All Comments on 'My Sorority Slut Ch. 03'

by spaldan

Sort by:
  • 15 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago

This was an interesting and well developed story/series. I enjoyed it a lot.

LancerInLALancerInLAalmost 12 years ago
Forgivness? Really??

After the hell she was put through, I can not believe she forgave her. A years worth of pain, humuliation, and grief...for no damn reason except that she could. Fine, Olive has a problem, did that mean she had to sink to the level of a criminal? She forced the pledges to do acts that would make me lash out. She acted like a mafia boss with the power.

Yes, there are people that can forgive after a year of hell (remember the pictures that SHE caused), but I am not one of them.

I enjoyed the story, the characters, and the creativity, but I can not give this a 5*. It ticked me off too much.

InnuendosInnuendosalmost 12 years ago

Interesting story, if taken as a judgement of Susan's inability to become something more than the insecure young woman that lets everyone walk all over her. A point was made about her doling out forgiveness to this woman, and there's something to it. What Olive did to others wasn't just unhealthy, it was wrong bordering on non-consenual. In one case, it appears to be heavily implied that the pledge was drugged and that Olive cheered the guy having sex with him on; that's a form of rape even if the pledge was so out of it they couldn't say no.

It disappointing to see no real justice done and Olive apologizing in such a lackluster way that it's like all she did was a minor inconvenience to Susan. Question to the author: was she serious, or doing it just because the 12-step plan said she had to? The way the story writes her, it sounds very much like the latter.

Those are minor complaints. All in all, I really enjoyed this story, and you've earned the rating for it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Geez

Great chapter. Now I want to know what happened to Olive to make her addicted to sex!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Well-written But Fatally Flawed

First, the writer is to be commended for telling a decent tale - very rare these days on Lit. However, I agree with all points raised by LancerInLA. Any interest in the shared passion between Susannah and Ben was killed by the anger that arose at the slimy politics in the sorority. I never pledged at university, so I have no first-hand knowledge as to whether such injustices are a normal part of fraternity/sorority life. However, it was laborious to finish this chapter after reading how the sorority would not expel Olive after behavior that should see her doing a couple of years' time, even in Florida.

I for one will read no further - the only guarantee is that Susannah and Ben are bound to be roadkill again in this story. This story graphically confirms that the good guys do finish last; not a point needing reinforcement, especially in erotica.

Shyguy22Shyguy22almost 12 years ago
Simply Beautiful

This was a wonderful story. It was well paced and had a real feeling to it. Every chapter built up on the other with ending being satisfying in so many ways. Great Job. :-)

spaldanspaldanalmost 12 years agoAuthor
Explanation

Whoa! Some intense feedback for this story. Like I said, I very much appreciate feedback. I can respect when anyone takes time to write something constructive, even if it was that you didn't like the story. I'm not sure if this is the appropriate place to put a little post script, but this seemed right. This answer also may not be satisfying, especially if you liked the story. So if you don't want the mystique ruined, read no further. But I feel I owe an explanation to those who took the time to read the whole story and were left unsatisfied. I realized at the end of my story that the relationship between and Ben and Susannah hadn't been fully resolved, and I didn't know how to fix that. The main problem was that, as I said at the start, Susannah is based on a real person. Ben is actually a composite of different people. I used "her" experiences as a base and then wound a narrative around her story (her experiences also didn't necessarily happen in the order they happened in the story). What I mostly wanted to do was share Susannah's arousing experiences in a way that readers of erotica would enjoy, and place them in a story that would be enjoyable to read. So the problem was that some really bad things happened between "Susannah" and her "partners," but I really wanted Ben and Susannah in the story to have a happy ending. So yes, in the end of my story, Olive is supposed to be truly remorseful. Again, I don't want to give too much away that could identify the real Susannah, but Olive was also based on a real, truly abusive sorority sister. I made her seem much worse than she was in real life, but the real "Olive" had a serious problem with alcohol abuse. And part of what triggered her alcohol abuse was a really unfortunate sexual experience that left her with a distorted view of sex and relationships. I personally knew Olive, but not as well as "Susannah" knew Olive. Olive went through AA her senior year (which took much longer than the three months in this story- I shortened for narrative purposes) and came out the other side as a completely different person. And while I'm not saying all the non-consensual abuse depicted in this story really happened, the real "Susannah" really did forgive the real "Olive." And I personally think Susannah's forgiveness was related to the fact that her "Ben" at the time had forgiven her for something. If you're outraged, Mary's anger in the story is a composite of the anger vehemently expressed by several real sorority sisters. The real "Olive," although not as evil as the "Olive" in the story, also wasn't expelled from the sorority, over the strong objections of several of her sisters. Much of that had to do with the person she became after AA.

Again, does all this stuff really happen at colleges, or did ALL of it ever really happen? No. This is a story. I acknowledge that there may be some major faults in this story line requiring leaps of logic for the reader. Those are the fault of my inadequacies as an author, trying to weave a story based on the inspiration of one truly unique (and very sweet in real life) woman. I also confess that I write about Greek life as an outsider. I'm not sure this long explanation helps, but I felt I owed it to those of you who had bothered to read my disjointed and less-than-stellar writing for over 20 pages, especially since there were some explanations that I could relate to you from the real life events that inspired this story. If you have any further questions, feel free to send me a message. It goes straight to my real, personal e-mail address. And for those of you hoping for more on this story line, I'm sorry, but I've exhausted the inspiration connected to this material. I'm already off writing another story that has inspired me to ramble on another topic.

Even if you hated this story, I hope it at least got you off :-)

littleshy425littleshy425over 11 years ago

omg usually stories that are so long don't hold my interest but this series deff held my interests. I loved it kinda wanted more after it was over! looooved it!!!

Bob925Bob925over 11 years ago
Another good author

Having discovered My Sorocity Slut two days ago I have to say that I am impressed. The characters are well described and became friends of the reader the story is unputdownable, one is left wanting more, wanting the next chapter, well several more chapters of their lives, as they continue to grow and understand how they, and their partner ticks. Favourite Story: Yes, And now I have read Ashton 1-6, favourite Author. - Now Camping Trip or Weekend Sleepover next, hm.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago

Not one to pick favorites in "author's" but I do have to say spaldan is my unexpected favorite author and I love reading ur stories and I'm not much of a reader.

P.s. fuk olive lol I hated reading everything she did in this story but still a good story also was a little hurt that "ben" was more than one guy after reading ur post

Keep up the good work \m/ :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Such Silly Comments

The main issue I have with the story is that the writer seemed to want to destroy the integrity of the main character, Susannah. It started with Susannah proclaiming to Ben that she is not a slut. Then she continued to volunteer for situations which put her in the position of being a slut. But by the end of the story we are supposed to believe that she isn't a slut, and it's all Olive's fault (along with the repressive sorority system). If we were to choose to believe that Susannah is not a slut, then we would have to believe that she is completely stupid.

Combine that with the fact that Ben seems impossibly understanding, and it becomes a little unbearable.

Now, as for some of the comments made by readers; A few seemed to miss the point of fiction. But, the reply from the writer, Spaldan, was the most disappointing. A writer doesn't/shouldn't have to explain any back story. It is a work of fiction. The story starts from the first line and ends at the last. If it wasn't written down somewhere in between, then it's simply not a part of the story.

Since a back story is not a part of the actual story. The writer is not more qualified than any reader to determine the motivations of any character. So "Innuendos" asking if Olive really meant her apology is just silly. The writer answering is even sillier.

Overall, I enjoyed the good parts of the story as much as I disliked the bad parts. And I enjoy the other stories I have read from this writer.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
The Truth Hurts

An excellent 5+ star story. The author almost lost a star due to the introduction and author's comment. Almost everything described in this story is truth and has happened more than once. Next time please do not provide an introduction that diminishes the story.

Two things I didn't like about the story were the photograph and the lack of discipline for the tool-jocks. They should not have gotten away with what they did to the women.

You did a great job taking the story forward to a good ending for the couple. Several couples I was aware of at university did not survive the oppressive treatment of pledges. Keep up the good work and thanks for taking the time to write a great story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

This reads like a prologue to a LW story.

Susannah had a chance to deal with her submissiveness, either by rejecting it or by finding the right person to submit to, and chose neither. Instead she deliberately put herself in *another* compromising situation for the sake of her sorority, and completely blew off Ben when he wanted to be there for her. Her sorority is clearly far more important to her than her relationship to Ben.

From the tone of their current relationship, I'd expect that, later in life, she'll fall into the orbit of some overpowering female at work who drags her down a slippery slope to cheating, while Ben will stand there and watch everything unfold like a helpless wimp, after which he'll take her back (at least the first few times).

If this truly were the prologue to a LW story, every reader would be thinking that Ben was an idiot to marry her, and that he was only getting what he deserved when she cheated on him.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
author writes well, especially for this site..., but

formulaic as hell...to be expected, i guess

english not bad for lit

misplaced apostrophes everywhere - very common

corny troupes, like ¨pulled out with a pop¨ never heard that from pussy or anus in my eighty years so far

football, baseball references all over - who cares - but, us readership.

i still read it...

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Great story telling

The final chapter to My Sorority Slut is the best yet. The characters are complex and realistic, not cardboard cliches, the plot is engaging and complex, and the overall story is carefully crafted. The ending, which some think too predictable, is eminently satisfying; it is a happy ending which in turn identifies this story, in the ultimate sense, as a great Romance saga. The love scenes in this chapter are in exactly the right proportion to the rest of the storyline, yet in a larger sense this is a meaningless remark, because the plot and love scenes are so interwoven and so important that they cannot really be separated. Rather, they are both part of an intricate whole, which make this chapter an exceptional reading experience. Five stars for this chapter only because six stars cannot be given.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous