All Comments on 'New Beginning'

by iwantedtowrite

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
FA_JFFA_JFalmost 10 years ago

Glad you put this in noncon and not bdsm. You have a talent for writing complete douchebag tools deserving of restraining orders. Not much respect for her, either, but I suppose it is difficult to fight years of conditioning.

Your writing is strong enough to make me thoroughly dislike the all the characters and situation. I will be interested in what your bring us next time.

swingerjoeswingerjoealmost 10 years ago
Well written

I generally steer clear of the noncon category, but the other comments drew me in. I have to agree that the characters in this story definitely do not have a consensual Dom/sub relationship, so the placement of this story is appropriate.

This story is well-written, but it could use a little more background on the two main characters. We know they have been dating since middle school, but has he always been an abusive asshole? If not, what prompted this new behavior? If so, why did she stay with him for so long?

Keep writing.

iwantedtowriteiwantedtowritealmost 10 years agoAuthor
Letter from the Author

Hey everyone, Couldn't figure out how to get a disclaimer on to this, but I would appreciate your feedback. Should I try and get this story taken down? It is a piece of writing I have been working on to go with another story for another purpose (not this web site.) Obviously Cole is the bad guy here and it is in non-consent for a reason. I've gotten some mixed feedback ... people writing to tell me that this is 'abuse' ... yes, it is. That's why it's in the non-consent section. I wonder if my caption should've been different, and I will seek to change it. That being said, it is also a fictional tale that was never meant to cause anyone harm or hurt feelings. I truly appreciate the comments (both good and bad, because it's going to help me improve the piece as a whole and not just this scene.) I'm really interested that you find Miranda hate-able. I will certainly need to 'fix' her for the next run/final story! But, again, wasn't meant to offend. I appreciate the input.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago

I loved this

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
re: "Letter from the Author"

"Should I try and get this story taken down?" -- NO!!!

"... it is in non-consent for a reason." -- and anyone with more than two brain cells to rub together can see that

"I wonder if my caption should've been different..." -- no, your caption is fine; it teases the interest, foreshadows the plot (a little), and forewarns the reader (when it's combined with the category)

"appreciate the comments" and "appreciate the input" -- from this reader: thank you and you're welcome

I voted 5 stars

--- don't feed the trolls ---

MantanasterMantanasteralmost 10 years ago
Write more -- don't let the haters bother you.

It was a good story, man. Hope you'll write more. I like that the character is kind of an asshole, and that the girl feels no choice but to go along with it. It's a great non-consent fantasy. Please continue!

FA_JFFA_JFalmost 10 years ago
Abosulutely DO NOT take it down!

Stories (especially on Lit) do not need to be fairy dust and singing forest creatures. People don't even have to LIKE a story to recognize it as a good story. Any story will have lovers, haters and the indifferent. Human desires vary so widely. As an author, please yourself first and then work to present the best crafted story you can. Other than that, know you will never please all.

Re: my initial comment

I was sincere about the placement. Some clearly noncon stories are put into bdsm and that is troubling. You recognized the difference. :)

You meant for Cole to be a bad guy. He's an awesome bad guy! Completely want to to beat the everlovin' crap out of him. Cudos.

Miranda...I don't hate her, but I not fond of doormat people. However, not every heroine is spunky and full of fight. How do YOU see her (or want us to see her)? Should we feel sympathy? Wish her even greater trouble? Want her to push back? Much depends on where you plan to take the story.

Your title and tag line were fine. Most Lit readers can read between the lines. When in doubt, you can always add a brief author comment at the start of the story with any additional info. That helps many readers, but won't stop all grumpy pants.

You've made a great start as an author. Don't stop now. :)

PallasAthena123PallasAthena123almost 10 years ago
Good writing

I say leave it up.

It is, absolutely, 100% abuse. And I think it's well written, for what it is. There's definitely a whole way problematic thing with how we read and write abuse like this for pleasure, and fetishize the victimization of women (and others). Ideally, I'd like to stop coming to this section (look how well that's going for me), and I'd LOVE to stop seeing anything ever posted here. But if you're not going to stop writing this all together, there's no reason to take it down.

I think the reason people hate Miranda probably has to do with our society's victim-blaming mentality. It's SUPER common for victims of abuse to comply with their abuser's wishes even though they know they are being mistreated and don't want to be in that position. It doesn't make them weak, or pushovers, or doormats. It's one of the facts of abuse. If everyone was able to stand up and fight back every time, then abuse wouldn't exist. But abusers take advantage of these weaknesses in human psychology to manipulate their victims. It's important to remember this and not displace blame onto the victims.

But for some reason, accepting that some people are monsters is harder for us to do than it is to blame a woman for her own debasement and abuse. I don't know why that is. I don't think anyone knows WHY we engage in victim-blaming, but I'll tell you, for sure, that is why people would be hating on Miranda.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
The ex...wow

Dudes an asshole...not very erotic but kinda...non consent..wasn't much struggle from the ex gf

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Oh no!

I thought there would be more! Does he continue to take advantage of get her?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous