All Comments on 'Never Let You Go Ch. 10'

by stalkme

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
arrowglassarrowglassalmost 10 years ago
Not sure.....!

I liked the idea of what they had together, but the violence/hatred/lack of any remorse with the "temporary replacement" reveals a fatal law in him.

bearsladybearsladyalmost 10 years ago

I usually don't comment on stories I don't like (usually don't even finish) or ones I like some things about but not others.....I'm going to with this one.

You writing style is really good. You are capable of creating nice characters, good amount of details and deliver hot sex scenes. But for me, the 'ick' factor has finally gotten to me. He is a stalker. Not a stalker 'for a few days or wks while I'm realizing it's over' not a 'shes sending mixed messages, I'm confused', but a flat out, obsessed, major mental issues, don't care what she wants, stalker.

If your goal is to show classic stalker behavior (without the constant calls and gifts) and give a peek into the mindset, you have somewhat succeded. If your goal is to show a nice girls reaction to behavior that hasn't quite stepped over the line (no threats), you have somewhat succeded.

If your goal was to write a 'love story' where the couple overcomes misunderstandings, hurt feelings, ends with love conquers all and happily-ever-after-amazing-orgasms-forever, you SERIOUSLY missed the mark.

I kept reading waiting for one of them to get a clue that he needed serious help. That hasn't happened. I kept waiting for Max to realize it wasn't ok to have a Jenna surrogate. The fact he thought nothing of using violence against her, no matter how skeevy she is, made me flashforward 5 yrs. And he's back in prison for murdering her or someone that's hurt her feelings.

So you've lost me on this one. If you write another, I'll start reading simply because you are a good writer. But another along these lines and you'll end up in my 'don't read'pile. I'm sure you'll find others on the site that will love your stories.

nohavegoodnamenohavegoodnamealmost 10 years ago
bearslady's comment rings true

I feel exactly as she does. You're a great writer, Max just gives me the heebie jeebies and I don't feel like I can read any more. Look forward to your next effort, though.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Don't!

I repeat: Don't! Let these other commenters discourage you or alter your plans for this piece. While I find it difficult to feel bad for Max as his true colors are revealed, I'd love to learn more about his past and the outcome of his and Jenna's relationship. You are a great writer and portray the characters very well. I'd love to see where this goes. I don't usually comment but I figured an optimistic review was well deserved. Keep up the good work!!!

stalkmestalkmealmost 10 years agoAuthor
Thanks everyone :)

thank you to everyone who is commenting and giving their opinions of the story. I am not offended by any of it, and love to see others impressions of Max. I will admit that this is not going to have a love story happy ending. Thats not the intention of the story. I'm thinking one or two more chapters and it will all be wrapped up. But I do understand that this sort of story is not for all. But THANK YOU for reading it!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
I want a happy ending!!!

No happy ending? Aww. I was hoping that somehow things would work out and they would get back together. I really ship them as a couple.

I'm not actually as creeped out as other commenters. From what I've read, I think that Max has the ability to redeem himself. As the first person who has given him the chance to love, Jenna brought out his unconditional loving side and showed that he is able to be tender and caring.

Despite his obsession with her, he actually restrained himself and was concerned about her wellbeing. Jenna's reaction to when she found out about Max's past was understandable, but I feel like she didn't give him much of a chance to explain himself; as in ask what he was in prison for. She immediately cast him off. Yeah, I disapprove of him going through with the surrogate Jenna and how he treated her, but he's trying to become a better person. I feel for him, because Jenna is the one person who showed him what love is in his life. He just wants to LOVE and BE LOVED.

I wish things would have turned out differently. :( They would have made each other so happy. Maybe you could write out an alternate scenario for readers like me.

But then again, this is coming from the person who cried with Max when Jenna left him...

stalkmestalkmealmost 10 years agoAuthor
To the last person 'anoynomous' that commented!

Im so glad that you see Max the way I am trying to portray him! :) I know for some he has gone too far and is a creep, but hes not meant to be. Hes a man who has never been loved or loved anyone and is struggling with the correct way to do so. he def. has issues from his unbringing and family dynamics have royally messed up his emotions. I didn't delve too much into his past b/c I thought ppl would get bored with that and want more sex. I am still undecided on the exact ending of the story. There is still hope for thme i will say, but in long term....who knows.

thank you so much for your input and for reading! :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Amazing

Love this story and your writing. The scenes between Max and Jenna are I ncredibly sexy and hot.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous