All Comments on 'Package Delivery'

by countrycal

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
I'm Impressed With Your Depth Here

Especially in a rape scenario. You captured and displayed some introspective emotions in a very talented and sensitive manner.

This is a glimpse of the writer you can be, when you wish to be - especially in a subject matter which was difficult to accept for most readers.

You would be very strongly respected in a theme of stronger reality with some of the talent you displayed here. You had them respect each other when it mattered.

Thanks Writer - nice work - with regard

saw_man1saw_man1over 18 years ago
A rare sensetivity

This has softness and a sensitivity rarely seen in this category. Your best story by far.

NiphasNiphasalmost 18 years ago
Deep and sensitive - but enough?

I'm having a little trouble with the beginning part of the story. I simply don't buy the fact that Barbara, whom you describe as not enjoying the intrusion until the rape is long underway, would give in so easily. A sexual intrusion, especially after nearly twenty years of marriage, is a pretty serious deal. Either she secretly enjoys the thought - but by your own definition in the story, she would then turn into a cheating wife. Or she does not enjoy the thought - she may blame herself, she may feel shame, anger, disgust... but ambivalence? She has the option to say no. She has the option to call the police. Why doesn't she make use of it? Rape is a pretty serious deal, and I don't believe that any woman would simply shrug it off if there is no reason for her to let it happen.

I enjoy the end of the story too much to simply let it rest. What would happen if you dug into the beginning as much as you do into the last parts? What happens between them to alllow her to see him in this light? Who is he, and what allows him to let the gentleman take precedent over the animal? Your characters are revealed to be fundamentally broken. They are longing in some twisted, unhappy way. What has caused those fractures within them and their lives?

In either case though... thank you for a story that allowed me to think about these things ;->

Best,

K

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
I want a job with Parcel Delivery

I think it was well constructed and thought out, liked the principles, and enjoyed the story. Thank you. S

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
nice, sexy story

As a woman who struggles with my own nonconsent fantasies, I found this story quite appealing. I loved the way he struggled with his thoughts. Although he let a forceful side of himself take over from his lustful thoughts, he still kept himself under control enough not to hurt her. Jeff came across to me as a normal man, who was lonely enough that he needed to act on his fantasy. He, at the same time however, treated Barbara with the gentleness that he felt her innocence and beauty reflected in his own mind. I loved all the smaller details that you have throughout your story. It makes it seem so much more real inside my thoughts as I'm reading. Thank you for sharing your story.

KOLKOREKOLKOREabout 17 years ago
Who is the last Anon poster??

I Have not had a chance yet, but I swear I WILL read the story! This one is REALLY unusual. I have jusr read the last Anon poster on this story, titled: "nice, sexy story", and it is so strange - I felt like I wrote it. I am talking about the style the length the explanations: the whole approach. I liked it, but at the same time it freaked me out a bit. Do I have a twin sister I have never heard of??? Anon poster post more!

shayshaymcdumblehousinshayshaymcdumblehousinalmost 11 years ago
wow

Excellent. The ending was was especially superb. Only complaint I would have is... how many people really steal looks at their mothers in the tub? Gross, even for a young boy. every single other sentence: immaculate. Well done, super enjoyable.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
WTF

This is some serious weirdo shit, and you should be ashamed of yourself for attemping to put a romantic spin on an out and out rape.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Trash, selfish, and evil at the core. Rape is rape, no matter how you try to frame it. This is just a sick mind trying to make it 'nice' to cater to other sick minds.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous