All Comments on 'Now What In The Hell?'

by magmaman

Sort by:
  • 32 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Damn, Triple M

real life, or just a story, that is good!

tazz317tazz317over 11 years ago
IF IT WAS EVER MEANT TO BE

love will find a way and conquer. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Excellent

I usually enjoy your stories, and being very near your age I definitely get your point of view. This was a very good story and one I will probably read again in the future. Thanks for writing it.

JonTaylorJonTaylorover 11 years ago
You Still Have It

Good story - great writing. Self-effacing wit and a fast-paced writing style keep it interesting. You still have it. I hope you keep using it.

trite_readertrite_readerover 11 years ago
Really good writing.

Will never know how much of this tale is real, however, it felt real. It was entertaining and interesting. This is the proper way to write short stories.

Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
The writing was so fucking abysmal I coulda highlighted just about any paragraph.

"That hurt like hell but now I was pissed off, I lashed out with a kick of my own and got him in the knee. I wear nice heavy shoes, the kind with Velcro instead of laces since the shoe laces got a bit too far away for me to reach comfortably the last few years."

Seriously? Thanks for writing - 1*

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
When the previous commenter

turns 69 he'll understand what you're talking about.

Nice story, one of your better ones.

Sidney43Sidney43over 11 years ago

Nice story, interesting narrative style, easy to read. Spent a lot of time on the Oregon coast, maybe because I was raised about twenty five miles as a crow might fly over the coast range to Tillamook. I always want to think stories like this are true and at least some of the time they might be, because young women like Sandi deserve a break or two in life.

One thing, what is a .45 magnum? Maybe a .44 instead?

C_frommnC_frommnover 11 years ago
Nice Story

Liked the Stabbing in the Balls part. esp. when you consider age and Strength. it was nice to see a Happy Ending at least for Sandi.

chytownchytownover 11 years ago
Feel Good Story*****

I guess we are about the same age and I never leave home without my pocket knife. Thanks for a great read.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 11 years ago
This Story Had Me Scratching My Head !

Why is this in Romance ? Women getting hit & old men getting thumped in ribs. That's not romantic ! Then a skinny , flat chested chick is boarding with Deb & Dan ? Is this a Group Sex story ? Then the cop started taking the young girl out & things fell into place real nice. As a reader, I wasn't completely lost but I was confused a mite.

Well Magmaman sure took the scenic route telling this tale . It was worth it .

cpetecpeteover 11 years ago
Niceee

Fun tale, feel good and well written.

Thanks for posting

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Happy ending

love it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Poor LardSlumDog...

Once again, he is confused by the writing--try this: "See Jane run, see Dick chase her. See Dick..........."

Enjoyed the story Dan. Thanks

bruce22bruce22over 11 years ago
Good Story

Well written. I have to admit that he was extremely lucky to not end up in the hospital. Unfortunately most Good Samaritans would have been there or in jail, or both...

magmamanmagmamanover 11 years agoAuthor
I almost didn't...

Write this story, especially due to the kind of website this is. Finally I changed some names and things since it sort of happened last year, and after "Debs" told me to write whatever I felt like. Besides, "Sandi and Hal"..? That was sort of romantic, at least to me anyway.

Sidney43 is right, my Fillipieta single six IS a .44. I keep saying it's a .45 if the subject comes up. I have had it in my hands maybe less than a dozen times. It's kind of big, those of you who know firearms will know what it is.

Now would I have shot "Carlos" if I had to?

Yep.

Did I stick him with my little fishing knife?

Yep.

Would I do that again?

Yep.

Like I said, fishing knife. Not exactly sterile either, which is why it was two full months before "Carlos" could get around much. He has been long gone for almost a year.

The girl, woman I guess I called "Sandi" I walked down the aisle at a local Church, kind of feeling proud. The man I call "Hal" is running for County Sheriff since the old Sheriff retired. Bet he wins, too, even being pretty young. Dang good Cop there..

Life goes on.

One last thing, well, two. "Sandi" is pregnant, so I will probably live long enough to be a Grandpa. Debs is beside herself tickled. The other? It takes close to six months for bruised ribs to heal at my age....lol.

Tillamook? Dang, getting kind of close. I need to hide things better, I guess.

That's all there is.

Maybe I will go write something naughty for you folks that don't like this kind of stuff.

Thanks,

MGM

northlandernorthlanderover 11 years ago
A really Good Story

Amusing, Interesting, well written, and romantic. Could it be real, yes it could. what more could the reader want, full marks for an excellent story

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 11 years ago
Great Story!

Funny, romantic, poignant (which I can't spell without the checker). Story made my day! Well done.

The NavigatorThe Navigatorover 11 years ago
Great!

So good to see you are back in the groove again. One of your best.

PistolpackinpetePistolpackinpeteover 11 years ago
Re: "the writing was so fucking abysmal"....

...-next time you rant give a suitable example. Thanks for you literary stylings writer.

PistolpackinpetePistolpackinpeteover 11 years ago
Or, "your" literary stylings....

...damn gettin' old is hayard!

BfreetorunBfreetorunabout 11 years ago
I enjoyed it as it entertained me...

...and that is why I read. Screw the naysayers. Thank you for writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
a great story

loved the way it rolled along and had a very happy ending.....loved it......

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Ran out of stars

Some tearjerker... But I Likes It! :-)

coigachboycoigachboyover 8 years ago
Fantastical

Another great. STORY

fisheronefisheroneover 6 years ago
Unpoliished Diamond

This shows that given the right love and guidance damaged people can heal. Great ending

OvercriticalOvercriticalover 6 years ago
Nicely Done

There's nothing that says these stories have to be about bad people and have to go through some evil times before coming to a good ending. And sometimes good things happen to good people. Light and predictable, but still 5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
LOL

Enough great comments already. So what? Here goes.

I know this was a serious subject but the way it was told was fuuunneeee! Kept me chuckling incuding the comments.

Hope there's some more like it.

Paul in Oklahoma

Tophat232Tophat232over 3 years ago
Enjoyable Tale

Your writing style is casual and you communicate easily. By the end the reader has a warm and satisfied feeling. Well done.

PurplefizzPurplefizzabout 2 years ago

First off, I loved the story, it has a laid back charm and a laconic humour I really like, but secondly, as a guy, sometimes I really detest those of my gender that think it’s ok or justified to raise a hand to a woman, utterly vile behaviour and the act of a born coward. Regards from the U.K., Ppfzz.

Storm113Storm1134 months ago

Really good! 5*

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usermagmaman@magmaman
6', 186#, published writer. I have worn many hats. As a young man I was crazy, carefree and making wads of money. Then along came a messed up war and I was cannon fodder. From there I came home even crazier, and survived a 120 MPH crash which got me 15 years in a wheelchair...

story TAGS

SIMILAR Stories