All Comments on 'Nic in the Nick'

by bb1212

Sort by:
  • 17 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Awesome!

Absolutely loved it and can hardly wait for the results of the video being released. May all those scumsuckers burn in hell! Very, very well done.

gizzmo301gizzmo301about 18 years ago
Nothing else

Nothing else needs to be said ....this was a great story

peggytwittypeggytwittyabout 18 years ago
Excellent story

Very good writing and story.

Some minor typos but not enough to harm the reading.

I did get a kick out of the events and characters supposedly from the United States when reading and realizing the dialogue was British or I take it after seeing the Bio, Australia.

The differences were obvious in the first paragraph. It made the story even more interesting with the diverse slang used.

Dinner tonight would be out of the freezer and a packet, and then a bit of relax time in front of the TV before bed.

Dinner tonight would be out of the freezer and a box, and then a relaxing time in front of the TV before bed.

Panel beater instead of body and fender man

Mum instead of Mom

Chief warder instead of Warden

Warder instead of guard

Very good writing and looking forward to your next story

Thank you

bb1212bb1212about 18 years agoAuthor
Author's reply

Thanks for the comments people.

I was aware the slang etc. was going to be a bit out (we say thinners, you say reducer etc) but it had to set where the death penalty is used and we do not have it in Australia.

Please keep the comments coming as we all love to hear what you guys think

BB1212

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Unusual

This was really good. Quite an unusual theme, and well executed. Was hoped for some continuation though.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Andy dies happy

In your bio you say you're not a real writer...bullshit...stop fooling yourself and get serious....you are wasting an obvious talent if you do not pursue writing as a full time career. This is an excellent story, totally believable characters and an engrossing story. Got me right in and I could really identify with all the characters. Got to go and read another of your submissions. After reading several of your submissions all I can say is, don't stop...and get serious about making a good living as a writer.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
awesome

very, very unique story. would love to read more. i can see why some people are jealous! don't let the sour grapes get you down...

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 14 years ago
About the saddest story I've ever read

Uplifting? Yes. Well written? Absolutely. Was the ending correct? Only way it could end (but I kept hoping for a miracle).

ohioohioover 14 years ago
wow!

A marvelous, rich, and moving story. Thanks! ohio

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago

The story was well above the average. I'd have given more stars if it had been possible. I would have liked a different ending but the the story line probably wouldn't allow it. Thanks for a great story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago

WOW If you aren't still writing please start again!! If you are writing-where is it???

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
This story deserves...

so much more than my simple comment could convey. I'm astounded at how fantastic this read was.. visceral, loving, justice and redemption. Thank You.

BfreetorunBfreetorunover 10 years ago
Second time I have read this story.

I would have liked to have had a follow-up about all the crooked cops and judges that got into trouble but you and I know that as entrenched as they are they will be allowed to resign etc., as usual. Life in America rarely changes.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Follow up

I agree that a follow up to see the results and revenge but considering the speed of prosecution, the story would have to be "years long"!

I enjoyed the story and will read more of your work. Well done.

hnau0022hnau0022over 8 years ago
Great read

A great read, not good on the legal and prison stuff biut it's a story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Asshole,

You made me cry..........bill

DrizdartDrizdartabout 5 years ago
This is stunning ....

you need an editor and an agent ... seriously. The conception of the story, the blendings along the way, the pacing, the characters acting out their roles in totally believable ways -- all are extraordinary.

and the sexual scenes are believable and not gratuitous in the least.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous