dew) were mixed and then put back into both their bodies, that not only would Lucretia change, but so would Greg, right? If all the previous changes between the two became erased, Lucretia would go back to becoming the icy predator, and wouldn't Greg go back to being a more social inept hulk of what he is now, maybe even making his current training all for nothing? If Lucretia lost all her human traits because of this, wouldn't Greg's inner justice, inner child, (was there another one?), go back inside that vault again? I ask these questions because I think Greg has changed and even if the part of Lucretia's soul leaves him, he has evolved into the person he is now. I think the same would hold true for Lucretia...Just my opinion.

Is this soul mixing the only way that Lucretia has changed and refrained from becoming the predator to her prey, Greg? Didn't Gwen say in their family/friend meeting that this soul mixing was the first time it has ever happened? If so, how did the other outsider that Gwen tried to tell Greg about, become an insider?

Also (I know I have lots of questions because this story is becoming my Odyssey) this story started with a month passing. What happened to Greg's inner mage that still hasn't been released? Surely with all his training some sort of dream/conversation would come between the two? Is it because this inner mage hasn't been released that his powers are so short-ranged?

Keep doing what you do! This story rocks. My aforementioned questions are more so just for me as I try to organize my thoughts about this chapter :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
YES

I don't know what to say.... great.

maxd01maxd01over 9 years ago
You rat fink

I was getting ready to come back with some snippy town replies and then you tossed that ending at me. I am going to sit here and pout for a while. Just because I am now officially grumpy I am going to toss in a bit of a snip.

First Twilight as a comedy? Come on man you could have done better than that. Something like Twilight is an abomination that was foisted off on the innocent (well may not innocent) minds of hormonal teens.

Next snippy comment... Roofie Spit? Really? Are you crazy? Why not Roofie Earwax or Roofie sweat? Sheesh (eyeroll) And you said you were creative, yah, right...

Now I will admit the scene at the end was very moving and showed a great deal of emotion to work that our. Now who the hell is her Papa? I am almost scared to find out...

bearsladybearsladyover 9 years ago

Happy squirm in my chair! More of this incredible story. Cloudy, cool, rainy day...big bowl of popcorn, soft blanket and I'm snuggled in to be transported to Greg/Lucretia land. Loved the beautiful warm fuzzy ending.

Excellent chapter again (despite Maxd's sniping....snicker) and welcome back after your month vacation.

redlion75redlion75over 9 years ago

I never thought of my daughters dancing and singing like that before. now I feel bad for the times I told her to sit down or stop singing or getting in my way when I was busy with my own thing. she is 14 now and lives with her mother and never wants to see or talk to me as she sees me as the bad guy who only tells her no.

kuroukiphoenyxkuroukiphoenyxover 9 years ago
i went from

Laughing to crying to laughing to introspection to quiet smile.

This was worth the wait.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

If Gwen's description of what happen during the bonding, and I am aware that is a big if, then it seems unlikely breaking the bond would revert the changes. Splitting mixed drinks is practically impossible ;) Wonder wether Mother is that other fully bound succubi... after all she expressed love for her daughter and she was very happy with what Greg did. Anyway, great story, eagerly awaiting the next installment.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
awesome

Keep on writing my friend I cannot wait to read the next chapter

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
So much insight. Thank you for writing so well.

I really enjoyed this so far.

Well done.

Dutchgirl82Dutchgirl82over 9 years ago

I love the story, but I especially loved what the father said about being the example of what husband the daughter would look for, and wanting her to find a man who stops what he's doing and pays her attention. I haven't commented to this story yet, I think, but that little conversation touched my heart.

MarieLyneMarieLyneover 9 years ago
Beautiful

Of course the rest of the chapter was wonderful (I love that they've gotten to the next step and told each other they care for the other) but that last part really was beautiful. What a wonderful thing for a father to say. It's a terrific lesson, and it made me smile.

Thank you for this beautiful piece. Five stars.

GoesGruntGoesGruntover 9 years ago
A Terrific Lesson!

Congratulations son, now you know you aren't as important to your father as your little sister is. She is allowed to interrupt whatever you may be doing to capture daddy's attention all for herself, but you aren't even allowed to express your discontent.

Sid0604Sid0604over 9 years ago
Thank you...

I'm thoroughly enjoying your story and looking forward to the next chapter. Thank you for sharing.

lmarkolmarkoover 9 years ago
gr8

wow, i have read all the chapters in a day, and just wow, looking forward to the next chapters

new_readernew_readerover 9 years ago

Dude, could you please make Greg stop acting like a moron already, he's 33 for fuck's sake. I can't understand why you still have him acting like a retarded teenager, it ain't funny anymore.

ramblingrobinramblingrobinover 9 years ago
Yays

You got some kind of jerky comments, yeesh. I think it's a great story. I'm enjoying it very much and look forward to seeing what will happen next. I'm interested in how jealous Lucretia will be when Hilda comes into the picture again. I'm interested in all kinds of other things too but I'm too tired to write them all out right now. I usually just leave stars not reviews, but this one was worth writing a review for. Good work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
excellent expression of love

This is a beautiful amazing story and is a adored by many 😊

To the person that is unhappy with the way Greg is portrayed... Please elaborate because many other users have expressed that they are unsure what your concern is, please help us as very happy fans of the author and the author understand your dismay, because without just reason it just appears you are looking for something to have a negative response to...

Please keep writing I have falling in love with this story which is completely out of my normal genre which speaks tons of your incredible skill. This would male a great book or movie 🎬 🎥 📚 ❤ 💝

willieonewillieoneover 9 years ago
Papa?

Mmm! I am thinking her father is Zeus since he hit her with a lightning bolt to show his love for his baby girl!

willieonewillieoneover 9 years ago
BTW

When do we get the next chapter???

EchobunnyEchobunnyover 9 years ago
Stunned

So as to keep the loop holes as small in number as possible, all I can think to say so far is "Thank You! " I'm someone's daughter and mother, the message in this installment is one of the most profound. Thank you.

GoesGruntGoesGruntover 9 years ago
Waiting Hopefully

Trying to wait patiently for the next installment and killing time. So I looked back at the latest chapter. In reading the comments complaining about Greg's reaction to things, about him somehow being "stupid" or immature, I have to wonder if the commentator has any idea what being abused does to someone.

Yep, abused! Not only by his ex-girlfriend and the legal system, but obviously by his father as well. His father who seriously over-reacted to his mother being touched by someone simply trying to get across their significant and justified concern for their son. His father who emotionally abused him for being disappointed that his father found his sister more important than him. The signs are there...

steven857steven857over 9 years ago
Great Story

This is my favorite story. I do hope to see this as a published book series in the future. I really see major potential and wanted to thank you for your effort in telling this story. It is much appreciated.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Damn

Came here looking for some somewhat decent porn, found a mostly platonic story that I couldn't put down. I spent about 2 hours laying on my bed, transfixed by the story you created. Well played.

vecxuxalanavecxuxalanaover 9 years ago
nice story

cool story but seriously i am expecting the next chapter

And let me say this, is the best story i have read on lit . and guy don't border about the part of there not been sex i mean the fucking and all dat it doesn't really have much to do with the votes and viewing u get cause man the story is even more captivating compared to most stupid movies about wolfs and vamps. so keep it up.....

maxd01maxd01over 9 years ago
Yo all

I briefly talked to Payen for a few minutes today. Work has been hell for him since before turkey day and will be till sometime early next month. He has barely had time to get online so I figured I would toss this in for him. He is close to being done with the next chapter but wants to do some changes. With his work schedule it is taking longer than expected.

I have to admit I was pouting some as well since I had wanted to work on another fan fic with him based on my Silver Moon series. It is a christmas story but he has been to busy for even that. In any case even though patients is hard he is going to continue this.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Waiting...

Come on man! It's 2015 and I'm still waiting!!!!

SkAoUtSkAoUtover 9 years ago
Sweet story!

I have enjoyed the whole series so far. You're a master story teller. I do wonder why you didn't file this in the non erotic fiction section? As I've yet to come across any sexual interactions between characters apart from some heavy kissing (sure there was an orgy close to the beginning but no description was provided that made it in any way erotic).

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Really enjoying the Story

Please keep writing.

I read the comment that you were very busy And I understand how that goes, Happens to me too.

Just please know we are still eager to read more of the story and we will wait for it.

Ramjet

KayakbabeKayakbabeabout 9 years ago
Thank you for the lesson

Thank you for the lesson in relationships and teaching the young.

ClunketyClunketyalmost 9 years ago
Whoa.

This is the best chapter so far. It's coherent and streamlined. I was starting to wonder why Mother asked Greg to be Lucrecia's teacher. He admits he knows nothing about women and teaches her narrow minded lessons of what he thinks a woman should be. I do agree with someone else's comment about Greg's father. I admit I did feel the underlining lesson he was teaching was that he favored the sister over Greg, and I'm not sure this was the intension. ALL children need to feel seen, whether they are girls or boys. I see the point and how heartfelt it was supposed to be, but I think it needed just a little more to hit the mark.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
great!

so much in this chapter... beautiful

JasonRTaylorJasonRTaylorover 8 years ago
Outstanding insights

I know that almost no character in the story is human (Greg's mom? He and his father technically being human, but also mages) yet the non-human tag seems so unfairly narrow.

I see 'Mine... Yours' as one of my all time favorite romances.

Just thought I'd share, and once again thank you for sharing your time and talent.

Jason

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Roofie spit.

Awesome.

MuledriverMuledriverabout 8 years ago
Seriously readers?

Ok.... I agree with the possibility that Zeus is Papa.

I LOVE rufied spit!!!!!! I thought it was perfect lmfao.

Now... Immature and what else was mentioned? Greg has been abused by the bipolar ex, wrongly accused and convicted, and further abused by the State, and "vigilante" types. He has locked parts of his psyche away to survive the incarceration and subsequent parole. It seemed to me he planned on putting his "head" back together and trying to be "normal" once his supervision was completed. You try being mentally and physically abused, unjustly incarcerated, and so forth and see how you make decisions. ...

And now "daddy".... What I see in the last scene (flashback) is Daddy teaching his son how to be a parent. (I have failed miserably like someone else mentioned) It hasn't come up yet, but I get the impression that dad also took the time to completely stop what he was doing and gave 100% attention to Greg when needed. Dad has not given signs that I have seen that Greg was ever ignored.

On to Dad being "overly" protective with his MATE..... I believe he specifically used the word MATE. If you have read were stories MATES are sacrosanct and the will not tolerate abuse or disrespect of their mates. Whether mate applies in their marriage or not, he used terminology that Jemima would instinctively understand. It also appears that dad might possibly have the "power" to back up the warning. As I recall Jemima was in the process of attempting to "shove" mom out of the way to get to Lucy (?), and dad stopped the "disrespect".

I have a small advantage, in that I just started reading this last night. Everything is fresh in my mind.

Think bigger picture, outside the box, put all the clues together. Used knowledge gained from other stories for "cultural background" information. If previous information doesn't fit with this story, move past it and adapt to how this story is written.

Maybe I am rare in that I take everything I have read and build my own knowledge base, personal belief system.

Now, to the Payen, I am loving your quirky way of Greg telling his story. Lol.

Just please (editors also) figure out the difference of their, there (haven't seen that messed up yet), and they're (all thru it).... And please, if two people speak, DIFFERENT paragraphs PLEASE. .... LOL It gets confusing at times when two people "speak" in the same paragraph. ... (I hope as I get caught up, this last paragraph was not needed. ..)

Good job, keep it up. ....

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Greg's sister

We've seen a number of small mentions of Greg's sister, but absolutely no indication of what her current state is, other than that she visited Greg's house and left some clothes at some point. When are we going to meet her?

TayJK

Tayjk42@gmail.com

payenbrantpayenbrantabout 8 years agoAuthor
Sister....

"Sister...you're feelings have betrayed her too!" Yes...Darth Vader quote.

I cannot say. When I get to the end I am going to be answering a lot of questions the story doesn't answer. Actually, more than half of the questions I get are NOT story related surprisingly enough.

As for the sister? Will we meet her? That would be telling wouldn't it? =-)

Sincerely,

Payenbrant

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Re: Sister

Honestly, up until when this part first came out, I was afraid you had forgotten Greg had a sister.

However, with some of things Greg noticed but didn't inquire about, with the perspective of the latest part, I am now confident that you have a plan. No plot threads left behind!

TayJK

Tayjk42@gmail.com

Admiralbird348Admiralbird348about 7 years ago

Thank you for the gift of your writing:)

Ed

kvalentinekvalentineabout 3 years ago

Who's your daddy? (Sorry, couldn't resist.)

mzkatzeyz2mzkatzeyz210 months ago

Dear author, what I find most interesting about your story is that you know how and when you can break the fourth wall. Each time Greg speaks to me (his audience) I get a thrill. You are the master and I bow down to you. Namaste

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous