All Comments on 'No Other Life than This Ch. 06'

by podga

Sort by:
  • 14 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago

I cannot believe Matt could do this to Ben! Really. Hard to believe that he decided to go back to this ''James Dean wanna-be, with greasy hair, sulky mouth and beat-up Harley boots''. Thank God Matt came out of this temporary madness!

Are we going to have next Ch, or there will be some other story? Either way, I am more than happy to read those beautiful tales of yours, *podga*! Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
That last paragraph...damn, you got me with that last paragraph

Wow...how did you take me from being frustrated and upset with Matt's antics and indecision to finally understanding that the journey isn't always about how you start or the inbetweens...simply it's sometimes about how you finish. Thank you again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Lovely

Just so beautiful! I agree - was so annoyed with Matt, but the ending was lovely. Thanks for sharing. x

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
YAAAAAAAAY!!

So glad Matt came to his senses. Hell, so glad they BOTH came to their senses. Another well-written chapter. I think it captures the insecurity and uncertainties of love perfectly. Also: Very hot. :o) Can I have a Matt of my own, please?

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago

Good to know that he is happy to be the second choice. *shrugs* As long as he is happy, I guess, then it's okay. Let's hope Matt doesn't have a high school boyfriend out there somewhere who will suddenly realize that he made a mistake and wants Matt back.

As frustrating as it is, it was a good story though. Just didn't connect with it as much as before.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago

I hope there's a last chapter. I feel so much for Ben, and what Matt did was a horrid thing. I just want them to be happy together.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
I like this Matt

I think a man that can feel as deeply as Benny is a better match for him then a player. Matt was with Oliver 20 years and with Benny barely a month! Of course he got confused when Oliver came back! But the moment he left Benny he started to realize who he wanted to be with and he came back. Lovely and I think proof that Benny's heart is safe with this loyal man.

zolia_lilyzolia_lilyover 13 years ago

I don't agree with the comment saying Ben was second choice. Love is never that simple; to say Ben was second choice is an oversimplification of something incredibly complex.

I think this is beautiful and moving and whole in itself - it is a wonderful story exactly as it is- no alternations, no additions to the ending...

Lovely.

One of my new favourites :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Absolutely

I absolutely love the outcome of this story. Feels like real life to me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
loose ends

Matt left Benny before Christmas, by the end of January moved to LA (according to Roger) and on Saturday afternoon in April Ben met Matt at Reservoir loop in Central Park.

***"Visiting?" he asked. He'd just finally come to terms with Matt leaving a week ago. (?????????) Matt shook his head. "No, I am back"***

Seems to me that, story line does not connect, or maybe I missed something.

podgapodgaover 13 years agoAuthor
loose ends

Benny came to terms a week before (when he finally decides not to chase after Matt, who had left in January, as you correctly point out). I could have probably worded that a bit better. Sorry!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Chapter 6

I'm really enjoying this story. Although, even if Benny didn't need any kind of explanation from Matt, he definitely deserved one. I thought Matt was a better person than to just up and leave the man he was falling in love with, to get back with an asshole ex who left him after 20 years(!) together. And then he just moves back after a few months and all the explanation we get is that it didn't work out.

Cane23Cane236 months ago

This is too easily forgiven! I don't say that Benny should not forgive Matt at all, but he was the one who was hurt, and not only abandoned but lied on too. Reading those lines where Benny is feeling guilty made me furious... Really?! Some grand gesture, or at least a little bit more apologizing and redemption has been expected! This way, Matt can take Benny's love for granted, he can hurt him and been pardoned whenever he wants!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous