All Comments on 'Objects in the Mirror'

by StangStar06

Sort by:
  • 100 Comments
hawkeye0007hawkeye0007over 10 years ago
Very well done

When the mustang man gets it right, he gets it very right. Thanks for a great story. Needless to say 5 stars.

C_frommnC_frommnover 10 years ago
Good One

Like the story and the way Brian and Alex are destined to be stuck with each other.

She should have thought of the way her guy would react. instead she believed an Asshole and Lost.

tp707tp707over 10 years ago
Another great read

I always appreciate your ability to get us into the heads of the characters. Well done.

theanalisttheanalistover 10 years ago
another 5 star story

just wishing you had written Annie's point of view when she and Dale met and fell in love...

cpetecpeteover 10 years ago
Best Line ever...

I felt like I was her four hundred pound, snaggle toothed aunt showing up at a beauty pageant, wearing a thong

That alone deserves 5 *****

JounarJounarover 10 years ago
5*

Yet again you deliver another classic Stang.

I do have to get me one of those "Objects in the mirror are losing" mirrors tho :-)

kalharrikalharriover 10 years ago
thanks again

I think one of the things I like most in your stories is that I need to stay with them. I always want to know everything. the last line was such a kicker. I laughed so hard I woke up the woman who wants to leave me. when I sat there and lied about why I was laughing and compared her to Alex....my thought was 'don't let the door hit you in the ass....'

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Editor still neded

You still need an editor who can keep the characters straight.

bruce22bruce22over 10 years ago
Yet another interesting drama.

A great tragedy because the world would not conform to what she thought it was.

Well played. The character were very real to me. Thank you

pumpop201pumpop201over 10 years ago
Another great story.

Thanks for another great story. Maybe your best one yet and a good editing job.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Great Story!!!

One of your best. Enjoyed it and keep them coming!!!

jezzazjezzazover 10 years ago

That last line is seriously awesome. I'm all jealous.

Woodwalker17Woodwalker17over 10 years ago
My Man!!

I probably would have darn near killed the fool, well told, I went through darn near the same tale in real life....Well written ,thanks for this one ......Rock on SS....

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
AND YOU JUST KNEW WHAT YOU HAD TO DO.

That was one of you better works of art. Where were you 20yrs ago, man did I need you. Would helped the hurt go much faster than the 3yrs it took. Thought length of the story very good also, as time was given to build it and all the characters as well. Another page might not have hurt, but fans of short works would not be happy so it all worked out. Until next week BUICK GS. (SORRY I AM TO LAZY TO SIGN IN.)

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Hee Hee!

Pretty Damm Good!

tazz317tazz317over 10 years ago
WHY....WHEN PEOPLE HURT THEIR LOVED ONES

the Expect for them to forgive and reboot, TK U MLJ LV NV

HatsudaHatsudaover 10 years ago
A particularly nice finale!

You're a natural for this genre, at least for some of us. Well done, as usual!

Reader67Reader67over 10 years ago
Another good 5*

One minor criticism,sack your proof reader ! LOL On a couple of occasions you got Bryan & Dale mixed up.

dinkymacdinkymacover 10 years ago
Great!

Thanks for sharing.

katibkatibover 10 years ago
Liked the ending, but...

lots of mis-placed commas, especially in the earlier part of your fine story.

Danger09Danger09over 10 years ago
Nice story ; • )

I thought the story was nice-- I think it was too short. I loved the storyline. I really wish it was one of your long "scorch the ho" stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Great

Glad that Dale got his happy ending, funny his ex couldn't see what a treasure he was until after the fact. Its fitting that she learn people move on and will not be waiting for you to come back.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Nice play on words, Stang!

Enjoyable as ever.

lokiloslokilosover 10 years ago
4 stars!

Loved that ending line!

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 10 years ago
Stangster is back

Really good read.

All the main characters are considerably overdrawn. Only redeeming feature was Bull not turning his wife over to a state institution! There were certainly no surprises of any consequence.

Anon 'editor' and others got the Dale/Bryant mixup right.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
That was...

... quite good. The Ex-es (wife and best friend) deserve each other...manipulative, selfish people.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Same old Stang

Sucks of course.

Splitlicker likes it, cuck stories and Stang are his fav.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Objection your honor

It was a typical display of over wrought, cliché ridden - God time after time its just so fucking boring. Not that you don't make good contact now and then - about a .270 average. Except the last line...that was out of the park.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
This one is just plain

boring. Sorry, try something different, we have read and reread all of this stuff and its just.

Boring.

DepopuloDepopuloover 10 years ago

The usual SS *villain(s)* who don't care about anything but themselves, still the protagonist told em both to fuck off twice so that's a plus. Good story, nothing earth shaking but still a good read.

would be a 4/5 except for one thing

the closing lines were fantastic, +2 for that alone... but since it cant be added like that we'll leave it with... 5/5, lookin forward to some more of your out there stuff that October promises. Maybe another sisters of fate tale hmm?

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

Stang used to like your stories Started to read the couple of chapters and thought it sucked.. went to to end comments here I am,, BTB stories I like

chris73170chris73170over 10 years ago
sucked

this story sucked

zed0zed0over 10 years ago
Grate Story

But how did he know to change the wording on the mirrors? Wasn't the "closer" analogy hers?

Sorry, didn't mean to nit piks!

As usual another great story from a world class story teller.

zed0zed0over 10 years ago
Oops!

I meant Great story! LOL!!!

user110user110over 10 years ago
top notch editing. flawless, as far as i can tell

wait a minute. dale is the bad guy in this! in the first place, the wife DIDN'T whore around on him. didnt do anything at all. nor did she run off to be with another man. if i recall correctly (and i do), he ran her off with threats... something like, "Now get out of here because the next time I see you, I'll hurt both of you. Now GO!"

so then he lied about it, slandered her good name throughout the entire town, turned her own daughter against her, divorced her on fraudulent grounds, and was generally an ass in every way to a woman who came to him when she was propositioned rather than fuck around on him behind his back, and declined to be shared - with haste - when he freaked out... which is what she was SUPPOSED to do.

WTF?

and if she WASN'T supposed to go to dale, then why did he hold it against her for not coming to him when bryan hit on her before? seems she was damned if she did, and damned if she didnt.

you should write a chapter 2 about after she gets a lawyer.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
awesome story again...

could have another chapter...bryan trying to press charges but friends sticking up for dale...ex trying to choose sides.... etc

RePhilRePhilover 10 years ago
Perfection in pose

Great editing

sbart921sbart921over 10 years ago
Great Story and Editing

Except for getting Dale's and Bryan's names reversed in the hospital.

pogmapogmaover 10 years ago
FAIRLY GOOD

The story premise is good but Sir 5150 should point out the awkward wording. There are several spots that don't connect well or the wording is a bit confusing. I also thought you shut down the story too quickly. It just felt, to me, like your ending was a bit quick.

Like I said the story was a little hard to follow a couple of times. Still I enjoyed the story. Keep up writing - your getting better and better.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
BTB!!!!!!

Dale KNEW that Alex and Brian were doing things (and each other),so he got rid of them. A generous person can only be abused for so long before they snap. Boy, does this story hit too close to home. Good story, but the editor needs to be sharper eyed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Penance

I do feel for her. She made a huge mistake by listening to a con man who was only interested in himself, saw she was vulnerable and took advantage of her. Does that free her of responsibility? No. But there is a door she can go through to get back a little of what she lost. By staying in town, letting the asshat go, and taking the ridicule and hatred other have of her she can start to work her way not into being his wife again, but at least a friend she used to be and a mother she is. She isn't beyond redemption.

sugnasugnaover 10 years ago
Great!

Brutally real. I have seen similar outcomes such situations. Foolish people abound in this world. They are Doomed to live lives of regret. We only get one chance at life, screw it up and live with it to the day you die. Even if he had forgiven her, she stilled screwed up, caused pain to all and completely dishonored herself and her marriage. Her husband can't "forgive" that. That is done and part of her legacy.

carvohicarvohiover 10 years ago
Where do they come from?

Your ideas; where do they come from. You must shampoo with Miracle Grow?

Of course this is a Five. I see the theme this way. Alex and Bryan leave; once gone they find themselves trapped in the immediate. The opening 'swing' thing would indicate that. Meanwhile, Dale suffered, found a new life and went on. What's the adage? Life goes on. Poor Alex; a somber tale for her. Regardless, like so many of your stories it's more curious than jaw dropping, more reflective than surprising. Kafka would have been proud of you. One more thing; some day you'll write a story where some faithless woman talking on cell phone rear ends your Mustang. The woman will most likely be driving a Volvo. What else?

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 10 years ago
Enjoyed it

Thanks for the offering.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Breaking Bad Right ?

Finished the dream sequence and 1st page.

So she loves Bryan Cranston and is missing him, now that series is over. Got it.

What is the other 4 pages about? LOL

A MerryMan

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
A good story but always the same theme.

All those dumb women , that s star06 writes about . Maybe a cheating husband or a smarter wife story any where in your future writings.????

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Dale is the bad guy

He is a wackjob. Obviously Bryan is scum, but wasn't there a normal, healthy guy in town she can find? I don't see anyone having a happy life with "victim" Dale.

gt_readergt_readerover 10 years ago

I really like the author but this submission just didn't work for me. Obviously Bryan is scum who deserves everything he gets and Alex needs major surgery to get her head out of her ass, but something is off with Dale. For years he is over the top accommodating and then turns on a dime and throws Alex out of the house/his life without warning and then years later assaults Bryan when he says one or two sentences. Dale says three strikes and you're out to Alex. Fair enough - except in baseball you know the count. Dale has been keeping the count to himself. If he had shared the count with Alex she might have realised how close she was to losing her life as she knew it.

I just don't find Dale as sympathetic and likeable as the author's usual heroes.

rcrmonte3rcrmonte3over 10 years ago
Carvohi

Not to be mean to you, but, the way Stang feels about Mustangs, the car with the woman talking on her phone who rear ends his Mustang will be a Camaro. Hell, I think Stang would put a Fiat 500 ahead of a Camaro...

DunaDunaover 10 years ago
LOL

LOL Is the sheriff led label or black label???

DunaDunaover 10 years ago
It is pity

SS06 wrote such story where the Second wife and the daughter were pregnant same time.......he forgot this scenario here, but it does not matter 5*****

BfreetorunBfreetorunover 10 years ago
This woman is beyond stupid, she deserves Bryan.

She has made mistakes (make that horrible mistakes) all her life. She should just kill herself. I'm sorry, someone like that does not deserve to live.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Unbelievable.

Women don't generally cheat because they are curious about what they are missing or because they are constantly in lust. That is usually the reason why men cheat, and statistically men are more likely to cheat than women by a significant margin. Women do cheat, but not because they are libido driven. They cheat usually because they are unhappy about their husbands and they are looking for a way to escape their relationship. Once they find suitable lovers, they would dump their husbands without looking back. The way the cheating wife in this story is so love sick with her ex-husband is so ridiculous it's not funny. Get real.

Generally, women who do cheat aren't usually unemployed homemakers or are working in dead end jobs either. They are more likely ambitious and career driven, with money of their own, and probably supporting unemployed husbands, hence the reason why they cheat.

I don't know what StangStar06's problem is, but his descriptions of cheating wives are extremely off base, unfair to the point of misogyny, and are very apparently biased by a lot of anger. His stories are frequently childishly stupid using money as the medium of revenge, in which the husband is always financially powerful and the cheating wife is always very dumb, lazy, unemployed, unemployable, and destitute. Pathetically, the mindless BTB lynch mob lap it all up without realizing that the financial situation of spouses in difficulty are frequently the reverse with the wife working multiple jobs and coming home to cook and clean for her family, while the deadbeat and lazy husband watches TV all day. No wonder why cheating wives are usually unhappy and are looking for a way out.

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 10 years ago
Well I liked it -

No surprise - I know.

@Anon just before my comment -

Easy idea -stop reading his stories and go away LOL - if everything he says and posits is wrong move on -

I like how he deals with people and ideas in the stories - I care not if the stats do not support his ideas as being the majority - you cannot say that none of his ideas can happen in real life - many do so what is he represents a fraction - small or large - fuck it -

You do not have to agree with something to have it make you think (you probably think more if you disagree)

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

What? People only read kinds of stories they know they will like in the loving wives section? Then what would all you insecure, misogynist pricks do with all the time you waste reading and commenting on cuckold stories?

RhomanovRhomanovabout 10 years ago
Screwdriver Needed

This one wasn't up to the usual readability.

Came away with the impression Dale has a screw or two loose.

Characters don't mesh well in this torrid tale.

phil2213phil2213about 10 years ago
Great story.

Usual stuff great editing...practically flawless. The characters were vivid yet typical for StangStar06. Entertaining as well; Thank you!

KarenEKarenEalmost 10 years ago
I Think He Was Too Hard On Her

The only thing she actually DID was lying about him being her first.

Should she have told him about Bryan hitting on her? Of course, but she said, "No!:" so that really shouldn't be held that strongly against her.

Was she wrong to discuss swinging with Bryan? Again, yes, but when Dale said no she dropped it, but Dale wouldn't let it go.

Then HE threw HER out, so why is she being blamed for leaving? He said he would hurt them if he saw them again.

KarenEKarenEalmost 10 years ago
Re-Reading

I have been re-reading/skimming Stang's stories in order to vote, as I neglected to the first time through, and my previous comment still stands, especially the part about her "leaving".

After she and Bryan brought up swinging and Dale refused, Alex said, "Okay, forget it," then HE threw her out. So why is everyone, including her daughter, blaming her for leaving?

JounarJounaralmost 10 years ago

I feel it was more of a case of 3 strikes and she was out deal. She lied to Dale about only being with him, she never mentioned being hit on by Bryan so destroyed his trust in her and then she disrespected him and their marriage by wanting to fuck around.

Maybe Alex could of fought for her marriage by not leaving town with Bryan but instead she picked the scumbag over her husband yet again. Just because she didn't cheat on Dale doesn't mean she didn't fuck up her marriage.

KarenEKarenEalmost 10 years ago
@Jounar

But she DIDN'T pick Bryan over her husband!

He threw her out, said that if he saw them he'd hurt them both.

I'm not saying she was perfect, but three strikes?

Not telling him he wasn't the first? I'm sorry, that's just not that big a deal. It's not like she and Dale were going steady and she cheated on him.

Not telling him about Bryan hitting on her? Again, not that big a deal, she shut him down and handled it.

Discussing their sex life with Bryan? Okay, somewhat of a bigger deal, but still, she never cheated, and when Dale said no way to swinging she said ok, forget it.

All in all, not worth throwing away a relationship over. Throw Bryan's ass out of the house and their life, for sure, but Alex definitely deserved a second chance.

KarenEKarenEalmost 10 years ago
I Hate To Be A Nag About This

It's also unfair to call three strikes when she didn't even know the count!

If he "loved" her enough to accept the lie about being her first, he should have loved her enough to forget about it. To ignore it at the time, then throw it back min her face years later is wrong.

The same with Bryan hitting on her. If he knew about it, he should have confronted her and ASKED he why she didn't tell him, instead of harboring some deep-seated mis-trust.

MAYBE if she knew how he felt about those events she might have understood him better than to even THINK about "sharing" with Bryan.

As I've said before, I realize we'd have no story if he simply explained his feelings and threw Bryan out of their lives, and reconciled, but that would have been more realistic.

JounarJounaralmost 10 years ago

Just because she didn't know she was screwing shit up, doesn't mean she wasn't.

The first two strikes for want of a better term, him being her first and Bryan hitting on her, I agree are not marriage killers on there own but when put together with Alex wanting to fuck not only another man but Bryan, which is a huge fucking deal in most marriages, add up to the death of their marriage.

It's not so much a case of Alex picking Bryan over Dale but more a case of her being selfish and wanting both of them as it suited her. In reality it was Bryan hooking up with another woman that pushed her to being with Dale and not her ever making the choice herself.

She had sex with Bryan first and then lied about it and while Dale did love her enough to get over it, the lie would, when looked back on years later goes from not being that big a deal to something I can understand Dale seeing it from a much nastier angle.

Her saying nothing about Bryan hitting on her gives the impression she did not have a problem with it and maybe even liked it. Dale mentions he had wasn't sure if they had sex or not but by not telling him, she damaged his trust and faith in her.

Alex then wanting to fuck Bryan shows she has no respect for him as her husband or their marriage and by itself is enough to cause a divorce. Putting all 3 events together are just the straw that broke the camels back and this then led to him kicking her out of his life. A marriage without trust and respect is dead in the water imho.

At the end of the day instead of sticking around and fighting for another chance she vanished for 3 years and turned into Bryan's slut. Alex wasn't a horrible person just a selfish one who made very bad choices which destroyed her marriage.

KarenEKarenEalmost 10 years ago
@Jounar

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

The fact that we seem to differ the most on is that she is being held to account for things that she never knew were being held against her, I prefer to think if she knew how Dale felt she would have acted differently.

Also, unfortunately we'll never know if she would have chosen Bryan over Dale if he had been available. Since nobody can know, it's unfair of Dale to use his own insecurity that he was second choice against her.

And it's very easy in hind sight from a distance to say she should have fought harder, but given Dale's unreasonableness and threats against them, leaving seems to me to be her only option. And since I presume she wasn't in hiding, divorce papers should have been able to be served giving her the opportunity to fight.

There have been actual cheating wives here who have been treated better!

racfguyracfguyover 9 years ago
Don't take me wrong, but...

StangStar seems to be in a rut. Several of his last few stories have a really stupid or naïve woman who fucks up her marriage, and can't understand why, some weeks/months/years later, her 'ex' who has moved on with his life, won't take her back with open arms when she reappears.

Sounds a bit like my Victoria after we separated many years ago. She kept after me for years even though I had moved forward - both physically and mentally - she chased me all the way to Chicago, but couldn't understand what the 'problem' was and why we couldn't be together. When I told her to ask Jane & Louie (her parents), she had the 'deer-in-the-headlights' look. I don't know if she ever figured it out, and no, there was no infidelity on either side. Jane just couldn't let loose the apron strings. She had run Louie first, then she ran Tori and her younger sister Tina, too. But she couldn't run me, so I got out.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Where did you get those names?

"My name is Clara Barton. I'm a nurse at the local hospital"-Nurse Clara Barton? Sheriff Johnny Walker? Is the Mayor's name Jack Daniels? Is one of Dale's friends at the car show Henry Ford? Is one of Dale's drinking buddies Bud Wiser? Is.....never mind.

jasonnhjasonnhover 9 years ago
Not really interesting

Sorry but Alex and Bryan are unrelenting morons. Bryan actually revels in his self centeredness but repeatedly saying Dale refuses to share got tedious very quickly. He is too much of a schmuck to be a good villain.

Alex is just as stupid and self centered but seems oblivious to reality. It was suggested that Alex might have acted differently if she knew what Dale expected. I disagree. Alex shows no awareness of the impact of her actions or her responsibility for them. While I agree that a person's past sex life before marriage generally shouldn't be an issue, sex with my friend, a person who will continue to be in our lives SHOULD have been disclosed. The same for Bryan hitting on her while he was staying with them. The final strike was Alex setting up swinging with Bryan without a word to Dale. Dale should have let Alex know how he felt? About what? Alex hid everything from him. He didn't know what had gone on because Alex hid it from him. He found out about all three things at once and to him it was 3 strikes. He should have told Alex off at that point to set things on a better track? Really? How would he know is anything else was going on. Alex shows an amazing ability to be amoral without guilt and also to hide things from her husband. Alex will walk the straight and narrow from now on? Not likely.

Alex's daughter recognizes that the only person Alex is concerned about is Alex. How can a person be so clueless? Since the story is focused on Alex, IMO, it isn't very interesting. She is too one dimensional.

RhomanovRhomanovabout 9 years ago
***

This one sort just limped along.

Dale was an idiot... Alex too. Annie was the only moderate interest and that character went nowhere...

Sigh.....

tazz317tazz317about 8 years ago
THEY BOTH AGREE ON OBJECTS

and not about appearance, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Wonderfully told

I don’t know why so many anonymous comments are so negative with your other stories, but I suspect it is from petty jealousy (i.e. sour grapes). Very well spun (even with the name error in the first hospital scene). I especially liked the mirror wording in the last sentence: an inspired wrap.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
@karene

She was already cheating with bryan when she suggested cheating!!!!

Karene missed when story talks about how hurt Dale was when wife left him for lover...not to mention how sexually deviant wife became

Reads like commenter has past indiscretions of her own for which she remains uforgiven!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
A great story

A great story. Nothing wrong with this one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Are all your characters this morbidly fucking stupid?

The only way that any of your stories could realistically happen is if there was an alternate universe where common sense goes to die. And everyone drives a Mustang, of course

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

She found that the grass wasn't greener on the other side and eventually found there was noway back who would want worn and damaged goods as she was.

BuckeyebobBuckeyebobalmost 6 years ago
A great story

Thanks for creating such a great love story. Loved every bit of it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Confused

Strike 1 was about her having sex before she was married to him and that she didn't tell him about something that was not his business. It's generally bad to talk about past sex exploits, I don't think that was a strike.

Strike 2 was her not telling him that she was hit on. That's reason to get pissed at his friend but not her, she did the right thing and shot him down to me this is not a strike or even something she did wrong at all.

Strike 3 was asking him to swing and he divorced her and abandoned her, that was a major over reaction on his part. The question was not appropriate at all but his response was way off the charts

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Saturday Night Life redux

This is worthy of a skit on SNL.

Don’t know how you manage to sneak in so much funny dialogue. Your one liners are so good you could get job as a comic’s jokester.

Keeping laughing at those devil’s.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Responding to the stupifyingly obtuse comment by Anonymous 11/22/18

You're "CONFUSED"??? ... I think not.

After reading your three point check off list, what I see is that you're just like the two backstabbing 'friends' and cheaters in this story. ... You and they are totally UNPRINCIPLED. You have no concept of honor so trying to explain would be like describing color to someone who's been blind since birth.

⭐⭐⭐⭐

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
name switches

I liked the story, as fanciful as it is. 4 stars, would have given it 5 if there weren't a few instances of Dale's name showing up where it should have said Bryan.

jtwheelsjtwheelsover 4 years ago
Good story enjoyed handled the situation and cheaters p

Got with better woman

No better punishment

etchiboyetchiboyabout 4 years ago
Ok, I give.

I don’t get the punch line/last sentence.

Also, if Dale had been so in love with Alex to start with, wouldn’t he have also shared the car like he has with Anne? Hmmm... maybe it’s as much his fault? He’d always been holding her off just that little teeny bit. Then Anne shows and it’s, “Let me show you how to use the clutch. Here’s the keys.”

LT56linebackerLT56linebackerover 3 years ago
Very good story...

And a GT-500 to boot. You can do no wrong StangStar06. It took long enough to get his shit together, but sometimes love gets in the way of a nice guys happiness. The Bear approves. 7 stars ( it was an '07 Muskrat, wasn't it? ) Keep writing, brother.

The BEAR

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
You understand nice guys.

Their Hope's and dreams control them, but they aren't stupid. When Brian was making a threesome, Dale knew Alex didn't love him like he wanted. That's why she couldn't drive his car. He had to keep something clean and for himself. Sometimes it takes time to overcome shear inertia.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Rear view mirror

At a car show a few years back I saw a car’s rear view mirror say “Objects in the rear view mirror don’t even matter “

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Couldn’t get past page 2, How can she be so blind and dumb to the dipshit Brian? Let hie go talk to Dale? REALLY?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Etchiboy,

Congratulations, like all fucking morons, you just managed to blame the victim for a narcissist's shitty choices. Perhaps he never let her drive his mustangs because she refused to bother learning how to drive stick, exactly the way all but one of my sisters, female friends, wife and nieces have. Only one female in my entire life has been willing to learn how to properly drive manual-transmission cars, and she only did it after I pointed out that in Europe almost all rental cars have manual-transmissions. America is the ONLY country where automatic-transmissions are more prevalent than manual ones.

brian_scoobybrian_scoobyover 2 years ago

Ok... just a little weird and hard to read... hard to get in to. Not all of your stories are gonna be winners. But, thank-you for this story

buzzsawlennybuzzsawlennyalmost 2 years ago

Why would he want his less cute, cheating, lying, ex wife who was only 3 days removed from pulling a train at a swingers club? He has a little red corvette in his garage now…move on skank

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Finest kind... a "5" !!

EastCoaster

jon991gjon991gover 1 year ago

Fantastic story, she got exactly what she deserves, 5*

xhristianjxhristianjover 1 year ago

I think what I hate about this authors MCs is they're all completely cuckolded. They're all the do anything for my wife blah blah blah 🙄 It's funny but women I know don't like Men who they can walk all over but hey maybe it's an American thing? 😂

xhristianjxhristianjover 1 year ago

Oh God that was just stupid 🙄

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

SAD.

Delusional, like some marraiges/mirages.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Another garbage story…skipped to last page…so predictable.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

another excellent story .

enjoyed every word , keep up the good work .

as usual , 5 stars

FluidswallowerFluidswallower6 months ago

Excellent tale, well-written even if somewhat predictable, like an episode of Colombo knowing the ending does not detract from the journey. Thanks form a pleasant, absorbing read.

newford9bnewford9b5 months ago

As expected from this talented author, another excellent tale of marital ups and downs.

TrainerOfBimbosTrainerOfBimbos3 months ago

This was a good story, but I felt like you did a switcharoo with Alex's personality. The remorseful and introspective person at the beginning of the story was not the woman at the end of the story and that made the final confrontation feel pretty unnatural. Also, the way you wrote the confrontation that led to the break down and how everyone seems to view it are at odds. It's pretty clear that Dale basically threw Alex out of the house even after she said she didn't want to do it. When Dale put up the relationship as a sacrifice for her stepping out with Bryan, she immediately backed off. So... did she abandon her family, or was she tossed out? I kind of lean towards the latter, but I think an argument can be made that she didn't need to leave. She could have stayed and sent Bryan away (and she probably should have). But still, her daughters anger seems misplaced as Alex could rightly point out to her that she DIDN'T want to leave and that it was Dale who severed the relationship, even after she backed down. I struggle with stories like this because you're trying to make the "cheater" seem more sympathetic, so you have to give them some rationality (which you did) but then in order to get to the "BTB" resolution, you have to kind of ignore some stuff or rewrite their character (or both) by the time you get to the conclusion. I personally feel like the story would have been more poignant if you had stuck to the Alex character from the beginning of the piece and still just had her be rejected, because that's very much true - Sometimes people who cheat are truly remorseful and want to make amends and most of the time, it doesn't work out for them. That being said, personally I would LOVE to see a story where there is an actual conversion/reformation of a cheater and having it lead to a hard fought/won reconciliation rather than just some misery porn... just for some damn variety really. Still, good story, 4 out of 5 for me.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

What a narcissistic whore, and the supposed "friend" was just a selfish, self-centered piece of shit who needed to have the shit kicked out of him when he was way younger.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous