My Sister, My Savior

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
genealguy
genealguy
205 Followers

After we reached base, and had slept and showered, we went to the galley to eat.

As we waited Bill said "Now that we are out of danger, let me tell you about that last shoot. Just as you squeezed off the third shot, the guy on the left lost his head; it exploded like a pumpkin, then two and three followed suit. No one knew we were there until after you fired the last round. We're awesome, Dude!" I agreed.

After that, the jobs came and went. Bill kept a running log of our kills, since he saw them all. We had a couple of close calls, but just as in training, our cover held. Maybe someone was watching over us after all.

After three years, our enlistments were up. We were given two weeks' leave, and another week to decide whether to re-up. We bid goodbye, and I hopped a military flight to the local airport at home. I had not let anyone know I was on my way. At the airport, I boarded a bus that would take me downtown. Home was three miles beyond that. I would walk. As I approached the house, my duffel bag on my shoulder, I stopped and looked over the place. Three years had had little impact. I climbed to the porch and knocked. I heard a rustle inside, then Mom opened the screen door. She squinted into the sun behind me, not able to see well.

"Can I help you?" she inquired. I smiled.

"Sure, Mom, how about meat loaf tonight?" She paused, then a shriek.

"JIMMY!" she cried. She had never called me that. I picked her up and kissed her full on the mouth. Just then Dad appeared behind her and he shouted my name. Now we were all hugging and dancing on the porch. After a while, we stopped and they invited me inside. Mom looked at me.

"Why did you knock, Son?" she asked.

"Well, Mom, I don't live here now, so felt I should mind my manners". She hugged me again.

"You'll always live here!"

They both mentioned how much I had changed. I reflected on that; two inches taller, maybe 35 pounds heavier, and in great shape. I smiled. Mom had no meat loaf, so Dad took us out to eat.

At dinner, they wanted to know what I had been up to. I begrudgingly admitted I could not tell them. Mom asked if I had been in any danger. I scoffed, telling her we were at peace, where is the danger. She beamed at me. We had a great time.

Later at their house, I cautiously inquired about Julie. I found that Julie had had a daughter Amber, now almost three. They were both 'okay', which left more questions than it answered. Dad looked glum. He said Eddy was still drinking a lot, they were practically in poverty, but they were helping as much as Eddy would allow. He did not allow Julie and Amber to visit as often as they would like, but they did not rock the boat. I was appalled that my little Princess was so trapped. I asked no more questions, except if they thought Julie could come over while I was there. They looked at each other, then at me, and stated they were reluctant to call. So I did.

Thankfully, Julie answered. When I spoke, there was a pause, then she cried out.

"Jimmy! Where are you?" I answered at home, and asked if she could visit the next day. Another pause, then she whimpered that Eddy may not let her. I replied, then I would pick her up. Another pause.

"Maybe" she replied. "Call in the morning."

"I love you Julie, always have, always will!" She gasped. I asked if he was there, and she whispered yes. We hung up.

I slept little that night, in turmoil over my sister's plight. I didn't like it one bit. Next morning, I took Mom's car to Julie's. She answered the door, but held back. I greeted her, then asked if he was there. She nodded affirmatively. I asked if she would come with me. Suddenly, the door was yanked from her grip. Shithead stood there, glaring at me through an alcohol haze.

"Whadda you doin' here? He slurred. He opened the screen and started to step out. He stopped, gazing at me. Suddenly I knew I had him. No way he was going to tangle with a Marine, especially one my size. He stepped back inside and I followed.

"Eddy, Julie and Amber are coming with me to visit our folks. She will be home by 9pm. If you aren't cool with that, let's discuss it outside." He glared at me, then turned and left the room. Julie looked very intimidated. I told her we were leaving, to get Amber and anything she needed and follow me. She did.

As she walked out, shit head yelled "Nine o'clock, no later!" I walked Julie to the car, then returned to the house. He was standing in the hallway.

"Eddy" I began, "If I hear you have punished Julie in any way for this, I'll literally tear you apart, or if I'm not here, I know people who can". He sneered, but walked away.

Julie was silent on the way. Little Amber sat in her car seat silently. I could see both had been intimidated by turd-face.

The visit was stilted. Julie had little to say to me. Amber just watched me. I tried speaking to her, encouraging her to come to me. She looked at Mommy, who nodded, then she slowly walked over. She would not climb onto my lap, but stood near me, pulling on her little dress.

"Amber, I am your Uncle Jim. I have been gone a long time. Can we be friends?"

She just stared. God, I thought, he really has them frightened. Mom fixed dinner as Julie and I chatted at the table. Julie slowly warmed up. She even smiled a couple of times. I wanted to hug her; Hell, I wanted to sweep her into my arms and kiss that juicy mouth. Whoa! I thought. We are in a minefield here and I definitely did not want to cause her any trouble. After dinner Julie helped Mom with dishes. I offered, but Julie declined. Near nine o'clock, Julie said she must be going. She asked Dad to drive her home. I was so disappointed. She gave me a small smile as she left. I had another night of tossing and turning. I was really bummed.

I could not see her the rest of my leave. I left with a heavy heart; I probably should have stayed on base.

Bill and I conferred on reenlistment. Neither really had a reason not to, and the sign-up bonus of $20,000 was a lure. So we found ourselves still in the Marines/CIA. Life went on.

After three more years, there was a national crisis, so we again signed up. Three years later, the act was repeated. Then, after twelve years doing what we did so well, we decided to scrap it and be civilians. Bill and I went to Vegas and had a grand time. Neither of us drank much, so it was sober fun. One time, as we were sitting in front of the Mirage, watching the volcano and passing women, he turned to me.

"Buddy, I have something to say. In twelve years, you have never asked me our score!"

I replied "Score?"

"Yep, our number of kills! We, you, have killed 248 people with that damned rifle!" I looked shocked.

"In addition, you killed 17 more with your hands!" I slumped in disgust.

"I would have never thought it was so many." Dad would probably think I would spend eternity in hell for those sins.

"Perk up, Buddy, think how many lives we saved taking out those jerks!" I did perk up.

"You're right!" I smiled. "I know we caused several monster regimes to fall!" I never again felt sorry for our actions.

Before we left for home, Bill and I formed a permanent bond to always keep in touch. He had been my best friend for all those years.

This time, I had to utilize a commercial flight to get home. I was in civilian clothes, and garnered no interest in the crowds. I'd called Dad; he and Mom picked me up and we went home. Mom asked if I cared to live there. I replied, for a little while but I must get on with my life.

The next day, I asked them both to talk about Julie. Their faces saddened. I felt a lump in my stomach. I never knew Julie had a son, after my only visit home. Dad told me Eddy was drinking very hard. Julie had received some beatings, but not to the point of serious injury. Eddy kept jobs for a few weeks or months, but was usually unemployed. They lived in squalor. The folks helped as they could, but Eddy still refused most of it. I was so sad. I had to do something!

I looked up Julie's friend Alice, now married with three children of her own. I invited her to lunch, and she gladly accepted. We small talked, then Alice mentioned she knew why I wanted to see her. She proceeded to tell me that Julie felt her quandray as all her fault, that she had erred so she must pay the price. She certainly did not love shit for brains, but stayed with him because she had no alternative. No alternative? Not at home with the folks? Alice stated Julie was afraid to live with them because of the extent of her sins. I asked if Alice thought Julie would come to me. She thought a while, then said she wasn't sure. Julie had changed a lot, and was very secretive. I thanked her, then walked through the park forming a plan.

The next day was Saturday and Dad was home. I invited him and Mom to the deck, and told them my plan. They were appalled, and warned me to consider alternatives. I was not feeling good about this.

My high school friend Will Davis was now Chief of Police, and his brother a well-respected attorney. I invited them to lunch and described my problem. They both knew of my deep feeling for Julie, and of her situation. They offered suggestions to reduce the risk and to increase the chances of success. I was now ready.

I bought a used car to avoid detection, and staked out Julie's home. I arrived at 8am; about 2pm, Eddy and two buddies left in his car. All three were drunk. I waited a bit, then knocked on the door. It slowly opened. Julie peeked out, then gasped. I blocked the door and asked if I could come in. She stated Eddy would kill me if I went in. I pushed open the door and stepped in. I looked at her and told her I was taking her away. She looked shocked as hell.

"I can't!" she cried.

"Yes you can, and will. Get everything you need. Where are the children?"

She hesitated. "At the movie with a neighbor".

"Get your stuff!" I ordered. She stared at me then went into the bedroom.

"I don't have many clothes" she stated.

"Bring only the best stuff, I'll buy you more!"

She walked out with a small suitcase and a plastic bag with the children's clothes and toys. There was very little. I walked her to the car, helped her in, put the goods into the trunk, and we left for the theater. Julie said the movie was to run for another 45 minutes. We waited in the lobby and approached the neighbor as she walked out. I expected some problem, but as soon as Julie explained things, she handed over the children. She looked at me.

"God, I'm so glad you're doing this, Julie has been in trouble for a long time!"

We hurried to our parents' house. Amber and David heard Julie explain who I was, and what we were doing, so said nothing. Mom fixed Julie's favorite dinner, and after, Julie was beginning to relax a bit. I asked her to the Family Room for a conference, along with our parents. I began.

"Julie, we need to think about your future. I realize I practically kidnapped you and the kids, but I felt that as your brother, I just had to act! Now that we're calm, how do you feel about it?"

She smiled and began, "I can't fault you for the steps you took. I only hope we can stay out of his clutches for good. I deeply appreciate you being so concerned. I have to think about our future; we can't stay here forever."

I began forming a plan, but needed to finalize it before I revealed it to her. The kids were warming up to me, especially when I mentioned going out for ice cream. All six of us went, and all enjoyed it. It seemed as if we were teens again, except for the two newest members. When we returned home, Amber and David insisted I accompany their mother to tuck them in! I guess a little ice cream works wonders.

The next day Mom and Julie went shopping for clothes and other items for Julie and her children, my treat. I babysat, and since Dad was home I asked to speak with him. He figured this was important so we retired to the deck, watching Amber and David play in the yard. A thought occurred to me; maybe their Uncle Jim should invest in a swing set and other yard toys. They had never had them.

"Dad" I began, "I heard Julie talk about living arrangements, that she couldn't stay here too long. I have a half-baked plan to help us all. I've been wanting to buy a house for myself, I can certainly afford it. Julie and her children could live there rent-free as long as they want. I've not expressed this to Julie yet, but what do you think of this?"

Dad pondered a bit, then replied, "Well, after hearing you describe your feeling for your sister, and knowing the circumstances now, I can't fault your scheme. Do you want to tell Julie and your mom soon?"

"Yes Dad, maybe after the little ones are put down for the night. It's important that you be there, too. Julie must hear both parents' inputs."

Dad and I spent the rest of the time chatting about things, and enjoying the kids at play.

When the ladies returned, Julie noted my expression, and knew I wanted to speak with her. She asked me about it, and I begged off till later. She watched me closely at dinner, and Mom picked up on it too. The evening was a bit tense, but finally the adults were alone. I made hot chocolate and suggested we retire to the deck. After we settled and began sipping the drinks, I spoke.

"Julie, Mom, I have been thinking of an idea to settle the issue of our living arrangements. I have been thinking of buying a house. Now that things have changed and started to settle a bit I propose that Julie and her offspring live with me. There would be no expense for her, especially since there is little chance for child support from that ..."

"James", Mom snapped. I was nearing trouble; the formal name she called me was an indication that she would allow no swearing! I smiled and continued.

"That no-good has nothing to his name, so I'm proposing to support Julie's family from now on. She owes me nothing, so it should be a comfortable arrangement for her."

I sat back and awaited responses. They were all deep in thought for a while; the silence continued for almost a minute. Finally, Mom looked at Julie, then at me.

"Knowing the feeling between you two, what is to make me believe you can behave yourselves ...you know, stay out of trouble. You'll be alone every night, and after the children go to bed, there'll be no one there to monitor you!"

I smiled, so did Dad! Julie looked at our Mother pensively, a small frown on her face.

"Mother (uh oh! Another formality!) I do believe your son and daughter can handle themselves quite well alone. We certainly do not require a baby sitter! If my wonderful brother wants to care for me and mine so be it!" She looked at me.

"Darling Brother I'm overwhelmed by your offer. My children and I'd love to live with you in your new house! I look forward to living in a decent house with nice furniture. I'll clean, cook, and do other wifely duties as necessary!"

"JULIA!" Mother announced, "Have you gone mad? What makes you even think about this wife stuff? Jim IS your brother, or did you conveniently forget that? You know my feelings on such matters!" Julie smiled, but there was a bit of rebelliousness in that expression.

"Mother, I'm aware of everything you mentioned. I'm also aware of your religious ideals, feelings, and prejudices!"

"I am NOT PREJUDICED!" our mother shouted.

"Mother, you're prejudiced based on your personal feelings. Jim and I have been exposed to you enough that we know what is going on!"

"I'm concerned about what is going to be going on between your brother and you when you are alone!" Mom stated. "I know you two are more rebellious than I ever wanted. I'm not accusing you, but I know what can happen behind closed doors between a man and a woman!" Julie was getting a red facial hue.

"Mother, you are right. It will be behind closed doors. Jim and I are way past being adults, both in age and maturity. You needn't be concerned at all. We'll make sure no hanky-panky is going on when you visit. Other than that, you can relax!"

Our mother had been standing for the past five minutes. Now she wore a very frustrated expression, and her face indicated she was beginning to lose her patience. Dad noted this, and put his hand on her back, easing her toward the stairs. He looked back at us.

"I think we oldsters should go to bed. You two can stay here and talk, if you wish. See you in the morning."

They disappeared with no further discussion. Julie and I looked after them for a bit. She turned to me.

"Sorry if I got a bit involved there. I've long been frustrated by her over bearing attitude and she isn't going to run our lives now!" I smiled at her. "And just what are you grinning about, Mr. Williams?"

I smiled wider and remarked, "I didn't know you still had some fight left in you after living with Mr. Asshole so long!"

She smiled, "I guess I do. But after your very generous offer I wasn't going to let her wedge her way between us! This may be my last chance for happiness, at least for a long while. I've no idea what your plans are, but I can adjust to about anything after my former life!"

I stepped to her and wrapped my arms about her. She did the same. We stood there for a long moment, hugging and re-establishing a long-lost relationship. She squeezed tighter to me.

"I wasn't too surprised at hearing your description of your feelings for me. I have felt the same for a long time. I guess we'll have to try your arrangement, and see what happens. I'm not concerned about what may happen, just let nature take its course!" She slipped her head onto my shoulder. We repaired to our individual beds. I slept little, going over the evening's events.

The next morning I was first to rise, followed by Amber and David, then Julie. I was half way through preparing a breakfast of scrambled eggs, sausage, orange juice, coffee and pancakes. Just as I was serving, the parental units arrived. Dad greeted us, but Mom was quiet. They sat down to coffee as I began preparing more food. Dad and Julie carried on a spirited discussion but Mom remained silent. That was unusual! Suddenly, Amber spoke up.

"Uncle Jim, you sure fix a great breakfast. We didn't get to eat this much at home! Mom, are we really going to live with Uncle Jim in his new house? Are we gonna go to a new school? Are you going to marry Uncle Jim?" Julie's face showed her shock. Before she spoke, Mom piped up.

"I suppose you hit the nail on the head, Granddaughter! Lord knows I tried to raise your mother and uncle better than that! I don't know how I'll face my friends, especially at church!" She glanced at Julie, who did not show any anger at the response from Mom.

"Mother, your children's lives are no more the business of your so-called friends than of yours. I guess you will just deal with it. Amber, you ask too many questions, but I have encouraged you to do so. Uncle Jim and I have no plans beyond sharing a home." She smiled at her daughter, and received one in kind. After that, the table conversation slipped into more mundane subjects. Both children did climb on my lap to deliver 'thank you' kisses for the meal.

After Julie and I were left alone at the table, she turned to me.

"Just how do you plan to go about this house thing?"

"Why, just as any couple would! We decide what we want, go shopping, choose one, pay the piper, then move in." Her eyes widened.

"You expect me to be a part of the decision process?"

"Of course, after all, you'll be living there, too!"

She blushed and looked into her plate. She excused herself to clean up and get dressed. I cleared the table and cooking area, put things in the dishwasher, and started it. I then went to my room, and showered, working around Julie and hers. I then booted my computer and logged onto local realtors' listings, just to get an idea of availability and price. I left it on and went downstairs. Julie was in the family room watching TV, the kids playing on the floor. I sat next to her.

genealguy
genealguy
205 Followers