Out for Revenge

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Dracede
Dracede
5 Followers

They saw Dracude walking back to where he left them. Jacque is the first to see that he is wet but then feels a hand on his shoulder warning him not to say anything. Therefore, Jacque asked what happened and Dracude said that he took care of the wolves. They all nodded and finished the trip to Nakita's town. Dracude suddenly realized that they did not know the name of the village they were heading toward. Therefore, Dracude asked Nakita and she told them that she was from La Terre de Mort Vivant. They looked at one another then back to her. She told them that they would rather not know. They just shrugged and continued to follow her. The sun was almost down when the gates to the city appeared. They were relieved to see them. Nakita was indifferent and went on ahead toward the Inn. She entered and went straight to the Innkeeper. She said that they needed three normal rooms. The man nodded and handed over the keys. They went to the rooms and took showers. After they showered, they went to get food. Nakita led them to a pub and got them all a table. She then proceeded to order for them. They all understood why, except for Dracude.

"Ok Nakita I have a few questions to ask you." Dracude stated.

"Let me guess. You want to know why I asked for three 'normal' rooms and why I am ordering for everyone. Am I right?" Nakita asked.

Dracude nodded.

"Well that is simple enough to explain. The name of this town means the land of the living dead. Do you understand why that is Dracude?"

"No I do not."

"That is because, with the exception of your team, we are all vampires. Just about, everything that we have here is made for our use. Is there anything that you want to know?"

"As a matter of fact there is. Why is it that I can smell and hear everything that others cannot? Why can I see better at night like the beasts that we hunt?" Dracude asked.

"That is because you are a half breed, Dracude. You are a half vampire. We were told not to say anything and to try and allow you to find out on your own." Meier answered.

"Why?"

"Well as you know we have been allies with vampires and half vampires for as long as any of us can remember. I am one of the few that knows this secret. I was the one of the few people that was present at the time of your birth. Your mother told us that she was raped. We knew that she was a true vampire because she helped us build our community. When it came time for you to be born she instructed us not to divulge this information."

"And I can't believe that my confidences were for not." a woman's voice from the bar behind them. "Dracude will you please come with me."

Dracude looked at the others and Meier nodded his head that it was ok. Dracude was nervous but went with the woman. She led him out to the front of the pub.

"Why are you here? Why were they telling you about when you were born? Answer me NOW!" she demanded.

"Who are you and why do you care?" Dracude asked in return.

"You answer mine and I will answer yours."

"Fine, I am here so Nikita can train me to fight so I can get revenge for what happened to my friend. Meier told me because I wanted answers. Nevertheless, I know that you were listening to our conversation. Therefore, I do not need to go into the details. Now it is your turn." Dracude stated.

"My name is Cassandra, Call me Cassie for short. I care because I was the one that told them not to tell you. I am your mother. In addition, Nikita is your sister."

Dracude just stood there dumb founded. He did not know what to say. Cassandra was watching him closely. She knew that whatever he was expecting it certainly was not this. He turned from her and went back inside. He sought out his companions, found them and sat down. They looked at him and thought that something had happened to him. The only one that did not look concerned was Malachi. He was impossible to read.

"Are you ok Dracude?" Jacque asked.

"I am fine Jacque. I just need time to think. I am going to my room I will see you in the morning Nakita." Dracude got up bid them good night and left.

The Following morning Dracude awoke at dawn. He set out to the pub to get an early morning drink. He got there pretty quick and found to his delight that it was still open. He went inside and sat at the bar. The bar tender came up to him and asked him what he wanted to drink. He told the man he wanted something very stiff, like whiskey or bourbon. The bar man nodded and got him his drink. Dracude heard someone walk in but did not see who it was.

"Good morning Dracude. How are you this morning?" Nakita asked eyeing the whiskey in front of him.

"Did you know who my mother was?" he asked.

"Yes and no. I knew that a was raped and she left here to give birth to a son about twenty-thirty years ago but I did not know that it was you. I always wanted to meet my older brother though. If that makes you feel any better." She replied.

He gave a non-committal nod but did not say anything. Nakita was worried so she suggested that they go and start their training. Dracude nodded swallowed the rest of his drink in one gulp and got up.

Nakita led Dracude to the training field. It was a twenty-minute walk from the bar. When they got there, Dracude was impressed by the size of the place. It was about the size of a football field and twice as wide. There were weapons lining the whole length of every wall. The ceiling was tall enough to fit a two-story house with room to spare. He walked the length to find the weapons that he would be training with. He picked up various ones trying their weight and feel. He finally found the weapons that he was looking for. The wing blades, when held, curve back along the arm.

"I see that you are going to be using the wing blades." Nakita commented.

"I am they seem to be the easiest to wield."

"You would think that was the case but it is not. They are different than anything that you may be used to using or seeing."

"Believe this or not, but I have never used a weapon of any kind before." When she looked disbelieving, he continued. "I have always used the martial arts. I have never killed before until yesterday."

"Ok let's see how you handle them then." She replied.

He used them fairly well but their weight was what was making it hard for him to get used to them. He knew that the only way to get better, was the reason that Nakita was here, was to train. So that was what they did. They trained all morning and afternoon. When they were done for the day, it was nearly dark. Nakita was thoroughly pleased with how fast Dracude learned how to handle his weapons. The two of them went back to the pub to meet up with the others and to get something to eat. He saw the others and went to join them.

"How was the training Dracude?"

"Intense, Meier, Nakita really knows how to use her weapons. I just wander how long it will take."

As everyone finished eating, they started to head back to their individual rooms, leaving Dracude and Nakita alone at their table.

"You know I think I will have some one help us in your training. That way you can get used to having more than one opponent."

"Ok, that's fine with me. The more the merrier."

They continued to talk for several hours. Nakita stood up, bid Dracude good night, and left him alone to think. He thought about what Cassandra told him the day before. He still had some misgivings about why she would have those he worked with not to tell him about why he did not really know who his parents were.

The following morning Dracude got up dressed and went to the training area. He was surprised to see Meier, Malachi, and even Cassandra. He asked why they were there when Nakita walked up behind them. She explained that they were to help with his training. When Dracude looked like he was about to protest. Nakita reminded him that he said the more the merrier. He nodded his agreement but he still protested.

"I do not want those two to be apart of my training. I do not want them to get hurt."

"Dracude, this is our choice. we want to help you while we are here." said Malachi.

Dracude sighed in a resigned defeat. He knew that there was no point in arguing with them. They went to get themselves their preferred weapons. Malachi a set of daggers. Meier a short sword. And Cassandra a pair of wing blades. Nakita was standing off to one side while the others got started. Dracude was watching as they started to circle him. Meier was the first to make a move. Dracude was fending him off with ease when he blocked Cassandra's attack. The three of them were going back and forth for several minutes before Malachi threw his first dagger. Dracude fended of the dagger. All four of them were attacking and defending each other. Dracude was not tiring but the others were. Nakita noticed that Dracude was just barely able to keep the others off of him. Then with a stroke of brilliance, Dracude dropped Malachi. Nakita picked up her weapon and joined the group. Dracude was just barely able to parry the attack. He was being forced into a corner. He knew that if were trapped he would have to concede defeat. They kept driving Dracude into the corner. Once Dracude realized what had happened he surrendered.

"You did well Dracude. I am impressed. Though you are a far way off from being able to handle those. You cannot give up ground the way you did. Giving up that much ground is a very easy way to be killed." Nakita informed him slightly winded and he nodded.

So that evening they rested and talked. Dracude noticed that Jacque was not there. He looked around to see if he could spot him but to no avail. So Dracude decided to wait till later to find him.

A few weeks have passed since and Dracude was able to knock all four of them out with out giving up that much ground. After that afternoon's practice, they made their way to the pub and found that they had food waiting for them at their normal table. That evening Jacque found Dracude. When Dracude asked where he had been Jacque shook his head and led Dracude to his room.

"So where were you Jacque?"

"I had gathered some disturbing information. I thought that you would rather me not say it in front of the others. I found out that we have a spy in our midst. And you are not going to like who it is." Jacque replied.

Jacque told Dracude who it was and was surprised that Dracude was not surprised. He asked Dracude why that was but Dracude just shook his head. Dracude left the room and went in search of Meier. Meier was in his room with Malachi.

"Can I have a quick word with you Meier?"

"Of course." He stepped outside the room and closed the door. "What's the matter? You look worried."

"I am. Malachi is our traitor."

Meier looked like he was ready to go in and kill Malachi but Dracude waved him down. "Look I want him dead too but he may still have his uses. besides, I want to kill him my self. If I need to I can do it in our last training session with out any problem."

Meier knew only too well that Dracude was increasing in ways that were beyond belief. Meier knew that if he wanted Dracude could take care of the spy without any one knowing what happened. He was just glad that he was on Dracude's side.

The following day Dracude finished his last practice when he noticed that he was experiencing the same thirst that he had the day before they arrived in the town. he told Nakita this and she nodded her understanding. She got up and walked off. She was gone for a few minutes. When she returned, she had a bag full of a dark red liquid that he was unwary of. She told him that he needed to drink it or the thirst would be too much for him to handle. He knew that he would have continued to ignore it if it were not for the fangs that had grown when he saw the unit. He accepted it and raised it to his mouth. He placed his teeth against it and the blood ran into his mouth. he drank hungrily. It was enough to quench the thirst but now he was just as hungry. They all looked alarmed when he stated this. He knew that they were expecting the thirst of a vampire but the hunger was something new. They did not know what to do. He asked if he could get some fresh meat, uncooked. They nodded and went out to find it. The best that they could do was a cow. They were on the ground before they new what had happened. Cassandra, who appeared to be the only one that was still standing, looked over at Dracude and saw that he was already half way through the cow before the rest of them even got to their feet. When the rest got to their feet, he was finishing the cow. He stood up shortly afterward, saw the looks on their faces and saw that they were afraid. But what got to Dracude most was that Malachi looked more afraid than the rest, Dracude also noticed that Jacque was looking at him with mild interest.

Dracude went to get cleaned up before looking for Meier. Twenty minutes later, he found Meier. Meier was slightly apprehensive but listened to what Dracude was saying. Dracude told him what he noticed and Meier was looking more apprehensive.

"Do you honestly believe that? I have known Jacque for many years now, longer than I have known you." Meier stated.

"You know that I do not make assumptions. I remembered that every time that anyone went on a mission Jacque always wished them luck, even Alexander and myself. He even went with the two of us on a hunt, to test him on his intelligence gathering. After that mission, I have noticed that he started to become colder towards me and Alexander. And after my little feast, I am certain that he has also seen true werewolves feast."

Meier pondered this information and realized that he could either believe him or not. This decision, he knew, could not be made lightly. He decided to wait and watch.

Jacque watched as Dracude devoured the entire cow. If he had not seen it done before he would have been sick. Though he knew that he had to let his boss know what he has seen, but he needs to do so as soon as possible. They will want to know so that they can get prepared.

After their discussion, Dracude and Meier went to find the others. They found them at the pub talking about where to go. Dracude suggested that they go east.

As they leave the east gate Dracude calls them to a halt.

"Before we go any farther I should inform you that we have a traitor among us. I do not know who it is."

"How do you know?" Jacque asked.

"Because I pay very close attention to everyone. I read people's body language." Dracude add because Jacque looked confused.

They all looked at each other suspiciously. Dracude told them to let him know if they see anything out of the ordinary. They nodded and started to head out again.

Dracude was wearing the armor that Molly made him as well as the wing blades the he had mastered over the last few weeks Nakita was wearing a set of armor similar to Dracude's. She is also carrying a pair of katanas. Meier was wearing a full set of leather armor and a short sword. Malachi was not wearing any armor. However, he did have an arsenal of daggers. Jacque also elected not to wear any armor. He had throwing stars as his weapons.

Dracude knew that telling everyone about a spy was a wise decision. It would put everyone on his or her guard. He hoped that Jacque would get nervous, though he knew that Jacque would be calm at first, but time will wear him down. When Jacque starts to breakdown Dracude will make his move.

Dracude was starting to tire out. He had them walking until dawn with out even realizing it. Dracude called for a stop so that they could rest and eat. They all ate and slept. The group decided on two lookouts. This way no one could get the drop on them, Dracude and Meier took the first watch.

"Do you think it wise for them to know?" asked Meier.

"Yes, I do. It will force him, in time, to make mistakes. And when he does I'll offer him a choice." Dracude replied.

"What kind of choice?" Meier asked although he thought that he already knew the answer.

"Life or death."

Dracude had Meier get Nakita to take his place. Nakita sat down by Dracude a few minutes later. The two of them talked for a little while before Dracude got up and had Malachi take his place.

The following morning, after breakfast, they set out once again.

Dracude noticed that Jacque was not himself. He was rather subdued. Dracude was glad to see this. He knew that Jacque had over heard his and Meier's conversation. That afternoon Dracude had them stop for lunch.

Jacque had asked Dracude if they could talk in private. Dracude nodded and led Jacque away from the others.

"What is it Jacque?" Dracude asked with concern.

"You know ho the traitor is, do you not?"

"So do you I take it."

"Yes, I do. You see I am the one," when Dracude said nothing he continued. "I want to take you to the lair of the beasts that contaminated Alexander."

"That is fine. Now let me ask you this, why did you decide to help us? Why not kill us or run and save your own skin?" Dracude asked.

"Because Cassie is following us to make sure that I did no such thing." Jacque replied.

Dracude nodded and headed back to the camp. He told the others what Jacque had said and reassured them that he would not flee, but lead them to their destination. Jacque came back unnoticed by Meier or Malachi. Nakita saw him and went to unsheathe one of her katanas when Dracude shook his head and pointed behind her. She turned and saw her mother standing feet behind her.

"Mother what are you doing here?"

"Keeping an eye on your friend over there," she said as she nodded toward Jacque.

They noticed that she had a hand on the hilt of one of her own wing blades. They all figured that she was the reason that Jacque was still with them. She explained the she knew which who to keep an eye on because Raven had told her that Dracude would most likely be going to La Terre de Mort Vivant, that he was going to have three other people with him, and one was a double crosser. Dracude had the feeling that Raven was hoping that Dracude would kill Jacque himself.

Before he knew it, he was overwhelmed by an intense anger. He was so angry that he wanted to rip out Cassandra's throat like an animal. He could feel himself begin to change.

He awoke to find that the back of his head aching and that he was lying on the ground. He could hear people arguing nearby and could tell that some one was standing over top f him. When his eyes focused, he saw that Nakita and Cassandra were arguing.

"You might have killed him mother!" Nakita exclaimed.

"I did not hit him that hard my dear daughter," Cassandra replied calmly.

"Will everyone SHUT UP!"

They all jumped. Malachi was on the verge of asking what was wrong. However, Dracude just shook his head.

His senses were sharper than Nakita's were and Cassandra's were. He heard something approaching them. He knew by the smell that what were approaching them were werewolves. Dracude was on his feet in seconds and went off to see how many there were. When he could smell them as though they were right beside him, he put his mask in place so it could block their scent. When he was in sight of them he had his weapons ready and was on the wolves before they knew what happened. He had 2 of them killed and the third he had severely injured with his blade to its neck.

"Why are you here?" Dracude demanded.

"To kill you and your party. Why else?" the wolf responded.

"How did you know that we were going this way? Did Jacque inform you? And if so what else has he told you?"

"No one told us anything! How dare you to treat me this way. Just kill me and get it over with."

"So you are making demands now are you? Well incase you missed it you are in no position to be making demands. You are my prisoner and I will treat you as such unless you cooperate. Now tell me how you knew we were coming this way and I may put you out of your misery." Dracude replied.

Dracede
Dracede
5 Followers