All Comments on 'No Slave To Destiny'

by Litbridge

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
Phxray54Phxray54over 13 years ago
Wow...

So much said in so few words. A fluid style, well spoken, good word pictures. Carry on. I look forward to reading more from you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Great

Very well written and evokes strong emotions.

Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
First Class Work

You have definitely driven me to read your other three works posted here. Having lost my first two wives to cancer, I was emotionally moved by the way you had the characters deal with the disease, and how he moved through his grief. Thank you.

The NavigatorThe Navigatorover 13 years ago
A classic

Litbridge, with this story you established a standard for others to sight. This story flowed so smoothly, it was a pleasure to read. But the way you described the emotions of the characters is astounding. It was as if we were experiencing the story as participants. The steps through the wife's illness -- its discovery, its treatments, its ending -- are so vivid the reader felt he was there, as many of us have in our real lives. The funeral was particularly moving. Tears were rolling down my cheeks as I read it.

The steps to his recover were also very realistic, and handled with great feeling. I chuckled over the corporate-speak as they discussed the IT proposal. I spent many years in that arena and must admit, while looking at it from arms length, we often didn't get much more specific ourselves. <g>

This category, Non-Erotic, is a tough one because it is so broad in scope, but I hope this story can claim its true position here, as a classic.

lawrenclawrencover 13 years ago
More

The story has made me interested in the characters, and I hope to learn more about their future.

jiminabjiminabover 12 years ago
Very very good

To me Dave is my future should I loose my wife. He was so real to me it was like looking in a mirror. Though I'm not sure I could recover as he did. A very good read. Thank you. Jim

jiminabjiminabover 12 years ago
oops

wrong button..... that should be lose sorry

jenellesljenelleslover 8 years ago
Coping With Loss

This was spot on. Well written and well edited. This is something we will all go through at some time in our lives. Susan's loss in some ways was easier. To lose someone instantly is difficult. To lose someone to a lingering malady is hell and a torture beyond words. We, especially guys, are inclined to protect and nurture. What do you do when there is nothing to do but hold their hand and watch them. You caught the scene very well.

Superb writing on a difficult, disturbing topic.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Excellent story of the despair of grief and regaining hope.

This is a very moving story. The account of grief is painfully accurate, the journey towards recovery and hope very encouraging with it's message that grief can be overcome. A couple of minor points- " a new generation with a new explanation" comes from Scott Mackenzie, "If you are going to San Fransisco, be sure to wear some flowers in your hair". AFAIK the Byrds never recorded that song. And why in Spain would you drink a Hungarian Merlot? Spanish reds are excellent. Otherwise excellent.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy4 months ago

Wonderful story!

5

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous