Old Dishes And Oak Cabinets

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Did your ex wife ever complain?"

"Almost constantly, but not about snoring. That's one she missed I guess."

She laughed and then said, "Take me back to the motel so we can change and go eat before I faint from hunger."

Gil was a perfect gentleman as they changed. Then as they walked the few blocks to the Ponderosa Steak House he took her hand and they walked on like a newly married couple. As they stood n line at the restaurant he told her, "Yes indeed I believe in taking my woman to the nicest places with the best food and quiet environment where we're waited on hand and foot."

"I'm so hungry I don't care if we eat in the kitchen and we have to wash dishes afterward."

"You just want to delay having to share a bedroom with me tonight."

She smiled and said, "No I'll be ready to go back after dinner. You've convinced me I'm safe."

"That you are my love."

Between bites of dinner Angie asked, "What will happen tomorrow?"

"Well the only thing I've come up with is to call my friend Jim and have him check out your place and mine. If everything looks okay we'll take a chance and go home."

"And if it isn't?"

"Good question. I'll have him come get you and I'll go in first."

"You will not. What if something happens to you?"

"That's better than having something happen to both of us."

"What if you just call the police?"

"I'm sure I will, but I'll also have my pistol ready just in case. Either way I don't want to see you in harms way."

"You don't have to prove to me that you're brave. I'd rather have you in one piece."

"Angie I'm not brave, but I've had it with these games of theirs. Before this weekend is over things will be settled one way or the other."

"Promise me you'll be careful."

"I do promise you I'll be careful. If something were to happen to me I'd miss the pleasure of your company very much."

"Gil let's not talk about this craziness for awhile. Let's just take our time walking back to the motel and pretend that we have something approaching a normal life."

As they left the restaurant she took his hand and they walked slowly as she said, "Tell me about your friend Jim."

"Jim and his wife Sandra are a great couple. Good true friends and they are fun to be with. They worry about me and won't hesitate to tell me if they think I'm going down the wrong path. I think you'd like them as much as I do."

"Do they know about me?"

"Yes they do. I'm not sure but I think I may have given them the impression that you can walk on water."

She smiled and leaned into him slightly as they strolled on. "What about Renee, does she know about me?"

"Very little. She knows how we met and that we've had coffee a few times and that you are engaged to somebody else."

"What does she think about any of that?"

"She thinks like I do, that it's too bad you're already engaged."

"Now you just made that up."

"I can show you her e-mail where she said that."

"She sounds pretty mature for her age."

"Well she certainly thinks she is, but I love her too much to be very objective about that."

Angie stopped and said, "Do you realize that we're walking down the street without a care in the world? The night is quiet and the air is warm and nobody is chasing us or shooting at us. God how I wish it would stay like this."

He looked at her and said, "I do too, just exactly like this." The he realized he was putting her in an awkward position so he started to walk with his arm around her waist and said, "It won't be long before we can just get together on Saturday morning coffee and talk about yard sales again and pretend none of this has happened."

She stopped again and said, "I don't want to pretend that none of this ever happened. Just the bad parts and always remember the good parts like tonight."

Chapter Ten

When they reached their motel room they took turns washing up and then she changed into her nightie in the bathroom while he pretended to watch television. When she came out he shut it off and tried in vain not to stare at her as she walked past him to her bed. She pulled the bedding back and slipped in and pulling the sheet up almost to her chin. "Angie may I approach?"

"She smiled and said, "Yes of course you can."

He knelt down and she turned to her side to face him as he said, "I told you when we were in the field that day that you have beautiful legs, but I have to change that. You have gorgeous legs."

Thank you."

"I'll just tell you this and then I'll get ready for bed too. With all the hell we've been through and especially you have I've been thankful that one bright light in all that gloom is that I've been able to be with you and talk to you. That you've been in my life."

She gently touched his face and said, "Thank you. If it wasn't for you I don't know what I would have done. You've worried about me, entertained me and done all that you could do to help me through this mess."

"Of course because I...well let's just say it was my map that started this whole mess in the first place."

"We don't know that though."

"That's true, but for the time being that's what I'm going with. Now I'm getting ready for bed before I break my promise and kiss you."

"Gil...," and she pulled him to her and kissed him softly. "You still haven't broken your promise."

He looked at her and touched his own lips with his tongue for one more taste of her and then said, "Thank you," and got up before he said or did something he shouldn't.

He was back about ten minutes later and made no effort to hide his near nakedness from her as he went to his bed and pulled his sheet up to his waist. "Gil thank you for getting us out of that mess safely and for keeping us safe all the way here."

"You're welcome, but we're not out of the woods yet and I'm sorry I put you in danger." Then he laughed and told her, "You were in more danger than you knew because I haven't ridden my cycle in almost five months."

She suddenly sat up forgetting to keep herself covered and the sudden move threatened to expose her breasts to his eyes as she said, "You're kidding me."

He openly studied her near slip in the soft light of their room and said, "I'm not kidding. I've been too busy to ride I guess."

"You raced through traffic weaving in and out and cutting people off and I don't know what all and now you tell me that? We could have been killed if you crashed the cycle."

"Yeah I know. That's another reason why I insisted on you wearing the leather jacket. It would have helped you with road rash had we crashed."

"So you really did see that as a possibility?"

"Very much so yes. That bike wasn't designed to be ridden the way we were riding it. It's a sport touring bike, not a high powered racing bike."

"Oh my God." She paused a second and then said, "Would you shut off the light?"

"Yes of course."

"And then come over here for a second."

He was next to her in seconds and she pulled him down and kissed him again as her hands felt his warm back. "I really do think you were a hero for me today. For you to do what you did by riding that cycle with such skill really impresses me."

"Thank you, but I won't tell you how surprised I am that I managed to pull it off. You were the perfect co rider by the way. You were perfectly still and held on tight all the way through."

"I had to because I didn't want to fall off."

"We're one hell of a team is what it comes down to and that's what will get us through all of this."

"If we ever get our normal life back it's going to seem almost boring."

"I know what you mean." Being that close to her and feeling her warmth through her thin garment was driving him crazy so he stood up and went back to his bed.

"You know what Gil? Even with the lights off I could see you in your underwear."

"I thought you could but that's okay because I saw your breasts too."

She sat up again and said, "You did not."

"Oh but I did darling."

She looked down at herself and realized he probably could see most of her breasts, but she smiled slightly and then lay back down again. "You are just too sneaky."

"And you are so sexy."

"Night love."

"Night Angie honey."

Chapter Eleven

Gil was awake first and eased into the bathroom and then came back. He was surprised to see it was past seven thirty so he quietly took his shower and then came back, carefully eased under the sheet and lay next to her. She stirred so he lay very still until she settled down again and he just looked at her. He touched her hair and held it close so he could smell it. Then very carefully he eased his arm around her and slowly let it relax so it draped over her waist. He was on his side watching her face as she stirred again and then opened her eyes. It took her a second and then she smiled and said, "Good morning."

"Morning beautiful, sleep okay?"

"That's the best I've slept in a long time." He moved closer to her and she put her arm around him as she asked him, "Did you sleep okay...wait, what are you doing in my bed?"

"Admiring you for one thing."

"How long have you been here?"

"Well all night, don't you remember asking me to join you?"

"I did not...did I?"

He smiled and said, "No you didn't. But to be technical, since I paid for the room it isn't your bed, it's my bed so it's okay if I'm lying here next to you. Now can I have permission to kiss you good morning?"

She smiled and almost whispered as she said, "Yes you may."

He pulled her closer to him and they kissed again. The first kiss that they had ever shared was a long tender one, but this one was longer and started out so very tender, but as her hands moved over his bare back and he felt her every curve and movement under the silky fabric of her garment the kiss became more urgent. They pulled and moved closer until he could feel her warm breasts against his chest and her hands moved down to his waist until she felt the elastic of his briefs. She pushed him away again but with less conviction as she told him, "My God Gil what are you doing to me? I shouldn't even be in the same motel room with you but I am. I shouldn't be wearing this thin nightie around you but I am. I sure shouldn't allow you to lie next to me when both of us are nearly naked, and my God what am I thinking when I kiss you like that?"

"I think you're over analyzing it."

"Gil honey...damn it I shouldn't even say that. Gil I'm engaged to be married."

"I know and I should be ashamed of myself, but I'm not. Am I taking advantage of you at a time when you might be feeling very vulnerable? I don't know, but I'm not going to think about that too much because I don't want to know the answer. I just know that words fail me when I try to tell you what I'm feeling right now and no it's not just passion. You make my heart dance and my world go crazy."

Before he could say more she put a finger on his lips and then kissed him before telling him, "Gil I don't know what I'm feeling. Right now I can't trust myself to make any kind of intelligent decision, but I do know that you are a wonderful guy that I can't stay away from. Remember when we were in the field and you stopped me from falling? Remember how I looked at you and started to tell you something? I was going to tell you to take me home and that I couldn't see you again because you were becoming too important for me to handle. I was afraid of you. But I just couldn't make those words come out of my mouth. I couldn't tell you that I never wanted to see you again because I wouldn't stay true to my decision. Now I have to add that I loved waking up next to you and feeling you close to me. I loved smelling your skin freshly showered and your face smoothly shaved. I loved feeling my arm around you as we kissed. Damn it Gil, please get up before I go crazy."

He got up and pulled the sheet all the way down and helped her up pulling her into his arms once more. "I have to feel you close to me once more before we leave here." She fought a valiant battle with herself, but in the end she had no choice but to kiss him once more. She was wrapped in his arms and her right hand found the elastic of his briefs again and slipped inside and felt the tight muscles of his ass under her hands and his hardness pressing against her. She quickly broke away and ran to the bathroom and slammed the door behind her. Gil just sat down on the edge of her bed and stared at nothing. He tried to focus and sort out his thoughts, but his head was spinning and all attempts at thinking straight were a waste of time. Instead he just sat there and gave his mind the freedom to go wherever it wanted to go.

About twenty minutes later she remerged with a towel wrapped around her and said, "Gil I'm sorry."

"You have nothing to be sorry about Angie. You did the right thing even though I hated your decision. I'm sorry for making all of this more difficult for you."

"No, don't think that way. I wanted to kiss you and hold you and I wanted you to hold me. Now turn your back so I can get dressed because I still won't trust myself until I have some clothes on." He turned his back and pulled his jeans on and then finished dressing too.

Their bond had been there all along, but now it was so much stronger than before. But she was still engaged to Tony and she showed no signs that would change. Was she that in love with Tony or was she confused? Was she just vulnerable as he had mentioned, or was their bond so strong that it was usurping her determination to marry Tony?

As soon as Angie was ready they walked to the restaurant for breakfast and didn't mention anything about all of the temptation they had just experienced.

Chapter Twelve

The restaurant was noisy so Angie leaned closer to Gil and said, "You're pretty quiet, you okay?"

"More or less. I'm just thinking about what we have ahead of us and that I don't want to take you home."

She tried to ignore the last part of what he said and asked, "What do you think will happen?"

"That's the problem, I don't have any idea."

"I called Tony while you were in the bathroom and finally reached him."

"How did that go?"

"He sounded indignant and was not pleased when I told him where I was and that I was with you."

"You did tell him about our close call right?"

"I did and I reminded him of that in words that left no doubt about my fear and the fact that I couldn't reach him. He told me to get home as soon as possible and he'd see to my safety."

"Can he? I mean is he somebody that can handle that?"

"I don't know, but I'd guess he probably could."

"That gives me an idea to keep you safe. Have him meet us someplace outside of town. That way you can safely transfer from the bike to his car."

"What if somebody follows him?"

"Good thought. Give me a minute to think about that."

"Gil what about...are you familiar with the rock and gravel quarry a couple miles out of town?"

"I remember that there is one but that's about all."

"It hasn't been used in a long time and Tony is working with the owners to clean it up so he can sell it."

"He's in real estate?"

"Yes, commercial mostly and seems to be doing rather well. Anyway, my idea is to meet him there. That way if anybody does follow him we'll see them well in advance."

"I've said it before, you are good."

"Thank you. We can hide as he arrives and once we can tell he's alone I can join him."

"So I will get to meet him. Okay let's do it that way. When we get to the quarry we can call him with the details." Gill tossed some ones on the table and they walked back to the motel to gather their few belongings and check out. Before they left their room she put her arms around him and said, "Gil, once things settle down a little we have to talk."

"So I will get to see you again."

"Yes," and she moved to the door to leave.

As they stuffed their meager belongings into the saddle bag Angie asked, "Do we have to wear the jackets?"

"No, the ride home will be a lot slower and safer."

"What about your gun?"

"It goes in the saddlebag but on top of everything."

They weren't on the road north more than a few minutes before she put her arms around him and leaned into him. He put his left hand on her arm and up the road they went at just below the speed limit.

Just before they reached Columbus they stopped to use the restroom and stretch their legs and she asked him, "You nervous?"

"About the bad guys?"

"Yes."

"Not much, but I am worried about how I'll handle it when you walk over to Tony and drive away with him."

"Gil I can only tell you that I'll call you and we'll see each other again. I just don't know how or when."

"I understand. Jim and Sandra warned me that this day would come and I told them that being with while I could and then hurting when you left was better than not having been with you at all."

"Had we stayed in that motel one more night I don't think either of us would have been strong enough to stay away from each other."

"I know and I wish we could have stayed there a lot longer." There was nothing more they could say so they got on the bike and headed to the rock quarry.

They were quiet as the went down the road and to the only road into the quarry pit and stopped. "Angie I'll have to take the bike up to the top and hide it."

"Why hide it?

"We don't know if we'll have company other than Tony and I'd rather not have my bike shot up and be left stranded out here. Plus there's nothing wrong with the element of surprise. Tony will know I'm with you, but if he's followed out here the bad guys might not know about me. It's all about control of the situation."

"So how do you want this to go?"

"Just like you were thinking. If he is alone and nobody has followed him you can go to him. Then I'll walk up, get on my bike and go home."

"And then what?"

"I'd rather not even go there right now. You better call him and get this going."

She saw his holstered pistol clipped to his belt and said, "I just hope you don't have to use that thing."

"That makes two of us honey."

She dialed her phone and a minute later was telling him where they were and what he was to do. She looked at Gil after closing her phone and said, "He sounded mad and thinks we're being overly cautious."

"He's not the one that was shot at or chased." Gil rode his bike to the top and then half ran and half walked back down the road and into the pit and rejoined Angie. "Got a place picked out to hide in?"

"Yes and it's big enough for both of us."

"I won't be with you. I'm going to move over to those large rocks so there is some distance between us."

"Gil I'm scared."

"I am too, but your plan is a very good one and we have all of the advantages. Unless they bring a small army our chances are very good." He kissed her lightly and said, "Now tuck yourself into your spot and I'll do the same." He found a place to hide about forty feet from her and once she saw where he was she got into her pocket amid some boulders and got as comfortable as she could.

Gil was in position, but as he sat there he realized there was a chance that Angie had unwittingly been helping the bad guys all along. If he was right, things could very easy turn sour for them in the next few minutes or so.

She waited for a few minutes and then called out, "Gil?"

"Yes."

"I just wanted to be sure you were still there."

"Honey I'm not going anywhere until this is settled."

"Wait I hear a car."

"I do to so call him and stick to your plan. Don't let emotions interfere with anything now. Stay with the plan."

She dialed Tony's number and when he answered she said, "Hi it's me. Keep going forward until I tell you to stop."

"Holy shit Angela, don't you think you're being melodramatic about this?"

"Tony for once just do as I say because if you don't I'm not coming out."