Ogres and Ogresses Ch. 14

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

When she awoke the next morning Enui was still asleep.

She unwrapped her arms around her and placed the fur back over her. Then she stretched.

It was strange. She felt powerful today, lithe, flexible. She let out a yawn that made her eyes water then headed outside. Walking out she saw Kail. He had ash on his bare upper body and her was studying something.

"Kail?"

He whipped around to her, his gold earring twinkling in the light.

"Zyra."

Placing down what he was working on he desperately took her hand.

"Come bathe with me."

"Kail, why are you acting like I'm not coming back?"

He didn't know what to say to her. What could he say that would not frighten her? How could they have called her so soon?

"The one I knew didn't come back."

Kail tightened his grip on her hand as the truth confined her.

"Zyra I was young then. I don't know what mission they gave him, but I never saw him again. He could have been happy somewhere, but I don't know. They usually wait a year to call a fresh keromedio for assignment. It takes about that long for the magic inside you to settle."

"I'm magical?"

Kail chuckled mirthlessly. "Well, how else would you get your powers?"

Zyra shrugged. "From the markings on the tattoo?"

"Those markings signify you as keromedio," Kail said, touching the bandage. "They show you are like us."

"Like you?"

"Yes, nonhuman."

Zyra's breath caught. "You mean...I'm not human?"

"Sorry. You are less human," Kail corrected. "You gave the witches your life that day did you not?"

Zyra nodded, the memory of that horrible foam entering her mouth still fresh in her mind.

"Then that was the day that your human life ended. You will always look human, but inside you will become less and less human with time."

"...what will I become?"

"A true keromedio."

Zyra wanted to ask him what he meant, but she didn't want to hear the answer. Unfortunately time was of the essence and she had no time for self pity. She had to return.

"Come Kail. You're filthy," she chided grabbing his ear. "You need to scrubbed down."

He followed her with an impish grin.

"Yes Huntress."

By mid afternoon Zyra was ready. Ginger had given her a new hunting outfit she had been planning for her birthday. Zyra had nearly forgotten. Her birthday was directly after Nima's. She was going to miss Nima's birthday. She gave the girl her present, the doll she had carved for her and told her she would be back soon. Zyra hated that he instincts were never wrong. She tightened the strings of the close fitting tan leg pants and tightened the wraps at the top. They could stretch well and they would keep out the cold. The weather was turning. Her shirt remained the same, only that Ginger had added a hood to it should she chose to use it.

Her pack was by her feet and her weapons already in place. The village crowded around to bid her goodbye. Zyra placed the hood over her head, half listening to Gharla's protests.

"Zyra...must go with you! You cannot...alone Zyra! You take...for...with someone...with you!"

"You have been home scarcely a week," Zyra said calmly. "You will not come with me. You will stay here and look after Kyzu and the village with the others."

"Zyra...I don't care. I'm packing, I'm going with you."

"Gharla..."

"My Huntress please, don't go alone."

"You're not coming."

"I'll go."

They turned and looked at Rair. She was already dressed and packed.

"Rair?" Zyra asked in surprise.

Rair bowed her head. "Take me Huntress. Guide me so that I might understand."

Zyra picked up her pack. "What is it you wish to understand?"

"True Loyalty."

The word was said so scathingly that she could see the embers flaking off the villager's skin.

"Then come," Zyra said, unable to hide her pleased tone.

Out by the village's edge stood Kail. He would escort her to the edge of the border. In his hands she saw something peculiar.

She ushered him over and he walked towards them.

"What is that?"

"This is for you. It's the best I could do."

It was a long thing wrapped in a brown cloth. He pulled the cloth off and her eyes widened as she took in the magnificent creation. It was like a spear, but the whole of it was the spearhead. It was long and smooth like the surface of water,but it shone like gold.

"It's beautiful," she said touching its cool surface.

"It's called a sword," he grinned as he passed it to her. "This is the handle. Try it."

She held it and admired its lightweight feel.

"What must I do?"

"Pretend it's a spear."

She nodded. Wrapping both hands around it she jabbed forward. It sliced through the air with a whoosh of wind. She made quick motions to see if she could move it like a knife. She could. Turning back to Kail excitedly she saw he was smiling at her.

"What?"

"Nothing. I just...really wanted to see that."

He passed her the cloth and a belt with a loop in it. "You're a natural."

He then helped her wrap the sword up then showed her how to fasten the sword on from the back and pull it out. After, he went over to Rair and made sure her weapons were up to his standard. He added a knife and a few bows to Rair's arsenal.

The village watched quietly as he worked.

Then they were ready. Zyra kissed Ginger, Nima, and her sister. Rair didn't move. Enui walked toward the foul faced Gharla and put a hand on her shoulder.

"We will watch over everything Zyra," Enui said smiling happily. "Come back soon!"

Gharla reluctantly waved as they began to walk towards the forest. They were almost out of the sight when they heard a loud guttural shout.

"WAIT!"

Looking behind her Zyra could not believe her eyes.

A tussled shock of starlight colored hair whipped about a pale beautiful face. Shocking blue eyes fixed on Zyra's face and a pack of proportionate size was strapped to their back. Kail's key jingled around his neck.

Rell.

__________________________________________________

Notes*

Okay Good news! I am back on track!

WOO!

A super large thanks to all of your comments. They were very intuitive and indepth. Exactly what I needed. I am extremely pleased that I consulted you. Thank you for all your support (even annonymous support! Lol, I have a checklist now)

Next chapter release will be sooner than usual. Keep an eye out.

-Stubborn Dreamer