All Comments on 'Open Sores'

by Penelope Street

Sort by:
  • 40 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
What a beautiful story

about a difficult subject, yet it was lovingly told. You have an intensity in your writing that is very welcome. Well done and Thank You. Ronnie W.

saw_man1saw_man1over 18 years ago
Well told

You have taken a seldom discussed disease and presented it with honesty and grace. Love can indeed conquer all. Thanks for reminding us.

patricia51patricia51over 18 years ago
Absolutely Wonderful

Penny, I wanted to rush through till the ending, but I couldn't. I had to savor every line. What a warm, loving and yes, sexy story. No massively hung studs, no blondes with huge boobs; two ordinary people coming to grips with love and trust. I think a tear just hit my keyboard and yes, it is one of joy.

Patti

rgraham666rgraham666over 18 years ago
So very sweet

You've presented the characters with a difficult emotional problem and solved it wonderfully.

Such a sweet and warm story.

Well done.

thebulletthebulletover 18 years ago
Moving

This story was unique - truly excellent. It told a story probably much more real than most on this website - one of ordinary people dealing with reality in this modern world.

And yet the moral remains the same - love conquers all.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
well done!!

only a person of the highest integrity could have written this ...well done!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Combines the best of pain and joy!

Well written, but that's beside the point - it's what was written!

Full of real feelings across a spectrum of emotions, with somewhat of a morality tale thrown in.

Keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Uncommonly Good

On a scale of "1 to 5", this story ranks about "14".

I don't often wander into the "Romance" category, because it seems that most of the stories are too long and too predictable. This work is certainly neither. This is superb writing; keep up the good work.

-- KVK

maggot420maggot420over 18 years ago
Incredible

I read this story entirely on the advise of rgraham666.

Wow do I owe him a big thanks. Amazingly beautfully written piece of literature. You have a new fan.

Luna_Wolf72Luna_Wolf72over 18 years ago
Beautifully done

Your story brought tears to my eyes. It was so moving and so real that I did not want it to end. Thank you for writing such a great piece.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Fantastic.

When a writer can bring tears to my cheeks as a male, I must say fantastic. Beautifully done. Very realistic and moving.

R-GR-Gover 18 years ago
Hope

Penelope, very well written! Please continue.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Loved it...

This was a wonderful story and more than once brought tears to my eyes. Thanks for writing such a moving and a true reality story. I enjoyed it immensely.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
WOW

I truly loved this story as I am normally not one to go into the romance section when I read the title something drew me to read it. As a single mom who was also given that pain & unwanted gift from a person who supposedly cared I wanted to say THANK YOU FOR GIVING ME HOPE.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Excellent story

More stories such as this will start giving the Romance category a good reputation. It actually began and ended instead of being broken up into 27 five paragraph chapters posted ove two months. Bravo!

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Deeply Touching & Well Writen

On sensitive and difficult subject - Thanks for giving both the subject exposure and what might happen if the right person loves you with all your worts!

Nice work Author - with high Regard

jfinnjfinnover 18 years ago
A lovely story

Wish I could have given you a six for this. Excellently done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Penny, I didn't think you could do it.....

but you have. You have exceeded yourself again! I breathlessly await your next story...anxious because it seems that you can't continue to make each creation a masterpiece but you do. LOL,Dave

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Agreed

Ms. Penelope Street's one of the few excellent Literotica writers to have shown up in this past year.

She could even make incest --- Family Jewels? --- sexy, romantic, light-hearted, touchy, and almost (but not quite) tragic possible (sorry, weird phrasing there; you can see I'm no ole Willy but just some bitchy reader ;o)!

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Another Winner

Very well done, as usual. Congratulations on a great story.

AliyahlovinsexAliyahlovinsexover 18 years ago
Wow

This story shows true love. I can hardly imagine someone loving another so much that they would be willing to share a STD with them. Great plot and fantastic story. I could barely breathe the whole time while reading :)

SeaCatSeaCatover 18 years ago
Blown away

This story is absolutley incredible. It makes my wiriting seem pale in comparison.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Wow

I found this link because Rob posted it in the AH forum. It was an amazingly touching story and I am glad that you shared it with all of us.

Always, E

damppantiesdamppantiesover 18 years ago
Beautiful

...the head and the heart agree. So true! This is a wonderful story.

I thank Rob for posting this in the AH.

arienettearienetteabout 18 years ago
Absolutely Fabulous

This was definately one of the best stories I have read, not just at Lit, but on it's own. The subject of it is absolutely amazing and something that is avoided in stories, not to mention relationships themselves. Thank you for writing this, I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Bedtime StorytellerBedtime Storytellerabout 18 years ago
WOW

Very well-written. Definitely one of the better authors to appear here at Lit in a very long time.

angelicminxangelicminxalmost 18 years ago
OMG, Penny!

Phenomenal story! This is how I feel about my SO, and he shows me every day he feels the same way. You touched my heart, you made me cry. You really are an exceptional writer. Words just can't express how I feel. Wonderful, wonderful job. ~Minx

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Two of the Best on Lit

I happened to find your story 'The Right Side of the Hill' about a fortnight ago and have been returning to your stories at intervals.

I can't get over how you're able to write two so different stories as that and 'Open Sores'. Yet both of them are full of insight into the feelings of the characters and the story evolves at a natural pace - they're precisely the right lenght.

You touched my heart - no, you blew my mind away and brought tears to the eyes of this 60 year old male.

I agree with one of the other commentators - 5 is not enough, 14 sounds about right! I only hope to find other writers in your class, so that I don't finish reading the rest of your stories too quickly.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Damn you, Penny

I just re-read 'Open Sores' and it STILL brings tear to my eyes, just like it did the first time I read it.

ReadsalotReadsalotalmost 16 years ago
I love the details...

... in this story, particularly of the locations of their early dates. You see, I've been to Assiniboine Park and Fort Garry, along with many other sites in that area. I have many fond memories of those visits. Your attention to detail just adds to my enjoyment of a great story.

Take care.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Superb!

On a site that focuses on sex (by design) you have focused our attention on the kind of love that makes real sex possible. Thank you for a well thought out, well written story. It is one that I will share with my daughter before she marries one day. Jerry

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Not far off.

I knew that girl. And her boyfriend did the exact same thing. Then her husband also did the same - figuratively speaking, as I was not present, nor have been in their 20+ years. Only difference was my friend refused to bury herself in self pity/ loathing.

Scotsman69Scotsman69almost 13 years ago
Thank you

For your courage in addressing issues most authors are scared to confront.

As someone who tries to write, I haven't yet discovered your boldness.

This story inspires me to try harder in future. Thank you again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Beautiful

Sweet, lovely story. It was a nice surprise to have it set in my city. You chose some nice Winnipeg spots.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Beautiful story...

...beautifully written, about ordinary people - that's the 99% of us.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
What an unusually wonderful story!

I cannot remember how many times I must have read it, but I feel compelled to post about it now, because with all the other great romance stories, this one misses the Top List, and it is too special to ignore.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Wow! Just Brilliant!

Loved your story! Loved the depth and meanings. However without your writing being witty, evenly paced, enough character to dIve in, it would not have been complete. Great job!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Crying at work

WARNING: Do not read this story anywhere you will be embarressed to be seen crying. This is a great love story about transformation and overcoming. Thank you so much.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

So cute... So gross. So Cute! SO GROSS!

Great story

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

5 star so beautiful

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous