All Comments on 'My Goddesses: A Memoir of the 70s'

by Selwyn

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
Very literate but - - - -

Impressive first effort - obviously you have written elsewhere before.

I admired but found my attention wandering ahead drenched in willowy phrases and - look you don't need to impress anyone - just believe in yourself and tell a story that isn't draped in self satisfing phrases or an effort to impress covering up your talent. Serious it down - have some fun. Too much verbosity in introspection can be overwelming to the tale.

Or maybe I'm being a little too critical - what do you think?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
a different style

i think your skills are excellent. i liked your characters- even though there were at times so many that it was hard to keep straight. but i think there is the skeleton of a bigger peice within this story. i think this has the makings of a novel. with work and refinement-- and some backstory. we didnt know he was an addict until he had relapsed. we never saw the disintegration of cheri and davi's relationship. the blog/article format was very creative. i gave you a 100 because i think you took a lot of risks and you injected one of the most lacking elements in so many stories. emotion. i hope to hear more from you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
It's my story!

The comment from the person who thought "My Goddesses..." too serious was well-taken. The story itself was not originally intended to be erotic (really), but instead to reflect a little on the character's lack of judgement and perhaps even morality. For a young man embarked on a voyage of sexual and romantic discovery, love-making is a mysterious, powerful, sometimes dangerous pleasure.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
The best on the site

The most erotic on this site. Not only sex, but also real people; AND REAL EMOTION.

I myself would rate this story My Goddesses as an exceptional piece of literature, not just erotica.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous