All Comments on 'No More Wasted Time'

by JoeDreamer

Sort by:
  • 55 Comments
BBeinhartBBeinhartabout 5 years ago
Yay!!!

What a gift! A new great story from one of the best storytellers on the site!

phred1phred1about 5 years ago
Nice Story!

Very well done, left me with a nice warm feeling inside.

Blinkie99Blinkie99about 5 years ago
Nicely done

You laid out a good story arc with believable characters, then tied it all up at the end with a good finish. Well done.

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionabout 5 years ago
Really good story

Nice premise and well drawn characters, light in tone and enjoyable. Great read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Nice one

Strange things happen to a man when his daughter's getting wed.

In my case, it was like being hit by a truck; my Daughter was not a virgin !

It's a good story, and well-told.

Thank You

HP

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
You youngsters don't understand.

Super story well written. No grammatical roadblocks popped up although it wasn't perfect. I just kept turning the pages.

I bet every man reading this story flashed back to the first real love and why we didn't make it work. I sure did. Mine is still the yardstick I measure beauty by. After 35 years or 50 years it doesn't matter, she is still The One. My major regret is that I thought myself out of pursuing her those many years ago. It wasn't one sided either. We still have a connection. There are people whom I will never stop loving and she's the leader in the parade.

R.

Youngsters don't understand the feelings of falling in love can happen at any age.

OvercriticalOvercriticalabout 5 years ago
Endless trivial dialog

This wasn't a story it was a conversation. They started talking at the beginning and 8 tedious pages later they were still talking. True, the grammar was fine, but it was obvious where the "story" was going from the start. A simple love between two people with a 25 year hiatus thrown in. I know this is the site for fantasy, but 25 years? At least I didn't waste too much time on all the trivial back and forth. 2*

JayDiverJayDiverabout 5 years ago
Thanks

This made for a delightful morning. I've always liked your stories so this one was no surprise. But keep them coming.

Thanks for the story. 5's

t8ntliklyt8ntliklyabout 5 years ago
Ruined Morning

Thanks JD. I started reading this after breakfast and couldn't stop. So much for chores. Seriously though a good story. 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Most Excellent

I second Anonymous 4/6/19 comments. This was well worth waiting for. You've reminded me why you are one of my favorite authors. Thank you!

A rekindled relationship knows no age limit, 50, 60, 70, for love. Mine is the upper decade.

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958about 5 years ago
Sick nasty story, Joe.

Just as good as the first time I read it. Thanks for writing. Write another, please. Randi.

PowersworderPowersworderabout 5 years ago

It was really well written, although the banter between the family members made the ending less engaging than the beginning which was excellent. Although I liked it, the story made me feel sad... 25 years wasted with neither of them happy, when they should have been together all along.

burningloveburningloveabout 5 years ago
Seems a little autobiographical

I always look forward to your stories - never disappointed by the writing.

I believe there's some history of your life in this one. Really a good thing.

5*****.

Burninglove

Bebop3Bebop3about 5 years ago
Very Sweet Story

Thanks for sharing it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Wow

Wow! I love your writing!! You have a talent and thank you for sharing. I always look for your stories.

oldtwitoldtwitabout 5 years ago
Really great story

What a brilliant story, so well placed and thought out.

bruce22bruce22about 5 years ago
Excellent

It has been a long time since I saw a Joe Dreamer Story. I hope that we see a lot more.

Barker57Barker57about 5 years ago
Very good story

Thank you for a great story. You continue to write excellent stories.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Excellent Read!

A great read, gets you right in the feels, and a bit lower also. Thanks!

MichaelFitzgeraldMichaelFitzgeraldabout 5 years ago
Wonderful story ...

... rings true and has heart. A pleasure to read and characters I’d like to know. Thanks for this.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Enjoyable.

Very enjoyable. Story is heartwarming. Nice to read something as feel good as this story. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Fantastic Story

This was a true pleasure to read. A real Joedreamer story with a real plot and well written characters. Thanks so much for stepping up again. I look forward to the next installment in your collection.

boatbummboatbummabout 5 years ago
You Never Forget Your First....

....And if you're like most of us, you'll always have warm feelings when you think of him or her. Thanks for this reminder. The story feels like "First Love, Last Love" all grown up! ;-)

Horseman68Horseman68about 5 years ago
An Exceptional Story.

Exceptional and also thought provoking. One only has so much time given, and can only hope for the best in the living of it. Bravos.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Dialogue!

One of the reasons I love to read JoeDreamers stories is how he uses the dialogue to let us get to know the persons. This story is up there too, and it's a nice way to revisit some of the familiar oneliners from other stories - "Yes, dear", "In your dreams" to name a few.

Nice to hear from you again!

c50chrisc50chrisabout 5 years ago
Another good story from one of my favorited authors

I saw that Blackrandl1958 edited for you. Good choice, as they are one of my other favorited authors.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
BENCHMARKS

My benchmark for a story is one Favorite per thousand views. A commenter on another story claimed 0.17 is common. This story is presently over three times the benchmark with 111 Favorites and 33,041 views.

Remarkable.

And deserves it for this great, well-written, feel-good story.

My benchmark for longevity is 10 years. Few authors attain it.

JoeDreamer is way past it, at nearly 14 years.

Congratulations.

Paul in Oklahoma

CumminginsiderherCumminginsiderherabout 4 years ago
A really good story but

the last few pages seemed like just filler and not really necessary to the essence of the story. It could have been wrapped up just as well with half a page.

Bammerman76Bammerman76almost 4 years ago
Repetitive Storyline

I've been going through your stories the last couple of days and while I have enjoyed them I noticed this one borrowed heavily from your story First Love, Last Love. The stories were posted over a decade apart and if I had not been going through your catalogue of stories I probably would not have noticed it. Still a good read but I won't vote for this one as I already posted a score on the other one

dgfergiedgfergieover 3 years ago
Nice Story

Nit my favorite but well written. LOve lost love found rarely do I think you will ever find a first love again. How many of us even knew what love was when all those teenage hormones were working? I liked the passages about foster kids and adoption. The hoops some people have to go thru to adopt is amazing especially when some drug attic and an asshole cab get together and have a kid without even thinking about and raise the kid in a terrible situation. There are many woman out there there should never had kids but they did while very good people that do want kids can't. Maybe we should re-think things. You want kids? You get a baby license by proving you will be a decent parent and responsible. Anyway, nice story.

Antryg_WindroseAntryg_Windroseover 3 years ago
Too too

Too much talk. Too little sex. Yada yada.

Rancher46Rancher46about 3 years ago

What a great story with Jess and John the first loves for each other finding that second chance, giving Jess the one thing she wanted more than anything else a child of her own. The story was well written and developed into a very loving family story that gave John and Jess that very much deserved happily ever after. 5++stars

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Dreamer

Have a kid at age 50.....and then adopt 2 more kids, they will both be working well past retirement age to just pay for the kids and maybe save some money for retirement. It really takes a dreamer to write this

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

True love begin at 50, so be patience young pandawan

flareb2343flareb2343about 3 years ago
Childern

my late wife & I wanted children in the worst way. between us we lost 5. her 2 with an ex husband me 2 with an ex wife . the 2 of us lost 1. we use to look them. out there & see some that never should have .

62276227almost 3 years ago
50 works for me.

Met wife 2.0 at age 45. Married her at 50. MUCH better than the Beta version.

Cal59Cal59over 2 years ago

Thanks, 5 stars

racfguyracfguyover 2 years ago

A nice story that brought back many memories of things that could have been.

Glad you had John and Jess finally get together. 5*

I wouldn't have wanted to have had siblings like John's. All of them were assholes.

Dreamdog519Dreamdog519over 2 years ago

Amazing story! I was one of the lucky ones who got it right the first time, 44 years and counting. Unfortunately my battle with cancer kept us from having any children. I would not have survived without Linda's love and compassion. Keep up the great work!

JaxxonZJaxxonZabout 2 years ago

That was a really great story! I am by far NOT an English major but I almost always find a bad spelling, misplaced comma, wrong tense of words or something in every writer's story, edited, spell checked or whatever, I read slowly and comprehensively so as not to miss any single thing in a story and I have to say that there just a few errors in this story which is unlike most stories, JoeDreamer, you did a fine job! Your ability to create emotions and thought is inspiring.

ProfesseurXProfesseurXabout 2 years ago

A bit long for me but still nice.

The dialogue at the wedding was really nice and so life-like it felt very natural and real.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Nice feel good story. He did Adrian wrong tho. Should have left her when he realized he didn't actually loved her.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Great story, but it pains me when I think they waited so long.

tsgtcapttsgtcaptabout 1 year ago

Again, a great read - regardless of the naysayers. If they are that upset, the floor is open, write your own!

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Another MC from this writer who is am stubborn arrogant stupid aashole

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

8 pages of wasting time on this story that should have been 4 pages. This MC was a pathetic wimp!!

A pity Jess never foynd a better man to start a family and ended up again with the wimp!!

Waste of time reading about this wimp Mc!!

PurplefizzPurplefizz11 months ago

A fine story that wound its way around the emotions that surround the “what ifs & might have beens” we only recognise when we’re older. This one turned out well, I think a lot of people have that first love that burned hot, however sometimes it just isn’t wise to revisit the past, let the past stay there and rest peacefully.

OldmantruckerOldmantrucker10 months ago

I have to agree with the folks; like myself; that think If you don't like a writers story. Either Stop reading them;are go write Your Own.. Since You seem to think it's no big deal to come up with diff ideas; and write it in a way ppl can understand.. Let alone add all the various*"':;!+-_ where they need to be So if you want * perfection* go to Burns und Nibble* fur ur storiees from now on.... Then You can be nappy,, 😁😜😅🤷😉.other then that.. y'all keep it up Dreamer👍💯

Horseman68Horseman689 months ago

Simply a great, slowly evolving story.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Too many wasted years...and wasted my precious time too.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Good story but the adopted daughter seemed to working under several different identities, Maisie, Masie and Macie all appear. Nit-picking apart very enjoyable. Thank you. 5*

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Well, there's 10 precious minutes down the toilet.

OvercriticalOvercritical3 months ago

I accidentally started reading this for the second time and when I looked up my first comment I was relieved that I had the same negative reaction. Jabber, jabber, jabber. At least this time I didn't get past page 2 when I threw in the towel. Still agree with the 2* rating.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Alls well that ends well. (Kismet?) Star crossed lovers finding each other and not spoiling second chances, even at midlife. A whole new beautiful family. (Lucky)

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous