All Comments on 'Oregon Coast Ch. 03'

by Thucydides

Sort by:
  • 16 Comments
SAFC13SAFC13over 13 years ago
What a trio of linked stories

Each one different but all so romantic. I like your style of writing. I'd like to see how different it would be were they not from the rich end of society but with the same values. I think you could pull it off equally well.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Good story

"Kind of thick aren't you" - Classic line and perfectly placed in the story. A very nice trilogy and well written IMHO.

ThucydidesThucydidesover 13 years agoAuthor
Thanks

I started this as a one off to see if I could actually write a romance story, liked it, and kept going. If I had planned it as a trilogy I would have done it a little differently. Sorry for any continuity errors. Now that the three pretty roommates are married to the three brothers I'm going to have to start something else (unless they decide to find Doc M a girl- I didn't plan for him to be a major character).

Anyway, it's been fun, and I'm glad people seem to like it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago

Amazing story with a great ending! You certainly proved you could write a romance story.

68dawg68dawgalmost 13 years ago
Almost Great

All three of the coast of Oregon stories were very good: great dialog (among the very best) and good use of details. And, as a former resident of NE Portland (in the Drugstore Cowboys days), I loved the setting -- made me think of sitting a sports car on top of Washington Park with two women who were wondering how much sperm was being ejaculated at that moment in the city below us. But I digress. The only problem was the plotting. It just seemed a little pat. You gotta give us just a little more dramatic tension, a few more real obstacles to overcome, a little more sense that the 2 lovers might really not get together. But overall, really good.

ThucydidesThucydidesalmost 13 years agoAuthor
Response to 68dawg

You're right- by this point in the trilogy I was struggling for a way to keep the tension up, and I wasn't 100% satisfied with how I did it. I liked the plot in #2 a lot better. Maybe I should have come back to it later but I wanted to finish out the trilogy. Why I felt the need to do that is a good question.

LadyFalconLadyFalconalmost 13 years ago
I like Doc M

and would love to see more of him. Just saying. :-)

I enjoyed Chap 1...the military angle got me hooked. I'm a Vet from a non-war time frame and have a real soft spot for the military. Chap. 2 was the most well written. The dialog was fantastic and the characters seemed more defined or deeper. I have just discovered you and I am looking forward to reading the rest of your work. I can already tell...I'm gonna be up way too late tonight. :-)

phil2213phil2213about 10 years ago
Wow!! Familiar but fun predictable story.

Even the black sheep got redemption in your series. It shows that a seemingly irresponsible immature wretch can mellow and mature. Some of us are not blessed with ghost sense and social graces. The key element was Dave's willingness to accept constructive criticism and help in navigating himself to a positive outcome in his life. It was expertly presented and written which was fun reading. Thank you for your effort.

SoleSurvivor1969SoleSurvivor1969about 10 years ago
The wedding

Went off WITH a hitch :) 😊

bruce22bruce22over 9 years ago
Pleasant Romance

with a classical break... Back in my time the girls were , er , different from this, I, er, think.

Or perhaps I was just another Dave.... As opposed to gold-digging, I was going out with a pretty girl for one semester, but over the holidays I discovered that she was going to inherit a huge fortune.. I broke it off without any explanation. My fear was of spending to my whole life worrying about if her money was well applied instead of living my own life...

rightbankrightbankover 8 years ago
Reading now I have the luxury of time and history

What was discussed as a trilogy now has 5 Chapters. Lucky us.

I must admit this was not the Dave to whom we were introduced in Ch. 01. But he is a welcome substitution.

my favorite line?

"It's their life, I just live in it..."

He was lucky to have been a part of it and that they shared with him. I remember back to the discussion that smart (and pretty) women get to choose.

great addition to the Oregon Coast series.

Horseman68Horseman68about 6 years ago
Another Great.

Really enjoy this writer. Intend to read all of the author's works and expect the same.

DoctimeDoctimeover 5 years ago

Just enough sex to make it titalating coupled with a well written tale to make it captivating.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Although it ended well enough, she should nit have sat on his lap and teased him fir hours. She had already crushed the poor guy. She should have taken him for a walk right then and talked with him rather than making him wait. Plus what were Jen & Lydia doing all this time after the break up. You would think they would have talked with her and/or gotten into it somehow. Not as good as 1&2.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great story, might have been good to build it up a bit slower, but very cute.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

KAREN....name says it all 🤣🤣

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous