My Telija Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Hundreds of pixies flooded the canopy of the trees, creating a whimsical galaxy of color. They danced and twinkled above us like stars in the night. "From ashes they are reborn and we celebrate their lives as only Fae can do!" He shouted into the air and everyone cheered. "Come forth and set them free," He cried.

Aunt Kim turned to me with sad eyes and pulled a small glittering jar from her coat. She handed it over and I took it with confusion. "Go and set her free Jordan. It's time to let her go," She choked and I understood.

I turned to see other people approaching the fire. They had to be the families of the guards who died and I took a deep breath. Ven stroked my back, "I'll be right here Telija. You can do this."

I looked between the two of them and caught Lu giving me a thumbs up. Despite the mood right now, I couldn't help but smirk and she probably knew I needed to break the tension. Damn you Lu. Standing up in front of hundreds of non-human creatures that knew who you were, was harder than I thought. Every step I took towards the fire felt like another layer of who I am, was stripped away with their eyes. But this wasn't about them. This was about me and my Mother, and how I needed to let go of the selfish hatred I had been feeling. None of this was her fault and it was time I admitted that. She had to have loved me, even if she couldn't say it, deep down I knew she did. I unscrewed the jar of grey dust, with heavy fingers, not even realizing I had been crying until now.

This was the last time I would touch her, even as morbid as that sounds, this dust was the last piece of her I had. The thought crossed my mind to just run away with it. Take the jar and put it somewhere safe, but then logic set it in, and told me that was nuts. I took the last step towards the raging inferno, standing side by side with the others. Their expressions mirrored mine as they too unscrewed the lids to their jars.

My Grandparents stood by and watched me carefully, ready for the worst incase I fucked this up. Orla started to speak in the Fae tongue, a prayer like melody from her lips, and the words calmed me as the others slowly tossed the ashes into the fire one by one. Every time a jar was set free, roaring colors filled the flames, and ashes like stars filling the air. They hung there, growing brighter as the second to last jar was tossed.

Finally, it was my turn and I let loose a fresh set of tears, "Goodbye Mom." I whispered and tossed the jar into the fire. I fell to my knees and started to wail. God this hurt. Letting go sucked and I didn't think I could really do it. I watched in anguish as the fire swirled with colors, something different starting to happen. I heard gasps and shocked cries around me, but I just stayed on my knees, watching the fire grow larger.

It turned to a dark magenta, the star like ashes in the air glowing white, and getting larger until it was almost blinding. Wind swept through the forest, howling it's warning to all that listened, but I didn't care. My Mother was dead and it finally hit me.

The lights erupted until all I could see was white. I covered my eyes with my arm, hearing the screaming, possibly even Vendish calling for me. Then it was suddenly over. The ashes faded into nothing but dust and fell to the ground, the fire ceased to exist. In its place were charred remains of timber, cooling grey dust, and a burnt circle in the ground. In the middle of all that though, was something no one could have imagined.

A woman curled up in the fetal position stirred. Her silvery dress splayed around her body like water and glowing blonde hair covered her face, with white laced wings folded together, and protruding from her back. I wiped my eyes and crawled forward, using my power to douse the hot coals that threatened to burn my hands. She started to roll over with a feminine groan, her hair slipping away from her face.

Reaching her finally, I stayed on my knees at her side, and began to pull the slippery blonde strands away from her eyes. Words failed me when her face was revealed to me. It took me a few deep breaths to form the one word that would mean the most. Her hand enclosed on mine, her eyes shimmering with moisture, "Mom?"