Nice Guy Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Doug called me right after lunch and told me that Farnsworth contacted him with questions. He provided Farnsworth all the legal notice records and other documentation.

Mid afternoon Farnsworth called back.

"Mr. McLeod, William Farnsworth here. May we talk?"

"Certainly."

"I'm switching to speaker phone.

"Joe Klein is here in the office, but Janice has been taken back to the hospital. She had another breakdown when she learned of the divorce."

"I'm sorry to hear that," I said.

"Greg, Jan has been diagnosed with a form of post traumatic delayed stress syndrome caused initially by my mom's death and aggravated by dad's passing," Joe explained. "The only thing holding her together was her marriage to you. Why did you divorce her?"

"Joe, I really don't want to go into that right now." I replied. "She broke her wedding vows, stole our retirement fund, stopped supporting our household, smeared my reputation, filed a restraining order against me, and tried to have me jailed. Would you stay married to a woman who did that to you?"

"Gentlemen, please," Farnsworth interjected. "I'd like to discuss the matter at hand: Robert Klein's will."

"Go ahead," I said.

"Right before he died, Mr. Klein received a twelve million dollar settlement for his wife's untimely death. In a portion of Mr. Klein's will, he distributes those funds in thirds to his two children, one third each, and to you and Janice, one third. The portion allocated to you and Janice has a condition. The money will be distributed as a twenty-year annuity as long as you remain married."

"I guess I'm out of luck on that one, Farnsworth."

"Well, Mr. McLeod," Farnsworth replied, "because you were divorced before Mr. Klein died, the path here is not very clear. I have consulted with my partners and the probate judge, and we determined to provide a ninety day time extension. If you and Janice are remarried within ninety days from today and if you stay married, the conditions for disbursement of the annuity will be met."

"Son-of-a-bitch," I said. "What happens to the money if we don't remarry?"

"It will be distributed to his two children, equally. If you have any other questions, Mr. McLeod, please call me. Thank you."

Robert couldn't conceive that a "nice guy" would divorce his wife for fucking around on him, I reflected after the call. I sure fooled him. And that felt good. It only cost me four million dollars.

12