Next Generation Christian Kingdom Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"The most deviant form of this kind of politics is when those that claim to be fighting against it are actually engaged in it. Many of the elite liberals claim that our war against terror is nothing more than President Bush using us-and-them politics to gain political advantage. Yet it is they that are doing it. Pointing out an obvious threat is not an act of us-and-them politics.

"You see, liberals actually consider President Bush to be a greater threat to them than the people who have openly sworn our subjugation or death. The evidence of President Bush engaging in our subjugation exists only the delusional minds of paranoid conspiracy theorists.

"We will always be at risk of being manipulated as long as we believe 'them' is real. At the same time, we shouldn't be stupid about this either. Liberals are forever talking about how we need to talk to the jihadis. What utter fools they are.

"It's one thing for you to place someone into a 'them' category, yet it's another thing when they want no part of being one of us. We should always be looking for an opening for them to become one of us, but when someone threatens your life and liberty you need to act in a manner that protects us."

Lady Jennifer paused here for a moment, and then continued. "That concludes my rundown of some examples of non-existent opposites. There are many more of them, of which the theological ones are really mind blowing, but we'll leave that for another day. I know you are probably not fully convinced of that last one, but as your enlightenment builds, and you begin to see the reality of 'us,' you will then understand about how 'them' is an illusion.

"Any questions before I get to my final point?" Lady Jennifer asked. Becky Pfahdt raised her hand now. "Yes Becky?"

"Mistress Jennifer, I think your description of the deviant form of us-and-them politics just confused me more than helped. I don't understand your criteria for one person who is just pointing out threats versus the others supposed us-and-them politics. Couldn't both be right?"

"Not really," began Lady Jennifer. "I only used the presence of declared threats on one side, with the lack of any credible evidence on the other to make my point, but the evidence of my accusation runs much deeper than that. Normally I leave this discussion for when we get into politics, but I'll throw it now for your sake.

"Take the basic principle of liberal politics. Its cornerstone is us-and-them politics. It cannot function without the presence of have's and have not's. There is no point to liberalism without victims and perpetrators. This makes them not only more prone to us-and-them politics, but it practically makes them blind to it in them.

"The reason they are blind to it in them is a little something called projection, and once you factor it into this equation, then all sorts of terrible delusions start popping up. Projection is when you see the evil that resides in you as actually residing in others. Liberals naturally assume that conservatives are more evil than them, so any evil they themselves perpetrate must be occurring in a greater degree in 'them.'

"Because of projection, any action that can be evidence of evil will be evidence of evil. Also because of it, any warning of danger that conservatives make about the terrorists will be slammed as nothing but a political ploy to divide the American people. They know they engage in us-and-them politics, so conservatives must do it even more, and leads to them to grasp at anything that will allow them to believe it to be true.

"Any more?" Lady Jennifer said while looking around the room.

"Ok, time for the big one. There is no way to soft peddle it, so I am just going to state it... There is no such thing as a government." She paused for a few minutes to let what she said to sink in.

"Government is just a word that we have created like dark, cold and them. This word can be very beneficial when we use it to discuss how we are going to govern ourselves, yet it is highly destructive when we use it terms of what they are supposed to do for them, or more likely, what we demand they do to them.

"Governments have never accomplished anything. And I mean absolutely nothing. All of the good that has happened in this nation has happened because we have made it happen. Believing in the accomplishments of government is like believing in the effectiveness of speed limits or drug laws. I don't care what the 'government' does, until we buy into it, nothing happens.

"One of the best examples of the foolishness of liberals is to look at their great savior, President Franklin D. Roosevelt, and his actions during the Great Depression. For those of you who don't know, President Roosevelt is to liberals what President Ronald Reagan is to conservatives.

"At this time, I am not going to get into what caused the Great Depression. It certainly was not what you may have heard as some failing of capitalism. The point for now is that the country was in it, and a President who wanted to be seen as doing something about it was in office. Any liberal worth his salt will tell you that FDR is the one responsible for pulling us out of the depression, yet any honest analysis of what he did will show that he only deepened and prolonged it.

"And it doesn't take a degree in economics to understand why. If you have a president that is constantly changing the laws that govern how you can conduct your business, are you going to invest in that or any other business? Without investment, all economies die. The facts remain that we pulled ourselves out of the depression, not him, but we didn't really get a chance to until the President got distracted by a little thing called World War Two.

"This is a great failing of all unenlightened people, not just liberals. If they see a well-intentioned like-mind person do something, then see something get better, they will then believe that what ever that person did, must be what is responsible for things getting better. This is the root cause in believing in the existence of a government.

"No matter how you look at it -- assuming you look at it with enlightened eyes -- we must do something for anything to get done. A belief in a government prevents us, delays us, or makes it more costly to do whatever eventually needs to be done by us anyway. As you will see, people believe in government because they do not have the vision to figure out how we are to do anything. They just hit the default button of 'let's have the government take care of it.'

"Now, the final nail in the coffin of the idea that liberalism is an enlightened form of thought is not its complete faith in a complete fiction like the government. It is the liberals lack of understanding that enlightened people require no government at all. Enlightened people do not need a nanny state to take care of them, nor do they need a 'Big Brother' to whack them when they do wrong. Liberals have absolutely no vision of a future of mankind with out a government, and in fact only see an expansion of it.

"Liberalism is not a path to enlightenment, it is a fast track to delusion and misery."

Lady Jennifer again paused to allow what she said to sink in, and then continued. "I want to be very clear about something. There is a direct correlation between a person's lack of vision, and their need to have a government do something for them, or to someone else. There more you believe a government needs to do something, the less enlightened you become.

"Conversely, the more you seek solutions where 'we are governing ourselves' the more enlightened you become. This occurs because of the simple fact that you are now thinking about what really exists, and not an illusion. There really is no mystery to it.

"So to wrap up our lesson for today, we began your travel towards enlightenment by looking into what are words for. At best, they can only represent reality; they can never be reality. Placing your faith in words is placing your faith in an illusion.

"On the other hand, enlightenment is all about reality, and this gets to the heart of why I can't define it for you. It defies being defined, because it can't be handed to you like the definition of a word. Using words to define enlightenment is like using illusions to define reality. The more you use words to nail down what it is, the farther from it you get.

"The best advice I can give you at this time is to look to the people around you. We believe that God has given us everything we need to achieve enlightenment with just the people we meet everyday.

"It is by understanding relationships that enlightenment can be obtained; but not just any relationships. The more diverse the people are around you, the more you are forced to think outside of yourself in order to relate to them. Conversely, the more you seek out those just like you, the less likely you will achieve enlightenment.

"We even go so far as to believe that if you were to meet someone exactly like you then no relationship could even exist.

"Any questions?" Of course she knew there would be. She only lightly covered subjects that they will spend the next few months working to fully comprehend. She only stopped now because anymore would only increase the number of questions from the girls, and she wanted to wrap this up by lunch. As she predicted, every hand popped up, so she decided to go from left to right. "You first Marcia."

Marcia's question was typical of the kind Lady Jennifer anticipated, which boiled down to nothing more than stunned disbelief. "Mistress Jennifer... I uh... uhmmm... are you saying that we should eliminate the government?"

"I can't very well call for the elimination of something that I don't believe exists, now can I? I have no problems using the word government, just like I have no problems using the word dark. The only difference is that I know the reality of what I speak of.

"Yet in the strictest sense, yes, the government should be eliminated. The 'middleman' only gets in the way."

Next up was Alyson Frazier. Her question was exactly what Lady Jennifer would have expected of her. "Mistress Jennifer, a government is more than just what we want to tell people to do. It is also a reflection of the people in the country. It's kind of like the face of everyone in it. It declares what kind of people we are. How can something like that be eliminated?"

Lady Jennifer responded, "Easy. A government will always be a distorted representation of its people; never an accurate reflection of them. Sometimes this 'face,' as you call it, is more monstrous than the people in it, such as it is with Iran. I don't think anyone believes that the people of Iran are as evil as their government.

"Most of the times, though, the government simply masks its people, rather than providing a face. It makes their actions irrelevant. If I were to force you to do something good, would you in fact be good? Who knows?

"You cannot judge the actions of anyone who is forced to do something. If you want to see what kind of person he really is, then you must allow him to act in a way that does not come from the false consequences that are the result of governmental coercion.

"As an example, I was talking with a man of this kingdom not too long ago, who expressed how humiliating it was to be forced to pay child support to his former wife. Because of this government coercion, he is unable to know the self-respect a man should feel when they do the right thing, and support their children. What the government does acts like an acid on his relationship with his children.

"As you will learn more later, Ally, as long as the government relies on laws to accomplish what it believes it must, then it will never be an accurate reflection of its people."

Moving on, Allison Lilly's question was refreshing. Lady Jennifer didn't hear it often, so it is always nice to have it expressed. "Mistress Jennifer, I'm sure you have heard the saying that extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. Do you have any better evidence that there is no government besides this corollary to the reality of us and them? It seems to me your evidence is kind of weak."

"Of course it's weak, Allison. You are asking me to prove a negative, which is nearly impossible. You need to see that it is you that bares the burden of proof. You're the one that believes in the existence of a government, so it is you that must prove that it. Just because you have more people on your side who believe as you do, doesn't make your beliefs correct. So go ahead. Point out the government me.

"If you're willing to be honest with yourself you will see that the only thing you will be able to point to are people who claim to be the government, and I generally don't believe the claims of people who are seeking to have control over me.

"You need to see that the government is as real as money has value. Money only has value because we all are willing to believe it does, and for no other reason. Without all of us agreeing that it has value, it is less useful than toilet paper. The only difference between our belief in money, and our belief in the government, is that we don't expect money to actually do anything."

Sandra Nelson's question is exactly what Lady Jennifer expected of her. She knew that far too many conservatives were overly defensive of their politics, and Sandra was no exception. "Mistress Jennifer, I would like to go back to what you said about Conservatives being their own worst enemy. President Bush was just reacting to the lies of the mainstream media when he used the phrase compassionate conservative. When Republicans are hounded out of office for minor transgressions, yet a Democrat gets caught with $100K in the freezer and still gets re-elected, I would say the media are more to blame than us. Why do you believe differently?"

"First of all, you need to see that the only thing the media is doing is holding us to a higher standard than they do their like-minded brethren. And this is consistent with what we said last night that liberals see expectations as something you only inflict on your enemies, not on your friends. Conservatives make a serious mistake when they see liberalism achieving their goals through the actions of the media, and foolishly believe that we could also if we had their help.

"I could not think of a worse fate for conservatism than to have the mainstream media on our side. Liberalism can spread through the media, but conservatism can't. Conservatism requires one on one contact. It is spread by people who set an example that others come to admire, and no other way. Instead of whining about the media's treatment of us, you should be grateful for it.

"I cannot overstate this. Conservatives are their own worse enemy. The liberal media is actually doing us a favor, because it forces us to focus on our strengths. The media can never be a reliable ally."

Evellyn Robinson's question was the reasonable, fact-based question that Lady Jennifer anticipated from her. "Mistress Jennifer, I think it would be helpful to understand what you're saying if you explained how things like the police or fire departments would work without governments. Or better yet, the military. I can't see how that would work without the government."

Lady Jennifer paused for a moment to collect her thoughts, then said, "I mis-spoke when I said the government should be eliminated. What I meant to say is that the government as it is commonly understood should be eliminated. The things we all -- and I do mean all -- want done, of course, I want to continue to be done through what should be called the government. But in my view, the government is what we have chosen for it to do, not what elites have decided what is best. Anything that cannot get everyone's support should be done through private hands until everyone is convinced that it should be the government's responsibility.

"Additionally, there is a fine line that you must understand, particularly when it comes to something like the military. Many liberals would like to see it greatly reduced, if not eliminated all together. They only see the military as a drain on our resources, and that its mere existence provokes the hostility we see directed towards us. Getting them on board with funding the military would be very problematic with my view of the government, but at the same time, these liberals should be careful what they wish for.

"If they were to some how to pull off what their hearts desire, and drastically reduce our military, then there exist, right now, enough patriotic citizens that are willing to privately finance the military. The left may believe that the war on terror is nothing more than a bumper sticker, but there are enough of us in this country who see it as a reality. And like any person alive, we are going to do what is necessary to insure our security. And that includes privately funding the military if we have to.

"The thing is, once we are paying for the military directly, and not with taxes, we'll start to see that the rest of the foolish nonsense that our taxes are being wasted on will seem even more like foolish nonsense, and this will make it even more likely that we will throw off our government.

"So to answer your question Evellyn, we are very, very close to throwing off our government as we know it. Now when I say close, I don't mean soon. I just mean that our ability to do so is nearly there.

"Before we leave this question, I want to talk about one of those many lessons to learn from our military. One of the most important reasons why the finest people our country has to offer are members of the military is because of the elimination of the draft. Coercion is not used to get people in, nor is it used to keep people in. You should keep this in mind when you are thinking about the kind of people you want in this country, and how best to bring them about. It's not done with force."

Becky Phadt's question was a bit of a disappointment for Lady Jennifer. She would have hoped that Becky would have progressed a little farther than she had. "Mistress Jennifer, while I know what you have been saying about socialism is true, I still think your position is a bit extreme. You seem to have nothing but contempt for good intentions, but wouldn't any worthy endeavor begin with good intentions? While a valid point can be made that socialism has been a failure wherever it has been tried, does that mean that it should never be tried again? Maybe it's an idea that hasn't had the right approach taken yet.

"Take Universal Health Care for example. I am willing to concede that there are a few problems with it, but if those problems could be worked out, wouldn't the pay off be worth the effort?"

"I'm sorry to say Becky," began Lady Jennifer. "...but socialism is fundamentally flawed, and health care is an excellent example to prove it.

"Did you know that Great Britain has an equivalent agency like our FDA? Yet there is a key distinction. With Britain's version they must have a cost benefit analysis in their approval process, yet with America's, no consideration can be given to cost.

"You don't have to take my word for this. Simple common sense would say that you can't give everything to everyone. Something must ration whatever there is, and either the market place will do it, or the government will. In Great Britain, they must weigh the benefit to their society of a drug, against the cost it would take to deliver it.

"What is wrong with this, you might ask? An easy analogy is the microwave oven. When these things first became available to the public in the 70's, only the wealthy could afford them. Yet with a market for them firmly established for the rich, other manufacturers got into it, and came up with the means of making them cheaper. Eventually the cost came down enough that even the poorest among us could afford them.