Mondo and Mulholland

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Yeah but you better make another door sign, 'Back in fifty minutes'.

"Oooh."

CHAPTER 2

Over breakfast Mae decided it appeared she was enjoying herself. She liked a man with humor who teased, er moderately. She was also aware Rivers had taken a big risk agreeing to her coming into his fledging business, another mouth to feed off it and it could be a struggle as times were tough for businesses. He would have figured out he might make it by being frugal, positive and working with just a low-paid assistant. Well she had a business degree, not that she'd told him that. It was up to her to more than pull her weight. It was likely he'd be good for her; she needed someone.

Milly Jones of Milly's Café where they were breakfasting had been delighted at being introduced to her and had said, unabashed, "Oh I am glad Rivers has found female company at last. I have been worried about him."

Mae wondered if Milly had helped Rivers from time to time in his loneliness. Although she was older she had personality to burn and looked attractive enough.

"You too must come over for a meal with Reg and me," Milly breezed before darting off to attend to a call from the kitchen.

"Reg Miller is her husband," Rivers said, confirming what Mae had already assumed. "She's always been friendly to me but never this friendly. Obviously she sees you as a good match for me."

Mae smiled. Well that 'never this friendly' comment appeared to answer whether Milly had shared her body with Rivers. "What does Reg do?"

"Works for Stratton and Thomas."

God that was so typical of men. Where were the details?

Next morning Milly invited them to dinner on Saturday. Reg was in his late forties, as was Milly, and proved to be a genial host. He plied them with liquor and Mae and Reg talked quietly together as if they were planning an affair.

On the short walk home Mae said, "I'm a bit drunk."

"Me too. Milly said she and Reg always relax on Saturdays and hit the booze at night so tend not to invite prim friends around. She thought you would be a bit of a goer."

"Oooh, at sex?"

"No you tease, at socializing. She says Reg likes to go to a late movie on Saturday afternoon. They come home, have sex and then eat a slow-cooked meal from the oven and get slowly drunk."

"She told you they have sex?"

"Yes."

"God, the things women talk about."

"What things?"

Rivers threw up his free hand helplessly. "I don't know, stuff."

"Well I talked to him about his work. Did you do that?"

"No, we chatted about our favorite beers and sport."

"And women?"

"I guess they were mentioned."

"You guess? I guess you call that men's talk?"

"Yeah."

They fell into a clinch laughing drunkenly.

As they walked on Mae seemed to sober a bit. "As a result of talking to Reg intently he's agreed to attempt to talk to top management about us being invited to do an appraisal of the company's operations."

"What?"

"Yes an appraisal. Young Mr Thomas is seventy-two and Mr Stratton is seventy-eight. Their business has remained virtually unchanged for almost fifty years. It supplies all kinds of imported gardening equipment to garden centers and hardware stores and horticultural supplies plus compost, lime, fertilizers... you name it."

"So it's a big operation."

"Very big," according to Reg. "It employs seventy people and has a turnover of around nine million but profitability is poor because systems are antiquated and margins are unrealistic."

"I'm not surprised."

"Well let's wait to hear back from Reg. Come on, I'll race you home; I need sex."

Fortunately it was only a twenty-five yard dash. Mae got away to a start and Rivers allowed her to win, knowing he couldn't catch her anyway.

He kissed her in the elevator to the fifth floor and said she showed great looking legs when she ran.

"Oooh."

They had quick visits to the bathroom and when Rivers came out he found her fully dressed rather than sprawled in bed with her knees up and legs spread wide.

"What?"

"I thought you might enjoy undressing me. I'm wearing my best underwear."

"Oh are you?"

Mae sighed. "God men, I was walking around in it when you were shaving before we went out."

"I know," he smiled. "Mirrors aren't blind. Anyway I didn't want to make us late and you arriving still dripping..."

"Yuk please don't."

Rivers calmed her with a very long kiss and stroking her bared back and then reached around to cup a breast and squeeze.

"Ohmigod," Mae wheezed.

He unzipped the side of her dress and managed to separate her and the tight dress entirely by himself without hurting her or ripping the garment.

"Oh you are so expert."

"Anything to please madam."

"It's miss."

"Oh in that case are you a virgin?"

Mae grabbed his balls and squeezed, asking, "Does that answer your question?"

They kissed some more until he broke away to fondle her breasts and say, "Of this is wondrous lace underwear, s-o-o-o exotic."

"You mean erotic?"

"No your cunt is erotic."

"Ohmigod," Mae cried helplessly and dropped to her knees and unzipped him. Rivers was in pain from her clumsy fumbling but he bit back retorts hoping to be sucked off memorably. As it turned out he was not disappointed. It took almost an hour before Mae was beating frantically at Rivers' chest yelling at him to slide it in.

In the morning Rivers woke Mae at 11:00 arriving with coffee, bagels and two Sunday newspapers. Later when he was reading the comics Mae pushed the newspaper from his hands, ignoring his protests when she said no one reads that rubbish. She worked him up and sat down on Rivers and rode him cowgirl; her breasts were flying.

"God I didn't know you could get it this big," she gasped.

"It's those flying tits," Rivers ogled.

As they rested, Mae said training her in sexual positions was one of the few ways in which her ex-husband had enriched her life.

Rivers nodded sagely.

She smiled and said vaguely, "I'll finish my coffee and hand you lube and a condom. You may then have my ass."

Rivers studied the ceiling studiously, new sweat appearing on his forehead, and he thought was she a surprise package.

* * *

Rivers hired a skiff and went rowing on the river as he habitually did on Sundays, though usually just after dawn when real action guys took to the water. Now after midday the waterway was alive with people getting in the way in their canoes, kayaks and row boats and there were even kids in homemade craft or sailing yachts or radio controlled speedboats. After a mile he was out of that jam, although it wasn't really as bad as that, and rowed on virtually undisturbed for four more miles to the weir and returned back to complete his workout.

He thought it was so wonderful that Mae was doing her best to endear herself to him and to fit into his lifestyle. She was back at the boatsheds, sitting reading and looking glorious in her sun frock and wide hat and his heart filled his mouth when she, prettiest woman on the grass bank, had waved at him.

Mae of course had come into his life at completely the wrong time and with her also living off the businesses they could be broke within six months unless they secured good contracts.

"No one talks about how difficult it is to win new business," he fumed aloud. "I wonder why? I guess it's because they who receive that knowledge are mostly already busted and those who earn money educating people about going into business skip over that rocky ground by explaining it away with a few well-chosen platitudes like the entrepreneur must give it his or her best to win customers or clients, that being the most important cog in the machine. Yeah, right."

Rivers, turning to check the way ahead was clear, sweat pouring from him, and thought perhaps Mae would save them. She had a winning way about her. He thought of how she'd won the confidence of Reg. Then how masterfully she'd sold him the concept of taking her ass; it had been the epitome of how to woo over a novice ass-fucker. Rivers felt his color soar and still couldn't believe how excited she'd been when they did it and how afterwards she'd smothered him with kisses and said how wonderful it had been for her. He'd though it squeezed the crap out of a guy's dick, but enjoyably so, but had thought it must be hell for a woman, all that groaning and moaning. Perhaps pain and groaning and moaning acted like aphrodisiacs on them?

As Rivers neared the boatsheds Mae waved at him and pointed to two kids ahead of him in a kayak. He'd already seen them but checked again. When he looked at Mae again she was talking to another woman sitting beside her with a book and this time they both waved. He could only incline his head but they'd see that by the movement of his peaked cap.

"God you look in great shape," said the woman unabashed sitting beside Mae and looking about Mae's age and style.

"This is Nancy Ewing darling. Nancy this is my man Rivers Mulholland."

"God I'm hopelessly a romantic; I was hoping you'd have a name to match your apparent persona."

"Are you the columnist in the 'Advocate'?

Both women looked surprised and Nancy said yes. They continued to look at him, waiting for an explanation. He obliged.

"I read your daily column because you write so well and it's all about younger women and their interests. I began reading it to keep up to date with women around my age and then kept on reading it because you hooked me. You bubble."

"I bubble?" Nancy gaped, holding a hand high over her breasts. Mae appeared similarly intrigued.

"Yes, I'd indicated your writing flows. But you use uplifting adjectives and descriptions and your writing is always positive and you suggest without decreeing. You write to entertain impregnated with almost sublime messages."

"Impregnate?" Nancy gasped.

"It's okay Nancy, Mae counseled. "At times when Rivers winds up he has a little unusual choice in language."

"No it's the correct use of impregnate in the literary sense. What's more, he's telling something I perhaps was only subliminally aware I was doing. It's a fact Mae I purposely set out not to lecture. I picture myself when writing as being just one of the girls."

"Peer to peer writing," Mae said.

"Yes, exactly. Look why don't you guys call in this evening for a drink. Harry has one hell of a hangover after being out with the boys last night but he'll be fine by 6:00. Stay on for hamburgers if you wish. We usually have hamburgers on Sunday night."

"Is Harry your live-in?"

"Rivers!"

"It's okay Mae. I like men who talk to women as they talk to guys. Most don't do that you know. Harry is my husband but when he stumbles home like last night and vomits in the bathroom I could wish he were my live-in and then I could kick him out."

"At least it was in the bathroom and not over your best sofa."

"Oh taking Harry's side are you?"

"No but your appearance here is neat and tidy. I guessed so would be your apartment."

"Oh, you have quite a gem here Mae."

"I waiting to receive confirmation on that through time passing," Mae giggled.

Rivers asked had Nancy and Mae met before today.

"No, I popped down here to read and was standing over by the boatshed when Mae waved and invited me to sit by her. We didn't read. Mae is such a personality we just yapped and yapped."

"What does er Harry do?"

"Drinks beer."

Rivers grinned and said good one and looked back at the river, only to hear Mae say, "There, I told you. Men ask a penetrating question designed to elicit information but when receiving a defensive or trivial answer back right off."

"Yes, it was exactly as you said. I talk to many men but have never noticed it. You are very observant and analytical Mae. I hope to stay close, as you will provide me with fuel for my column, thinking the way you do. Rivers, interrogate me property as women do please."

"Um, what are you talking about?"

"Rivers don't your dare slide into a cave."

"Aw, this seems like poking my nose into your private life. What does Harry do besides drink beer?"

"He fucks me."

Rivers didn't know which way to turn but then noticed the two women studying him.

"He must do it well. You appear to be blooming."

The women shrieked and clasped each other.

"Now Rivers, don't you dare say, 'What...what did I say?' Only dumb men say that."

"No I won't and neither will I say I bet you fuck like a champion because that would be considered pressing too far."

Mae rolled her eyes and Nancy bit her lip and then said, regrettable he was correct. "Harry works with his two older brothers in their father's construction company."

Rivers noted Mae was looking at him again intently.

"They must be worried about the current economic downturn?"

"I think so. Harry says the family is discussing it but everyone has different ideas."

"They need to analyze what they do best and in which areas they are likely to find new work before they do anything."

"Is that what you do Rivers? Mae mentioned it was something like that but didn't elaborate, saying I should talk to you."

Rivers avoided glancing at Mae. "Calling in an outside person is sometimes the right way to go."

"Well said Rivers. I'll mention that to Harry. Let's switch, tell me, who has the better figure, Mae or me?"

"I need to see you both together, stripped."

Mae shrieked, "Rivers, you can't talk to Nancy like that. We hardly know her."

"She asked the question expecting me to be provocative."

"She did not," Mae said hotly.

"He's right, I did. My dad turned me into a big tease like him. You have a man who thinks ahead as quickly or even quicker than a woman Mae. Treasure him."

After a swim in the rooftop pool Mae and Rivers had a nap, hugging as they chatted into sleep.

After they'd showered together, he bleated, "What should I wear -- a suit?"

"Good god Rivers. It's Sunday night and Nancy told you what to wear."

"She didn't."

"She did. She told you we'd by having hamburgers."

Rivers stared at Mae vacantly.

Four hours later they returned from their evening with the Ewing's. Harry, after talking to Rivers, had said he would talk to his family about contracting the firm of Mondo-Mulholland.

Drunk, Mae climbed on to the sofa and invited Rivers to give it to her doggy. "I was astounding to hear us being called Mondo-Mulholland. It have no recollection at that being discussed by the partners?"

"I discussed it with you when you were concentrating on doing your nails before we went out."

"Liar."

He grinned and said, "Look what daddy has for you."

Later Rivers said, "About marriage?"

She said, "I have my divorce" and his reply surprised her.

"Me too."

"What you were married previously?"

"Twice. As you know army life with its uncertainties and transfers to new locations doesn't suit some woman and I made the same mistake twice."

Rivers spent the next two hours talking to Mae about his life including his family and two failed marriages.

He waited for her to express her misgivings about going any farther with him. But Mae said, "I'd like a wedding in the fall. We should be out of here by then."

"Where to?"

"Into our own home, worthy of our thriving business."

"Well I'm sure we'll thrive but you can't mean next fall?

"No, I mean the October after next."

"I like the sound of that," Rivers yawned wearily.

CHAPTER 3

Mondo-Mulholland Business Consultancy was thriving. Mae and Rivers now had three junior partners and support personnel and two similar sized rival firms had merged in the face of hot competition and now that merged firm had collapsed. Mae was junior vice-president of the Professional Women's Association while Rivers was a member of the city's Business and Manufacturer's Association and Rotary. They had found many of their new contacts became friends and that was useful for extending business contacts.

Managing partner Mae kept pushing junior partners to bring in new clients and was running a system whereby six-monthly bonuses were related to the introduction of new business as well as level of billings. Rivers was often telling her how marvelous she was at motivating personnel including him and their clients. He would be rewarded by sweet kissed because Mae liked being liked.

They now lived in a lovely house in a good neighborhood with Nancy and Harry Ewing living only two houses away. Nancy, now assistant editor on her newspaper and in charge of features still churned out her five days a week column. She was pregnant and had just found out so was Mae.

Mae, despite knowing she'd be 'showing' at the belly kept to her October wedding date. The plan had been to have a small wedding, just a few friends and a friend of Mae's who was licensed to conduct weddings. But when Mae got down to planning, the expected one page of people to invite turned into pages and before too long Rivers kept right out of it, leaving everything to Mae, Nancy who would be bridesmaid and Milly who was called in to do the catering but it just grew too big for her to manage.

Eventually Rivers was told the cathedral had been booked but there were no October slots so his wedding had been brought forward to the second week in September and the reception would be held at the city's events center.

Dazed he said to Mae, "Who are all these people you wish to invite? He'd said that rather critically so she stamped her foot, threw him the book filled with prospective invitees with postal addresses and said icily, "Here, you reduce the list if that's what you want."

Rivers pulled out a blue pen and licked the tip, ready to cross out names. But amazingly there were only two names he could question. He called Nancy who explained one was the incoming president of the Professional Women's Association and the other was the organizer of their local baby sitter's collective.

"But we don't have a baby."

"You will soon," was Nancy's practical retort. "God, you men are so helpless when it comes to planning for kids."

"Kids, you mean I'm to have more than one?"

"Yes you thickhead. Mae wants two."

Rivers took a hat off the hat stand and threw it into the lounge ahead of him. He caught Mae grinning.

"Um, good job. The list stands as it is. I'm happy with it. You have done magnificently. I hear from Nancy we are to have two children?"

"Oh, didn't you hear me? You were at the mirror with a hand mirror checking your balding spot."

"No I wasn't. I never do that."

"Yes you do. It's the worst possible time for you to be told anything. I use that chance occasionally."

They grinned and kissed, Rivers running a hand gently over her belly.

* * *

Three weeks before the wedding the coziness of Rivers and Mae's world caved in. They sat in the boardroom of Banks, Rossiter and Partners, with Marvin Rossiter from Chicago and two of his regional directors.

"Thanks for coming to chat with us guys. We want to buy you out?"

Mae looked at Rivers dazed but couldn't catch his eye because he was studying the ceiling. She was ready to panic but calmed when she hear Rivers say, drawling it out, "Oh yeah. What don't you set up against us; it would be cheaper?"

"We've tried that in other cities," white-haired Marvin said, grandson of the founder. "When a professional advisory company is well dug in locally and ticking over well it's a long and costly fight to take them out and everyone gets bloodied."

"Okay then, " Rivers said, now eyeing Marvin. "We'll sell providing it's one of those nicely packaged offers that just won't run away."

Mae opened her mouth to berate him. Who'd said anything about selling? He'd not mentioned it when she was working on her nails and any way they hadn't known there was a buyer until five minutes ago. What the hell was going on here -- where was the spirit of partnership?

"Won't you have to consult your partner? We hear it's her who manages and drives the business."