All Comments on 'Miz Sarah Wins One, Loses Another'

by FrancisMacomber

Sort by:
  • 71 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Fantastic Story!!

I hope you write some more chapters with Miz Sarah because it was a very refreshing take on the whole LW section. Thanks for writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
2 for the price of 1

Terrific story, enjoyed both storylines, 5 stars

lokiloslokilosover 12 years ago
Very nice!

You just keep coming up with great stuff. And this double shot, while short, was very nicely done. Good work.

NucleusNucleusover 12 years ago
From Germany

Well done Sir.

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
ANOTHER WINNER

F.M. has 3 published stories. With the MIZ SARAH series, the author has scored a HUGE hit with this character. This is related to the JESSICA FLETCHER OR MISS MARPLE Series and novels. Keep up the good work, your stories are not only fun but enjoyable to read. TK U MLJ LV NV PS I look forward to be reading several more in the near future.

dinkymacdinkymacover 12 years ago
Super

story. Thanks!!!

AeroielAeroielover 12 years ago
Very enjoyable read

Great storyline, great characters, and well written.

I look forward to your next one(s)..nudge, nudge, wink, wink

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
How can you not like Miz Sarah?

You've got a great character there, and your use of dialogue and regional (Southern) allusions makes these stories fun to read. I do think Miz Sarah stepped over the ethical lines that she claims to respect, when she acted essentially as the lawyer/investigator for the divorce respondent (the husband) in Adele's case. Her sole duty as a lawyer was to make the best possible case for Adele. It's okay for her to be suspicious of the PI's phony "report" and to refuse to rely on it on behalf of Adele. But she went far beyond that and actually made the case for Adele's husband. Adele needs another lawyer now to sue Miz Sarah for legal malpractice, or at least to file an ethics complaint against her. "Justice" may have been done, but Miz Sarah is neither the judge nor God!

ILienBagbyILienBagbyover 12 years ago
Wish I could

give this story 10 stars (a five for each of the separate stories). Make that a 15(an other 5 for creating a wonderful character in Miz Sarah. Hold it, make that a 20 (of course, for Cindy).

Please, please Francis Maccomber, please continue with the series! Oh, I wish I could have voted a 25...(20 is just not adequate recompense for the pleasure offered by your submissions).

db1044db1044over 12 years ago
Top Notch

To quote Montgomery Burns, "Excellent." One of the best I have read on this site.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 12 years ago
Cliched Stories but charm of Honeyed Narrative saves literary day

Wellll !!! I must say that is I MUST SAY! I do declare.This one is running on honeysuckle fumes: idea-wise. ... OK enough of the Foghorn Leghorn channeling- it was good but fresh ? Ehhhh. Not-so-much . It is clearly the author's fault for setting such a high standard with the fust' Miss.Sarah story. I respectfully commend the author to a cursory read of Harper Lee bio that just came out or You Tube some Paula Dean if time presses. At least I'll stand to gain a recipe for Peach cobbler pie with the next Cindy has near nip slip and gives Miss Sarah' the vapors' yarn.

winterfoxxwinterfoxxover 12 years ago
I for one certainly look forward to see more of Miz Sarah!

Love how you're made this at least a mini-series and encourage you to continue the series. You have a great character and there's certainly lots of possibilities for Miz Sarah to poke her nose into. Character certainly shares traits with some other characters noted by other commenters ... and if Miz Sarah continues to develop her skills as a character ... she'll start to look like a "civil" female version of Matlock!

I do agree with the one poster about the client/attorney privilege issue. Anything she dug up while still "retained" by her client should have been protected. She certainly was under no obligation to casually mention to opposing counsel that an arrest was made at the motel/cabins.

With that little nitpick out of the way ... well done and thank you!

SKHPSKHPover 12 years ago
Please continue wit this series...

I like the old bat and her assistants.

Having read the first installment, I exspected that Miz Sarah would have to look for a new assistant once again by the end of this story.

The last one (Emily) got very fond of the betrayed husband in that divorce-case...

By the way: 5* from me

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
funny to read but not erotic

good style good writing nice plot but for sure nothing erotic. think about it and where you write.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Wrong category

I gave it three stars as a Loving Wives story. Would have been wothy of at least 4 in Non-Erotic.

SW_MO_HermitSW_MO_Hermitover 12 years ago
Loved It

I really like a lite read like this occasionally. Well written and enjoyable throughout. It's great when only the guilty get the shaft and even better when we find a story with an attorney that isn't slightly slimy!

Like an earlier commenter, I, too, would like to hear more from Miz Sarah.

EspressoBolusEspressoBolusover 12 years ago
Forst rate story, well told!

Great characters and a nice story. I loved the legal, detective angle.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

Loved it! More adventures of Miz Sarah And Cindy please. :-)

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Love it

and I think its in the right category. some would suggest Non- Erotic, but i've read so many stories w/ lots of sex in it but it was never erotic. if those stories are not in non-erotic category, then this story is surely is in the right category.

jiminabjiminabover 12 years ago
More please

Loved this second Miz Sarah story. Any story that makes me laugh gets a 5; and that last sentence just broke me up. LOL many times. Thanks for the read. Jim

MarvinSMarvinSover 12 years ago
More Please

Please write some more Miz Sarah stories!

HarryHaversackersHarryHaversackersover 12 years ago
Excellent!

I'll certainly be watching for more or your stories.

Very, very entertaining... Lots of fun.

MadBrownMadBrownover 12 years ago
YOU DON'T MESS WITH MIZ SARAH!

Great story. Gave it a well deserved 5. Keep on writing!

chytownchytownover 12 years ago
Great Read!!!!!!!

Your writing is fun to read!! Thanks for sharing.

MissouriUSAMissouriUSAover 12 years ago
I agree with chytown!

It was an entertaining story.

I would like to see an "aftermath" story where we see how things turn out with Michael and their daughter. It would also be nice to have a little better understanding about why Adele went off the deep end.

Thanks for sharing the story.

MissouriUSA

patricia51patricia51over 12 years ago
I LOVE Miz Sarah

What a marvelous character you have created and how lovely to find her in another very entertaining story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Keep On Trucking

Keep up the good work. I really like your stories.

cpetecpeteover 12 years ago
Another great story!

Where did this come from? Well done and great series!

brujaybrujayover 12 years ago
Miz Sarah is a hoot!

Fun read. Keep them coming!

MacdaKnightMacdaKnightover 12 years ago

Miz Sarah is awesome. Please keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Sex story???

I liked the story, it was well written, but I'm not sure this is the web site where it should be posted. It has a very small part about the sexual side of things. "Hey, I'm just saying"

thebulletthebulletover 12 years ago
Miss Marple's American cousin

this series is like a breath of fresh air. Miz Sarah is a character worth knowing. She has a fresh viewpoint and her stories have been consistent throughout.

The genteel old lady with a heart of gold and a mind of steel worked well for Agatha Christie and works for FrancisMacomber too.

I will be watching for the future adventures of Miz Sarah. Hell, I'm still waiting for the next Miss Marple story.

I'm glad the author has graced Literotica with these stories, even though the quality of this work is far above Lit standards.

This is the kind of work you read while wrapped in a sweater and sitting in a rocker next to a fireplace on a cold evening.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Loved the Miz Sarah stories and loved them being set in Hotlanta.

Since I lived in and around Hotlanta several years in the early eighties. I prefer a lot of explicit sex in my stories but was delighted with these even without the sex.

bruce22bruce22over 12 years ago
Great Characters

What a nicely unethical lawyer though I believe it is a rule that lawyers must report felonies by their clients.. Anyway who expects that in Storyland PC will rule? This is one fine author!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
What BS

These "Miz Sarah" stories are about as interesting, and enjoyable, as watching an old black and white episode of Perry Mason from the 50s. Or watching paint dry, for that matter. I read this one because they are all rated over 4.5, even though I didn't care for the first one ("Miz Sarah Strikes Back"). I decided to give them one more chance. Enough. They are slow moving and never go anywhere interesting. I am truely mystified by the voting on this site. The worse the story, the higher the score, it seems. Actually, this author's recent story "Suspicious Minds", which at the time I'm writing this has a score of only 4.17, was better than this "Miz Sarah" story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
sheesh

"I am truely mystified by the voting on this site. The worse the story, the higher the score, it seems." In other words, you're in a snit with the universe because not everybody likes the same stories you like. Get over yourself.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Wouldn't she get disbarred?

This was a pretty borking story with characters that were unlikable at best.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
"Borking"?

This might be an interesting comment, depending upon what "borking" means. Maybe some of the commenters should get editors before they make submissions.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
maybe the wrong venue

These are decently written stories, but I do not think that Literotica is the best site for them. I think that you should explore submission to some magazines, or some of the Mystery magazines. The characters are quirky enough that they could support a novel. Please keep up with your writing; you are a very competent storyteller.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Nice but ...

She was the attorney of record for the ditz. EVERYTHING she learned was covered by the attorney/client privilege. She is on the ethics committee, she'd be blackballed big time. All she needed to do was have her cop friend supply the evidence.

Also, I am not sure, but I don't think a spouse can lock out the other party w/o a court order. These in California are TSO, which are heard ASAP. Without evidence it would be revoked.

TavadelphinTavadelphinalmost 12 years ago
A ,lot of fun there -

The series is developing well -

The idea it does not belong on Lit? Maybe but it does have the sex component and it is definitely right for loving wives - in both directions - serious and hypocritical - so I am good with it LOL

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
More more

More more

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Miz Sarah

Love her.

Danger09Danger09about 11 years ago
I think Mz. Sarah should hook up the betrayed spouses with other betrayed spouses

For example Michael & Emmy would make a beautiful couple & since they both been burned by a cheating spouse they could comfort each other .. Just saying...

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 11 years ago
Loved it

This was a thing of beauty.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
I'm not a lawyer

But one could tell you how much you've stretched suspension of disbelief. A lawyer calling the cops on her own client with privileged info? No, kills the story; and I love your work otherwise.

ResidentWeavilResidentWeavilover 10 years ago
Also not a lawyer but...

Anon.

Lawyers are officers of the court and witnessing crime in progress falls outside of privilege I believe. So the wife could have confessed after the fact and it would be privileged but as an officer of the court, the lawyer had to act on direct knowledge of the crime in progress. Otherwise, the system would prevent the lawyer from calling in about a client about to kill everyone in the office.

tazz317tazz317over 10 years ago
#2 FOR A LAWYER 50% IS NOT A GOOD NUMBER

however in the stat column she has a 99%....TK U MLJ LV NV

KarenEKarenEalmost 10 years ago
I'm Also Not A Lawyer, But...

A plot point I have seen several time is the wife getting a restraining order keeping the father from the kids pending settlement.

I would think a half-way decent attorney could get that lifted almost immediately unless there was verifiable evidence of potential harm to the child(ren).

retmstrretmstrabout 9 years ago
*****

Very good story, Fran! I enjoyed it immensely. Good numbers with the title are well deserved. Cheers!

Rhsc1Rhsc1about 9 years ago
A really

Entertaining series. I have now read them all and hope you may have thoughts to resurrect Miz Sarah at some point in the future...this could be a book!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Had me hooked all the way through

Really well done, keep up the good work

sbrooks103sbrooks103over 8 years ago
Thought

“at least I found out the truth before Adele ruined my name” – Actually she already DID ruin his name! Hopefully he can now get it restored, but there will still always be doubters.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 8 years ago
Second time through...

An awesome series.

EMiamiRiverRatEMiamiRiverRatover 6 years ago
Whatcha ya gonna do with her?

Marry her off, of course. Great story. I loved the entire Miz Sarah series and could read a few dozen more of her and her revolving door of capable assistants. 5*

Ocker51Ocker51over 6 years ago
Miz Sarah

Great series, keep them coming ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

tazz317tazz317over 6 years ago
SOMETIMES TO WIN CONVINCINGLY

small sacrifices must be made, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
CINDY INCIDENTALLY.

EXCELLENT SERIES, IM ONLY TWO STORIES IN AND CANT WAIT TO READ THE REST, I THINK THE CINDY CHARACTER IS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT FROM HER PREDECESSOR AND MORE FUN, 5*****.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
What an interesting tale.

Not sure where the author gets all these spouse cheating/divorce stories ??

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago

Another great story. I can’t believe that this is the last one. What a great series, excepting the first one, of stories.

GormleyGormleyabout 3 years ago

Just finished reading the whole series and I thoroughly enjoyed it. As such I am going to save your profile to my favourites in the hopes that someday you may continue with it. Anyway I'm going checkout some of your other stories now. So keep up the excellent work

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 3 years ago

How can Adele lock him out of the house without a court ruling?

Cringo31Cringo31over 2 years ago

I am really enjoying this character and this series of stories. I can’t wait to read them all

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Miz Sarah's internal monolog is great.

usaretusaretover 1 year ago

Another very interesting tale.

NudeInMaineNudeInMaine9 months ago

Sarah needs to have a sit down face to face chat with Cindy about her office attire. Now if I were Cindy, I’d probably be wearing a mid length skirt or sundress, and no underwear. But that’s just me.

tsgtcapttsgtcapt5 months ago

Great story, liking the series effect. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I have read each of the Sara stories and I really, really liked them. PLEASE continue these stories!!!

AnonymousAnonymous18 days ago

Excellent

strawboystrawboy13 days ago

I very much enjoyed the Miz Sarah series. Well done, FrancisMacomber.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous