All Comments on 'Once Upon a War Ch. 01'

by GhostHunterDude

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Great and realistic begininng

Loved this chapter one of the story. As a 24 year veteran of the US Air Force I can vouch for the reality of the situation. This story is as real as it gets.

To the anonymous commenter who said that the writer just got lazy and quit writing... I say try writing something substantial yourself and give the guy a break. It is labeled Ch. 01 as a major hint that more is coming our way.

This also is some decent storytelling. Let the guy tell the story without trying to lynch him for goodness sakes.

GhostHunterDudeGhostHunterDudeabout 10 years agoAuthor
Patience

I've submitted chapters 1 through 5 and they will be along as soon as they have been vetted. There was some confusion in Chapter 5 in that I had let an underage character have sex relations, but that wasn't the case and I've re-submitted it. I am currently working on chapter 6, trying to work towards my goal of getting Nick into Iraq and Afghanistan. When the story is over, there will be no doubt in anyone's mind.

gemman1gemman1about 10 years ago
Good Job and enjoyable so Far

I have really enjoyed the story so far and will wait for the rest when I comes in.

As a Navy Vet, I too know the joys of deploying and leaving Loved ones behind...as well as finding new loved ones in new ports...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Love It.

Awesome So Far. Hope there will be many for chapters.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
good job

have really enjoyed it so far, especially all the military side of things, keep us the high std

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Believable and interesting!

Just started reading this story. The first chapter brings back lots of memories of my enlistment in '61. So many similarities with my experiences. All the folks I worked with at my first duty station were great, but I am especially thankful to my first boss, SSgt Charles Barker for helping that younger me grow into a useful adult and to him and his lovely wife for helping me to survive being away from home and on my own for the first time.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Fabulous start.

This could be a cracker of a tale, the start was excellent

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous