All Comments on 'No Flying Tonight Ch. 20'

by lindseymarsh

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Good story!

I liked the story until chapter 18. Why not finish the story instead of trying to confuse everyone as to the ending. I would have liked more of the story about him flying.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago

ok um wtf? he goes from flying to now having more then the little baby? what happened with him and sophie and evrything else?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Did I miss a chapter?

The overall story was good, & I appreciate the historical details. It would have been better to wait to finish the last chapter until you had more time and/or inspiration. How do you end a romantic novella with a random scene from a bar/funeral?

AeroielAeroielabout 12 years ago
Not a spoon fed ending...

To me the ending makes sense and is complete, but you have to remember what you have read. I may have it wrong, but here is how I interpret it. Warning, possible spoilers for those who have not read the story.

The funeral focuses the entire story and provides a conclusion and ending.

#1: Jack's plane is shot down after the Berlin Raid and is Jack is killed.

#2: Sophie was pregnant and nursing their first (eldest son) at the time of Jack's death. She also was pregnant with their 2nd son. She may also may have died earlier (really not important to the story ending.)

#3: Jane always loved Jack and and now regrets her choice in marriage and probably regrets that she didn't have Jack's children.

#4: Obviously Susan dies, someone who Jack deeply cared for.

#5: Shiela (Jack's Sister) is looking after (at least one of) Jack's boys.

#6: Life goes on after death and the torch passed to the next (surviving) generation.

#7: This story is "typical" for many of the WWII generation and their familes who lost loved ones in the war. I have attended funerals as described in this story ending. You see, I am the equal of Jack's eldest son.

In my opinion, this brought closure for me and was a valid and creative and the more I give it thought I would go so far saying it was a Brilliant way to end the story.

Thank you lindseymarsh

only14u2daonly14u2daabout 12 years ago
re write the end?

I have read this story from the beginning and agree the last two submissions seem to have been a bit rushed. I think it is, without doubt, one of the best stories that I have read on this site up until the last couple of chapters; even so your excellent story deserves the highest praise!

You have described the pleasure so eloquently; perhaps describing some of the pain and heartache would do justice to your hard work?

With regards to the previous commentator I think it is wonderful that this story has helped bring closure to your pain.

thank you and keep writing, I look forward to reading more of your work

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Confusing at best.

You built us up for another engrossing chapter just to confuse us.

I for one hope to read more of the flight crews adventures and the romance and hurdles that it presented to Jack and Sofie.

You of course are the author of an interesting and engaging story but I feel that you left out so much?

I also think that there should have been more comments for or against.

Thanks

cliffhanger20cliffhanger20almost 11 years ago
Good story right up to the last chapter.

And then when it really needed details. You had to go and screw the pooch.

andyaandyaalmost 8 years ago
hmmm ?

Nice ep but i feel cheated now after you shown john to john a semi talk/history of jack and sophie would have been nice

RedbushRedbushabout 2 years ago

Amazing story. Love that the protagonist was allowed to be the incomplete article, as young people so often are. The women in this story were all heroines, shaping Jack with their life experiences and sexual needs.

Ignore the negative comments about the ending, creatively speaking you did the right thing.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userlindseymarsh@lindseymarsh
I have just completed (August, 2023) a love story "Rebecca" featuring a middle-aged brother and step-sister. It contains many of the components of a typical Literotica story but, as far as possible, the sex and story line are realistic. In other words, no ten-inch cocks and ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES