All Comments on 'Norman the Cat'

by davidwatts

Sort by:
  • 59 Comments
LadyCibelleLadyCibelleover 18 years ago
Once again you made me cry :)

You have a very unique talent. You paint love as it should be in fairytales and make it appear so real.

Thank you.

wetapapwetapapover 18 years ago
great story,

I could relate to it, since I’m 56 that makes since. Superb writing, keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Drained

Moving, amusing, touching, emotionally draining... this story touched every emotion. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Incredible

What an amazing rollercoaster ride of emotions this story was. Beautiful!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
*smiles*

A lovely read... good luck in the contest and happy holidays.

Always, E

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Good Read

Great story. Made me smile, and I enjoyed watching their relationship blossom. Waiting for the next one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Beautiful story

wonderful ending and fantastic all around. A definite winner. You write beautifully. Great luck in the contest.

Selena_KittSelena_Kittover 18 years ago
That Darned Cat!

Did you consider putting this in "mature"? Although it has a beautiful tone to it as well. A truly lovely romance. And I love the name Norman for a cat for some reason! Good luck in the contest :)

GhostbearGhostbearover 18 years ago
Worth the wait

I have been looking for your next story and what a story it was. What a tale of sadness and hope. Thank you and happy holidays.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
I was speechless

but then I caught my breath. You are one of the most thoughtful and gentle writers on this site, and I always find your work interesting to say the least and overpowering at its best. This is overpowering. If I bought this story at a bookstore I would have thought it money well spent. I cried, I laughed, and I kissed and hugged my wife as soon as I got done reading it. Thanks for reminding me how great it is to be alive and thank you for this wonderful holiday gift.

sacksackover 18 years ago
enjoyable....

I just wish this story was a little less predictable...by the end of page one, I had predicted the whole thing, and I don't consider myself overly intelligent. Because I knew what was coming, this story was less moving than it could have been. Yet, your writing style is effective, and I wish you well in the contest.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Great

Thanks for a wonderful story.

Boyd

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 18 years ago
Well done.

Nice romantic story well told.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
beautiful

What a marvellous story - as you say, who knows what awaits us round the corner?

It gives hope to us all

thankyou

Aurora BlackAurora Blackover 18 years ago
Very Cute (In the Best Sense)!

David, reading your story has made my afternoon. I'm grinning from ear to ear, as if I'd just seen the latest romantic comedy/drama at the movies! Good job!

hugo_samhugo_samover 18 years ago
Thoroughly Delightful

Very enjoyable, uplifting, romantic story. Well written and delivered. Thanks

Unsung MuseUnsung Museover 18 years ago
Nicely Done, Sir!

A wonderful read & a well-deserved 5...

Very best of luck to you in the contest!!

cookiejarcookiejarover 18 years ago
How did I miss this?

Beautifully written; I loved it! Good luck!

Cookie :)

Boxlicker101Boxlicker101over 18 years ago
A long and

romantic story, which is to be expected in Romance. The sex was hot and gratifying when it arrived and, all in all, a most satisfying read. Good luck in the contest, even though the voting is almost over.

pammyjo61pammyjo61over 18 years ago
wonderful

I don't get the chance to read many "feel good" stories ... but this falls right in the catagory. David .. thx for sharing your thoughts with me. I leave my computer w/a smile and a glow ...

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Norman the "wild" cat

I loved this story. It has all the ingredients of what true love is all about and it is not far fetched at all. It may be a work of fiction but these things do happen in our lives and I have no idea why. All we need to do is be aware of the possibilites and to show love and respect to our fellow human beings. Love is the greatest force in the world.

Thank you so much for writing this story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Absolutely delighful

With all the parts there. Hesitation, doubts, realization, and above all humor and love. Thank You. Ronnie W.

LovelyLeoLovelyLeoover 18 years ago
I am glad to have read your story1

Althought I have not gone through that soul-wrenching, emotion draining time, I will remember your story for when I do go through it and I will look forward to what is around the corner.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Excellent

This has the familiar scent of an autobiography; it's far too well told for fiction. Whatever it is, please tell more tales of the cat and his people-all three of them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Yay!

Not a lot of sex, but nice, like a good romance novel. Bravo!

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Wonderful!

This story was beautifully written and has a very powerful message about love. It moved me to tears. This is a fine piece of literature!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Oh, no...

...a score of merely "5" is much too low for this story. I have given some "5's" in the past, and this story surpasses them all. It is well told, well constructed, and full of real life experience. [I agree--surely some autobiography here.] The romantic sex is just right and well placed within a much more complex (and pleasing) story. VERY well done, davidwatts!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Simply fantastic

One of the best Romance stories in Literotica; you have a real talent. I'm a cat person, so Norman as a character was just right. Please do more, you're a great read.

XelesteXelesteover 17 years ago
Feel the love.

I love to read a story that just 'happens' to contain sex, rather than it being the main focus and drive of the piece.

The wonderful tale you wove had me feeling every emotion and ultimately left me with a smile on my face.

I can't praise you highly enough.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Loved it!

This story was great! Definately well written and you can really get into the characters. Norman was like a little bit of every cat I have ever had! I liked too that your characters were ordinary people with flaws instead of perfect beauties with washboard abs. It made the characters that much more believable and great to get to know.

SpykkeSpykkeabout 15 years ago
Absolutely spot on...

Pressed all the right buttons. 150% feel good.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Gentle, caring, loving, A come back can happen

Being comment # 32 the previous commentators have covered most of what I would have written. Let me add a comment. The story is realistic. I believe losing a spouse to illness is very similar to losing a wife after 32 yrs. of a mostly good marriage. The pain is the same as mourning the death of someone you love dearly; even today. Being older (63), makes it harder still. I'm just starting to live again & see the world as filled with possibilities. You have captured that angst & prolonged heartache wonderfully. You are a gifted writer & I hope you continue. Magnificant job. Bravo & thx Dan.

Privates1stClassPrivates1stClassover 14 years ago
Love conquers all

Well written and romantic. I suppose I'm a romantic at heart, but I thought your story was better than most. I really enjoyed it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Great Job

I really loved Norman the Cat. It was very enjoyable reading with a very happy ending. Keep turning out good stories,.

Chuck

catman71catman71over 14 years ago
age is irrelevant

great story that prove the adage love conquers all

Cristeta1891Cristeta1891over 12 years ago

I absolutely love this story. Beautifully written. Thank you for sharing this.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Thank you

A lovely story and I do understand. I am 70 and she is 51. But we are a couple. I sure hope DWidiot does not see this as you will get a 1**** for sure. LOL. A great sweet read. Sorry but I will have to be anon for this one. The walls have ears.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Lovely tale

And well told. Drama where it was needed and passion in good measure.

Thank you

HP

LuvinWritenLuvinWritenabout 11 years ago
nice story but ...

I liked it but you time line is off. Okay, it's just a story and I'm being picky lol.

On July 4th she told him she's pregnant and the expected birth date is New years. There's no way she could know the sex of the baby.

There's a test called a 'cell-free dna test' that can be done early but it is only done if there's increased risk that the baby will be born with downs syndrone.

CVS can be performed at about 9 weeks but there's a risk to the pregnancey.

Amniocentesis is the first test to be regularly used which can indicate the fetus' sex although it's not 100%. This is done around 15 weeks.

My wife and I waited till an ultrasound was done in the trird trimester.

Like I said, I'm picky.

Sid0604Sid0604over 10 years ago
Thank you

I enjoyed reading your story.

Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Excellent!

Very sweet story. Glad I found it.

Thanks!

VisualPerv

rightbankrightbankover 9 years ago
I hate it when that happens

The reason she wasn't a virgin?

She was already a mother.

"Janice's daughter Dawn " . . . .

I guess proof readers are utilized for good reasons.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Disgusting.

Ah, another stupid mortal eager to satisfy his lust for nubile women far younger than himself and delude himself his poor dead wife is egging him on to sow his seeds in his middle age and call it "romance".

Wake up and realize your balls are sprouting grey if not white pubes!

bonnietaylor2bonnietaylor2over 8 years ago
Loved the story gave you a 5 for

content and effort. Fuck you dear annony! You're a real asshole, glad you old lady left you. She should have given you a STD first just because you're such an asshole!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Excellent Story

Well written. Don't worry about the comments from the anonymous just before. They are either feminazises or girl boys like HIV. I really liked the story and the ending. I also liked Norman the cat.

SampkyangSampkyangover 7 years ago
56 and 19???

Good story, but ruined

rightbankrightbankover 7 years ago
I enjoyed the romance and Norman was a nice touch

For two people to discover and fall in love with each other is always nice. I just wish the back story had not been so dark. Years of abuse, suicide, cancer, foreclosure, and loneliness, add up after a while and detract from the beauty of the love story.

JudyLeeJudyLeeover 7 years ago
HEA!

I loved the story. Janice and her sister were dealt a bad hand. I'm glad she was able to find her soul mate. And reconcile with her dad and sister. Age difference means nothing when you find love.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
56 and 19??

Seriously that's the creepiest story I ever read

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
shot hot.

real life, , ,\

bloody good reading

thankyou

AnnaValley11AnnaValley11almost 6 years ago
Wonderful storytelling - thank you

Great characters, superb writing, true romance.

Five stars

WordcraftWordcraftabout 5 years ago
Awesome!!

A sweet romantic story of resurrecting lives and love damaged by ravages of real life.

Five stars!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
How nice!!

A pleasant and moving story. Thank you and well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
He's 56

she is 19 GROSS!!!!! 1star

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Amazing

This was by far the best story I have read on this site. Thank you so much for taking the time to write this.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Wonderful story, wonderfully told.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

As a WIDOWER of an adult survivor and a lonely man of age, am thrilled with the light shed on the problem, and at least I was given a little hope that maybe there is still hope for a new life partner. Thanks mate for a great story.

The Hoary Cleric, s site guest

cutedaddy69cutedaddy693 months ago

The commenter below, judging this story as gross, enjoys too many priviliges and has not lived through intense pain, if i'm guessing right. In general this age gap might be frowned at, but don't judge until you listen to the participants. If they're both so happy (of which i've seen undeniable instances in my 62yrs.), who am i to pass judgement? A pervert, reading stories on an erotic website!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous