Old Score Chronicle Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"It doesn't make sense. Do you think he knows about the Achions?" Talla asked.

"Yes. He has pole to pole orbitals. It makes sense now!" Tangu chimed in. Everyone looked at him unsure what he was talking about.

"What?" Roka asked.

"There are about six carrier ships that orbit around a planet at a given time during a takeover. One will rotate around the equator of a planet, launching eight terrapods in strategic locations." Tangu said.

"We know that much..." Ohunna said.

"I've seen it in his plan books, in case a planet's inhabitants put up a good fight, he'd launch two orbital carriers around the poles of the planet, staying stationary until they launch the terrapods. I don't quite know the affect it would have, but the plan was rated high amongst his scientists." Tangu reflected.

"At the poles, this planet would pull the metal down deep into the core, freezing tectonic plate movement, temporarily. However, this planet would reboot and began terraforming itself, pushing the metal through to the surface in overwhelming amounts, eventually until the entire surface it metal. The Achions will perceive this as natural phenomena, remaining dormant while life is still wiped out from the planet. Bhalil still gets his trophy in the end." The Angel scientist clarified.

"So that's his plans for the planet, to not provoke the Achions? Maybe you were right, Roka." Talla said, not sure what the next move should be.

"So what should we do?" Roka asked. As Talla got ready to respond, a technician ran into the room with a print off. He handed it to Talla.

"You should take a looked at that." He said, standing attentively. She read it, realizing it was an intercepted cross communication between the ships in the upper atmosphere and the ships in orbit. She looked to Tangu.

"You were right. This launch, it's a test launch for a new type of terrapod. It's simply an empty casing for the new terrapod and nothing more. The next launch era will be in two months when the launch the two new terrapods at the poles." She said, skimming over the paper.

"Well, what do these new terrapods do?" Breecher asked.

"I don't know, and it's only one way to find out. I got a plan..." She responded.

<><><><>

The next day had come. The ship had landed in a small village to restock on diminishing replies. They refilled the water reserves, toiletries and rations. On the outside of the ship, on the upper hull, Roka and Breecher stood, facing the rising sun.

"You literally think this will work?" Roka asked, full of worry.

"When I feel low on energy, this is what I do. It gives me the energy necessary to ionize myself four times consecutively. It may work for you." Breecher said. Roka watched as Breecher transformed going from nine foot to fourteen feet tall and having a much more robust build. His body was now entirely blue translucent crystal. Breecher then spread his massive wings and turned his back to the sun. He then squatted.

Several minutes passed before Roka noticed that Breecher's clear wings began to glow orange. The glowing channeled through lattice veins and into his core. Not long after, his core began to glow faintly.

"Well, it's only one way to find out..." Roka said to himself as he transformed. Entering the state made his stomach jar with hunger. He fell to his hands and knees, instantly craving blood. He looked at Breecher, seeing all the energy channeling within him. He then looked up to the sun. The primitive urge to consume that energy overtook him.

He too turned his back to the sun and spread his wings. Squatting in a resting position, he began to feel his insides heat up with a warm buzzing. It was the same buzzing he felt when latching onto something living and draining its life. He looked at his wings and could see a faint glow. Looking ahead, he could see Breecher's entire body was glowing much brighter than it was minutes ago. He was absorbing a considerable amount of energy from the sun.

An hour had passed and both Breecher and Roka were now casting a blinding amount of brilliance over the land. The luminance seemed to compete with the sun. The two continued sun basking, feeling nowhere near fully charged. The two were enjoying the feast, knowing that they starved themselves for far too long. It all was made better by each other's company.