All Comments on 'Painting the Roses Red'

by beagle9690

Sort by:
  • 15 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
WRONG CATAGORY

l cant believe you spent 12 chaps telling this boring story...need to learn how to write...l couldnt even finish it...

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Stupid is as stupid does

The story was - ----

Fascinating.

The sex was minimal, and for the most part, not there. Hence, some might not have liked it for its lack of vicarious luridness.

The twist and ties of the story went well. My only complaint would be, after a nice story, rushing to an end that just was a wrap up, not an enticing lure to more.

The title of the comment... for the writers that disparaged it. The should get the book, "The Dirty Dozen" and only read Myron's sex scene. That is all they deserve, and yet... it would be more than they could handle.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
A ittle Long BUT

Had to read this i two sitting but well worth the time reading it. Mildly erotic with a story.

delegregdelegregover 15 years ago
You are a strange man indeed ....

First off, nice writing and storytelling, i liked how you twisted and turned till the end. Your writing is compelling, intelligent, poetic, and rich with cultural references.

Now for the negative, i think you've tried to cram too much things into this. The "Rose" plot (pure love story) is probably too short, the "Puppy" plot (D/S redemption) too long, the "Shylock" plot (action/film noir) a bit fuzzy, and the "empath" twist far too short and circonvoluted.

My two-cents : this doesn't belong to an erotica genre, but rather to a novel. You would be better off rewriting this longer, hinting about the empath thing sooner and more frequently, introducing erotica differently (maybe more sparsely but more evenly too), trying not to introduce too many characters too quick (the sarge, vito, the dad and uncle), and most importantly, breaking it up in several "chapters".

Overall an excellent read, reminded me a lot of "castle in the sand" by deana johns, sadly removed from ASSTR but that you might find with a bit of work with http://web.archive.org

Thanks a lot

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
not bad

for a change, a nice romance, read like a book. I enjoyed it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
ZZZZZZZZ SNORE ZZZZZZZZ

BORING!

Eric_ShiftEric_Shiftover 14 years ago
Some people dont know a good story if it bit them

On the arse. This was good

ElanorElanorabout 14 years ago
Thoroughly enjoyed this story

I enjoyed your story and its twists and turns. Love your attention to detail. Look forward to reading more.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago

the story was kind of ......different, but it works .

JohnnyMaxJohnnyMaxover 11 years ago
Interesting

Quite well constructed - not really erotica but that's ok.

Recommend you get an editor - grammar falters in places. Girls join a sorority not a fraternity.

ramonbrookramonbrookover 10 years ago
Great story one of my favorites!

Although the last part was a little rushed. I would have liked to see more of a reaction from Rose when she learned that Adam was having a relationship with Clarette. I mean she loves Adam and now a few short weeks after leaving him he is with Claretter also!

I'm not an author and this is JUST my opinion.

I gave it my 5

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago

Good job. Hated the dog food part. And some of it went to far .

HMAuthorHMAuthorover 9 years ago
A good read

I found this to be very much in the style of Robert Heinlein, my favorite SF author. Enjoyable albeit too rushed at the end.

Probably should have been in the romance section. Not much if any reluctance.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Okay

It is somewhat good I think you should have made it less in length but it is a good story. It is like a cinematic play

IvyAguasIvyAguasabout 4 years ago

I like the concept of the story but there were so many details that I think were unnecessary to build it up. I enjoyed it anyway. I wish there is an alternate ending where you written how Rose reacted to Clarette being a second wife.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous