Modern Fairy Tales Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
slyc_willie
slyc_willie
1,347 Followers

Mother rose from the bench, unsure of why she felt a touch of intimidation. It was the way her children were smiling, as if they knew something she did not. That idea alone was enough to make her nervous. Then there was the mention of the pie . . . .

"I just might do that," Mother said, backing toward the door. "But, it, uh, looks like ya'll're closin' . . . ."

"Good night, Mother," the twins said together, watching the woman leave.

"Think we should'a told her?" Gretel asked her brother.

Hansel smirked. "Nah. I got a feeling she'll find out right soon enough what the Potion o' th' Ugly Heart does."

Gretel chuckled. "Too bad it's permanent, huh?"

"Yep. Too bad."

***

Outside in the parking lot, Mother leaned against the Cadillac, catching her breath. Although she could not rid her mind of the thought that her disenfranchised children had done something to her food -- most likely spiked it with a laxative or somethin' -- the fact that she was away from them gave her some relief.

Well, good for them, she thought. But I definitely ain't never comin' back t' this place.

Behind her, she heard one of the men from inside the diner clearing his throat. Mother perked at the sound. Hmm. Perhaps this won't be a total loss after all, she thought and turned about, mustering her best seductive smile.

"'Scuse me an' all, ma'am," began the stocky man as he stood beside his Ford pickup. "But I was wonderin' if ya -- oh! Lordy Jesus!" he exclaimed, face twisted in an expression of disgust. He fumbled with his keys, running around to the driver's side of the truck. Mother heard him make retching noises before he managed to jerk open the door. Tires screeched upon gravel, making the woman shield her face from flying debris as the truck sped away.

"Well!" she sputtered. "That was just rude!" No, I definitely ain't comin' back this way.

Then she turned and caught her own reflection in the darkened windows of the now-closed diner.

And screamed in terror upon beholding the most hideous, disgusting vision of ugliness she would ever witness. It was a scream so cacophonous that windows rattled and small animals fled. A scream that only ended when the world's ugliest woman finally surrendered to horror-born unconsciousness.

Within the diner, the twins shared a triumphant look as they gazed out through the windows. "Ya know, that felt better'n I thought it would," Hansel said.

Gretel inhaled deeply, then let it out. "Guess it was only right an' just that Mother'd come see us sooner or later," she said. She touched her brother's arm. "Time for bed?"

Hansel smiled, taking Gretel's hand. "Time for the rest of our life t' start," he said.

Hand in hand, the twins turned and headed back through the diner, ultimately to their rooms beyond the kitchen. Their hearts felt lighter and their future more clear. Only time would tell what would befall Hansel and Gretel. But one thing was for certain . . . .

They lived happily ever after.

slyc_willie
slyc_willie
1,347 Followers
1...345678