All Comments on 'Nikki's Initiation'

by PlayfulNikki

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Rape is so much fun!!!!

Some years ago there appeared a piece titled "Celeste's Credulous Assumptions" setting out a number of the cliches so common in this genre. One of the most common is the victim of gang rapes who turns out to just LOVE it.

At least your narrator wasn't a virgin when she learned to love being raped - that's another cliche

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
ASk the stripper at Dartsmouth

if she liked gang rapes.

PlayfulNikkiPlayfulNikkiover 17 years agoAuthor
Thank you for your comments.

Yes, in reality, rape is a terrifying and dangerous thing to experience. But my story is a rape FANTASY. By definition, physical rape is a situation wherein you’ve lost control of your person. By contrast, in a fantasy, even one about being raped, you remain firmly in control. I hope you really don’t have a problem distinguishing between the two concepts, as this would suggest dissociative thinking.

I do find curious the notion that my story is so “cliché.” The story I wrote is based upon an actual fantasy I’ve had for years—well before I ever knew of this web site. And I’m not a particularly avid reader (porn or anything else). Still, because of the comment, I’ve spent some time now perusing the non-consent stories, and you’re correct; it does seem to be very frequently recurring theme. To me, this speaks volumes of the prevalence of such fantasies.

If the story comes across as cliché, well I regret that. However, I did write the story for me. Again, thank you for your comments.

bdsmbillbdsmbillover 17 years ago
Don't let the nay-sayers get you down.

This is the non-consent section, and, oddly enough, the stories posted in this section involve people who didn't consent. Even though this is true (and obvious), most every story gets a comment or more about how taking someone without their consent is so wrong. Duh! Of course it's wrong, but these are just stories -- fantasies, as you pointed out.

So, the author always has to ignore a few of these ignorant comments. Yes, in addition, many stories involve someone forced who enjoys it in spite of themselves. That too is a pretty common fantasy. It doesn't matter whether it happens that way in "real" life, because this isn't real life.

I liked the story in general, and had no problem with the non-consent aspect. I expected it, considering the section where it was posted. Thanks for writing it and posting it here. It is an act of courage for a writer to put their work into public view. Good job.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago

Tsk

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous