All Comments on 'Nicholas' Bargain Ch. 05'

by redsoles

Sort by:
  • 44 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Love it

I've been waiting for you to update this story and am glad to see another chapter, can't wait for the next one.

fefe428fefe428about 11 years ago
Great!!!

So glad that you're back again and have finished this story. I can't wait to read the last chapter. I really like the way you've developed Nicholas and how hard he's trying to please Lara. I just hope Amelia and Cole don't do something to get in the way of their happiness. I hope you can find a way for Amelia to forgive Cole, so they can be happy and leave Nicholas and Lara alone.

I really hope you're able to post the last chapter soon!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
:D

So happy you posted!! Great chapter!!

huntersangelhuntersangelabout 11 years ago
wow, i just love this story!

And the way you write also. I'm wanting a man like him, strong, dominant yet caring and gentle. If only.....

EuphoriaSlam69EuphoriaSlam69about 11 years ago
So thrilled!!!

That this story is about to reach its conclusion. The ending chapters are even better than the first ones and they're brilliant!!! Thanks for your stories!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Obsessed!

Nicholas is enthralling. Great story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Me too!

Agree with Anon below. I'm also enthralled with Nicholas. He is the best demon ever! LOL. Seriously, I adore this story and wish I could find someone like Nicholas. I also wish you didn't plan to end it, or if you do that you plan a sequel. He is such a wonderful blend of dominant and sweet. Alway's planning on being so tough on Lara and turning tender instead. Love him. Ironically, for a demon, I think he'd make a great father and I'd love to see your take on that. Anyway, breathlessly awaiting the next chapter. Thank you for this.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
OMG!

It's an honor to be reading this story. It has such great writing and character build up. I hope to see more stories as Nicholas' Bargain finishes off.

fefe428fefe428about 11 years ago
Last chapter????

I just reread this chapter again, so now I'm totally anxious to see what happens in the last chapter. Hope it's posted soon!!!!

katgoddess1katgoddess1about 11 years ago
Fabulous, in spite of the grammar

This really is a great story. I know you've heard it before though, the grammar needs work. With a little editing, this would sell easily, and be better than many published stories that I have paid to read lately. A little editing goes a long way! Your biggest problem is with homonyms-words that are pronounced the same way but are generally spelled differently and have totally different meanings. One that you frequently use is something that is 'too much to bare.' The word should be 'bear' as in too much of a burden. You also use to instead of too, meaning also. But, you are not alone! So many stories I read on Literotica have the same mistakes, and even some that are self published on Amazon for Kindle!

This is a good story, and I look forward to reading more from you!

drews_lette11drews_lette11about 11 years ago
Great story

I love this story. Despite the mix up of names and grammar errors. Like Margaret became Martha. lol. But still a really great story. I wish it was longer. Can't wait for the last chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
More !

Can't wait for the next chapter !

fefe428fefe428almost 11 years ago
Update soon???

Just wondering if you're planning to update this story again anytime soon?

spearishspearishalmost 11 years ago
Please finish this pleeease

Can't wait for the last chapter but I do wish you'd keep your names consistent ...first we have Mica and then Mika ...then we have Margaret who suddenly changed to Martha ....its very disconcerting !lol Great storyline though .

countrygirlflacountrygirlflaalmost 11 years ago
Another chapter?????

Is there another chapter????or just going to leave us hanging????Loving the story!!

innerpartyloveinnerpartylovealmost 11 years ago
Im scared ~

So, i was checking the dates in which you updated the story--- And it seems like you only add another chapter every YEAR. Will you force us to wait another year for the conclusion? Please tell me this is not so.

redsolesredsolesalmost 11 years agoAuthor
There will be no further chapter

Hi, just to let you know (and I updated the profile) I won't be adding to this story since I fell out of love with it after chapter 1. I continued because people left encouraging comments and I went down a story-line that never satisfied me after that. Yes, the grammar and spelling is quite terrible, I agree! It shames me. In my defence, I assure you that I know the difference between your/you're, to/too/ bare/bear etc! I mostly used to write NB at 3 in the morning after I'd finished my university work and wanted a break (aka after reading countless chapters about boring contract law etc) so there were many clumsy mistakes with the name changes etc (didn't realise it was quite as bad as it was!)

Thanks again for reading

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Nooooo!

This is The. Best. story I've read on this site. I picture Nicholas as Benedict Cumberbatch.

It makes me very sad that there will be no closure. I understand, but it's frustrating to read redsoles' comment after devouring all of the chapters. I kind of want to hijack the story and write my own ending, but I doubt I could replicate the author's voice, with its flow and humor.

Damn. My second favorite story, "Sacrifice," also stopped without a promised ending.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
pls rescind ur decision

Dear redsoles,

I quite understand the feeling of discontent when a budding masterpiece goes wrong, but you can't afford to abandon such a promising promising project. I really do wish you'd reconsider beacuse I see potential in the story. No one gets its fantastically right all the time. I do encourage to look towards other arcs or plots to revive your interest in the story. You've already given us the aura of danger, mystique and adventure. You can still work your original plot to merge with the present story which is more than just plesant.

Your writing style is fine and as for the tenses, don't worry. You will get there eventually. I have faith in you.

Your fan, SunKisst

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Unreal.

Thanks for starting something and not finishing it. This was a great story, well unfinished one I guess. It's unfortunate, but nothing any of the rest of us can do about it.

Good luck.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Endings

I'd just like to ask if you didn't like the direction of the story after chapter 1 why didn't you change it? After all you are the author. The story is what you make it. You could have just changed it and posted a new chapter 1 and made it what you envisioned. I have seen other authors on this site do it. While there is a tentative ending for Nicholas and Lara there isn't for Cole and Amelia. Alas, you aren't the only author to not finish a work as promised. You are, I think, the only author to inform readers there won't be a final chapter. So thank you for that at least.

Lucky762Lucky762over 10 years ago
Dear Redsoles, do what you think is best.

I absolutely love this story. I've read it all in one night. But if you no longer wish to produce another chapter,as much as it hurts to say, then so be it. I could tell after chapter two that the story wasn't flowing as it did in chapter one. I still loved it, but I could sort of tell you couldn't. I wouldn't fret about the mistakes. There are stories on here that I can't even comprehend. Mistakes are a part of being a human, so if anyone thinks you or your stories should be perfect- they're wrong. I look forward to any other stories you may write. I will simply make up the rest of the plot in my head.

SweetRapunzelSweetRapunzelover 10 years ago
Tooo bad ...

this story started out great and continue to be good. I think you sort of have a talent here. This story can be publish. I hope you find your muse and finish it and then rewrite from ch.2 since you are not happy with ch.2 - ch.5. What a pity not to finish it. But I'm glad that you continue this far. Thank you for a good story and for upload it for us to read. Hope life is treating you well and good luck with every thing ^_________^

shyvirginsubshyvirginsubover 10 years ago
:-(

Dissapointed that you wont be finishing

MistressMalfoyMistressMalfoyover 10 years ago
Hmm

I think the problem with this story is the inconsistency - tom or Tim Margaret or Martha... The story isn't that complex or intricate that you cannot find such glaring mistakes. I think with a total rework this could be a very good story but until then I find myself a little bored - sorry

redsolesredsolesover 10 years agoAuthor

Why be sorry? It's your opinion. I'm sorry that you found my story uninteresting and depthless! You're right, it needs a total rework. The idea was there in my head but never executed how I wanted it what with the long gaps in writing and my studies. I'm sorry you wasted your time on it if you disliked it so much though, life's too short!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
This story is bloody BRILLIANT!

Please ignore all the bad comments, like MistressMalfoy, this story is absolutely brilliant. All I want you to do redsoles (I'm sending hypnotic waves through the computer) is post part 2 of this chapter to complete your story. It doesn't matter if there are any mistakes in it just PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE finish it. A few clicks on your keyboard and voila! Chapter 6. We can all read it and then you can put it to bed, and forget all about it. Please! :)

geemeedeegeemeedeeover 10 years ago
Red, you're still around?!

Good grief, finish the story, then! Fuck all the naysayers and write what you want to write! Pleasepleaseplease? I've re-read this chapter so many times ...

redsolesredsolesover 10 years agoAuthor

The Benedict Cumberumber...er whatever his name is comment made me laugh. I love him and love the fact that someone pictured him as Nicholas! Very random. So it made me pick up and finish off the story and I will post it soonish for those that have stuck with the story

fefe428fefe428over 10 years ago
You just made my day!!!!

I am absolutely thrilled that whatever comment it was that made you decide to change your mind and finish the last part of this story. I've reread this chapter and most of the story several times, and for the people that didn't like it, well too bad for them!!! I'd venture to say based on the ratings the story has received that there are more of us out there that liked the story then didn't!!! You know what they say, different strokes for different folks. I will anxiously be awaiting the final installment of the story!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
YaHooooo! Yipeeeee!

It's the best news ever that you're going to finish this. I should really say it is FANTASTIC, BRILLIANT, MAGNIFICENT, STUPENDOUS! I can't wait.

THANKYOU, THANKYOU, THANKYOU.

:)

redsolesredsolesover 10 years agoAuthor

Thanks guys. If you check back by next Friday/the weekend it should be up. Takes a bit of time for Lit to upload.

CherrypeachCherrypeachover 10 years ago
Wearing a big smile

Thank you for reconsidering this tale. It is sublime how the characterizations flow in your yarn. I adore how Nick battles himself- emotions, actions, etc- then capitulates or should I say submits to love. The overarching battle in your tale is not good vs evil, God vs the Devil, or man vs woman. I think the theme is conquering our fear to love fully, be it ourselves and/or each other. Because love can soothe/heal all types of hurts- Lara's parental betrayal, neglect and abuse as well as Nick's internal jadedness.

Again, thanks for giving us an early Xmas gift. Take care! 😀

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
yaaaay!

I'm so happy you've updated I love this story so much! Thank you thank you thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Still Waiting!

Well, Friday and the weekend has come and gone and still no Chapter 6. Maybe it's got lost somewhere, and you need to post it again. It has happened before to other Authors, and when they re-posted, it was uploaded within 3-5 days.

Sitting on the edge of my seat with bated breath.

:)

redsolesredsolesover 10 years agoAuthor

Hi! I finished writing it on the weekend but I want to proof read it a few times before I submit, add on the additional days for lit to approve and it should be on shortly but I missed the deadline I'd planned to post it due to work etc

Thanks for being patient!

fefe428fefe428over 10 years ago
I'm glad someone asked....

I was starting to think I'd dreamed the whole thing and that I never saw anything saying the Chapter 6 would be showing up. I know that's a bit ridiculous, but I'd never seen an update take so long to post.

redsolesredsolesover 10 years agoAuthor

Sorry Fefe, I actually only started to write this part a few days ago as I had prior to that abandoned this story. As I said, it's all done, I just want to proof read it which I only have a limited time to do after work (It's like working to a deadline at work!)

123udontknowme123udontknowmeover 10 years ago
Last part please!

I want to know how it ends. I just found this today and am anxious to know how it ends. How many children will they have? Will you describe how the other realm is when he takes Lara with him?

Will check often to see if there's any updates.

redsolesredsolesover 10 years agoAuthor

I'm still submitting the last part, I just want it to be amazing rather than mediocre which requires greater time devotion so please bear with me

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Hi there!

Just letting you know that I, and probably all your readers, are still waiting patiently for chapter 6. But, could you please possibly tell us whether the chapter will be up before Christmas or after. :)

thedevilslayerthedevilslayerover 10 years ago
next ch.

It's been what,more than 10 months since last chapter.Atleast can u give us any dates for ch-6 ???

redsolesredsolesover 10 years agoAuthor
It's done! At last...

next part has been submitted - I had to split it (although I've completed it all) so that I could edit the last part properly, plus it was too long so I wanted to break it up and not keep everyone waiting even longer

I hope you enjoy it

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userredsoles@redsoles
295 Followers
The edited/revised version of Nicholas' Bargain is on Amazon under author Amanda Rieu :) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00I65P7RM Goodreads link https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/17440084-amanda-rieu

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES