Neighbors with Benefits

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Good," said Cassie. "I'd hate to think these hands were going to waste."

They fell into a comfortable silence as James worked over every inch of her back. Although painful at first, it became more pleasant and soothing as the dealt to the stiff muscles. Soon Cassie felt so warm and relaxed the she found herself almost drifting off.

"So," said James. "Are you going to tell me the real reason you're here?" His hands continued to glide over her oily back but the movements became gentler and more sensual.

"It's just a booty call, like you said earlier," Cassie insisted.

"I don't believe that," he said softly. "I haven't seen you in months, not since you hooked up with that neighbour of yours. Why don't you tell me what's wrong."

Cassie sighed. "His girlfriend is in town," she explained.

"I see." James moved to one side and started to rub down her calf muscles. "Surely this isn't the first time she's been home since you met him," he commented.

"No, I guess it's not." Cassie sighed again. She didn't remember being so...discontent the last time Ben was unavailable. She'd been happy enough without him, catching up with friends and doing her own thing. So what had changed? The obvious answer was uncomfortable to think about. But James was the only person she trusted enough to talk about it with. "I think I'm falling for him," she blurted.

James paused, his hands still on her calf. "Are you sure that's wise?" he asked carefully.

"Of course it's not wise," she snapped. "But I can't help it."

"Do you think he feels the same way?"

"I don't know," she said miserably. "He's never talked about breaking up with his girlfriend. They've been together for years. But sometimes he says things that make me wonder."

James was quiet for a while and she suddenly regretted telling him. But then he spoke again. "You do realise that even if he breaks up with her to be with you, there's no guarantee he won't sleep around with someone else in the future."

Cassie nodded. "I know the saying...once a cheater, always a cheater. I'm one too, remember." As soon as she said that Cassie regretted bringing up old wounds. "I'm sorry," she added feebly.

"Don't worry about it," James said softly. "I forgave you a long time ago, remember. As it turned out, I wasn't ready to settle down either so things worked out for the best."

"I'm glad to hear that," said Cassie. "But I can't help thinking that this is karma coming back to bite me. I don't deserve to be happy."

"Rubbish," James scoffed. "No-one's perfect. I want you to be happy." He finished massaging her calves and moved up to her thighs, making gentle circular motions with his hands. "I'm just not sure how I can help," he admitted.

Cassie smiled. "You're already helping. I just wanted to forget about Ben for a while and take some time to figure out my feelings."

James's warm fingers glided up her inner thigh and brushed against her cotton panties. Cassie breathed in sharply as she felt a sudden flood of arousal. "Perhaps the lady would like a happy-ending massage, then?" James asked huskily.

"Yes, she really would," Cassie replied.

The fingers on her thigh moved upwards again and slipped inside the edge of her panties to stroke her moist folds. Cassie spread her legs to give him easier access and he slipped a finger inside to caress her gently. It felt wonderful but it didn't do anything to assuage the aching need that Cassie felt.

She wriggled out of James' grasp and turned over, then pulled her panties off quickly. She lay naked on the bed and stared up at him. Unexpected tears were forming in the corners of her eyes. "Please, I need you now," she begged.

James stared at her for a moment but then pulled his t-shirt off. Cassie was immediately distracted by the toned muscles. He really had been working hard with those weights. Then he undid his jeans and they fell on the floor, along with a pair of boxer shorts. She greedily took in the view of toned abs, the sexy narrow hips and proud erection. He took a moment to fetch a condom from the dresser.

James' eyes were dark and expressionless as he crawled across the bed on his hands and knees. Cassie spread her legs in anticipation. He kissed her gently and positioned himself between her legs. "You know I'm always here for you, babe," he whispered.

He pushed into her and Cassie held him close. She loved the feeling of warm skin on skin, and the feeling of completeness that came from having a man inside her. As James started to thrust she closed her eyes and surrendered to the rhythm. It wasn't anywhere near as intense as being with Ben but James was a considerate lover and comfortable like a well-worn pair of jeans.

Cassie breathed in his spicy scent and ran her hands through his hair. Straight and silky, not curly like Ben's...damn that man for invading her thoughts again. "Faster," she urged James. Luckily James had plenty of stamina and they were both thoroughly sweaty when he finally climaxed with a groan. Cassie held him tight and felt his heart pounding against her own.

It didn't take James long to get his breath back and he rolled to one side and regarded Cassie with a thoughtful expression. "You were still thinking about him, weren't you?" he asked.

"Sorry," said Cassie guiltily. "You were great, honestly...."

James laughed. "Damn, girl. You've got a bad case of the hots for him, haven't you?"

"I guess I do," she replied gloomily. "I feel bad about taking advantage of you."

James just pulled her in for a hug. "Trust me; I'm more than happy to be taken advantage of like this. Any time you need me." He cupped Cassie's chin in his hand and forced her to look him in the eyes. "Some day you're going to find the perfect single guy, Cass. He'll be a neat-freak like you and you'll be deliriously happy together. Don't settle for being the other woman."

"Ben doesn't think I'm a neat-freak," Cassie objected good-naturedly. "You're just really messy."

***

It was almost eleven by the time Cassie got home. She was ready to fall into bed and sleep but received a text message from Ben almost as soon as she got in the door.

#Hi gorgeous, just saw your car arrive. Were you working late?

Cassie fleetingly wondered what she should tell Ben. But she soon decided that honesty was the best policy. If he got jealous, that was too bad.

#No, I was with James

Another text arrived a minute later.

#I wish you could have been with me instead :(

Cassie wondered whether he meant instead of his girlfriend, or instead of James...her head hurt trying to figure it out. In the end, she realised a simple reply would be equally true for both options.

#Me too

***

By the time next Monday rolled around Cassie still hadn't decided what to do, if anything, about Ben. All she knew for sure was that she wanted him. And since his girlfriend was flying out that morning she could soon have what she wanted again. It was very wrong, of course, but at the same time it felt so right.

Cassie watched the clock at work all day and when it reached 5.30pm she was out of there like a lab rat making a break for freedom. She didn't even bother going home to her apartment but went directly to Ben's door instead. As soon as he opened the door he swept her up in his strong arms and arms and kissed her enthusiastically. "God, I missed you," he said huskily.

Cassie stood on tip-toes and leaned into his warm chest, breathing in his unique scent. She sighed happily. "I missed you too."

"Are you sure it wasn't just my cooking you missed?" he teased. "I'm making satay chicken for dinner, by the way."

"I didn't come here for food," Cassie growled. She kissed him again, more insistently.

"You don't want dinner?" Ben asked, pretending to be hurt. "After all the trouble I went to prepare it...oh, fuck!" Cassie had tried to surreptitiously undo the zipper on his pants and the brush of her hand against his erection prompted the outburst.

He backed away from Cassie and she was dismayed until she realized he was just turning the cooking elements off. He soon returned and wrapped his arms around her affectionately. "Now, where were we?"

Cassie just grinned and sank to her knees in front of him. She pulled his pants and boxers down to his hips and his cock sprang free. Ben sighed happily and leaned back against the counter as she took a firm grip and ran her tongue along the length of it. "What did I do to deserve you?" he asked in wonder.

"I guess you won the neighbour lottery," she replied, lifting her head momentarily.

Ben ran his hands through her curly hair. "I really did. Did you do your previous neighbour too?"

Cassie stopped what she was doing and glared up at him. "I most certainly did not. I'm not a complete nympho, you know!"

"Of course not," he agreed condescendingly. "Just a little bit nympho."

"Shut up," Cassie commanded. She took his cock in her mouth and swirled her tongue around it as he bucked involuntarily. She loved the way he groaned and murmured encouragement when she went down in him. She enjoyed it even more when she reduced him to incoherent babbling.

Ben reached down and undid the top buttons of her shirt. His warm hands caressed the tops of her breasts. Then he pushed her lacy bra down to expose her nipples. Cassie shivered in pleasure as he pinched them gently but she refused to be distracted. She bobbed her head up and down, faster and faster. He was getting so big and hard that she could barely fit her mouth around him, but her hand gripped the rest of his engorged length firmly.

Ben started shuddering and his cock twitched violently in her mouth. "Cassie...darling, you need to stop," he gasped.

"Nuh-uh," Cassie mumbled with her mouth full. She kept up the vigorous pace.

"Oh...my...God!" he groaned and Cassie felt warm liquid hit the back of her throat as his cock spasmed uncontrollably. She swallowed instinctively and then licked the rest off him as he continued to shudder. She had never swallowed with any other guy but with Ben it was different for some reason, not distasteful at all.

Cassie stood up and licked her bottom lip seductively. Ben was breathing hard but had the most adorable, contented grin on his face. "I love that you're so naughty," he said admiringly. He pulled her in for a hug and Cassie leaned her head against his chest to hide her startled expression. There was that "L" word again. She had to fight back the wave of longing that suddenly threatened to overwhelm her.

Stupid girl, she scolded herself. It's just sex!

When she regained control of her emotions she lifted her head from Ben's chest. "How about I have a shower while you finish cooking?" she said brightly.

"Of course," he nodded. "But don't go anywhere; I still have plans for you later this evening...after I get my strength back."

***

Weeks passed and the warm sunny days of early autumn gave way to frosty mornings and piles of fallen leaves on the tree-lined suburban streets. On Sunday evening Cassie was, as usual, in Ben's apartment. They sprawled on his leather couch and were both looking a little worse for the wear.

"My thighs hurt," Ben moaned.

"It'll pass in forty-eight hours," Cassie informed him. "You'll be fine next time; it doesn't take long for muscles to adapt.

"Next time?" he repeated. "I can't believe you talked me into doing it once!"

She laughed and poked him in the side. "It looked like you were having fun to me, especially on the downhill parts."

"Yeah, until that stupid tree got in my way," Ben retorted. He wore a few bruises from that particular collision. "Lunch was good though."

Cassie blushed at that memory. They had sneaked away from the rest of the mountain biking group at lunchtime and found a secluded grove in the forest where Ben proceeded to bring her to orgasm several times and then took her from behind while she leaned against a branch. They had probably destroyed the innocence of several baby possums in the vicinity. She'd never had outdoor sex before but definitely wanted to do it again. Maybe with a blanket next time.

They blobbed-out on the couch watching TV all evening with Cassie lying comfortably in Ben's arms. But she inwardly wrestled with an issue that had been on her mind for weeks. Finally she decided that now was as good a time as any to bring it up.

"Is your girlfriend still returning to New Zealand in July?" she asked hesitantly.

The hand which had been idly stroking her stomach stilled. She sat up and saw a guilty expression on Ben's face. "Yes, she is," he replied.

Cassie looked him directly in the eye. "I'm going to look for a new apartment before she arrives."

Ben looked shocked. "But...why? I thought you loved your place. You're always talking about how it's such a great location."

"I think you know why," she said gently. "I don't want to be sneaking around right under your girlfriend's nose."

"But I can come and see you at your new place, right?" he asked hopefully.

Cassie crossed her arms. "No."

Ben's face fell and she braced herself for the puppy-dog eyes. "Even just as friends? I'd miss your sexy body of course, but I think would miss your friendship even more."

"Ben..." she sighed. "You know as well as I do that we wouldn't be able to resist temptation. We can't be 'just friends'"

"I know, I am an 'amazing' lover after all," he said smugly.

She rolled her eyes. "I'm serious. I need for us to have a clean break so I can move on with my life."

Ben sat up and she didn't think she'd ever seen him look so despondent. "You didn't exactly have a 'clean break' with James," he said accusingly.

"Leave James out of this," she snapped. "That was different, anyway."

"How is it different?" he demanded.

"Because I wasn't in love with him!"

Ben looked startled, and seemed to be momentarily lost for words. Cassie looked away and mentally kicked herself for showing her true feelings. Now things would be really awkward.

"You love me?" he repeated softly.

"Yes, you idiot. And I want more than just a stolen moment here and there when you manage to sneak away from your girlfriend!" Cassie stared challengingly at him. Deep inside she held on to a little spark of hope that he loved her too. But as the moments ticked by that hope faded.

"I did warn you right from the start not to fall in love with me," he quipped.

Cassie stared in disbelief. Did he think her feelings were a joke? "Yes," she retorted. "I remember." She jumped to her feet and snatched her sweater from the back of the couch.

"Wait, don't leave," Ben pleaded. He stumbled to his feet. "We need to talk about this."

"You've already said enough!" Cassie turned and ran from his apartment before the tears could overwhelm her.

***

When she ignored the knocking at her door Ben tried to call, and then text her. Cassie curled up in bed with her phone and read his message.

#I'm sorry, you just caught me by surprise. Can we please talk?

Cassie stared at the screen. She knew it was childish to avoid him, but she really couldn't face talking right now.

#Not tonight, she replied.

#Ok, I'll wait until you're ready. I never meant to hurt you.

She put her phone down and then cried herself to sleep.

***

The next morning Cassie left for the lab half an hour earlier than normal, in an effort not to bump into Ben as he travelled to work too. She was angry at him, but more so at herself. She was supposed to be a smart, independent woman. Not some silly girl to let her heart be broken by a man who had never promised her anything.

She quietly stole into her apartment again that evening. Ben sent another text saying he missed her. Cassie wanted more than anything to go to him and be comforted in his arms, but she couldn't bear his pity. So she sent him another text.

#I'm sorry I got all emotional last night. Please forget it happened.

His reply arrived after a minute or two.

#Don't be sorry. I'm glad you said what you did.

Cassie stared at her phone. He still wasn't saying he loved her back. She supposed it was a real ego-boost for him to have two women in love with him. She didn't feel like eating so just poured herself a meal-replacement shake and caught up on some reading for work for the rest of the evening.

By Wednesday Cassie realised she could hardly avoid Ben forever, and she resolved to be brave and talk with him that evening. So she sent him a text while she was at work, asking if he was free that evening. But his reply unexpectedly thwarted her plan.

#Sorry darling, but I'm in Sydney at the moment. Catch up when I get back?

Cassie felt like her heart was breaking all over again. He'd run off to be with his real girlfriend; it seemed pretty clear where his priorities were. She went to the gym that evening and spent over an hour pounding on the treadmill while listening to classic rock music. By the time she got home she was exhausted but felt better. She didn't need him. Or any man.

***

Cassie wrestled with her unruly hair. It was Friday evening and she was going out. She wasn't sure where, but she would hopefully have some fun scoping out single guys. Anything had to be better than moping around at home like a pathetic lovesick puppy. She checked out her sexy new red top and skin-tight jeans in the mirror. The outfit wasn't as pretty as her usual attire but it broadcast confidence and that was what she needed to feel.

She was almost ready to leave when there was a knock at the door. She opened it, not sure what to expect. She did not expect to see a giant bunch of red roses. The roses moved to one side and Ben's face appeared. "Hi, gorgeous," he said. Then he took in her appearance. "Wow, you look great. Going somewhere?"

"Err, yes...or no. I mean, I don't have to." She blinked in confusion. "Are those for me?"

"They sure are," he replied with a grin. He stepped into her apartment and put the roses down on her French-style console table.

Cassie closed the door and followed him, bemused. "But you never got me flowers before?"

"I know. But I thought I should make the effort." Ben turned towards Cassie and she found herself backing away nervously.

"That's really sweet...but they don't change anything, you know," she said matter-of-factly. She cocked her head and stared at him. "Why did you go to Sydney?"

"Because," he said sombrely, "after five years I didn't think it would be right to end things with Melanie over the phone."

Cassie wondered if she was dreaming. "You broke up with her?" she repeated.

"Yes," said Ben. He reached out for her again and this time she didn't back away. He put his arms around her waist and she leaned in, craving his warm touch. "I should have done it a long time ago," he continued. "But I was afraid of hurting her and I also selfishly didn't want to burn any bridges for something that might just be a short-term fling."

"Does this mean..." Cassie's voice trailed off.

"Yes, I love you too, silly."

She smiled in relief. "Even though I'm weird?"

"I especially love that you're weird." He kissed her forehead. "And a bit eccentric, and high maintenance..."

Cassie cleared her throat in warning.

"...and smart and funny and sexy as hell," he continued.

She smiled and pulled his head down for a kiss. No more words were needed after that. They quickly divested each other of clothes and found their way to Cassie's bed and under the covers. Because it was a bit cold to be walking around naked, after all.

***

Cassie cuddled up to Ben's naked chest, feeling all cosy and warm like a cat. His left hand stroked idle circles on her stomach. Her body still tingled from multiple orgasms. She couldn't remember ever being so blissfully happy. His stomach chose that moment to interrupt with a growl.

Cassie giggled. "I guess it is getting kind of late. Would you like something for dinner?"