All Comments on 'Not Just for Christmas Ch. 14-16'

by Alwaysraining

Sort by:
  • 25 Comments
Sid0604Sid0604over 9 years ago
Thank you...

What a great chapter to finish a thoroughly enjoyable story. This is easily worth 5 stars.

bruce22bruce22over 9 years ago
Really a good story

No one can complain about a lack of erotic moments. No one was a wimp even though he was cuckolded by his first wife. His reactions were quite logical from beginning to end.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
I Love a Happy Ending - 5/5 !

Well done. Merry Christmas! ram

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Thank you

Five Chapters times Five Stars = 25 (well deserved) Stars

Happy Holidays to you and your family.

TrtrolesTrtrolesover 9 years ago
What a story,BRAVO

Beautiful story,well done.

I am male,24 years old but damn,beautifl,beautiful.

I am looking forward for more stories,you are really good,please write more :)

Sorry for my English,not my native language.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
A little exhausting

To be honest, when I started this chapter and realized it was just going to be more of everybody jumping to conclusions because of some third party, I lost all will to keep reading. You started off really strong, but this has just become an exercise in misery.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Truly great

It was truly a great story. I didn't read it until the last post. I waited so that I could read it all at one timed and it was so heart felt and at times made my eyes tear. You wrote a wonderful and caring story. Some may have wanted more sex and all but I feel you did a wonderful job and you didn't ruin it with a lot of sex. I look forward to read your next story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

interesting & engaging story .

very well written & i very much enjoyed reading it .

xxxhugsxxx

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Very Good

A splendid story. And as for the two main characters having the same argument over and over again--that's the reality of love and marriage. And as in true love, the love triumphs over the recurring arguments. That's the test and mark of love.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
A terrible ending

The woman is mental. She got shafted once by being lied to, and now AGAIN she doesn't let her husband explain. And the man is a true glutton for punishment. You should have left it as a tragedy. What man would ever have forgiven her the second time she shut him out.

sengimaxsengimaxover 8 years ago
Good Story

Well written, enjoyable tale.

Anyone who does not like this tale needs to realise it is just a story, fiction, it's not real! Best of all the author is posting this tale for FREE. If its not to your tastes then read something else.

Its so easy to be negative.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Finished it in one sitting...which says something.

Pretty good yarn for an amateur. I thought there were repetitive scenes of misunderstanding, walking off angry, and then kissing and making-up. The emotional maturity of many important characters seemed stuck in middle school. It started off as a damsel in distress story and morphed into a gangster tale, but overall, good job. I do think you would benefit from an editor. Thanks for sharing your work!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
A terrible plotline

Terrific storytelling, but it's all about two INSANE losers. I wanted to hear more about Bryony, she, at least, seemed sane. The two primary characters were like a cat chewing on an appliance cord, getting shocked senseless, and then returning to chew on it over, and over again.

But to your credit, your story-telling made me angry with their stupidity. That's an indication of how completely I was immersed.

rightbankrightbankover 7 years ago
a real mixture of drama, romance, and mystery

some parts pleasant and full of hope, others dark and ominous.

Thanks for writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

To much back and forth for me.. he said, she said, he did this, she did that, to hard to follow..

ColinthedogColinthedogover 6 years ago
A damn fine yarn

Damn fine indeed

Horseman68Horseman68about 6 years ago
One of Most Enjoyable Stories.

Enough said. Very absorbing characters and many engrossing plot twists. Bravo.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Another excellent story from an excellent writer

An extremely well written and enjoyable tale of two people finding out that learning to trust again is much harder than learning to love after their previous relationships ended in betrayal, abandonment and abuse.

I confess that towards the end I was getting a tad weary with the two lovers' tendency to have a default setting of 'distrust and overreact' at the slightest provocation - even though I understand the difficulty of trusting again after trust has been the betrayed - but this is a minor quibble in an otherwise absorbing tale.

Once again, Alwaysraining's main characters are decent but flawed human beings trying their best to do the right thing in difficult (often deeply traumatic) situations which makes a refreshing change from the run-away-and-hide, I-have-lost-my- manhood, so-I'll-drink-myself-into-oblivion, get-my-revenge-and-destroy-as-many-lives-as-possible psychotic heroes of so many troubled relationship tales.

Excellent stuff. Keep writing.

LA

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Your shit is good!

Well written, good storyline time well spent reading the whole story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Kiwi

I'm really sorry but even though I liked the story it was hard for me to understand why he kept taking Claire back.

Reading your story was equivalent to watching someone kick a puppy again and again

He should have just dumped Claire and moved on.

AnAncientAnAncientalmost 3 years ago

Relationships are Complex, they have Real & Imaginary parts. Our Perceptions tend to influence more than actual Reality. What had happened to people before they meet, shapes how they interact. I did a lot of research & thinking after my first wife left me. There are things people have told me that are real, yet if I wrote about them, most people would either think they were contrived, and/or far from realistic. There is no Law of Nature that means Reality needs to seem Realistic!

silentsoundsilentsoundover 2 years ago

Somewhat farfetched but very rewarding.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A woman that has been abused like Claire for over 5 years has so little self-esteem and an abudance of self-hatred that it would take her years of counseling and therapy to overcome the trauma in order to become, or even half-way become, capable of functioning as a normal human, much less as a long-term loving wife. The constant and consistent miscommunication with her and Mike will be an ongoing tragedy until either one or both get serious help or they divorce... even if they divorce the tragedy will persist. He needs serious emotional help also... he's an emotionally arrested adolescent male trapped in and adult body. Pity the children that have had to go through all this trauma... they will have suffered through severe PTSD and will be in need of extended and extensive psychological help... Cheryl will never be able to be trusted no matter how redeeming the author tries to paint her... she's a perpetual pathological narcissist... there is little to no hope for someone like her.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

A long and winding road. Which is worse, internal relational conflicts or carefully manipulated exterior stressors that divide and conquer? Creative writing skills were excellent. Thank you, author!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Moronic, unbelievable, manipulative, and not worth reading.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAlwaysraining@Alwaysraining
902 Followers
I live the the North West of England, where we get more than our share of rain, hence my pen-name. Before I retired, more years ago than I care to think about, I had a job which exercised my mind to the full. I never had time to write anything but text books and manuals. Si...

story TAGS

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories

The Promise 
4.9
2.3k
636
Hero's Reward 
4.85
3.6k
925
Sales Team 
4.83
3.8k
859
The Unicorn 
4.84
1.9k
611
The Accident 
4.83
1.1k
317
More Stories