All Comments on 'Neighbors with Benefits'

by toffeepopnz

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
cpetecpetealmost 12 years ago
Well done.

Good story with the main character well fleshed out. A presquel about her and the ex would be a natural following. You got me curious about her cheating on the former boyfriend/hubby(?) and how it developed in booty calls.

Of course if you wish to have karma payback (and please the btb crowd) you would have Ben cheat on her with another neighbor......

thanks for fine post.

Sidney43Sidney43almost 12 years ago

I guess you can label this as a romance, but it stretches things a bit. If they say they love each other and eventually consider marriage traditionally you vow to forsake all others. This couple starts off by admitting they will probably stray and as long as they tell each other it should be OK. I guess the foundation of their "friends with benefits" relationship is she cheated on James with neighbor Ben, so once a cheater, just maybe always a cheater so the saying goes. Doesn't sound like much of a foundation for lasting love, but I guess if you start out with lowered expectations the emotions of a breakup is not as bad?

estragonestragonalmost 12 years ago
Certainly Not Traditional

but the characters are believable, and the story pulls the reader along. Good mechanicals and local colour.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago

Well written, and somewhat erotic. Too long. Too predictable. Therefore, not worth the time, because the reader knew what would happen

H.H.MorantH.H.Morantalmost 12 years ago
I agree ...

... with "anonymous," who complained that the story was too long, (S)he also complained that the ending was too predictable, but the conclusion had been disclosed in the teaser on the list of stories.

I do think that a new lover would have made the conclusion more interesting, but surprising readers usually is a bad idea - particularly in LW, which this isn't. For me, I like to see a twist at the end - the reader expects one result and gets another

oldwayneoldwaynealmost 12 years ago
Estragon said it better than I can.

I don't know how much I liked it, but it was well done. It was deserving of a good score.

SampkyangSampkyangabout 8 years ago
VERY good till the crap at the end???

Open marriage??? quick divorce...NOT ROMANTIC!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

This isn't romance.

storycentralstorycentralabout 2 years ago

This is the story of a two timing asshole. This isn’t romance. Might fall into erotic couplings, but you should mention him cheating on his girlfriend with his neighbor in the title description. It is a huge turn off for most people.

OvercriticalOvercritical6 months ago

I can't imagine having a relationship like these two. They're not the slightest bit likeable and although the ending was easily predictable it didn't make me feel good. I must have someone to root for in a story for me to be satisfied. And this one didn't. 3*

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous