All Comments on 'Old World Magic Ch. 17'

by rhev

Sort by:
  • 22 Comments
rhevrhevover 10 years agoAuthor
There will be a break

I hope everyone has been enjoying my story and I've been trying to post a chapter every 2 weeks. However the holidays are coming and I need to build back up my buffer of chapters to feel comfortable. I wish I could write more often but real life is what it is. So I plan on taking a little more time before posting the next chapter.

However I have a fan who has actually gone back and edited and commented on all previous chapters. So I plan on going back and re-examining all previous chapters and changing and tweaking the story slightly to make it a bit more cohesive as well.

I feel like this story ends on a large cliff hanger that feels like a natural pause or stopping point for the story. There's a large culmination of several plot lines all at once, but still leaving several unresolved.

I appologize to fans who have written me and wished for me to write more often, but I hope you can bear with me for a little while so that I can get the story to a place I am happy with.

There are more adventures for Mike to come, and in the mean time, please, feel free to leave feedback and comments. I try very hard to answer them and appreciate any fan who takes the time to comment.

Cheers and happy holidays!

-Rhev

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
GOOD...GREAT..........SUPER..

LOVED YOUR STORY UPTILL NOW, BUT I DOO UNDERSTAND YOU NEED TO CHARGE YOU BATTRIES AND WILL SIT FINGERS CROSSED WAITING, HOPING INS SUSPENCE . BUT HEY ENJOY YOUR HOLIDAY AND SEE YOU 2014 .

PS. REMEMBER TO CARRY A NOTE BOOK FOR WHEN INSPIRATION HITS..

KFyre7KFyre7over 10 years ago
argh

Cliffhanger aaaaahhhhhhh!?!?!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Great Story!

I just wanted to chime in and say, I think this is a great story. While I'm disappointed about the break in chapters, I certainly understand the need for a break. Enjoy the holidays, and know I for one am looking forward to seeing this story continue!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Fantastic

Love the series

Yup would also like you to write more, but its understandable you may not be able to atm, thanks for letting us now why =)

looking forward to going back and re-reading the chapters you update =D

thanks for sharing <3

NW_bi_boyNW_bi_boyover 10 years ago
Love it

Have enjoyed each and every installment...

These long ones always scare me a bit because of having gotten invested in some stories where the author just disappears and never finishes <eek>.

Each time I get online to read, yours is one of the profiles I always look at, hoping... hoping... hoping for another submission :)

DenkkarDenkkarover 10 years ago
LOL

What a brutal cliff hanger. Great chapter though, looking forward to more.

Random thought: I was convinced Henri was a robot. A djin wish is far more plausible :)

cittrancittranover 10 years ago
Shit's hit the fan

And now we're going somewhere...

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Thank you for your words

First, thanks for the excellent story. I read it all in less than 2 days, lost sleep and was late for work. WORTH IT! Second, thanks for updating your readers about the hiatus over the holidays. It really means a lot to us to know whats going on. Third, I would like to thank you in advance for eventually finishing this story. Please take the time you need and keep writing at the pace you feel is right. That being said, I would like to offer one suggestion for future material in this story. A mage with power over elements. I just finished watching Avatar: the last air bender the TV animated series and the follow up show Legend of Korra and the water bending, fire bending, earth bending and air bending (fire benders also can learn to shoot lightening after figuring out how to seperate the negative and positive chi in the atmosphere) were visually stimulating. While these powers and the various kung fu styles they use while wielding these "gifts" might not fit into the world you have made or the story you are trying to weave, I felt inclined to mention it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Greatness

Thanks so much for all your stories! And for writing me back! It's like I've corresponded with a celebrity!

Wife and I are loving the series,

John and Jane Dough

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Great story

I have to say this one of the best stories I've read on this site. I read all the chapters to this point, over the weekend, in one non-stop marathon. You've meshed all the drama, sex, adventure, romance, and others aspects of a great fantasy, into such a riveting story. This story has so much potential and I look forward to the coming chapters. Keep up the good work and keep those creative juices flowing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Idea and concerns

Concerns:

1)First of all I'm really glad you didn't put mike in the trans sex scene( that thankfully you didn't write it either apposed to Joe Brolly) and that you manged to keep more guys from getting into the story and spoiling all the fun. So I'm worried you might do just that.

2) Secondly I'm worried about the luck mage ripping mike off because I don't really think she and mike have the chemistry.

3) I'm glad you didn't make mike almighty and all (for a lack of a better word)

" alpha-ey" like the main character of fate of terra where he turns monstrous, irrational, corrupted and uptight. So please keep mike the fun loving, ass fucking, kind and smart protagonist he is.

Suggestions:

1)I have a pretty awesome idea to where this can lead to. When mike's secret is out (the archmage thing), you can have him being chased by the silence. Than as he's about to be nullified or something by the soldiers of the silence you can make Merlin his mentor.

2) Another one is where mike fakes his death after the endless pursuit of the silence and trains (and fucks) somewhere far away.(Himalayas maybe?). You know, like a hidden Mage (or archmage) facility located in a place like the temple in the ending of that movie where there's 4 high school friends who get telekinetic powers after touching the alien artifact.

3) He could also end up projecting himself in the past where he meets merlin or something.

4) He's part of some fucked up prophecy like in Percy Jackson:Sea of monsters.

5) Or mike's mentor comes to pay him a visit and when the mentor try to kill mike, he shoots a giant fire ball or something of that sort.

My ideas might be stupid and sort of far fetched but feel free to pluck anything from this of your having a writer's block.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

I'd just like to say that the story is pretty good, wish there were more to read (realizing good writing can't be rushed....I still wish there were more now). And I thought the other guy's suggestions are horrible. (At least, I didn't think they were great. But then again, I didn't think that Fate of Terra turned the guy into spawn of the devil like he apparently thinks. Not exactly the best of fellows, but not as terrible as he makes him out to be.)

I'd like to know why Adam is so stupid, though. Seriously. It's on the Evil Overlord list and all. If you think something currently under your control can/is/will be more powerful than you, you NEVER make it hate you. Make it like you so that if it is no longer under your thumb, it doesn't want to come after you. It just seems to be common sense to me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
waiting

Awesome series can not wait for the next part

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
You suspense monger!

This is a great and through novel length tale. I really enjoyed you attention to magic mechanics. Additionally your vivid imagery is some of the best I have come across in literotica. I especially liked that one chapter you had to revise for approval several times. If I could offer one point of opportunity for your writing it would be to bring the environment your characters are acting into a more prominent focus once in a while so the reader can have some time to breath.

ErebusAnankeErebusAnankeover 10 years ago
More

Please continue at your earliest convenience, I can't wait to find out what happens next.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Great story

I'm on the edge of my seat! Can't wait for the next installment!!!

rhevrhevover 10 years agoAuthor
New chapter next month

Hello everyone, I felt like it was time for an update. Thank you all for being patient waiting for the next chapter. I've been dealing with some personal stuff that has kept me from the keys, but I want to let you know I should have chapter 18 done by the end of the month, and that means a new chapter should be up by the first week of February.

Thank you all for waiting patiently, and thank you all for the feedback both on the stories, and in my email. Thanks too for the 5 star votes :)

I promise I haven't disappeared and there is much more to Mike's tale yet to come.

-Rhev

Red_JakalRed_Jakalover 10 years ago
Greatly enjoying this series

Cannot wait to read more.

NW_bi_boyNW_bi_boyover 10 years ago
Can't wait... but I will ;)

@rhev, great to hear from you and will anxiously await the next installment! However much I long to read more, real life is definitely more important and I hope things are going well for you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
awesome

awesome story and thanks for the updates

rhevrhevover 10 years agoAuthor
Ch 18 incoming

So I've just submitted chapter 18 for literotica approval. Should be up by monday the 4th. It's a little bit light on the sex as there's a lot of setup plot, but for those of you disappointed in that, you'll really like chapter 19. Which I'm going to try to get up no later than the end of feb. I'd like to thank everyone for all the great feedback during my hiatus and the upvotes. You all have no idea how much they meant to me during a tough period in my life.

I really hope you all will continue to enjoy Mike's story, and the twists and turns, as well as the sexy time, that lay ahead!

-Rhev

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous