All Comments on 'Night Moves'

by CarterCounty

Sort by:
  • 21 Comments
EdgarJames34EdgarJames34almost 13 years ago
you tell a good story...

there is a bit of intrigue to your style...

Louis La'mour would be proud of how you are learning to tell a tale

pogmapogmaalmost 13 years ago
Better...

Each story is getting better, keep it up.

RHinSCRHinSCalmost 13 years ago
Good Story

It's a good thing she wasn't a Sunspot Baby.

PennLadyPennLadyalmost 13 years ago
Nice story

The only thing I'd recommend is an editor or guide for punctuation, etc. Your mechanics need some work. Still, a good foundation here.

bruce22bruce22almost 13 years ago
Pleasant Tale

You do your job smoothly and enjoyably.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Nice

Almost a perfect description of my oldest daughter's current relationship, other than the marriage and prenancy. Hasn't got there yet. I do have hopes and tell her that she should commit or go on with her life. Her boyfriend has discussed marriage already but she hasn't got over her last disappointment. That is the problem with the friends with benefits, especially when they move in together. One may fall in love but the other can change their mind about the marriage because they decide they do not want to commit. Mostly because the romance wanes and the same o same o takes hold. Either of these two could have done what Rocky tried with Steve and found another romance, leaving the other stunned and hurt.

I am old fashioned and have the experience to back up my statement. Both my wives and I tried hard to keep the marriage working even though the romance faded as we grew older. Hopefully, companionship takes over and raising the family becomes more important. Pledging one's self towards the other when they are going to be apart hardly ever works. I got two "Dear Johns" because of that. Both women were in love with me when we were first apart. (Marine Overseas or stationed away from home) They got attention from others when we were apart. Unfortunately, absence does not make the heart grow fonder when the two are younger people and not together enough. Young people still have other choices and often make them when separated.

Quite sad but one should always rememer that humans are not monogomous by nature. Very seldom do they mate for life. Forsaking all others biologically. This is probably the main reason for all these cheating wives/men and girlfriend or boyfriend stories about betrayal.Very educated people say women will always seek a stronger mate. Especially when biologically attracted to another male. Men are biologically programed to have sex with multiple mates to spread their seed biologically. Only their upbringing to commit to their family keeps them providing for and protecting their woman from other men. That is mostly to keep their women from having a child with other male.

That too is the reason for marriage vows. Keeping those vows depends on how strong they are at ignoring their biological and monogomous nature. We know that over 50% of marrieds divorce. We know that fewer young people marry now days because they are more educated and not as conditioned to avoid sex until marriage. They are able to avoid pregnancy on the most part. Too, women are able to be single moms and live without a man they don't want to commit to. They may have been biologically attracted but are not in love with him. Maybe they know the he wouldn't be a good mate.

I realize I have banged on this subject too much, but I have been studying my life and the differences from 46 years of marriage to two different women. I wish I was like these young people today in some ways, but realize I was brought up and conditioned to marry someone I had sex with. So I either tried to or did marry those I was attracted to. That included their biological attraction to me as a strong Alpha male.

If it helps, I still don't know which way is right. Depends whether you think of the children involved or not. I think that most people that stray from their vows do try to stay married. That is probably why they say it was just sex. Something different or they were seduced by a skilled Alpha male. All the reasons presented in cheating wives stories.

This story is a mild version of the same old subject. They weren't married with family yet. Maybe that is why not jumping into marriage is a good thing. I know my first marriage didn't last because of that reason.

GualterioGualterioalmost 13 years ago
I'm really enjoying your stories

You, Ohio, Rehnquist, DGHear, and a few others, have become my favorite authors here. Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Another fucked in the head Brit and his mind shit.

Those ass wipes will never learn ! "1*" .

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Couldn't stand the other Anon comment!

Screwed up or not, this story just about scans emotionally and hangs on by its' teeth logically, so well done for living so close to the edge!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
:-)

I guess I like happy endings.

Seeker1107Seeker1107about 9 years ago
A wee bit lame

Wasn't much of a story. No follow up on Stephanie. Girl wanted her cake and to eat it too. No real character building here. She came down but was that it? Friends family the lot nobody called?

Anyway better luck next time.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Cc just read all of your stories

You surely can write. Too bad u stopped after 4 months of great stories.

SplitAcesSplitAcesover 8 years ago
Well, that's the lot

Wish you had kept on writing; but life gets in the way.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
night moves

that was a beautiful love story. 15 stars

Ed Grocott

edgrocott@ggail.com

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago

I can not add to the last comment.

Ed Grocott

edgrocott@gmail.com

frazodfrazodover 7 years ago
Yep CarterCounty ranks with the best

I come back to your stories over and over since every once in awhile (hourly?) I feel down...

So thanks for writing and sorry you haven't added anything to your collection in a long while.

I hope you are doing well....

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Very Nice Story

I liked it a lot. Thanks go to the author for sharing.

Ocker51Ocker51over 5 years ago
Realistic

I totally enjoyed this story, it was believable ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

JbRobertssonJbRobertssonabout 5 years ago
Great story...

Loved it. Well done, thanks for posting.

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefover 3 years ago
Well done

Life can get to be so complicated at times that we can't see what's in front of us. Great love story even without the graphic sex demanded by so many.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Would have liked it better if Steve was made up., and she was trying to get Jason to admit his feelings. Strikes me as odd that she'd date a guy when she had feelings for Jason.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous