All Comments on 'Nothing To Talk About Ch. 01'

by poorrichard

Sort by:
  • 114 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
"Unfit Mother"

Richard:

You are doing very well and look foreword to the rest of the developing story.

Regards: rovbill

azraelgrazraelgrover 17 years ago
Very good!

This is a very good start. It's a little short but very well written. Well done.

RicticRicticover 17 years ago
Great Start

You are off to a great start. Please keep it up.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Praise You Lad

If any story deserved a lifelike approach and conclusion that was this. So, your efforts so far and the talent you have brought to it are greatly appreciated.

Restoring some realty to this prior tale of lipstick on a piggish whore seems to be on track. Onward and upward Author.

With Regard

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
MOm doing things in the living room..............

Yes now wifes life lost all control.............

Average-JoeAverage-Joeover 17 years ago
Good job

Im glad someone is making this story more believable. The worst thing about the original (other than the wifes screwy thinking that I couldnt tell if the author meant as a joke or not), was the stupid plan of the wife and her boyfriend. She might think she had the husband by the shorthairs but the plan was so simple minded that it didnt stand a chance of working.

All the husband had to do is get evidence and since the wife was so eager to tell about it, he could have just got a voice recorder and asked her to explain his options ('Your original declaration was a real surprise, can you tell me again what my options are'), and he would end up with all the assets, the kids, a giant lawsuit settlement, and the wife/lawyer would likely get criminal convictions (lawyer for sure).

The wifes plan seemed so poorly conceived and had such a small chance of being successful that it ruined any chance of me getting into the story (even enough to dislike the wife). Nice to see that someone is going to tell us what would really happen in such a situation.

Orion623Orion623over 17 years ago
Please Continue

A very nice first effort. Looking forward to Ch. 2.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Excellent Start

This is a great start. You show great promise. I gave nici a 00 which was the lowest I could go but that story was a minus. You have been more realistic. I look forward to your future chapters.

Thank you for your efforts. I would not have known you are a first time author.

Roger

DesertPirateDesertPirateover 17 years ago
Much better

This is so much better than the original. I don't have a clue what nici was thinking but the plans of Susan were so full of holes that a first year law student could beat her and her lawyer.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Better duck

I know the "author"of the begining story will take offense to you making Susan out to be an unfit mother so you better get ready to dodge her insults.

Suggestion:

I BEG OF YOU! Please don't portray Susan as a vivtum of anything and let her off the consequence hook.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
thank you for some common sense writing

why one chapter at a time?why not all and not tease us?i like your writing and way you did this story.this woman is a bad wife and mother.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Good start

on completing the story. i don't thinnk that nici meant to portray Susan as an abusive mother, but she did leave a lot of the story untold. It is odd that the father never heard anything from the children before, but maybe he was working too many hours to notice. Susan is very cruel, but not very smart. I too have problems with her declarations of love for Jon and her actions with another man. She knows that she is destroying him and yet hopes that they can continue along until the lover tires of her and leaves her. Jon needs to be assertive, but he can salvage his 15 year emotional investment if he can be smarter than she is.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Better.

This is a good start.A man that respects his self and his home.When some thing or someone threatens that you must do everything to make things right.Divorce,a little violence,whatever.Thanks

gizzmo301gizzmo301over 17 years ago
GREAT

Great story, I like this better an the first part. This part could really happen

TiggerTooTiggerTooover 17 years ago
Husband's response is reasonable.

This is well written. However, you have introduced a 'deus ex machina' in the form of wifey and the other man having sex in wifey’s home and one of her children seeing it. This foretells an ending that you predetermined and fit the plot to so wifey would appear worse than she is and goes down in flames. I’ve had women tell me they’d never do it at home, for all the obvious reasons. The other man, a lawyer, would presumably know better. He is single and his place would be more likely.

From Wikipedia: “A deus ex machina is a Latin phrase that is used to describe an unexpected ... event introduced suddenly in a work of fiction or drama to resolve a situation or untangle a plot. The phrase has been extended to refer to any resolution to a story ... allowing the author to conclude the story with ... (a) more palatable, ending.”

You said, “The dichotomy between what the wife said she felt about the husband and what her actions showed was too much for me.” You need to get out more. Women can readily hold these seemingly contradictory positions that guys see right through in a heartbeat. Yes, she is at an extreme end of the spectrum attitudewise but she is well within the boundaries of the sometimes bizarre female behavior that baffles us guys. Just yesterday at work, a guy told me that his wife is giving him the silent treatment. They have five daughters and the oldest is in college. They’ve been married awhile. His wife’s behavior is ridiculously immature for a person in their fifties. It certainly doesn’t provide a proper role model for their children. Idiotic as his wife’s behavior may be, it’s real life.

This is meant constructively. I’d rather you had just written a straightforward story where hubby looked after his own, best interests and the resolution was muddled, as in real life. Nobody wins everything; everybody loses something. You are to be congratulated for having written at all. I look forward to the rest of the story, however you wish to play it out.

Phil

niciniciover 17 years ago
Ah Ha!

Richard, </p>

<p> First, I’m surprised at the similarities between your first chapter of a sequel and mine. Your Jonathan seems to be reacting quite similar to how I planned him to react. Once my first part is up, I’m sure you’ll see how similar they are. </p>

<p>Unfortunately, my sequel (part one) was rejected because of a too large of quotation from a song. My mistake, and therefore my part is still in pending, while yours is viewable. (My part two (and final) is finished and should be posted today.) </p>

<p>No, I’m not angry with you in the slightest for writing a sequel, or how you are writing your sequel. Both your reactions, and the reactions of our readers remain a very good study for me. Please continue. </p>

<p> If anyone else wants to write a sequel… please do.</p>

<p>- Nici (Author of: Something We Have to Talk About)</p>

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Much better

Please continue, this story is much better. It's more believable and the characters are not caricatures. As to the writer (notice I'm not saying author) who wrote the premise of the story, if you write crap be prepared for unflattering comments--to say the least.

niciniciover 17 years ago
To: Anonymous in Jersey

Oh my apologies for using the word “author” improperly… my bad, I’m sorry.</p>

<p>Tigertoo is right though Richard. In adding into the storyline illogical events out of proportion with the possibilities of Subjective Chance, you are stacking the deck to prove an improbable Modus Ponens. </p>

<p>Ps. Multiple voting will be swept and invalidated anyway, so this vote doesn't count.

Average-JoeAverage-Joeover 17 years ago
I think you misused 'deus ex machina' TigerToo

In fact, it seems like the author foreshadowing the possible outcome so much is the exact opposite of a contrived event/device used to provide an unlikely solution.

If suddenly when things are at their worst and all the evidence is against the wife and a diary falls in the husbands lap that proves the wife was drugged/blackmailed, or had mental problems, or was lying because she thought he was cheating, etc, and that lets them live happily ever after, that would be a deus ex machina. Laying the groundwork for the outcome you want is the exact opposite of using an act of god to pull an ending out of your ass.

Maybe Im just misinterpreting the meaning of the phrase though.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Feeling Much Better

I'm feeling good about the sequel, hopefully our hero will prevail & evil slut wife will suffer, because as you may know, "I love a Happy Ending!"

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
So Far

This has a much better feel to it than the original. No wimp husband, whore wife story. He didn't do anything wrong, he damned sure shouldn't back up from her. She needs the punishment, weather they make it or not, depends on her pennance and the depth of her sorrow and understanding of what she did. Go for it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Nice

to the author - Very good continuation - hats off to a first time author (if I understood correctly). Tiggertoo had good suggestions. Here may be another one. My understanding is forest fire fighters do not commute back and forth to work every day. But both authors seem to make it like he was putting in extra time at the office. I would think he is away for days at a time and home for days as well. Also I do not think that they make much money anyway. How much money he would have if they have this big upscale house. Also in the first story, the husband thought that they are pretty stretch. now comes this big stash he has been saving.

to tiggertoo - great comments.

to anoym - who said the first story was full of holes. I agree the wife was not being realistic, but are you saying people do not try and pull shit like that? If you are, I disagree. I have heard worse crap.

to anoym - titled "better duck". Maybe I miss some of her comments, but she seemed very nice and gracious in the comments I have seen. It seems like you are confusing the wife in the story with the author.

energystar

shangoshangoover 17 years ago
Are you a Lawyer, TiggerToo?

Because you write like one. You contradict yourself. Chexck this out...

"However, you have introduced a 'deus ex machina' in the form of wifey and the other man having sex in wifey’s home and one of her children seeing it. This foretells an ending that you predetermined and fit the plot to so wifey would appear worse than she is and goes down in flames. I’ve had women tell me they’d never do it at home, for all the obvious reasons. The other man, a lawyer, would presumably know better. He is single and his place would be more likely. From Wikipedia: “A deus ex machina is a Latin phrase that is used to describe an unexpected ... event introduced suddenly in a work of fiction or drama to resolve a situation or untangle a plot. The phrase has been extended to refer to any resolution to a story ... allowing the author to conclude the story with ... (a) more palatable, ending.” You said, “The dichotomy between what the wife said she felt about the husband and what her actions showed was too much for me.” You need to get out more. Women can readily hold these seemingly contradictory positions that guys see right through in a heartbeat. "

Women get caught screwing around at home ALL THE TIME. And if the Lawyer truly knew better, he wouldn't screw around w/a married woman, nor tell her how to screw over her Husband. People die doing dumb crap like that everyday. Especially a Fireman! His Law Office can be burnt to the ground with him and her in it! You told another commentor they need to get out more. Well, now I'll give you some advice. WOMEN LIE. ALOT.

TiggerTooTiggerTooover 17 years ago
AJ - The predetermined ending ...

is that the wife is going to get croaked in court and the misogynists will rejoice. IRL, wifey wins bigtime, in that hubby has to pay and pay. So, how to change that? Aha, I’ll let one of the kiddos see wifey and the other man having sex in the home (deus ex machina). It’s unlikely IRL but, what the heck, it’s artistic license, a plot device. It works but it turns the story into an improbability at least as great as what commenters thought of wifey in the original story.

And thanks to Nice – Anonymous who recognized that people do some real strange stuff. Over time, others have made the same kind of real life comment on LIT. We seem to have a few commenters in this category who are caught up in ‘legalism’. Ya know, commenters who keep yapping about vows and all that crap. Commenters who think real people act as if they’re mind-controlled robots reciting mantras and doing all the expected and planned things. Doesn’t happen IRL. In decades, I have NEVER heard anyone, male or female, cheater or otherwise, mention wedding vows under any circumstances. I’ve heard a pastor say that he’s had people say to him in counseling that, “they never realized how much their cheating would hurt their family.” Talk about blithering idiots. That’s how real people behave. Brilliant one moment and dunderheads the next.

Shango, undoubtedly some women do cheat at home but, unless they’re not very bright, they would at least attempt to do it when they wouldn’t be caught. I’ll defer to anyone who knows the actual statistics, but it is my understanding that the majority of cheating is never discovered by the spouse. I certainly agree that women are very creative and deceptive regarding the facts in any given situation. How many guys marry a woman and find a very different person from the one they courted? A forest of hands rises. Women are far more pragmatic than men are. They’ll go toe to toe verbally but will do what they have to in order to get their way. Deception. Women are past masters of the art. BTW, I’m not a lawyer. That would pay better.

Phil

poorrichardpoorrichardover 17 years agoAuthor
thanks for your feedback

thanks to all of you for your feedback. thank you especially nici for being such a good sport about it. This was my first submission and I had no idea it would take this long to post...so I am sorry that the subsequent chapters will take a little time. Hopefully I can satisfactorily conclude this without it being too predictable. As a little side note, I have seen Jonathan referred to as a fireman by some of the respondents, but he is in fact a diesel mechanic.

Thanks,

poorrichard

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Great start ........ continue the story

You have a great start to an interesting story. Continue it.

RAG

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Good start...but

Why did you stop? Make sure the guy and the wife both pay.

Irish_DomIrish_Domover 17 years ago
Better...

I believe that this story had a better understanding of the human male psyche than the original. Keep it Up!

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 17 years ago
No Tigger Too is NOT a lawyer

but he is a leader of two groups 1) ..woman Great all men all the time bad ... and 20 recociliation at all costs crowd

Risq_001Risq_001over 17 years ago
I'm glad Nici is ok with the story...............

<p>Normally I'm not fans of stories without the Authors ok, or at least listed at the top of the story, but since Nici commented I can't honestly say I have a problem with that</P>

<p>But TiggerTwo you real can only speak from your personal experience and not the whole world. I have seen 6 divorces up close from buds. All of them are from the guys I ran around with from when I was a kid. While most of them were the cheating spouse (4 were Wives and 1 was the husband/bud) one wes because the husband had a gambling problem. And in each one the other person was cheating for more than a year before they got caught/confessed.</p>

<p>But in one of those, the wife <b><i>WAS</i></b> cheating at home and the guy's 17 year old son had to tell him that while he was out working at nights, his <i>best</i> freind was coming over in the middle the night, entering the house while the kids were supposed to be sleeping, having sex with the mom in their bed, and then leaving before the father came home. Normally I would have never believed it was true, but when confronted the wife basicly said "So what. I want a divorce and I'm taking everything you own" and I was there to see it. So it was kinda hard for me to doubt what he said she was doing was true. And yes she did take him to the cleaners even though she was the one cheating.</p>

<p>So using my personal experiences I have to say that this story "could" happen because I've seen things like this in real life happen the same way. Just because you've not seen it doesn't mean it couldn't happen</p>

<p>Intersting story so far, just curious where its going though</p>

-Risq

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
At first...

after having read the most recent comments, I planned on adding my name to the list disagreeing with 'TiggerToo.' But after having read his original comment, I am more likely to be inclined to agree with him. I enjoyed the story up to that point at which the daughter innocently informs her father that wife and lover fornicated in the living room with the children at home. This is a dramatic interpolation to the original story. Whereas in the first story the emphasis was on the wife's irrational thinking, now the attention will be on her contemptible lack of good judgment and common sense. I have difficulty accepting this revelation. I don't believe her attorney lover would be so foolish as to place himself in such a perilous position.

While 'poorrichard' may submit a subsequent entertaining tale, its outcome is now not difficult to predict. It would seem to me that it would be incredibly challenging for the wife to wiggle out of this one. This variable would seem to make the husband's winning custody, etc. too easy. And why the private detective? In 'Nici's' story the wife appeared to be a pint short of a gallon, and was apparently easily manipulated into bed by an unscrupulous attorney. Why else then would she have so harshly thrown down the gauntlet to her husband in dictating her terms? Couldn't the husband have acquired a recorder and had her repeat herself in a shortly ensuing conversation? According to this story, it would have been a hell of a lot cheaper, and probably just as effective. With her being so pliable, I think it's a reasonable possibility and wouldn't have required much imagination to accomplish.

To 'Nici': "Modus Ponens." Thank you. I learned something new.

Philip

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
You Shouldn't Have

Actually, in some ways this story is as bad as nici's was. The writer should have waited until the whole thing settled in his mind and a suitable epilogue came to him. What he produced is nothing special. When this post ends, you’re left with exactly the same impression of Jonathan as when nici mercifully quit writing.

In this continuation, the protagonist doesn’t DO anything about his situation beyond a formulaic visit to family friends and moving to that damned guestroom down in the basement. I wonder why he bothered. Also, the writer said he wasn’t satisfied with nici’s characters as she portrayed them, but this story hasn’t rounded them out to any real extent. The cheating wife is still a caricature and Jonathan is still just moping around being sad. In fact, we know he’s depressed but he’s exhibited that one, single emotion from the first. Color me badly disappointed with this story.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 17 years ago
To like, or dislike a story

is every reader's right. To comment when allowed is very often helpful and constructive. I cannot understand why anyone would think their point of view is served by the use of vile name calling. Some people would use those terms for any (all) of us that frequent a site like Literotica. For one reader to use them for other readers, and writers, is really strange. We are all on this site together and we didn't find it while Googling religion, did we?

niciniciover 17 years ago
Oh Boy...

<p> Risq, </p>

<p> I’m tending to agree with you. My thinking on the matter is that my bed is in my comfort zone. So I am more willing to have anyone I sleep with, in my own bed. I feel better in doing so. (But, maybe that’s just me, and I’m not one who would take strangers into my bed.) </p>

<p> On the other hand, and in reference to this story, her lover is a lawyer, and a single male. He has his own house. She has time during the day to be there. It would be very narcissistic of him to actually take the greater risk in sleeping with her in her own bed… just for the pleasure of sleeping with another man’s wife in that man’s bed. The traits of an NPD do not include suicidal tendencies. (Which her lover has.) That’s just NOT in the realm of thinking for a narcissist! </p>

<p> My sequel is now fully posted and waiting approval. The original story “Something We Have To Talk About” is in actuality only a middle chapter of a longer story that I had in planning. As such it is taken out of context, and does not show the full picture. I hope that my sequel will show more of my intentions of showing a very average couple, equally strong, but in conflict because of communications problems. </p>

<p> Cheating was not their problem. Communication was. Cheating was only a symptom, nothing more, simple, common everyday problems that you will see in every marriage counselor’s offices across the US and abroad. </p>

<p> Since I have been so often associated “as being” the heroine of this story, I feel I need to declare one thing. I am not. In none of my relationships (male and female partners) have I ever cheated. For me, cheating is not an option, but a weakness. Yet, we all have weaknesses and sometimes fail. So, for me, life does not end if someone cheated on me, and if I fell into a cheating situation, my critical examination of myself, would be far more brutal than that of my partner’s. </p>

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 17 years ago
More crap by the Lesbian whack job

Let me see if I have this right....... the wife in NICI's turd of story is fucking this other guy for a year.... yet NICI asserts that this married couple had a COMMUNICATION problem? oh come on.... thats like Bush saying he had to Invade Iraq b/c he cares about Arab Democrasy... when we all know there aint no such animal and never will be....... COMMUNICATION problem? LOL.... wow thats a good one..... a full year ....??? ROTFLOL!!!!! .................."Dear we dont communciate very well so I have to fuck some guy for a year..... classic progressive PC bullshit.......... ROTFLMAO!!! HAHAHAHAHA........... I am laughing so hard I gotta go pee.....

shangoshangoover 17 years ago
A little over the top, HarryinVA

But accurate. I've both cheated and been cheated on. I've held hands with friends of both sexes when it's happened to them. The Author and a few others keeps saying "This doesn't fit". Inconsistent behavior is the norm for sociopaths (which is what the two lover's are). But what's really disturbing is the Wife is destroying the family, yet TT and others are defending the characterization. If I was a woman, I'd like to think I'd be offended by this portrayal. I wish the best writer (IMHO) on Lit (X-Bishop), would take a look at this.

poodlepapapoodlepapaover 17 years ago
So OK...

Both stories were interesting…as far as each went…I think what people are finding so troubling is that not either story follows through to any satisfactory conclusion…satisfactory for any one.

So here are a couple or few thoughts for consideration. ..and please take these observations as ones made by a not to great marriage councilor.

1. Infidelity is the single most damaging element that can be introduced into any relationship.

2. The potential for evil that exists in these situations can’t begin to be calculated or understood by most reasonable people. That’s because there is never, not ever and ethical argument that can be made to support infidelity. That’s why we call it cheating folks…And NO! Cheating is not and cannot be defined as “screwing around with an explanation or asterisk.” It is what it is.

3. I have herd some of the lamest excuses, definitions and reason that any logical person could imagine…given as reasons for one or the other party in a relationship having done so. I.e. “it just happened” …as if a zipper came down on some ones pants magically…and some else then fell on some incidentally stiff penis that just happen to be in the way.! Hello!

Look all this stuff makes for good and even titillating reading but in reality guys, when something like this happens there is always a price to pay…and that price is never paid by just one of the people in the relationship. Think of the children, friends and families involved…The second and even third party victims in the fall out.

If the truth must be told, nothing so far in either of the two stories under discussion necessarily rings terribly false. Just terribly incomplete. My criticism is that not either of these two efforts have done real justice to the issue at hand.

One last thought. There is no new sin under the sun that has not yet been committed…at least a million times over…in the history of man kind. The only thing that is ever new is how each new soul suffers the consequence of that sin. But isn’t that what distinguishes the great writers from the not so great…the telling of the story in a way that makes all feel that we’re hearing about it all once again…as if it were a story that we had never been told before?

Best to all.

poodlepapa

poodlepapa@hotmail.com

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Have to agree with Harry

Where his "communication problem" debunking of the original author is concerned, that is.

THAT argument, by NICI, is indeed, like our Great President's invasion of Iraq, killing >3,000 Americans, maiming 10's of thousands, limbs and mentally, and opening a can of worms so Iraqis are having a field day every day with one another, killing in the tens of thousands all together the last 4 years.

This marriage WAS NOT and IS NOT about "communication problem," as the original author, NICI, lamely asserted. (Albeit, her last post here stated that this WAS an incomplete chunk of her larger/full story, PRESUMABLY where she SHOWED CLEARLY how and why the LACK of communication existed PRIOR to the woman's FUCKING around and TELLING the husband,

"Y'know, I love you to death and want to grow old with you. But my boyfriend IS A LAWYER and I will continue to FUCK HIM, whether you like it or not. And, by the way, dear beloved, HE AND I HAVE LOOKED AT this thing VERY CAREFULLY and IF YOU CHALLENGE my dictates and decrees as to HOW this marriage proceed, YOU WILL LOSE; you will then be asked by a court of law to pay alimony, child support, plus you will be kicked out of this house, and your visitation rights with the children will be limited..."

Dear original author, NICI ---- THAT IS NOT "miscommunicatin," I don't care how you twist, turn, squirm, bs.... that is heinous and calculated COLD-BLOODEDNESS.... it is a transgression that sometimes, MANY TIMES, ends up

(1) with that woman dying in a pool of blood, alone or with her boyfriend,

(2) with both husband and wife dying by hand guns,,,, or

(3), if the man is really, really wimpy, he may only kill himself, seeing noway out of the vise his beloved wife clamped over his nuts.

But I like THIS STORY, this rendition, by POORRICHARD. He SOUNDED LIKE A MAN, a man with a heart, with a brain, with ethics and morality, and above all with anger. His loving her MAY or MAY not prevent him from, in THIS RENDITION, driving her and her fleecing boyfriend, literally, to the edge of a cliff and have them kiss and jump over ---- but he WILL do something.

"Miscommunication," "uncommunicative," "lack of communication," etc. are NOT the causes of people cheating. It is the LACK of fortitude, maturity, respect for self and for family members, and a TREMENDOUS lack of moral and ethical vicissitudes ---- THOSE ARE the underlying "reasons" why some people cheat, while OTHERS don't, GIVEN THE SAME OR VERY SIMILAR SETS OF CIRCUMSTANCES!

So, please, don't BS about things you have little or no grasp of,,,,

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
menza menza

well at least this one shows the husband isin't going to put up with a cheating spouse i personally think we could have done without the mom cheating in front of the kids thing because now the wife seems even more unbelieveable than the first story written by nici which my comment to that story is actually a question how could such a pretty girl have such horrible attitude about men?

torchthebitchtorchthebitchover 17 years ago
Interesting take.

I like your writing. You have tried to create a strong male character. I am looking forward to seeing how you develop your female character. Interesting comments from nici. I posted my comment on her story before reading this. I think we have two writers who show a lot of promise. To both of you, ponder the critiques, disregard the criticism. Keep writing.

Personally etc etc.

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 17 years ago
Pretty good first story

My only criticism of this sequel is that I think you should have gone ahead and made this chapter quite a bit longer - not necessary to resolve the situation all the way to an epilogue - but would have been stronger if you had taken it further.

<p> I think your plot line so far, though, is very believable, especially the kids' reaction. Nici is in denial about Susan and narcissism - her original story painted the picture of an incredibly self-absorbed selfish person.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Finish it!

Nice pick up from Nici's start now finish it.

Average-JoeAverage-Joeover 17 years ago
I dont understand why everyone thinks the

kids seeing her is a deal breaker. Its pretty obvious that the woman in the original story is unhinged, or at least dumb as a brick. Its also fairly obvious that she doesnt care about her family. She can claim to love them all she wants but people who arent psychopaths dont treat the people they love like this. It doesnt just apply to the husband because she couldnt care much about her kids either if she is so cavalier with their stability/happiness.

Given that the wife only cares for herself and isnt very smart, I dont see how her screwing the boyfriend where the kids might see is out of character.

The boyfriend obviously is a total bastard who wasnt just satisfied with fucking the guys wife, he wanted to rub his nose in it. Doesnt seem like he would be all that concerned with the possible repercussions of getting caught on the wife either. He probably wanted to take chances until they got caught just to fuck over the wife and humiliate the husband further. From his pov, he has nothing to lose. He's (lawyer/boyfriend) is shown to be dumb because he cant seem to fathom that you dont push a person into a corner and threaten to take away everything they have, including their pride/self-respect and the respect of his children, and expect him to always play by civilized society's rules.

Many people have argued with those of us that think the wife in this story is an unrealistic caricature. They say that there are really people this dumb, self-absorbed and delusional irl. If we concede that she (and boyfriend) really is as stupid/vicious/cruel/shallow/self-absorbed as they seem, why suddenly argue that she wouldnt be so stupid as to risk her kids seeing her? Why would you read between the lines to conclude she was worried about the effects on her children of seeing her with a man who wasnt their father? If she can claim to love her husband and talk to him the way she did in the first story (never mind the affair itself), why trust that her tender motherly feelings towards her children would lead her away from possibly hurting them?

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Likes and Dislikes???

Between the two authors, this is quiet a story. In a NO FAULTS DIVORCE STATE, if either spouse can prove to the court or judge that the other is unfit and putting the children at risk, that person will lose, big time. She thinks she is so smart and her boy friend lawyer has filled her head with such b/s that she is not in control of herself. Before a divorce goes to court and there is a PI that prove that she is cheating on her husband with her lawyer boy friend, the boy friend will cut her lose. He can be disbarred and lose his lively hood for such a deed. The wife told him that he would and should understand and cited their marriage vows to him that he must obey, but she did not mention the one, "forsaking all other." She is a slut and cheat. Once a cheater, always a cheater. If her young boyfriend gets tired of her, she will just get another, because she has a proven track record.

In a divorce, the children are hurt the most, no matter what age they are. I feel sorry for the children, and I hope he can get a divorce that will not cost him an arm and a leg. If things do get too rough for him, he should take all of his monies, hide them with a close relative and quit his job. That way, she would get nothing. Can't get blood from a turnip.

If his revenge and anger are so great, he should hire a hit man and have them both done away with at the same time. Maybe they could both have a car accident together. Then he could get on with his and his children's lives.

Wet_WorksWet_Worksover 17 years ago
I have to say that this is a vast improvement

over the way that Nici's story was going. I hope you finish it.

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioover 17 years ago
Pretty good as a sequel . . .

The male character was far more believable in this sequel. He does what most men in similar situations are likely to do. I guess a male author can portray a male's thinking better than a female author (Nici). I agree with other comments that this chapter of the sequel would have been better if it were a bit longer. I look forward to the next part(s) and conclusion. Good writing, also good because the actions are believable rather than pure fantasy land!

JoesephusJoesephusover 17 years ago
Thinking about writing my own ending...

First I want to tip my hat to this story. I'm very impressed with the writing and the direction it's going. The reason that I'm thinking about writing my own ending is that the author in her next two chapters goes in a different direction. I'd like to pick it up from there.

I do think that having the child see her mother with another man makes this a very different story. Frankly if it didn't, and considering the skill and direction poorrichard is taking the story I wouldn't consider my own.

I do need a bit of knowledge help. I'm not an American, and while I've lived in Texas for 7 years I don't know about the laws of any west coast state.

If anyone here can find out what a father like the one in this story could expect with a very good lawyer in any of the west coast states I'd love to have you email me.

I'm the worlds biggest computer klutz, but I think if you click on my name here you can send me an email. I know if you us the story search with my name you'll be able to. I'd like to start on this this weekend if I can get this info

Joesephus

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Congratulations

For an initial story, I thought you did an admirable job. In her story, Nici was so innovative that she left all kinds of avenues open for people like yourself who wanted to write sequals. My only complaint is the three chapters instead of one clean story. i don't quite ubderstand the vitriolic criticism of Nici's original story. It was clever, innovative and somewhat satirical. The fact that it was irritating was part of Nici's imaginative ploy in my opinion.

60 year old George

KOLKOREKOLKOREover 17 years ago
Try to walk the line...

So far, your first follow up chapter builds up slowly but surely. Feels kind of good after the frenzied somewhat surreal atmosphere of the confrontation in nici’s chapter. Than again many confrontations of that nature probably do feel hazy and surreal… It’s good to balance it now. The main challenge for you, I think, is how to develop a credible plot which would walk the line, while keeping holding credibility on one hand and interest and some unpredictability on the other. Would not want to be in your place at the moment…, but appreciate your effort already!

The one caveat I have so far is similar to some previous comments. IMO, there are already so many damning qualities to the wife’s character and behavior, that what you added in your chapter seemed like an unnecessary addition to her “file”. My concern is that it would cost the plot with some loss of dramatic tension. Hope I am wrong though…

KOLKOREKOLKOREover 17 years ago
AJ nici Anon re.logic, thought, god and whatnot

First, to Average-Joe. No, you got it right . The author here does build up toward the end with his addition on her behavior. The use of "God from the machine" here is a confusion on Tigger’s part. (He still made his point across though). “The God from the machine” device was used (literally) at the end of shows hundreds of years ago, when a slowly descending structure would appear towards the end of the play. From the “machine” came the rep. of divinity to settle all un settled plot wholes. *****

As far as the desirability of adding implicating material against the mother I agree with nici , but not for the reason she is presenting. Nici says that what you added was illogical. In fact logic has nothing to do with it (I did appreciate you reminding me of my intro logic class. My teacher called it: [‘it’ being: ‘if p then q’] “material implication”, and today I found in addition to ‘your’ name some more.) It’s his story nici. There are endless gaps (as any story has). He can choose to fill all; part or none from your chapter. Thus, the irrelevance of a logic problem here. It would (in my mind) be like the mother’s character to ignore her children’s needs (narcissist is a narcissist). I agree with you nici, but because of aesthetic, not logical reasons This addition flaw unnecessarily simplifies the conflict. She is already so flawed that in fact the author would have to do some work to make her more human. *****

On a distinction that Anon in Norcal makes between her judgment and her character flaws, sorry pal, they are distinct, but not immuned from influencing each other. Say, if you seriously believe that your husband should be ok with the arrangement she offered (a temporary dedication to the consolation of the new man than she comes back to the husband) then how can it not affect her judgment over situations including risks concerning herself her lover her husband? Overall, the author could be critiqued more on of the level of his artistic judgment, and in that more as a matter of a degree on a continuum (how much she needs to be vilified) rather than a categorical mistake.*****

BTW, nici, are you sure about multiple votes by the same reader not being counted somehow? I always try to be fair on that. Could you please let me know how you leaned about it?

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
lets have the other chapters soon

wow, I need to read the next chapters. Thios could be exciting how he works this sthing out. But dont you dare let him be a WIMP because if you do I'llnot read anymore of your stories. Reconcilliation is ok but not wimping

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Good story from an adult personality.

Good work poor richard. One can tell that your a good person.

Looking forward to more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Multiple Voting (KOLKORE)

Votes, not to be confused with a score given on a comment, are swept every so often and the multiples removed. There is a good reason therefore for readers to think more carefully on this action. To appreciate that multiples have been cast information on the voters has to be accumulated, everyone that visits the net leaves a traceable trail. So to the libellous commenter, I say, beware, while LMFAO.

As for this story, well I never read sequels especially when they are written by another writer(?) however, I do read all the comments and wonder.

TiggerTooTiggerTooover 17 years ago
Cheating at home ... Risq

I said it was "unlikely". I didn't say it never happens, as it obviously does. Your examples show one out of six. The woman in your example was not very wise. It wasn't too difficult for someone to catch on. Neither of us knows the actual statistics but in my opinion it's less than 1 out of 6 (17%) because it's just plain dumb. The real point is that the author introduced a plot device that's seldom done IRL (only 17% by your statistics) in order to force a one-sided ending. Why not do so by imaginative writing? To Poodlepapa – Thanks for an informative and most realistic comment. The things people do are not always for cogent reasons. To Harry - Aside from the 4% of people who are psychopaths, most of us, men and women alike, can be good and bad in turn. It's often situational. I'm not an anything. I stated explicitly in the original story's comments that I'd look after my own best interests and be outa there. Once again, it's situational. Phil

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
I read Harry's Links; he has a point about NICI

I dont know if anyone mentioned this but NICI clearly does NOT know shit. In NO FAULT divorce state PROVING to the judge that the Other spouse is unfit and placing Kids in danger will pay off BIG time. This is not hear info to find and I think it shwos how fucked up Nici really is....................................

......................................

SECOND..... I am going to hare myslef for doing this but I DID actualy go back and read Garry'sAPB last story--IT WAS SOMETHING IN HER VOICE and I read Nici comments in the feedback section. Nici's reacton to the husband character was filled with venom hate and well almost a murderous rage.............. then for Nici to claim to write a NORMAL LW story with her work NOTHING TO TALK ABOUT.... Well I hate to say it but harry ... vulgar as always.... is right once again.....

...................................................................Nici is really crazy

KOLKOREKOLKOREover 17 years ago
Is it really necessary?

Tough style never scared me. I was and am always for cutting to the chase. Where I came from that’s the norm. But at the same time if I see B.S hiding under tough style, I will call it for what it is. Actually I would not say B.S. because I know that the other person will get on my case because of my language, and I don’t want to let him/her off so easy. Bottom line, if you have substantive argument –show us. Give a short quote to prove it. For example, how do we know what you mean by “venom in her voice”? I am not a literalist. You probably talk about her tone but show it. Do you expect us to go running and search for the text you found and there look for what you found as venomous? *****

The second (and most important) point: What’s with the name calling? “Crazy”? Do you feel you make your case about her supposed anti men attitude stronger with this label? Do you mean ‘crazy’ like insane? How did you get to that conclusion?

Maybe you meant that she is crazy because she has an anti men attitude, or is it the other way - we should not take her anti men attitude seriously because she is crazy. *****

Can you see what happens when I try to take what you are saying about another person mental state seriously? Is it really necessary? *****

I realize that you are not the only one doing it. To the extent that others do that -it weakens; lowers or even totally discredits the arguments to which it’s attached. It certainly does not strengthen it. Just like yelling does not make the content of what you are saying more valid, just harder to hear. *****

How in all fairness does someone’s sexual preference affect their competence in arguing their ability to write? The only thing it does if used in irrelevant context is exposing the poster’s ignorance or bigoted biases.

PhilipinNorcalPhilipinNorcalover 17 years ago
Kolkore; Average Joe

"Kolkore:"

In the original story, the wife doesn't 'think' that her husband is going to be accepting of the arrangement she discusses; she 'hopes' that he will. Why else would she display the trepidation she exhibits in broaching the subject? That each part of us influences the whole of us is a given. My being left-handed influences where I sit at the dinner table. Is irrational thinking a character flaw? I don't know, but if so, it's one to which we all succumb at one time or another. If we are thinking rationally, does that mean we no longer possess that flaw? Perhaps the possibility of thinking irrationally is an innate flaw we all share. The probability of each of us to fall prey may reflect the extent of the flaw. Irrational thinking and poor judgment often do go hand-in-hand. And that does make possible her taking the foolish risk of bringing her lover to her home and being caught "in flagrante" by her daughter. But for me, it's not very probable. In prefacing her remarks to her husband, she indicated how much she had tried to hide her affair from him. Bringing her lover home while her children were there would not only expose her liaison to discovery, but also make possible that her husband find incriminating evidence. That hardly sounds like a commitment to secrecy. That he was dumbfounded upon being told of her indiscretion lends to the belief that all encounters were away from her abode. Actually, 'Kolkore,' all of this may be moot. Perhaps she was lying about the entire affair. Maybe she has construed this story to punish him for suffering a perceived wrong by him. Perhaps, she was only partially lying. Her lover may actually not be an attorney, but an innocent party who is unaware of her marriage and family. Her threads of logic could indicate that she's mentally imbalanced, is suffering from delusions, and has made all or part of this up. At no point in 'Nici's' story is there actual proof of her being unfaithful save for her confession. When she leaves the house, do we really know where she's going?***'Average Joe': In 'poorrichard's' story the wife being caught committing adultery by one of her children is a "deal breaker." As passive participants in a divorce, children most often experience some distress in the parting of their parents. As the reader of a story about this subject, I can and may have negative feelings for the party whose actions have inflicted the children with this anguish. But when a child(ren) becomes an active participant by witnessing the actual indiscretion, the parent responsible for this happening becomes the epitome of heinousness. This leaves "poor judgment" in the rear view mirror. This now becomes callous and blatant disregard for her child(ren)'s well being. That is unforgivable. Were 'poorrichard' to now somehow present options for this wife to save her marriage and family, or for her not to experience severe consequences, the readership here would be up-in-arms in a really big way. I can just hear 'Harry' now. With his adding this variable to the story, I believe he has painted himself into a corner.

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 17 years ago
KOLKORE clues are clues

KOLKORE

You have to look at the totally of what she NICI has said/ posted. ....................................

======================================================

I guess I have a different perspective than others. Nici did NOT write a wank story about some guy wanting watch his wife fuck Mike Tyson. In her original story SHE went out her way to say that most serious LW stories feature shallow characters and unrealistic reactions. SHE wrote that... I did NOT... Then we all read her bizzare twisted vile silly story... which NICI thinks and calims to be REALISITIC.

======================================================

At first I thought her story was a joke. THEN I read her post over at gary APB's most recent story . HAVE YOU READ NICI POST IN GARY APB 's most recent story? It is well SHOCKING.

=========================================================

by themselves each 3 things do NOT mean much. Taken in totally however all 3 things tells me she has never ever talked to a MAN for more than 10 seconds and that she is a serious whack job

Average-JoeAverage-Joeover 17 years ago
So he painted himself into a corner?

That may be true but why would you look at it that way? Why not say that he gave additional damning evidence to show that there is only one possible outcome? Maybe he thinks that what the wife has already done (in the original) was enough to eliminate the possibility of reconciliation and he was just adding another nail to her coffin.

We've agreed that it isnt outside the realm of believability to think the wife may have taken chances. Call it poor judgment, total disregard for anyone but herself, or even a simple mistake. Whatever reason you use, the point is that she could have done it. Why does the author need to keep the possibility of reconciliation on the table at all? If he has a way he wants the story to go, why cant he post all the roadsigns he wants along the way?

If the deal breaker as far as story credibility had been something about aliens abducting him and showing him 3d interactive holograms of the wife with her lover, I would say it was goofy. Making the wife as bad as he (poorrichard) as he wants isnt unrealistic or a flawed plot device though imo. I already think the wife was way past the point of no return so adding that her kids saw was just another black mark against an already irredeemable character.

In fact, the only reason I can see for people getting upset over the daughter's revelation, is that it takes the possibility of reconciliation irrefutably off the table. Just because the author has apparently chosen to go a different direction than some of you want, that doesnt mean he made a mistake in the logic of the story imo.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Minus The Flames - Harry is right about nici

At his suggestion, I just read her comment on GaryAPB's story "It was something in her voice".

nici's comment totally berated the cucked husband(4 times in his home and bed over a month with no end in sight) for having divorced his cheating wife whore of over twenty years that justified her lover by figuring that her husband must have cheated on her at some point in their marriage.

Her (nici's) comment now explained in part her narcissistic attitude in her story - of trying to keep the sub male in his place.

I anxiously await her recovery from ch. 1 but suspect it will just get worse trying to keep the male humiliation going.

We shall see.

Author - whereas hers was bereft of all reality yours is much more in line with the likelihood of life's problems and reactions. You are appreciated.

With High Regard (so Far)

jedbeakerjedbeakerabout 17 years ago
Bravo! More-Please!

I liked both of the stories, but NICI's looked like it was heading toward another ball-less wimp loser of a husband. I liked this story's character much better. I am always puzzled at the responders who want reconciliation. Hopefully there won't be any here! I am looking forward to the future chapters.

I thought it was a great twist having the person he 'heard it from, before the wife's version' being one of the children. I didn't see that coming.

SEVERUSMAXSEVERUSMAXabout 17 years ago
Much better

...if I were the monogamous sort, I could relate to this guy. Much better than hers. Her Susan is realistic, but not her Jonathan, in my opinion. I couldn't see myself doing what he did in hers. But in his....yes. If I were not a swinger and cutting past all that monogamy/cheating cycle business.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Keep going Richard

I've read Nici's part 2 & I think I prefer the way yours seems to be heading

poorrichardpoorrichardabout 17 years agoAuthor
chapter 2 done

Well the 2nd chapter is finished and on the website today. I have to say I had a hard time with these characters. I guess I have rose-colored glasses. I didn't really like any of the characters when I took this story up. I chose to temper the wife's character somewhat as I found it difficult to believe Jonathan could have thought that narcissist was the perfect wife. I am looking forward to writing my own story from scratch next.

regards,

poorrichard

toesmantoesmanabout 17 years ago
Very good, but ambiguous ending

PoorRichard; I thought I'd left a comment before, but apparently not. I'm so glad that you jumped in & gave your ending which I read before reading Nici's ending (?) if ending it could be called. Although she seems to have moderated her characterization of the husband by the time of her ending, I still maintain that her disdain (at best), if not outright contempt for her male character shows her basic dislike of men. And the set up in her first chapter as to the legal-divorce issues is so basically flawed that I quit reading after that part for a while. I realize that it is her story, & she can-and indeed did-structure that part the way she wanted, but everything about Susan's statements was so patently false & unbelievable that I couldn't get past that part. Anyway, enough about the BBB (ball-busting b*^#h) & her abortion of a story. Your ending was great, although somewhat ambiguous... do I hear some sort of reconciliation coming on here? At some point, in my humble opinion at least, every author of "cheating wives" stories has to decide at what point the cheating, betrayals, disrespect has become so egregious that there can be no hope of any reconciliation, no matter how long married, how it may or may not effect any children, etc. A man with any pride, and dignity whatsover, at some point, could not look at himself in the mirror if he reconciled w/ a cheating slut wife, no matter how the divorce & ending came about. Keep writing, to me, you have a real talent that is good to see. Toesman, in GA.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Nice Start

You have done a very good job with the start of this. I think you have taken a much more realistic approach to this than Nici did. She had the makings of a great story, but squandered the built in tension of the situation she set up. You on the other hand have set up a slightly different tension and it will be interesting to see how you decide to unfold it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Excellent Improvement

This is an excellent improvement to what nici wrote! Good job!

techsantechsanabout 17 years ago
Thank you!

This at least starts a lot more like a reasonable man would react to nici's story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Different Names

In the story by nici, the man that jonathon's wife was cheating with, was named Rich. Why the name change? Other than the name change, the story was excellent.

BigJohn601BigJohn601over 13 years ago
For a first effort, I think it is excellent.

Looking forward to reading more of your stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
DITTO!

What Big John said and it was a great start, my compliments. R.T.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 12 years ago
Wow

Intense. Having read the story on which this is based, I want to see what the kid's involvement does to the situation.

chytownchytownover 11 years ago
Good Read***

Short but good. Thanks for sharing

Scorpio44Scorpio44over 11 years ago
Too abrupt.

I know there's ache 2 but this ended way too abruptly to even be a chapter.

OverthefallsOverthefallsover 10 years ago
THUNK!

That was what I heard when all of a sudden you ended this story. It needed a little more information or a "fleshing out" of the characters. I'll reserve my vote until reading the next chapter.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 10 years ago

Too brief to get a feel for it.

tazz317tazz317almost 10 years ago
HOW COULD ANYONE NOT THINK OF THE HARM

that befalls the innocent, TK U MLJ LV NV

rightbankrightbankalmost 10 years ago
ok, that was a bit like an opening paragraph

now it is time to see where this is going.

Not Enough Information seems to be the operative phrase.

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 9 years ago
there is plenty of info

If you read Nici's story - But this seems to be heading in a better direction than the first part of hers - and interestingly similar to her follow up -

This time however - one of them is really thinking about the kids at least a little.

Tim413413Tim413413over 9 years ago
Author told us he needed

three chapters to finish this story. I see there is only one more chapter. I hope he finished it there. BTW these were the only two stories he wrote. Too bad.

rightbankrightbankabout 9 years ago
nothing to dislike

or like

yet

ErotFanErotFanover 8 years ago
So far a good continuation

You've summarized the story so far, reframed the protagonist and advanced the plot. On to Ch. 02.

tazz317tazz317over 8 years ago
WAIT AND PROCRASTINATE

and then pounce. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
WTF...

The story started by nick STILL isn't finished????

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Workday

Hi Poori,

Thank you SO MUCH! I was actually holding my breath as I followed these directions. It worked beautifully!

It's great to utilize the power of internet <a href="https://asha24.com/blog/introduction-to-workday-studio/"> with the available free blogs. </a>

Appreciate your effort for making such useful blogs and helping the community.

Regards,

Joe

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Appreciate

Hi Richard,

Greetings Mate,

You make learning and reading addictive. All eyes fixed on you. Thank you being such a good and trust worthy guide.

I guess you can't.

we can schedule it for On the day of month and value as 1.

Then it willl run on every month day 1.

But you need to run on 15th also.

So create one more alert which is as same as existing alert and schedule it on 15th.

Hope this will help you...

<a href="https://asha24.com/workday-training">

Once again thanks for your tutorial. </a>

Cheers,

Irene Hynes

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Workday

Hi There,

Gratitude for putting up this prolific article! You truly make everything a cake walk. Genuinely good stuff, saving time and energy. <a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-G_YiwnSI0"> workday certification </a>

I am in charge of developing a report for project reporting in R12,

I need to get the initial budget and the most recent budget of the project.

I made search on the PA tables and found tables that (may be ) related to my objective:

PA_PROJECTS_ALL, PA_PROJECT_BUDGET_VERSION, PA_PROJECT.

I suspect the version_number of the PA_PROJECT_BUDGET_VERSION table to be the right information but when I run the query I get more column that I got from form in the apps web app.

how can I get the needed information? any suggestion, critic, opinion is welcome.

I will do further search and post back result if found anything useful.

Very useful article, if I run into challenges along the way, I will share them here.

Merci,

Radhey

26thNC26thNCabout 5 years ago
Good beginning

Now rescue this story if you can.

ThematchthatBurnsThematchthatBurnsabout 5 years ago
Starter for ten!

Great, now you can prove she's an unfit mother, go for the throat! Straight on the phone to in laws, tell your side first.

Sounds like a go for it lawyer, simply get restraining order to start because of "moral danger" to children. Lock down money.

Sounds like a really good burn the bitch story in the making! More like this needed.

Too many wimp fruitcake stories on here these days!

moblanemoblaneabout 5 years ago
Complicated?

Well, ALL of the possible endings to this story, HAVE BEEN WRITTEN many times. Given the normal track of a divorce in the USA I see NO GOOD ENDING POSSIBLE without someone, and possibly everyone, getting hurt, either physically or emotionally. There needs to be some 'adjustment' to the evil "NO FAULT DIVORCE" It contributes more to the destruction of the USA than Donald Trump could EVER achieve! If a deplorable person can get away with lies, cheating, fraud and manipulation by abusing others, justice DOES NOT EXIST. A BTB ending to this is the only fair resolution, but still hurts and abuses the husband and kids! Best of luck with any conclusion it will say FAR MORE about your humanity than your writing skills. 1* for taking the time to write this. My only 'constructive comment' is "If you want to write stories.... FINISH THEM.... or get a job on a newspaper!

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago
Checking back

After reading Fritz51 great time on this story, I decided to read this again. Good setup, now burn her.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Interesting....

Well now this is an interesting take.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
My Favorite Kind Of Story

Writers can use this foundation...change the names and a few details...and I would still enjoy reading them. Why? Because I have been there. I would like to know what other options I perhaps had open to me. When it happened to me, I didn't run to a bar to get drunk. Like this man, I went to eat and had nothing harder to drink than iced tea. I made notes of the facts as best I could remember them while they were fresh on my mind. I wrote down my options and who I might go to for help. I made arrangements to live elsewhere. But I vowed to avoid alcohol and drawing in friends who might pass information along to my wife. I made a few mistakes along the way. And that is why I am glad to find stories where the husband found ways to fight back against a corrupt divorce system. If I could have found ways to inflict bodily harm on the man who stole my marriage and son from me...without having to go to jail...I would have in a heartbeat. But nothing came to my mind at the time. And my lawyer warned me not to try to do so. I am looking forward to how this story continues.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Hot Damn

A husband who is cheated on, had his nose rubbed in it, threatened by his Loving Wife who didn't throw up or run out and get drunk. Shit, could this be the start of a new trend? Signed: BTW

KRD19254KRD19254over 3 years ago

So the kids are fully aware and witness to mom's adulterous conduct in the home. This bodes well got the betrayed husband if he thinks clearly. From the initial story the CHEATER never saw her conduct as betrayal, untrustworthy, or a threat to family unity. When she laid out his demise in a divorce she was so precise in the details it could have only come from her divorce lawyer paramour - disclosing a totally PLANNED event. This story is now getting very interesting....

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago
Again after Fritz

Great start, now put her away for good.

CuriousProbeCuriousProbealmost 3 years ago

I really liked your setup, and I am learning. Your emotive descriptions are executed well and drew me in. You are setting it up so this can go anywhere

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

She should meet her maker, that slut. SHE and her actions are destroying the kids lives...

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

wow, that was such a shocker, a mother would do that in front of her own daughter.

wilsonanthonywilsonanthonyabout 2 years ago

I like it very much already for you understand the situation. Yes she a bitch and actually wants permission to keep on being one and he has no choice for she wants to be with her handsome and younger boyfriend! Can't wait to see what you come up with next. By the way I do not think Nici is a good writer! Someone said and I quote, "You suck!"

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous