Out of the Shadows Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,299 Followers

One day Jason walked her to the park when two of the girls from school came over. Cammie played with the girls and made plans to meet the next day. So for the next three weeks, Camirra grew into her own. She discovered she was good at sports, and that she liked to write stories. At night, when Ty was sleeping, she could create her own stories.

Instead of having Darius drive Rory home, they would drive Cammie to them. Robin had walked over to say bye to her new friend when Jason drove up. Rory asked her friend to wait and rushed to greet her family. She hugged Jason first and apologized, sincerely this time, then her Mom, Tyrianna and finally Cammie.

"Come on, I want you to meet someone." Rory told her sister as she dragged her off to meet her best friend.

Robin was surprised because she didn't realize that Rory had a twin. But she was polite and invited Cammie to visit her the next day.

Robin headed home and promised she'd be back the next evening the show Cammie to her house.

Rory showed Cammie to her room and the two girls talked for hours. When it was time to leave, Rory didn't want to go. Cammie didn't want to leave Mom or Jason either. And she'd even miss Tyrianna.

Then month two began, Cammie wasn't sure what to expect. She liked Cynthia because Cynthia let her be herself. She helped Dad at the garage but they didn't talk as much as he would like. At night she talked with Cynthia and she seemed to really open up. Both women loved cleaning, and Darius felt like he lived in a sterilized hospital.

During down time she wrote in her journals. Cynthia noticed this and brought her an electronic journal. Cammie loved it. She also gave her various stationary, pens, and bindings.

Cammie became fast friend with Robin, but Robin didn't like sports. She wanted to play hoops so one day, she decided to play on the goal over the garage.

Darius came home and saw her playing. He decided to join, and like that she now had something she could too share with her dad. His little girl could hoop, hmmm, he liked that. Smiling he walked into the house with a smirk on his face.

Rory's attitude had improved tremendously. She helped Momma with Ty. She helped with housework. Jason was polite to her but mainly kept his distance. One day, Momma had to work late and Rory decided to work on a picture. Jason was watching Tyrianna.

Rory sat with her sketch pad in hand and watched her stepfather. He was a nice man and she regretted being mean to him. Even though he said he forgave her, he didn't really talk to her anymore. So, Rory decided to give him a present. Maybe he would believe she was really sorry then.

So with very careful strokes and attention to details, She drew him capturing each line and crinkle in his face. Before long the portrait was finished. Rory stood and walked to where Jason was sitting.

"Jason, I drew something for you." She whispered.

Jason looked up and took the paper she was giving him. Looking at the picture, he was speechless. The sketch, the drawing, was perfection.

"Rory, you just drew this. It's amazing. Thank you." He said as he embraced her lightly.

Soon her arms encircled his neck and she held him tightly. "I'm really sorry Jason. I shouldn't have said that stuff to you." She wept.

Jason's heart melted and he hoped she was sincere, so he embraced her and whispered, "Rory, baby. It's alright."

"Hey, we've got to go out. I've got to buy a frame to frame my portrait. Did you sign it? " Jason asked.

Rory looked confused, "Um, no."

"Girl, an artist always signs their work." Jason explained, "Sign it so I can have your first piece when you become famous."

Rory grabbed her marker and quickly signed her work.

Jason put Tyrianna in her car seat and Rory next to her and they drove to the mall to find the right frame. When they made it back home, Deidre was wondering where they were.

Jason, who was as excited as a kid at Christmas told her all about the portrait that Rory drew. Late that night, Deidre came into the girls room to talk to Rory.

"You know that picture means the world to him Rory, thank you for drawing it." Deidre whispered. Rory's heart filled with pride and love for her stepfather. She honestly regretted hurting him and vowed she'd never treat him that way again. Then she sat and they talked. Deidre loved talking with Rory, her little girl was fascinating, and quite the artist.

Deidre realized that a lot of her bluster was simply fear, and once she felt safe she calmed down. This little girl was so much like her daddy; she was almost his mirror image. Rory had no trouble making friends, so when she wasn't helping with Tyrianna, she'd hang out with her friends.

Rory learned that Cammie was good in sports. She hated sports but if that was something Cammie wanted to do she'd be there.

Summer came to an end and both girls had to come back home. Deidre felt bad because at Darius' home the girls had their own rooms, but at home with her they had to share. Well Jason and Darius talked and came up with a solution. They could add on. They had the yard space and they just needed permits.

Jason obtained the necessary paperwork and with Darius's help they hired a contractor to add two rooms on to their house. Soon Camirra and Camorra had their own room at both their homes.

The twins blossomed. Camirra joined the basketball team and Camorra joined an art club. Although they still did a lot of things together, their parents made sure they had time to pursue their individual interest, and both girls thrived.

Two years later, Darius was putting on his tuxedo and filled with excitement. Today was a big day, Rosa was getting married. Darius walked into the bathroom to find his wife Cynthia sitting on the toilet crying silently. He feared another test was negative, and she was heartbroken again.

It killed him to see her hurting, and he wished this as something he could fix. "Baby, look at me. We just started trying. Listen, if it's meant to be, it'll happen. But baby, please don't cry." Darius tried to comfort his wife.

"Baby," Cynthia whispered, "We're pregnant. We're having a baby." Then she showed him the test. Sure enough the blue line was clearly visible. Darius was speechless. He was going to be a daddy. He and Cynthia would have their own bundle of joy.

He held her and soon they realized the time. As soon as they dressed and were headed to the church, Cynthia got a phone call and had to report to the hospital. A three car pile-up had occurred and one of the occupants needed emergency surgery. As the only surgeon available for miles around, she was constantly on call for emergencies.

"No, baby, I'll miss Rosa's wedding. She'll never forgive me." She said wishing she could be in two places at the same time.

"Listen, I'll drive you to the hospital. Those people that were in the accident need you, baby. I'll explain to Rosa and the family. Believe me, they'll understand." Darius reassured her as he drove her to the hospital. "I'll be back here to wait for you as soon as the wedding is over. I love you honey." He kissed her gently.

Darius made it to the church just in time to join Deidre and Jason in their pew. Soon the bridal march began. It was beautiful. Then his thirteen year old daughters walked down the aisle and they were breathtaking. He and Jason had to talk about upping security. "Deidre told him to calm down, but Jason agreed with him.

Soon Chrissy came down followed by the bride, Rosa. And she was truly beautiful. Darius reflected for a moment and was grateful that his family all of them overcame everything in the past. He wished his beautiful, now pregnant, wife hadn't gotten that emergency call and could have been here to share this moment.

He would make sure to describe the events for her in vivid and clear details. As he sat and listened to the vows, he sighed because he was blessed. Several years ago, when he enlisted, he made the right choice.

THE END

Thank you again for reading this chapter of the story. Please remember to comment and vote.

Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,299 Followers