On Another World Ch. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Lot-tah stepped up to my side. "Do not concern thyself too much, M'lord. She will be fine. Of course, she may be disappointed, but not as much as thou thinkest. Qij-jah is very happy for you. Dost thou not recall when her and her sister happily trying to arrange thy wedding to Verella? She knew even then, that her sexual role in your life would be greatly diminished. Come what may, she will always remain faithful and true to thee. Even if thou hadst dozens of wives."

I considered Lot-tah's words. She was right, of course. Qij-jah was my first lover on this world. She had been in training to specifically to serve me, even before I had been born on Earth. Yet, due to our bond, I knew that I could count on her completely. I also knew that she would be totally devoted to me for the rest of her life. I still felt as though I'd let her down. It was almost like cheating on a girlfriend on my home world, Earth. I had done some of that in my late teens and early twenties so many years ago...and light-years away. But as I got older, I wised up and finally quit that. I'd been on this; my new home world for a few months now and still had not gotten my mind wrapped completely around the idea of several women so openly and willingly sharing me. No doubt, if I'd been brought here when I was still in my youth, I'd been happier than the proverbial pig in shit. But...there are a hand-full of men, albeit a small hand-full perhaps, that eventually settle down, as they get older...I digress.

There was no doubt that Seq-qah, Qij-jah and Qa-teela were completely faithful to me...as were Noj-jah and Ayl-lah. And to a lesser degree, so were Zeq-qah and Zog-gah. I mentally shrugged and brought my mind back to things that were more important.

I went to the door and found the ever-present guards on duty there. "Find Major Kôjar and have him report to me." I ordered.

"Yes, M'lord!" One said and sprinted away.

I resumed my conversation with Lot-tah about the wedding...or life-joining as it would be referred to at the temple.

A short time later, Kôjar arrived. "M'lord?" He asked. "How may I be of service?"

I told him exactly what I wanted...and gave him some specific instructions. His smiled broadened as I spoke. "It will be a true pleasure, M'lord!" Then he turned and rushed out.

Lot-tah and I were about to resume our little chat when Seq-qah and Qa-teela returned. They walked straight to us and Seq-qah introduced Qa-teela to Lot-tah. "M'lady, this is Qa-teela, the Master's newest girl."

Qa-teela bowed gracefully. "M'lady."

"Welcome, child. It is my wish that you be happy and serve your new master well."

"That is my only wish, M'lady."

Once again, the difference in her skin coloring seemed to go completely unnoticed...even by Lot-tah.

Lot-tah turned to me. "Lovely, is she not?"

"Quite." I said with a mental roll of my eyes. Okay, I give up. I thought. Then Seq-qah and Qa-teela enveloped me in a small group hug. Seq-qah's next words were all but expected. "Master, I beg thee to take mine sister and me to thy bed."

"Perhaps later," I told her. I felt mild disappointment emanating from both of them.

"It shall be as thou wishes, Master." They spoke as one.

We spent the rest of the morning moving into smaller, more austere quarters. I was growing tired of being unnecessarily treated like royalty from my own point of view. During my career in the Marine Corps, I was only an enlisted man and preferred simpler things. Even my quarters back in Tertapolis were much more elaborate than anything I would have chosen myself. I was pleased that my new rooms were closer to where I needed to be if Gateway were to come under attack.

I was sitting down to my noon meal, when a voice I recognized right away echoed in my head. Master? 'Tis I, Noj-jah.... I have something to report...grave news!

Proceed with your report.

Kahn has met what I believe to be a large part of his army. Tens upon tens of thousands. I regret that I cannot give thee an exact number yet. I fear they may be heading thy way.

Can you estimate when they might get here? I asked.

Perhaps twenty days...I think more though. And, I have been separated from Ayl-lah. Su'ak has taken all his slaves and continued west to Zoqeland. I can only pray that she will be okay.

I paused a moment and then asked. And you? You are well?

I am, Master. Kahn treats me actually rather kindly...better than I had expected or hoped for. It is possible that he may have some feelings for me.

Let me know if and when he starts moving east.

Yes, Master. And remember that I remain devoted to thee and only to thee. And then she went silent.

Seq-qah looked at me. "I am worried about her, Master." I had forgotten that she was able to also hear Noj-jah's telepathic communication.

"Yeah, me too."

I raised my voice. "Guard!"

Barely a second had passed when the door opened and a guard entered. "M'lord?"

"Tell General Guerrae that I wish to see him at his earliest convenience."

"At once, M'lord." He responded, before He turning and rushing back out.

I spent most of the afternoon working on the bane of every military leader on any world from the beginning of time...paperwork. I probably hated administrative duties no more or no less than any man ever has. It is, as always, a necessary evil. The only good that came of this, for me, was becoming more familiar with the army I commanded. There were two divisions in Gateway, along with the city garrison, totaling just under 30,000 soldiers. The city garrison, unlike the regular army, which is three quarters male, fell more in line with Terrania's population...it being over 85% female, most of them Qoo-jan. Even the garrison commander was a Qoo-jan woman. From what I read, she was a more than capable leader. Her name was Tiq-qah. I remembered my own Tiq-qah with fond sadness. Tiq-qah, it seems, is not a terribly uncommon name among the Qoo-jan.

As I continued to read through the reports, there came a knock at the door. It opened and a short distinguished man entered with a lovely Qoo-jan warrior. One of my guards also came in and announced my visitors. "First General Guerrae and Major Tiq-qah, M'lord."

Both marched straight to my desk and saluted me. General Guerrae was as previously mentioned a short man, no more than five and a half feet in height. Built like a fireplug with thick, very powerful looking arms. His hair was blonde turning grey. His green eyes twinkled. "General Guerrae presenting as commanded, M'lord." He looked at his companion.

"Major Tiq-qah, daughter of Pyq-qoh and Boz-zah, M'lord." The full introduction, including both her parents' names was no doubt due to the fact she had been most likely briefed on the girl I had lost some weeks past. She appeared to be as tall as the general, or maybe a wee bit taller. As I had grown accustomed to, she was quite lovely. Her side-less tunic was a very light tan in color. It reminded me of coffee with a little too much cream added to it. It contrasted nicely with her blacker than black skin. The tunic was trimmed in dark brown. Her rank insignia was gold. I noted a refreshing change. There was no fear emanating from her at all.

"Stand easy." I said to them.

Guerrae said. "I have just learned from the silent service, that Kahn has joined a portion of his army at least two weeks journey west of here. It is thought that he has well over fifty thousand men with him now."

"Hmmm, that confirms what my source has reported. I think it likely that he is ready to resume his campaign." I guessed.

"May I ask about thy source?" Tiq-qah asked.

"Not at this time. Suffice it to say that I'm getting help, albeit indirectly from the Grey Ones."

Tiq-qah was not fully pleased with my answer, but did not press the issue. "Yes, M'lord."

"Major, when I can fill you in without risking my source's life, I will tell you all." While as the commander of all the army, I did not need to explain myself, but I was still in the non-commissioned officer frame of mind from my USMC days and knew the more information I could put out, the better.

"It shall be as thou sayest, M'lord." The major said, this time with the slightest hint of a smile.

"I expect that they will come east, stopping on the far side of Dark Swamp in about two weeks." Guerrae said.

"Yes, they will need to build siege engines." I agreed. Almost all of the land north of Edisnaeco and west of Dark Swamp was thickly wooded. If warfare worked the same here as it did on medieval Earth, there was no way to attack Gateway without siege engines. It made me truly sick at heart to think of the massive deforestation that would take place to accomplish the next phase of Kahn's mission of world conquest.

Tiq-qah came close to my side, "What troubles thee, M'lord."

"A lot troubles me right now." Was the only response I could muster.

She looked straight into my eyes. "Thou shouldst know...Tiq-qah; the slave of Verella was mine cousin, M'lord. I too, wish to avenge her death."

I returned her gaze. "Those who were directly the cause of her death have already been killed. I believe though, that Kahn actually gave the order."

"As do I, M'lord." I could feel her anger and hatred of Kahn.

"I've sent word, M'lord. Three more divisions are being summoned to join us here. Regrettably, it will take at least a cyclo for them to arrive...maybe two." General Guerrae said, getting back to the business at hand.

"And I shall call up the reserves. That will give us nearly a thousand more troops." Tiq-qah said, resuming her position.

We were interrupted by a messenger. Guerrae read the note getting angrier by the second. "Damn! Khan's engineers are at the swamp already!"

I stood. "You both know your jobs...I suggest you get to them." They saluted, did an about face and left without another word.

I had a quiet supper with Seq-qah and went to bed early, thoughts of my upcoming nuptials racing through my find

As I lay in bed, thinking of my plans for the next day, Seq-qah crawled in next to me, followed a moment later by Qa-teela. Why is she here? I asked Seq-qah silently, not wanting to hurt Qa-teela's feelings.

Because I love thee, Master.

You bring her to our bed because you love me? The women on my home world would hate you and say you're crazy.

We are not on thy home world, Master.

You need to be sure to get plenty of sleep tonight. You're going to be rather busy tomorrow.

She looked at me momentarily confused. "Busy Master? Doing what?"

"Becoming my first wife...." I said, grinning. "That is, of course unless you'd rather not."

A brief open-mouthed gaping stare, then in what couldn't be more than a nano-second or two, she had her arms around me and her lips pressed to mine so hard, it actually hurt, a little.

Since her lips were rather busy, she told me in my mind. Oh, Master! Master! Master! I love thee, Master!

A second later, we were joined by Qa-teela. "May Kriegor bless thee, Master!"

Over the next couple of hours, Seq-qah and Qa-teela seemed determined to wear their master out...completely.

********************

I woke the next morning feeling both exhausted and relaxed like never before. The girls took me to be bathed and shaved. Today being Seq-qah's wedding day, and mine, no sexual advances were made during my bath.

After I was dressed and had my breakfast, Kôjar entered and brought me a box. "All has been done as per your instructions." He opened the box and showed me the rings I had had made. The ring for Seq-qah was made of gold and had my crest on it. The larger ring, the one for me was also gold. The crest upon it was the same as mine, but had a white ring around the crest and a black ring just outside the white one. "Upon the completion of the life-joining ceremony...." He said, using the Qoo-jan term. "...This becomes her crest." He smiled at me. "You will be the first...but not the last."

"The rings are perfect!" I told him and then looked at him. "You're considering marriage?" I asked.

"Yes M'lord. She is Qoo-jan. I just lacked the courage to be the first."

I laughed. He'd faced several assassins without fear, was willing to lay down his life for me, but this?

"According to legend, it has been done before. There never has been a law prohibiting it."

"That may be true, M'lord. I simply did not have courage to act on my feelings until you told me you were joining with Seq-qah."

I grinned. "Have you asked her yet?"

"No, M'lord. She is back in Tertapolis. When we get there, I will ask her."

"Knowing Qoo-jans as I do, I think it unlikely that she would say no." I laughed.

"Like many of the women of our own race, she was always quite good at dropping the occasional hint...though she has never had any real hope. When she hears of you and Seq-qah, the hints will almost certainly resume in earnest. The major said, chuckling.

"Are you sure about it?"

He nodded thoughtfully. "Yes, I have loved her for a very long time."

"I want to meet this girl first." I said in mock seriousness.

He grinned. "It shall be as you wish, M'lord."

Seq-qah, Qij-jah and Qa-teela entered the room. Seq-qah looked at me hopefully, but said nothing. It was time.

********************

Upon arriving at the temple to the Qoo-jan goddess, Kriegor, I turned to Seq-qah. "Last chance to change your mind." I told her jokingly.

"Never, Master." She said, seemingly about to burst with happiness. She began fumbling with the sash of her outfit. She nodded to me. "Master, clothing of any kind is forbidden inside." I reluctantly began removing my clothing. I had half expected it, but hoped everyone would forget. A short moment later, we were both naked. She kissed me. "I am ready, Master."

Kôjar, Qij-jah and all the others would have to wait outside. Only Seq-qah and I would be allowed to enter for the life-joining ceremony.

We entered the temple and I immediately liked what I saw within. Though the outside walls were the same dark, almost black, grey as the city/wall, inside, nearly everything was white. There were many tall columns like those that one would see in the temples of ancient Greece or Rome. Each with Ionic capitals and bases trimmed in gold and obsidian. The light seemed to come from the ceiling itself. It was as bright as daylight inside. In the center was a life-sized statue of a Qoo-jan woman in full color. I had expected a gigantic statue of Kriegor, but it was not so. Kriegor's statue wore a gold headdress that was more plain and simple than I had expected. It was part helmet, part tiara. Unsurprisingly the statue was nude excepting a belt about her waist that bore two golden kattari. Its white hair appeared to be real and even stirred with the light breeze blowing through the temple. The detail on her was nothing less than astonishing. Even the black/gold eyes looked real. I half expected her to come to life and welcome me to her house of worship. The statue stood straight and tall facing the entrance, with its arms out as if bidding visitors welcome.

The alter the statue stood upon had steps all the way around it. One could have easily climbed the steps and touched their goddess. In front of the alter, was a long low table. Behind that, was the priestess. She wore a headdress identical to the statue's, but was completely nude, wearing no belt nor carrying any weapons. She smiled kindly and bowed. "I am Aaz-zah, head priestess to the goddess of love and protection, Kriegor. I welcome thee to the house of Kriegor. Thou art here for the life-joining?"

"I am." Was my short, simple reply. "We are...." I corrected taking Seq-qah's hand.

The priestess suddenly appeared confused. She looked at Seq-qah and then me. "The two of thee?" She seemed bewildered. "This has not been done before...art thou sure?"

"You are refusing?" I snapped at her, sounding much angrier than I actually was.

She went to one knee before me. "Forgive me, my Lord. I will be happy to join thee and thy woman. Thou hast caught me unprepared. In truth, this pleases me more than I can put into mere words. It is only because I never expected this day to come, that I seemed hesitant." She looked again at Seq-qah. "I envy thee, dear sister."

"Shall we proceed?" I asked impatiently.

"By all means, my Lord." The priestess answered.

Thank goodness, that Lot-tah had told me what to do and to expect. I followed the lead as all dropped to a knee for the prayer to open the ceremony. Another priestess appeared as if by magic, carrying a large goblet filled with a golden liquid, set it on the table, and then slipped away just as quietly and quickly she came.

Aaz-zah began softly, but loud enough to be heard by all. "Oh great Kriegor. We ask you to bless this man and this woman who come before you to be forever joined as one. Lord Dee-Ess and Seq-qah have come to thee..." She froze starring at her goddess. I looked up at her life-like eyes and they blinked! Seq-qah sucked in a quick breath, but said nothing. I could feel that she was torn between happiness and terror.

Then, the statue looked down at me and smiled. I gawked and slowly stood. Kriegor then smiled at the Aaz-zah.

"I have heard thy prayer, child." Kriegor's voice was soft and soothing. Her eyes turned back to me. "And I have felt thy heart, M'lord.

"You need not address me thusly, Kriegor." I said respectfully. Just moments ago, I had joked to myself that she looked real enough to come to life...now here she was, speaking to me!

"Art thou not the One?" She asked, obviously knowing the answer to her own question. She came down the steps of the alter.

I nodded, saying nothing.

She smiled and then looked at Seq-qah. "The legends thou hast known, are more than just legends...they are a part of thy history, child. Thou art not truly the first, but thou art the first in a very, very long time."

She walked slowly to Seq-qah, then lightly grasped her shoulders and brought their foreheads together. They remained motionless for a time. Then Seq-qah began nodding. "Of course Great Mistress, it shall be as thou wishes. I pledge it with mine life."

"And I shall keep my promise as well, child." She kissed Seq-qah tenderly on the lips and approached me. She placed a hand on my chest over my heart. "And thou...." She gave a warm dazzling smile that could not be described with any words...in any language that I knew of. "That this was thine own idea; to take a Qoo-jan to be thy wife and give her new life within her pleases me more than I shall ever be able to say. I bless thee, M'lord Dee-Ess. Thou art now the father of a whole new race of people." She said and then put her free hand on Seq-qah's belly. "Thy daughters will be more important than either of thee can knowest." She told both of us.

She turned and walked to the table. She smiled, then spoke to the priestess. "Proceed, my child."

"Of course, Goddess." The young woman said with a bright smile upon her lips.

Seq-qah and I went to the table and turned our attention to Aaz-zah.

Aaz-zah looked at Seq-qah. "Tell me Seq-qah, what dost thou wish, child?"

"I wish to be joined in life to this man...." She indicated me. "It is mine wish to spend the rest of mine life with him. To bear his children. To keep is home happy and safe. To be his partner, friend and lover. To share mine life with him until that life leaves this body."

Then to me, Aaz-zah asked. "And thee, Lord Dee-Ess, what is thy wish?"

I looked at Seq-qah. "I wish to be joined in life to this woman. It is my deepest wish to spend the rest of my life with her. To give her children as she wishes. To provided a home to keep her and our children safe. To be her partner, friend and lover. To share my life with her until my death."