All Comments on 'Once Upon a War Ch. 02'

by GhostHunterDude

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
He,s a coward

He's gutless. Wife should meet him when he got home showing off her new BBC friend.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Good read

Nice to read a story about the biggest part of any war, support. Boredom and incompetence are what most servicemen have to deal with. Not everyone can be Rambo.

LickideesplitLickideesplitabout 10 years ago
Think military!

GHDude ... you have a mission. Is it to provide a primer on USAF and the Medical aspect thereof? Or is it to present a story of the relationship between a Sweetie (usually who has strayed, like Barb) and her Hubby, probably including significant detail about her Other Relationship with Her Bull? I would guess ... The Latter! Otherwise, this tale would have been submitted to Stars and Stripes!

Given THAT, enough of the other 'stuff' (which supports the story, like explaining the secure trysting room, and how it came to exist - and the excrement-fertilizer playing field alternative) to be interesting and establish the author's bona fides should be presented, BUT NO MORE than that! Remember your MISSION!

Enjoyed it, especially having been in the USAF and Dhahran (not at the same time) and the sex scenes were nicely done!

3*

GhostHunterDudeGhostHunterDudeabout 10 years agoAuthor
True Story

Chapters 1 through 4 are based on true events. I appreciate the comments. For the individual that thought Nick was a snake, then the majority of military people are snakes then. Trysts happened all the time while TDY and during deployment. ----

I realized that Nick's time in the Gulf War was pretty, for a lack of another word, boring. That's how it was -- now imagine 7 months worth. Did that mean Nick contributed to the war any less than others, I say no. Nick did his part, keeping pilots in airplanes. What happened to Nick in the gulf is almost 100% accurate (Including the incident with the auto injector on the Helicopter). Nick was a combination of several real people.

Nick did his job to making sure the pilots could do theirs, who in turn made sure you ground guys could do yours. I have nothing but admiration for the ground pounders, but a simple truth is, without dominating in the air, you lose.

Later in the series, provided I don't get booed off the stage, you will find out why I chose a Aeromedical Tech as my main character.

GhostHunterDudeGhostHunterDudeabout 10 years agoAuthor
Heroes

Just a side note: The 4th Fighter Squadron, one of two units deployed from Hill AFB, was lauded by Stormin' Norman as being 1 of just a couple air units that were being effective after the first couple days of the war. They earned the name 'Killer Scouts' from the general and went along way in making sure the Army didn't have a lot of Republican Guard resistance. They hunted scud missiles and entrenched tanks with a large pair of binoculars in their cockpit. Then they would roll in with a 500lb bomb to blow the sand away and mark the target, so an A-10, Apache, or an AC-130 could finish it off. Iraqi sand did wonders absorbing the effects of a bomb, and most of the bombs used during the air campaign weren't smart. The 4th received an Outstanding Unit Award with a 'V' for Valor which I was happy to add to my fruit salad (ask a vet).

26thNC26thNCover 2 years ago

Don’t try to cover the majority of military with your “true” tar brush. Just a cheating Air Farce bastard.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Shaw AFB is in Sumter, SC. Not North Carolina

shadowjack17shadowjack177 months ago

Not to sound elitist, but all the rumors about the Air Force are mostly true. I was a medic in the Regiment, so the having to run a mile with a 25 pound aid bag is not making me sympathetic to your strenuous efforts. And I agree, MOST soldiers are able to "keep it in your pants" but yes there are a few like the MC out there.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Could not get pass the first page, he was bored on the plane I was bored reading the first page.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Terri had Jody. Serves him right

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I served in the gulf I DID NOT CHEAT!!! Don't paint us all with your shit brush. Nick is lower that a snake

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous